E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 158 votes, 4.91 average.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #221
zbi701

My Ride: E46 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedude90 View Post
I do see that.........now
CAN-bus only does the DME, Transmission(AGS), ABS, and the DSC.
Although; it seems I should be able to get into my K-bus so its not a total loss. It seems i will have to get the package from xcar for the CAN-bus but I atleast want to give it a try.
It is not advisable to try something on CAN-bus unless you are absolutely sure what you are doing.
zbi701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #222
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
well the only thing I would really wanna do is re-program my DME since I had an O2 sensor code pop up and have herd sometimes its just the DME.

But either way the cable didnt work so I just might send it back and and buy the stuff from Xcar. Idk yet
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #223
e46hektor

My Ride: 2000 323i
that link was a year ago, im sure they made the scanner already bridged, or with no need to bridge it no more, I got mines like 4 months ago , installed the program on a windows 7 starter notebook! with no problems at all, i dont see why it doesnt work for some of yall, mines was installed with no modifications and on the first try., yours looks like its just a plug and play device, if its not the obdII connnector then try the round connector and it should be fine.

Quote:
alright so I cracked open my cable. When to this link http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1726627 to see what should be together.
This looks nothing like my cable.....

This is my cable
top with cover

back of of it

so there you have it
I also found this link http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1622061
This guy has it running on 2 win7 64bit os so Im gonna uninstall and go by those instructions and see hat happen WML
Old 02-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #224
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
well the only thing I would really wanna do is re-program my DME since I had an O2 sensor code pop up and have herd sometimes its just the DME.

But either way the cable didnt work so I just might send it back and and buy the stuff from Xcar. Idk yet
PASoft isn't capable of that. Get an Ediabas interface and use winkfp to flash a euro tune to your car. That'll delete the O2 errors.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #225
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
Well its not that I want to reflash to a Euro tune. Im know for a fact I dont have enough info on it. I have just read that the DME is very sensitive and that even though a SES light comes on and its saying something about ur O2 sensors, that it may not bee them and that you DME may just need a newer program. But I havent had any problems lately so Im just going to send the ECS cable back and I orderd the Xcar package last night so Ill wait for that to come in. plug it up and see if Ill have to open it up to combine some pins. Was hoping to be able to mess around with it this weekend hey owells.
Thanks for all the help guys I really apprecaite it. hopefully the new stuff wont give me this much hassle lol
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #226
djray

My Ride: 01 BMW325CI
So went back at it last night as i still can't get my door locks to lock automatically when i drive away. Does anyone using this software know what "Terminal R" means under;

ZKE3 Coding

- Automatic locking
* Locking condition
# Terminal R
# 4km/h
# etc...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZKE3.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	438853  
djray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #227
djray

Here's some more useful info on this program. Thanks to BMWcoders.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf www.bmwcoders.com_bmw_scanner.pdf (970.1 KB, 1739 views)
Old 02-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #228
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
OP, I am getting the same DME errors on the O2 sensors and ABS wheel sensors.

I checked the 30amp fuse int he e-fusebox for the O2 sensors. The fuses are fine, but those shadow errors are still there. You might want to check the fuse there to eliminate the blown fuse probability.

Please update if you find any solutions to it.

Mine works with the auto lock on 14km/hr(if I remember correctly)
Try setting it a little higher than 4km/hr
Old 02-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #229
djray

do you have a factory alarm installed? I just got one a few months ago and then my auto lock went away?

Im just trying to see if there is anything that i maybe not checking off that needs to be checked off under the "Automatic locking".

Right now i have it set to

"Automatic locking"
- After starting (lock)

Locking condition
- 8km/h

But nothing is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
OP, I am getting the same DME errors on the O2 sensors and ABS wheel sensors.

I checked the 30amp fuse int he e-fusebox for the O2 sensors. The fuses are fine, but those shadow errors are still there. You might want to check the fuse there to eliminate the blown fuse probability.

Please update if you find any solutions to it.

Mine works with the auto lock on 14km/hr(if I remember correctly)
Try setting it a little higher than 4km/hr
Old 02-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #230
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
No I do not have factory alarm installed, but I coded my car for the factory alarm to get the clown nose blink and the lock/unlock blinks.
I know if I add a siren or a piezo buzzer, it will make noise just haven't done it yet.

Since you say that the lock feature went away after installing the alarm, it might be creating an issue.
Try disabling the alarm remote/key all and set the auto lock after certain speed only and see if it works.
You will narrow down the issue and then we can see further.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #231
djray

True, i just dont want to disable the alarm and it not work again. I need to find the screen that had an alarm code? If there is one there, do i need that to reactivate? I saw the screen somewhere while just going thru the program.

I guess i'll findout this weekend but thats a good idea.

Can anyone chime in and lets us know if you have a factory alarm and your auto locks work as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
No I do not have factory alarm installed, but I coded my car for the factory alarm to get the clown nose blink and the lock/unlock blinks.
I know if I add a siren or a piezo buzzer, it will make noise just haven't done it yet.

Since you say that the lock feature went away after installing the alarm, it might be creating an issue.
Try disabling the alarm remote/key all and set the auto lock after certain speed only and see if it works.
You will narrow down the issue and then we can see further.

Last edited by djray; 02-24-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #232
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Below are my settings for the alarm, notice the 24km/h selection for auto locks. That is the only option that worked.

There are a tonne of posts about PA Soft.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #233
jfoj

My Ride: '06 330CiC, '03 M5
In order to get auto door locks working, you need to have the Keys enabled under Automatic Locking I believe??

As for Terminal R, I am just guessing, but I would assume this means Reverse detection??

Any yes, I have a factory alarm in multiple cars and Auto Lock works when configured properly. Also you can get Auto Locking without the Alarm installed or enabled.

Fuel pump failures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

Temp Info - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964491

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temps, Fuel Level - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info - www.bmwgm5.com

Lower hose fan switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #234
djray

Ah! Thanks!

But why does yours say ZKE5 and the one i have is ZKE3?

Also, you have under "Automatic Locking" you have all (5) checked? Is that for the key memory function?

Again, tomorrow i will get into this alot deeper with screen shots to compare so we and everyone that has this can come with a easier DIY with this program and its features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Below are my settings for the alarm, notice the 24km/h selection for auto locks. That is the only option that worked.

There are a tonne of posts about PA Soft.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #235
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by djray View Post
Ah! Thanks!

But why does yours say ZKE5 and the one i have is ZKE3?

Also, you have under "Automatic Locking" you have all (5) checked? Is that for the key memory function?

Again, tomorrow i will get into this alot deeper with screen shots to compare so we and everyone that has this can come with a easier DIY with this program and its features.
I have all 5 checked because that's what works for me. I only have two keys, however each set could be considered anything from 1-4 depending on how this program reads it.

You are probably using a different algorithm than me, which is why you have different options listed. I should consider myself lucky because it seems my car uses one which has most, if not all, of the features.
Just look at the top right screen of each module's menu (DME, IKE, etc.). It'll show you what algorithm is used.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #236
zbi701

My Ride: E46 318i
Dude, your adapter is not compatible with Pasoft. There is no FTD chip in it. You need to get the adapter specifically for Pasoft BMW Scanner 1.4. Pasoft require special interpreter chip in the adapter to communicate with the car modules.
zbi701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #237
I M Legend

My Ride: M3
can this activate the triple flash?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #238
mojako

My Ride: bmw
I hate Xcar360. They took my payment knowing that they don't have the cable available.

Now that I've been demanding for refund, it's taking them ages to reply.
mojako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #239
DougL3NC

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojako View Post
I hate Xcar360. They took my payment knowing that they don't have the cable available.

Now that I've been demanding for refund, it's taking them ages to reply.
I'm in the same boat. I paid through Paypal, so I guess I'm going to dispute it.

Sent from my N860 using Bimmer App
DougL3NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #240
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Question

Quote:
Well its not that I want to reflash to a Euro tune. Im know for a fact I dont have enough info on it. I have just read that the DME is very sensitive and that even though a SES light comes on and its saying something about ur O2 sensors, that it may not bee them and that you DME may just need a newer program. But I havent had any problems lately so Im just going to send the ECS cable back and I orderd the Xcar package last night so Ill wait for that to come in. plug it up and see if Ill have to open it up to combine some pins. Was hoping to be able to mess around with it this weekend hey owells.
Thanks for all the help guys I really apprecaite it. hopefully the new stuff wont give me this much hassle lol
PASoft cannot update modules period though. Procedure is the same for flashing US and Euro tunes

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft