E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 251 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #221
Cretster

My Ride: E90 320D
Thanks but will that not just make it hard to see everything else in strong daylight?

Will give it a try anyway cheers.
Cretster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #222
EnDLeSs_27

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneumann View Post

As for formatting SD cards, they have to have a Primary, FAT32 partition that is set active. Then copy the MLO file first, then the rest. Use Easus to do all this stuff, their home edition is free.
First what Easus software do i need to download to be able to format the sd card? The "EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition"?

I installed that and it wont even show my 32gb sd card. it only shows my local hard drives

Last edited by EnDLeSs_27; 03-07-2012 at 10:42 PM.
EnDLeSs_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #223
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
First what Easus software do i need to download to be able to format the sd card? The "EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition"?

I installed that and it wont even show my 32gb sd card. it only shows my local hard drives
Can your SD card be formatted in the traditional sense? through windows?

Lot of dodgy SD cards floating around. Specifically so called 'larger ones'
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #224
EnDLeSs_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
Can your SD card be formatted in the traditional sense? through windows?

Lot of dodgy SD cards floating around. Specifically so called 'larger ones'
Yea it works fine on the computer, I can add things, delete things, format it, i can do everything. But when I add 16g of music and movies etc.. then place it in the d99 unit. It gives an error "Checking for errors" from android.

That is why I am trying to see if there is a specific way i need to format it to make it work. I download the EaseUS Partition software and it wont even show the sd card. only shows my local hard drives.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #225
Cretster

In terms of card formatting I was having trouble getting a card to be recognised for flashing the rom.

Jim then pointed me to his method (different to that on the first page of this thread, and described just a couple of pages back or so). I followed that to the letter and then the rom flash worked straight away.

I realise you're not trying to flash a rom, but maybe it's worth a try using the same formatting for the media card side?

Bit worrying if you can't see if in EaseUS though. Can you get the card to show up at all anywhere? And are you attaching it by a USB card reader or a built in SD card slot etc?
Cretster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #226
EnDLeSs_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretster View Post
In terms of card formatting I was having trouble getting a card to be recognised for flashing the rom.

Jim then pointed me to his method (different to that on the first page of this thread, and described just a couple of pages back or so). I followed that to the letter and then the rom flash worked straight away.

I realise you're not trying to flash a rom, but maybe it's worth a try using the same formatting for the media card side?

Bit worrying if you can't see if in EaseUS though. Can you get the card to show up at all anywhere? And are you attaching it by a USB card reader or a built in SD card slot etc?
My computer recognizes the SD card just fine. I can format it using the windows 7 options normally. I am also using the built in SD card slot in my laptop. When I open up EaseUS it wont show my SD card (unless there is something i need to do to make it show???). It just shows the local hard drives.

Has anyone been able to use a SD card with 15-30gb of data on it on the android side of their unit?
Old 03-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #227
listermint

Quote:
My computer recognizes the SD card just fine. I can format it using the windows 7 options normally. I am also using the built in SD card slot in my laptop. When I open up EaseUS it wont show my SD card (unless there is something i need to do to make it show???). It just shows the local hard drives.

Has anyone been able to use a SD card with 15-30gb of data on it on the android side of their unit?
Jeff used them a far as I know, have you tried any other sd card on easeus? I would still believe it's an sd problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
Old 03-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #228
Ninety-9 SE-L

My Ride: 2001 M3, 3.5L Sentra
Need help. The android side won't boot, it just hangs on the Dynavin animated splash screen.

First off, I have not rooted it or changed the rom, I'm on the original rom and I've only installed apps by apk file. I've been waiting for M3Evo's new rom, before I go that route.

I have a few apps installed, all by apk file: ES file explorer, ES task manager, Poweramp, and Google music, so far. I just finished updating google music and I went to install Tasker. Tasker was taking forever to install, I tried several times and it wouldn't go, the bar would just hang at 0%. I exited all of the apps, killed all running apps using ES task manager and shut off the car. Turned the key back on, and now the Dynavin logo hangs on the Android side.

Not sure how to get Android to boot up, now.
Ninety-9 SE-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #229
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
reinstall the ROM, something got corrupted somewhere.

Quote:

I use a 32GB Sandisk, full to the brim.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 03-08-2012 at 04:13 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #230
Cretster

Agree with what Jeff says, assuming you've tried to boot it more than once since it missbehaved.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #231
EnDLeSs_27

so any ideas on how to fix the SD card problem? I have tried at least 2 different 32gb Sandisk SD Cards. I have formatted them numerous times. They work perfectly fine on the computer. But when I plug it in the d99 unit.

I am always greeted with this message.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #232
Ninety-9 SE-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
reinstall the ROM, something got corrupted somewhere.
yea, I figured I messed something up somewhere. Oh well. I ran the 2011-12-09 stock rom and I'm back up and running.

I'm going to try M3Evo's Rom once it's ready. That way I can install Titanium backup and keep the apps all backed up. I'm going to re-install poweramp once I get off work, and then I'll install tasker, which will be programmed to launch poweramp from boot.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #233
Ninety-9 SE-L

Quick warning, Tasker for Android seems to mess up the factory rom. I restored the rom and just for the hell of it, I decided to try installing Tasker, once more. As before, I got stuck on this screen.

Stayed here on the whole ride home without budging. Now, I could still exit and use android just fine, but on the next reboot, once more, the boot screen was just hanging. Had to re-re-install the factory rom.

Anyway, stay away from Tasker, at least version 1.1u2, which is free on http://www.apktops.com/tasker-1-1u2.html
Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #234
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
I had the same problem with Tasker when I was using the stock Dynavin rom.

Ill be releasing my new custom Rom soon and Tasker has no problem running on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety-9 SE-L View Post
Quick warning, Tasker for Android seems to mess up the factory rom. I restored the rom and just for the hell of it, I decided to try installing Tasker, once more. As before, I got stuck on this screen.

Stayed here on the whole ride home without budging. Now, I could still exit and use android just fine, but on the next reboot, once more, the boot screen was just hanging. Had to re-re-install the factory rom.

Anyway, stay away from Tasker, at least version 1.1u2, which is free on http://www.apktops.com/tasker-1-1u2.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2012-03-08-174834.png
Views:	137
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	441049   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2012-03-08-055207.png
Views:	123
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	441050  
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #235
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
That was the plan to have V6 Supercharger scripts baked into the rom on top of my 600mhz overclock. But after testing the script out I might leave it out for now so we all have a more stable Rom to start from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podge3 View Post
Well done!!!

Could you include V6 Supercharger in your ROM?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2012-03-08-081028.png
Views:	124
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	441056  
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:51 AM   #236
listermint

Quote:
so any ideas on how to fix the SD card problem? I have tried at least 2 different 32gb Sandisk SD Cards. I have formatted them numerous times. They work perfectly fine on the computer. But when I plug it in the d99 unit.

I am always greeted with this message.

You NEED to do this exactly as outlined below.

use easus partition manager to delete the partition on the sd card, create a new one, primary, fat32, then mark said partition as active, commit changes, copy the MLO file to the sd card FIRST, then the rest of the files.

If for any reason Easeus doesnt recognise either of your 32Gb SD cards chances are they arent official (i know they work on your windows but that doesnt matter) Try using a 2gb/4gb if you have one out of a phone or something. (start small)

The steps above for format do work and are tried and tested.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #237
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
That was the plan to have V6 Supercharger scripts baked into the rom on top of my 600mhz overclock. But after testing the script out I might leave it out for now so we all have a more stable Rom to start from.
Thanks!
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #238
Ninety-9 SE-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
I had the same problem with Tasker when I was using the stock Dynavin rom.

Ill be releasing my new custom Rom soon and Tasker has no problem running on it.
excellent. Glad I wasn't the only one with this problem.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #239
EnDLeSs_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
You NEED to do this exactly as outlined below.

use easus partition manager to delete the partition on the sd card, create a new one, primary, fat32, then mark said partition as active, commit changes, copy the MLO file to the sd card FIRST, then the rest of the files.

If for any reason Easeus doesnt recognise either of your 32Gb SD cards chances are they arent official (i know they work on your windows but that doesnt matter) Try using a 2gb/4gb if you have one out of a phone or something. (start small)

The steps above for format do work and are tried and tested.
The SD cards are official. I bought the 32gb ones from walmart. I even tried my older 4gb, 2gb SD cards and even a 128mb sd card. This is what Easeus shows me.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #240
Ninety-9 SE-L

Question for anyone running Poweramp. How can I avoid the licensing problem with Poweramp? Poweramp claims that it doesn't require an internet connection, but by code, it checks in with your google account and must receive a license verification every 48 hours, even with the unlocker installed.

I have yet to hook my dynavin to the internet in any way. How do I get around this?