E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 268 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #281
Cretster

My Ride: E90 320D
That's interesting as its been cited lots of times that there is different hardware in the droid versions, hence them not initially being readily available.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #282
Fabio328ci

My Ride: 328Ci
sorry for stupid question, i'm newbie in android...
i just would to know if these modded Rom can be installed on Clone dynavin unit, like eway or Enco with android based platform

thanks
Fabio328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #283
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
No probably not different chipsets and hardware.

Unless you mod yourself
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #284
Fabio328ci

My Ride: 328Ci
ther's a way to backup original rom in the unit ?
i would to try to install dynavin modded rom into b046 but i need to be able to restore unit to default rom..
Fabio328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #285
azmp1

My Ride: 01 M3, 03 A4, 08 X5
Hey all, any news on the forse close issue? I've been running m3evolution's ROM for a few months with no issues and then the day force close again....
azmp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #286
bloody2k

My Ride: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio328ci View Post
ther's a way to backup original rom in the unit ?
i would to try to install dynavin modded rom into b046 but i need to be able to restore unit to default rom..
You can simply go into dynavin.com and download the newest rom.
bloody2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #287
Nindi

My Ride: BMW-E46
I NEED HELP...

I have a D99 Android version and keep getting the message "can't establish a reliable connection to the server" when I try to add my google account in order to be able to access the market. Anyone that knows how to fix this please help me. Thanks.
Nindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #288
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindi View Post
I NEED HELP...

I have a D99 Android version and keep getting the message "can't establish a reliable connection to the server" when I try to add my google account in order to be able to access the market. Anyone that knows how to fix this please help me. Thanks.
Update your firmware, download it from dynavin website.
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #289
Nindi

My Ride: BMW-E46
I already did... I installed the latest firmware from their site and keep getting the same message. I read something about a time zone problem but have not been able to figure it out. I've been at this for one week now and without success. Don't know what to do...
Nindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #290
madmid04

My Ride: 320D E46 (2005)
jneumann, any updates on the 2.3 GB version?
And still waiting for M3's reply regarding your image, and yes, ofcoz you'll get a beer
madmid04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #291
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
I'm really sorry if this isn't directly related to this thread but instead of making a new Dynavin thread I thought maybe this is the best thread to ask my question.

Can Torque be used on the D99 using one of the OBDII USB cables instead of using a bluetooth OBDII ELM 127 unit??

I basically would like to have my D99 connected all the time via USB but I don't want to shell out on a cable if it isn't going to work so anyone that has tried this or knows if it will work (or not) I would appreciate your feedback please
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #292
diddy0071

My Ride: 2001 E53
So I was listening to a YOUTUBE video (Listening, karaoke, etc.) last week and the whole screen froze and it just made a fast stuttering sound. I turned off the unit with the knob, turned on 10 seconds later and the screen is black. Nothing but blackness on Android side now. Turned off the car, turned back on, turned off radio at least twice since, and still just a black screen. Anyone have a similar experience? It's completely dead. I was running M3Evolution's R1.221 Rom. I have no Android now. Someone help?
diddy0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #293
ro.sniper

My Ride: VW Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy0071 View Post
So I was listening to a YOUTUBE video (Listening, karaoke, etc.) last week and the whole screen froze and it just made a fast stuttering sound. I turned off the unit with the knob, turned on 10 seconds later and the screen is black. Nothing but blackness on Android side now. Turned off the car, turned back on, turned off radio at least twice since, and still just a black screen. Anyone have a similar experience? It's completely dead. I was running M3Evolution's R1.221 Rom. I have no Android now. Someone help?
Did you try reloading the rom?
ro.sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #294
hybridNz

My Ride: e39 540iASE,e30/s50
I had that when I reloaded the stock firmware once ... had a panic for about 30mins but found after I reformated my firmware SD card again and reloaded the files in the correct order and reloaded the firmware everything was alright with the world. (this was a stock ROM not a modded one)
Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #295
diddy0071

My Ride: 2001 E53
Nothing will reload. Not the stock rom or any rom for that matter. It is just a black screen on the Android Side. Possible defective unit?

On a side note, ever since I got that D99 installed, I have issues with my A/C unit. Sometimes it turns on by itself, other times I turn the car off but the A/C won't, other times the A/C unit will fail to respond to any button presses (Kinda annoying when it's 37 degrees F outside and the air condition is blasting MAX inside, I swear I saw my own breath that day on the way to work)

I hope it's not a defective unit. I had the Android side all organized how I wanted it on the screen as well as my equalizers for my music player.

P.S. The WinCE side works well. DVD, Aux, etc. all work as described even the bluetooth. Just the android that kicked the bucket.
diddy0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #296
TimTim

My Ride: 06 E46 M3
Android on the radio board?

Quick (possibly dumb) question for the Android experts out there. Would it be possible to load android on the radio board? If so could the two boards "talk" to each other?
TimTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #297
rtelcean

My Ride: Skoda Octavia Scout
Hi,

Android side does not work anymore when pressing NAV ... only a blank screen . Had any of you this issue? Please help if anyone solved this.

Thanks!
rtelcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #298
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtelcean View Post
Hi,

Android side does not work anymore when pressing NAV ... only a blank screen . Had any of you this issue? Please help if anyone solved this.

Thanks!
Reflash the Android ROM.
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #299
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdh View Post
More...
I can find the usb flash drive with es file explorer and even play files from it but I can not find these files through the android music player. Is there a way to "mount" these drives in android so they are available to the system without digging for them?

I am way out of my league here but I am trying...
Does anyone have an answer for this? I've been searching but have not found anything
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #300
martin1902

My Ride: e46 touring 320d 150
french D99 new user

Hi,
I will recieved my D99 within 10 days... Win CE 6 Based ( cheapest )

I have read the posts about how to install Android on D95 plateform,

is this procedure ok for the D99?

I have a wifi dongle at Home, how to know if this dongle is working on the D99 to have internet access?

Do you think it's possible to have internet access with winCE 6 or not?

thanks for this thread,
martin1902 is offline   Reply With Quote