E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 249 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #81
Lassen90

My Ride: 1994 E220
Hello. Now I am very happy. Got to format the sd card properly and it worked. I just had to a rooted program to get it into bootable mode and the card worked and after it was flashed the wifi started working again! Thanks for all help people!
Lassen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #82
opey

My Ride: 04 M3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by opey View Post
can anyone do me a favor, and check their CPU speeds, with such as the AnTuTu CPU Master app. mine is ALWAYS at 500 mhz, no matter what i change the settings to. even when i set max at 250mhz, or max at 720 and min at 600, it always just stays at 500. im wondering if this could be related to my android music problems.
anyone please?

IR/IR 6 speed
opey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #83
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
anyone please?
That's because the emulator does not pass the clock speed changes as far as I can tell. It just always runs at "500mhz", which I'm not even sure is actually 500mhz, because it benchmarks just as fast as the 1ghz snapdragon in my old HTC Desire.

I doubt that is the issue with your music, I'm kinda wondering if the DAC or something else is screwed on the android board, given you've tried so many different ROM versions.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:56 AM   #84
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
This is the heart of the problem.

http://code.google.com/p/milestone-o...ki/Disassembly

Its possible to bump the cpu speed higher.

Dynavin advertise the unit at 600mhz but all shipped unit using their latest firmware max out at 500mhz.

Quote:
anyone please?
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #85
Fooljam

My Ride: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneumann View Post
Woah, I've been kinda spacing out the last few weeks in relation to Dynavin stuff, does this mean that app + resler's v6 USB dongle = steering wheel controls mappable in android? (i.e. previous/next, home and back?)

Stalk buttons already work on the Dynavin Android.
What I am trying to figure is if our BMW iBus application works with the can bus adapter from Dynavin so we can implement large number of commands on Android Dynavin for extended OBC functions without the need of an additional device such as Resler's.

Anyone tested this yet?

Thanks
Fooljam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #86
Fooljam

Quote:
If it's anything like the beagleboard, we should leave it at 500Mhz. 600 is doable, but pushing it, 720 results in heat deaths from what I've heard.

SetCPU won't work because it's a custom board,
SetCPU works on custom roms that is not the problem. I have it on Galaxy S1 with custom ROM (S.U.R.F.A.C.E)
I don't have a dynavin so I can't test it.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #87
navman01

My Ride: 2004 318i E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by R75 View Post
@navman
Lots of questions and problems in there but here goes on some of the issues:

SD card size
I have a 32GB Class 10 Samsung SD card running successfully. I am told it should go to 64GB but that is beyond my needs, so havent tried that.

2 GB SD Boot Card
You have to remember that you must make the card "Active" just like a Harddisk partition before formatting. I use Easeus Partition Manager (free) for both - FAT16!

USB formatting
I am using an 8GB USB stick and have no issues. Never tried formatting (just quick format in Win7).

Android Voice
I may be wrong here, but I think it requires that you insert the external microphone in the back of the unit.

Bluetooth
You have to install an external bluetooth usb stick. I have a passive USB hub with a WiFi and a Bluetooth adapter. Both works (although WiFi is a bit flaky).
Bluetooth connects the service connector for use with Torque Pro.
An oddity is that Android will report "Paired but not connected" even if it is.

Google Maps (Voice)
If you start your journey while you have internet access you can disconnect and will get turn by turn direcetions all the way. I have google voice loaded and it works!!! Also off line.
Thanks for the info regarding SD, yeah i think 16gb should be plenty for the units use. Think I might go buy similar if not the same sd card.

As for the 2gb SD Card format issue, yeah it was an active disk, its been a bit buggy, Ive had the same sd card work now without a problem and Ive had a card that I was using on a long distance trip fail on me after switching of the car and coming back after a half hour,starting up only to get a corrupt sd card... that sucked.
right now im planning on getting two, one for a backup and the other for use.

USB formatting
4gb generic for me, Ive tried formatting it since putting it in (it was and is being detected) but whenever i put it in a pc it seems to freeze up the pc/laptop and when i go to add remove files / format it (it was fat32 but seems to have become fat while in the dynavin) to default its write protected looking up ways to remove this, no success so far, trying to format through cmd line in win7, annnddd *checks pc* wow... 5hrs 6% formatted... see what it looks like in the morning, a few aftermarket programs keep saying write protected (Theres no uncheck write protection or anything like that for the usb both hard or soft btw)

Android Voice
Ive had the microphone inserted since installation, and have tested it out on bluetooth side during calls, sounds great. Firmware probably hasnt been rolled out for the mic on the unit...

Bluetooth
So you have a usb hub in place of the "gps" usb which thus allows for and has both a wifi and bt dongle. Im curious what have you been able to use it for so far?

Google Maps (Voice)
haha yeah I mentioned this in the second paragraph, great thing as well is that its all cached, I just wish that destinations were as well, still require a data connection to establish a route, otherwise you get a "lost gps signal" voiceover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R75 View Post
@navman
.com and .net errors
In my oppinion the Android board in Dynavin has a very unreliable I/O. I have never experienced anything so flaky in my long life with IT (30+ years). Network connections bounce on and off, and many of the Android apps have issues with the communication (ie. Navigon). I don't think any other Android 2.2 unit in the market would survive with those stats.
I hope this is being addressed in the next update of the FW.
This deserved its own quote haha. Truest words ever. Agreed and backed by another 7years.
navman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #88
navman01

My Ride: 2004 318i E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassen90 View Post
Hello. Now I am very happy. Got to format the sd card properly and it worked. I just had to a rooted program to get it into bootable mode and the card worked and after it was flashed the wifi started working again! Thanks for all help people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by navman01 View Post
~Apps requiring an internet or data connection fail to work / .COM .NET ERRORS?~
Just wondering if you tried doing what I posted before rooting? I want to have it replicated to confirm it is a solution, Id do it myself but gotta call a friend with a infrastructure phone tether
navman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #89
jneumann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooljam View Post
Stalk buttons already work on the Dynavin Android.
What I am trying to figure is if our BMW iBus application works with the can bus adapter from Dynavin so we can implement large number of commands on Android Dynavin for extended OBC functions without the need of an additional device such as Resler's.

Anyone tested this yet?

Thanks
Um, not on mine. It works for the Dynavin unit itself, but not within Android...

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

Old 02-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #90
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
So assuming you cant get rid of the status bar, can you change the colour to something less stand-out than white for when using nav?
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #91
Fooljam

Quote:
Um, not on mine. It works for the Dynavin unit itself, but not within Android...
You mean you can't switch music/playlist with the stalk buttons on Android?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #92
winter_baby

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post
So assuming you cant get rid of the status bar, can you change the colour to something less stand-out than white for when using nav?
I tried changing the widget component graphics based of xda postings once but it wasnt successful. But I'm sure it is possible.

It wud b a long shot. But I'm hoping to obtain the GingerBread rom (GB has dark indicator by default) from a guy from the dynavin clone(?!) thread here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
Just like my original post. I wanted to use it. But I needed the wifi function to work. And it wasnt working for me. So I never used it and it is still in the box.

Yes it came with a SD card. I have to check what is on it though.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

2003 330i Titanium Silver / Black - [Sold]
2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
2001 330cic Metallic Steel Gray / Gray - [Sold]
2000 Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]
1997 Z3 1.8 Atlanta Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]

Last edited by winter_baby; 02-01-2012 at 03:12 PM.
winter_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #93
reigate

My Ride: e46
Android Bluetooth

Moved

Last edited by reigate; 02-01-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Moved
reigate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #94
opey

Quote:
That's because the emulator does not pass the clock speed changes as far as I can tell. It just always runs at "500mhz", which I'm not even sure is actually 500mhz, because it benchmarks just as fast as the 1ghz snapdragon in my old HTC Desire.

I doubt that is the issue with your music, I'm kinda wondering if the DAC or something else is screwed on the android board, given you've tried so many different ROM versions.
what im wondering is, if it really is always running at 500mhz, if its overheating? because when i first start up the unit, it all runs fine for a little while before the problems start. the speed should drop down when the system is idle, but mine just always shows 500mhz

IR/IR 6 speed
Old 02-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #95
jneumann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post
I tried, and failed multiple times. Bootloop every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooljam View Post
You mean you can't switch music/playlist with the stalk buttons on Android?
No? What stalk buttons? The OBC stalk? I don't have the OBC stalk on my car, only the steering wheel. I was under the impression nothing ibus related passed through the Dynavin side onto the Android side.
It's probably worth noting that I have the original Dynavin Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_baby View Post
I tried changing the widget component graphics based of xda postings once but it wasnt successful. But I'm sure it is possible.

It wud b a long shot. But I'm hoping to obtain the GingerBread rom (GB has dark indicator by default) from a guy from the dynavin clone(?!) thread here.

Same here. What was the result from your attempts? Bootloop?

Quote:
what im wondering is, if it really is always running at 500mhz, if its overheating? because when i first start up the unit, it all runs fine for a little while before the problems start. the speed should drop down when the system is idle, but mine just always shows 500mhz
Does how long it take to get the problems change based on how warm or cold the car is when you start it up?

Old 02-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #96
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Quote:
I tried, and failed multiple times. Bootloop every time.
A pain. Is it distracting or do you get used to it?
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #97
m3evolution

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0002 (Small).jpg
Views:	323
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	435022   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0005 (Small).jpg
Views:	244
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	435023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0006 (Small).jpg
Views:	278
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	435024  
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #98
m3evolution

Can you give us the link to that Gingerbread dynavin clone thread over at xda? Ive been trying to build a new rom for our Dynavin without much luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_baby View Post

Old 02-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #99
opey

Quote:

Does how long it take to get the problems change based on how warm or cold the car is when you start it up?
doesnt seem to. i wanted to pull the unit out and let it run and see if it still happens, just been lazy

IR/IR 6 speed
Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #100
mistapony

My Ride: volvo v70r
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
So what's your trick to get the dark info bar?
mistapony is offline   Reply With Quote