E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 312 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #241
NECTOP

My Ride: Audi A3 Sportback
Hello everyone.
I'm newbie to this forum and thread. I have followed this thread for about a month and I haven't got any problems with flashing device but there are some problems I can't fix. By the way, I use Dynavin Audi A3 device, which is similar to BMW's it also runs of D99 platform with Android. I tried different ROM's and there are some problems:
1. Wi-Fi works very unstable, I use an iPhone as hotspot with Internet teetering. And very often Dynavin disconnects and doesn't reconnect till I turn of Wi-Fi in device preferences and turn it back on.
2. I don't have Dynavin 3G modem, only Dynavin Wi-Fi dongle, but device seems to see virtual GSM/3G network T-Mobile, that I can't turn of. I use some GPS software with traffic info over the Internet, and sometimes I can't get info because Wi-Fi suddenly disconnects and Android system API is thinking that 3G is available and probably trying to connect via 3G and it takes forever till is said that Internet is not available. Once I'm playing with firmware's I saw one firmware that after installing doesn't has T-Mobile but I can't remember witch one it was.
3. Some apps's doesn't install at all. They able to install in Android 2.2 devices, like HTC Hero, but not to Dynavin.

You suggestions with this are much appreciated.
NECTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #242
mdh

My Ride: E60 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety-9 SE-L View Post
Question for anyone running Poweramp. How can I avoid the licensing problem with Poweramp? Poweramp claims that it doesn't require an internet connection, but by code, it checks in with your google account and must receive a license verification every 48 hours, even with the unlocker installed.

I have yet to hook my dynavin to the internet in any way. How do I get around this?
I used the patcher and the unlocker and do not see this issue. Alternatively you could purchase the application....
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #243
Ninety-9 SE-L

My Ride: 2001 M3, 3.5L Sentra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdh View Post
I used the patcher and the unlocker and do not see this issue. Alternatively you could purchase the application....
Actually, that's the problem, according to Poweramp's website, even a purchased version requires a google account and some infrequent access (every 48h) attached to the android device in order for it to continuously verify the license.

Which patcher are you using? I have lucky patcher but it won't work on the non-rooted Dynavin. I just have to uninstall/reinstall every 2 days.
Ninety-9 SE-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #244
mdh

My Ride: E60 M5
Yeah, you need to be rooted. I would recommend m3evos rom, it opens up some new opportunities.
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #245
ADBMW

My Ride: 04 330i
I have tried to install Titanium Backup and needs Root access. Is there a simple way to gain root access?
ADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #246
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBMW View Post
I have tried to install Titanium Backup and needs Root access. Is there a simple way to gain root access?
Yes by following the first post.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #247
Ninety-9 SE-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdh View Post
Yeah, you need to be rooted. I would recommend m3evos rom, it opens up some new opportunities.
That's what I figured. Now that M3Evo released his new ROM, I think I'm going to try it out, tonight.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #248
robytza

My Ride: BMW 318d 2005
where can be found the new rom of m3evo ?
thank you
robytza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #249
Ninety-9 SE-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by robytza View Post
where can be found the new rom of m3evo ?
thank you
Actually, I take that back, looks like it's going to be later this week. M3evo started a new thread in this section.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #250
bcuptaM3

My Ride: 2002 E46
m3evo, I know that you were asking for different things you could include in your rom, do you have a list of what is currently baked in? I don't want to annoy you with a bunch of items you have already included.

A couple other questions for the whole group:
1) Has anyone figured out how to get voice commands to work? This would be awesome for google searches.
2) How to get android to launch first when starting your car?
3) How to change the Dynavin provided UI? I want to change the icon for NAV to the Android dude.

That is all for now. Any help is appreciated.
bcuptaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #251
Cretster

My Ride: E90 320D
Aaaargh! Damn I am angry tonight. I've been waiting patiently for the Sabrent bluetooth dongle to arrive as recommended on here as a compatible one for Dynavin, and I received one today. Except it didn't look like it was a sabrent one and didn't mention that on the packaging at all. Tried it anyway since that's what I had purchased in theory and it doesn't work.
It's a cheap generic chinese one just the same as the one I already have, and the same style as the sabrent ones that apparently work, but this doesn't.

Same as the one I already have tried, when I turn on bluetooth in the wireless settings, it thinks for a few seconds, then turns it back off again.
The amazon.com seller that conned me with this item by the way is called CellularFactory, and I've just sent them a complaint about it.

So this is a warning for anyone else trying to buy one of these!!

So my question now, given that I've tried to buy the correct dongle but been ripped off by the one easy place to buy from, is I suppose, why is it that the sabrent branded dongle appears to work fine with Dynavin Android, but other ones that look the same do not, and is there anything I can do about this to make my current ones work?

I'm guessing this is an issue with this install of Android not having a huge amount of drivers? If that is the case, is there any way to get the correct drivers on there?

To expand on this, I've got one Wifi dongle that works with Dynavin (the one that came with it), and one I already had that doesn't work, plus 2 Bluetooth dongles that won't work with it, yet all of these devices work instantly on my laptop without adding any software or drivers, hence me thinking it's an issue with the number of built in drivers in this Android install.

Any way to get round this? Very disappointed anyway, although I realise it's obviously not the fault of the Dyna!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #252
Scott183

My Ride: '00 Civic, 05 Dodge
Hey guys, newbie here. Wanted to start by saying thank you for all the info you guys have posted on Dynavin and all the work going into customizing it. I was sent over from a member of MP3car because I'm considering (strongly after reading the past 13 pages) bying a D99 Universal for my Dodge Ram. I have a question about this platform concerning the RCA outputs. Does anyone know if they pre amplified, or amplified like the regular speaker wire connections (unit comes with both stypes of connections). I am hoping for pre-amps, but have found no information about this. I am going to be removing an Alpine W505 and replacing with this, just needed to know if I'm going to need a JL Cleansweep or equivalent to get a non amplified clean signal off this head unit. Thanks again for all the contributors, if this is posted in the wrong section, I apologize, and hope it is moved to the proper forum.
Scott183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #253
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretster View Post
Aaaargh! Damn I am angry tonight. I've been waiting patiently for the Sabrent bluetooth dongle to arrive as recommended on here as a compatible one for Dynavin, and I received one today. Except it didn't look like it was a sabrent one and didn't mention that on the packaging at all. Tried it anyway since that's what I had purchased in theory and it doesn't work.
It's a cheap generic chinese one just the same as the one I already have, and the same style as the sabrent ones that apparently work, but this doesn't.

Same as the one I already have tried, when I turn on bluetooth in the wireless settings, it thinks for a few seconds, then turns it back off again.
The amazon.com seller that conned me with this item by the way is called CellularFactory, and I've just sent them a complaint about it.

So this is a warning for anyone else trying to buy one of these!!

So my question now, given that I've tried to buy the correct dongle but been ripped off by the one easy place to buy from, is I suppose, why is it that the sabrent branded dongle appears to work fine with Dynavin Android, but other ones that look the same do not, and is there anything I can do about this to make my current ones work?

I'm guessing this is an issue with this install of Android not having a huge amount of drivers? If that is the case, is there any way to get the correct drivers on there?

To expand on this, I've got one Wifi dongle that works with Dynavin (the one that came with it), and one I already had that doesn't work, plus 2 Bluetooth dongles that won't work with it, yet all of these devices work instantly on my laptop without adding any software or drivers, hence me thinking it's an issue with the number of built in drivers in this Android install.

Any way to get round this? Very disappointed anyway, although I realise it's obviously not the fault of the Dyna!
I updated my firmware to latest version from dynavin site and that cured my bluetooth issue. I bought the sabrent one it didn't work. I was pissed as had tried 4 units. Then updated firmware and sabrent worked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #254
Cretster

Really?? That's weird.

I'm on the M3Evo rom (ie from late last year, and I think based on the last official rom) and none of my blue tooth dongles work for some reason.
Like I say, when plugged in the pc or laptop they work within just a few seconds, but cannot get any to work with Dyna, even on this rom.

I can't obviously just keep buying random BT dongles until I get one that happens to work - there must be something software wise that makes them work or not, but surely the rom I'm using should work if the unrooted one does it for you?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #255
listermint

Quote:
Really?? That's weird.

I'm on the M3Evo rom (ie from late last year, and I think based on the last official rom) and none of my blue tooth dongles work for some reason.
Like I say, when plugged in the pc or laptop they work within just a few seconds, but cannot get any to work with Dyna, even on this rom.

I can't obviously just keep buying random BT dongles until I get one that happens to work - there must be something software wise that makes them work or not, but surely the rom I'm using should work if the unrooted one does it for you?
Well x2 things to do first.

Put the Dynavin one on from their website.

Test all your BT ones again. if that doesnt resolve buy the actual Sabrent one that is tried and tested to be working and sell all the ones you wasted cash on.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #256
Cretster

Thanks for the suggestions. To be honest, given that the only dongle anyone has confirmed so far as working (to my knowledge anyway) is the Sabrent one, I don't think reflashing the standard rom will serve any benefit really given that it's likely the dongles I've got just won't work without some sort of additional drivers or whatever.

If I can get hold of the Sabrent dongle then at least I know I have one that works, and that the dongle is not the thing causing it to fail if it still doesn't work. At that stage then I think it'd be worth changing roms to get it sorted but until I've got one that I know is ok, then it's a lot of hassle to go through (not the flash itself, that's easy, but all the subsequent setup) for something that in all likeliness still won't work.

If other people have had success with other branded ones I'd love to know though so that we can have a list of compatible hardware.

As I mentioned (re' me "wasting money" on non Sabrent dongles) I did order a Sabrent one from the US but got sent a cheap sh*t one instead by the unscrupulous seller. I'm awaiting their reply to my angry email about this through Amazon....

Selling the ones I have wouldn't get me anything, but if I can find a supplier that will send me one and not defraud me by sending a cheap junk one then I'll very happily order again.

It's not the cost that's an issue here at all, it's only 12 or something after all, it's just the principle about I've tried to buy the correct one, spent money, waited patiently to receive it and get it working, then been ripped off, and still don't have the correct dongle.

Will do a search today to find other sellers of it so I can try again to buy one.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #257
listermint

Selling the ones you have would recoup some of the cost. What good are they to you? Ebay them.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #258
Cretster

Thanks for the suggestion but seriously I'd get like 1 for them or something for all the hassle of listing and posting them etc. I'll just stick one in my car PC that I have in my Legacy, and the other can go in my old laptop that I use for mapping in case it serves any purpose. Either that or I'll keep one and give the other to one of my pals if they have a use for it.

Like I say the cost of buying a bluetooth dongle is not an issue at all when I'm talking about 12 purchase after just spending 750 on a dynavin. Plus that's 12 that I paid for what is effectively a 2 dongle since I got defrauded by the seller on Amazon.

It's just the fact that I still don't have the working dongle that I need to have, and that I've been ripped off that p*sses me off.

I emailed Dynavin to ask about what 3G dongles are compatible also but not heard anything back yet. Be nice to add one of those to it though.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #259
listermint

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion but seriously I'd get like 1 for them or something for all the hassle of listing and posting them etc. I'll just stick one in my car PC that I have in my Legacy, and the other can go in my old laptop that I use for mapping in case it serves any purpose. Either that or I'll keep one and give the other to one of my pals if they have a use for it.

Like I say the cost of buying a bluetooth dongle is not an issue at all when I'm talking about 12 purchase after just spending 750 on a dynavin. Plus that's 12 that I paid for what is effectively a 2 dongle since I got defrauded by the seller on Amazon.

It's just the fact that I still don't have the working dongle that I need to have, and that I've been ripped off that p*sses me off.

I emailed Dynavin to ask about what 3G dongles are compatible also but not heard anything back yet. Be nice to add one of those to it though.
No 3G dongles are compatible currently so dont waste your time or money buying any suggested ones from Dynavin.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #260
Cretster

Really? That kind of sucks. Thanks for clarifying.

What's perhaps more annoying then if that's the case is that my iphone doesn't have the personal hotspot option for tethering via wifi.

Might have to jailbreak it again to stick mywi back on (orwhatever it was I used to use).