E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 244 votes, 4.94 average.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #241
glhx

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
it will activate double flash

windows 7 will work but it need to be 32 bit and not 64 bit.

pa soft will read codes and let you erase them from any module including the dme. it does require a special box to run it. i got mine from obd2b for $68 shipped and it worked fine...no reconfiguring. Unfortunately there is no owners manual and if anyone knows the software well...they have not posted much info on it. Its really good software and does a lot of things. So far i know it will control zke body functions and recode modules....(i do not know hot to recode a module yet with it) my abs needs to be recoded and its the only one it will not recode

if you do a dual boot...make sure you have everything backed up and software to bring your computer back if you mess it up. I ended up doing it wrong and downloaded xp over windows 7 wiping out everything. i did have recovery software and it was fine and i was backed up. Most lap tops and all of them after 2007 have a place where the recovery disk is on a partition in the laptop and easy to get to....do a search on it and it is very simple. you can get your computers recovery software from there and burn it to a disk or buy it for around $30. Every time we mess with something like a dual boot we can mess it up if we are not experienced...but thats how you get experienced...through research or failure.

this will work on windows xp
windows vista 32bit
windows 7 32 bit

with 64 bit you run a dual boot
or use something like vmware (a virtual machine) which allows you to run a different OS withing your current OS. All the gt1 stuff ive seen done uses vmware

it wont give you updated software for your dme though. I dont know what will

If someone knows.....by all means post it

if you find something cool about pa soft....start a thread on it....its about time we make a manual on what it will and will not do.....specifically....and user friendly....without 8 hours worth of reading

Last edited by glhx; 02-26-2012 at 09:41 AM.
glhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #242
Perez

My Ride: US
Are you able to activate double flash with pasoft? If so, how?
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #243
Bostonbeast

My Ride: 2009 Yamaha R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez View Post
Are you able to activate double flash with pasoft? If so, how?
yes...IF YOU READ THE FVCKING THREAD YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THIS POST:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=100

sorry for the rant...
Bostonbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #244
Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonbeast View Post
yes...IF YOU READ THE FVCKING THREAD YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THIS POST:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=100

sorry for the rant...
I've been following but I wanted a straight answer. I've tried going to the light coding but it shows a different format the way it shows the options on my bimmer. The double flash is not listed as an option. What's the reason for this?
Old 02-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #245
mojako

My Ride: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougL3NC View Post
I'm in the same boat. I paid through Paypal, so I guess I'm going to dispute it.

Sent from my N860 using Bimmer App
Did you dispute yours already? I haven't gotten a reply from them yet.
mojako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #246
Bostonbeast

My Ride: 2009 Yamaha R6
Quote:
I've been following but I wanted a straight answer. I've tried going to the light coding but it shows a different format the way it shows the options on my bimmer. The double flash is not listed as an option. What's the reason for this?
Does your screen look like the one in post #111? It seems that some cars don't have the double hazard flash listed as an option on pasoft.
Bostonbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #247
DougL3NC

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojako View Post
Did you dispute yours already? I haven't gotten a reply from them yet.
Not yet...if I haven't heard anything from them in the next few nights, I will.

DougL3NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #248
TRIPLE_O

My Ride: E46 Coupe
Quote:
Screenshot and we can tell you for sure.

3 Series Owners Manuals
http://www.bmwsections.com/docs/3series/

For Sale (Exterior Lights)

..sincerely Jenny
TRIPLE_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #249
ac_2007

My Ride: E46 - M3 & 325i
Quote:
Keep reading..

Your car uses a different algorithm.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #250
mojako

My Ride: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougL3NC View Post
Not yet...if I haven't heard anything from them in the next few nights, I will.

Finally got a response from them today.

They also refunded my payment.

Will have to find another "reliable" source for this cable. For the meantime, i ordered a different cable to so i could install GT1 instead.
mojako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #251
djray

My Ride: 01 BMW325CI
so i managed to get it to work. but i only check off Key 1 and Key 2 under Automatic locking and in locking condition at 24km/h. I'll post the screen shots later on every feature/menus for this program.

Another thing that i found out which i never realized is that when you are sitting in your car and you arm your alarm, the clown nose nor does the alarm itself turn on. As i was playing with these features and trying to test them while in the car, they weren't working so i thought! The seats have sensors that know that you are still in the car. So i soon i got out to arm the car it worked.

Another part that i was messing with was under SRS features. It has some features for "passenger seat memory" that wasn't checked off, seatbelt notifications, etc... Here is where you can clear and remove the airbag warning light. What i meant by remove was a feature the you can check-off to remove the notification light. Personally i dont want to remove that feature but to each its own.

Just be warned that if you mess with the passenger seat memory functions, you may trigger your airbag light like i did. Luckly i ran another scan, read the and cleared the code and that was the end of the airbag warning light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
I have all 5 checked because that's what works for me. I only have two keys, however each set could be considered anything from 1-4 depending on how this program reads it.

You are probably using a different algorithm than me, which is why you have different options listed. I should consider myself lucky because it seems my car uses one which has most, if not all, of the features.
Just look at the top right screen of each module's menu (DME, IKE, etc.). It'll show you what algorithm is used.
djray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #252
djray

So another thing that was interesting to me was under "Information about car and ZCS/FA coding". If you look at the options that you have on your car, again i dont have the correct screen shot of my software but as an example here is this one from a previous post. Im not sure, but it may be the software verison on your car. If you scroll down in the options field it said something like version "Australia". Just want to confirm what others have.

Reason for this is, about 6months ago i took my car to an indy shop "which i would never do again" to activate my alarm. Ofcourse they screwed something things up like my autolock, etc.... But i did notice that my car just didnt run the same. Now that im thinking about it i wonder if they used/upload this version of software. This is a entire other thread on this shop in the westside, but let me just say one they washed my car as part of their service but in the process scratched my entire driver side door with something ruff and when i called them out about it, they said that was there already! I was like WTF! He also tried to charge me $190 for activation at the end and a so called software upgrade. Which at first he quoted me $110. At the end, the guy ignored me and walked away, so i was like cool f you then B*tch! so i drove off and never paid his ass.

Again, not to jump off topic but i'll post this on the "Indy Shop thread" here with a warning.

MBZ BMW SERVICE INSPECTION REPAIR - AKA "Autotech"
3817 Sepulveda Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90230

this is the jerk off!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Info.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	439247  

Last edited by djray; 02-27-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #253
ac_2007

^ I've found that pop-up screen to be highly inaccurate.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #254
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by djray View Post
so i managed to get it to work. but i only check off Key 1 and Key 2 under Automatic locking and in locking condition at 24km/h. I'll post the screen shots later on every feature/menus for this program.

Another thing that i found out which i never realized is that when you are sitting in your car and you arm your alarm, the clown nose nor does the alarm itself turn on. As i was playing with these features and trying to test them while in the car, they weren't working so i thought! The seats have sensors that know that you are still in the car. So i soon i got out to arm the car it worked.

Another part that i was messing with was under SRS features. It has some features for "passenger seat memory" that wasn't checked off, seatbelt notifications, etc... Here is where you can clear and remove the airbag warning light. What i meant by remove was a feature the you can check-off to remove the notification light. Personally i dont want to remove that feature but to each its own.

Just be warned that if you mess with the passenger seat memory functions, you may trigger your airbag light like i did. Luckly i ran another scan, read the and cleared the code and that was the end of the airbag warning light.
Glad that you worked it out with just 2 keys checked. As far as I can tell our cars can have unto 10 keys in total without changing the ignition. That means you still have original keys in your possession (key 1 and 2).
I have 2 remote keys and a valet key. My valet key sits in my closet and I never use the other remote key. I gave it to my girl for safekeeping and as a back up. But its not coded to the car for remote function, still works with the door lock and ignition. Will have to check if I can get it to work for remote by pairing it and activating the keys in the PA soft.

Also, Yes, it is because of the seat occupancy sensor, the sensor detects your presence and does not allow the alarm to activate. Also it is a safety feature for children or pets to be in the car when the car is locked without tripping the alarm.

Do not change the algorithms for any modules, the software detects the appropriate algorithm for the module present in the car. So changing it may give undesired results.

It is best not to touch the airbag system until you are absolutely sure what you are doing.
My passenger airbag light doesn't come up when I have a passenger and seat belt is buckled/not buckled. I don't know if that is how it is supposed to be. I just feel that the light should warn if the passenger doesn't have the seat belt on just like for the driver seat belt warning. My am almost always alone while driving so it has not really got me paranoid. I know the light works because when I change any settings in the passenger airbag light blinks. I will try more settings and see what changes.

PS: sorry about your mishap with the indyshop. Now you have the software you can code your car yourself and ***** about them lol.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #255
Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Keep reading..

Your car uses a different algorithm.
Yeah, I'm sure it uses the alternate algorithm. Is it too complicated and risky to change algorithms? I dont want to get too risky for something so simple.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #256
wjjklj

My Ride: 2009 750i
I asked this same question a while back. Seems only certain models have the double flash hazard option. Maybe a European thing or just different models. AC_2007 what model E46 do you have? Mine is a 330ci in US. Double flash does not work for me.
wjjklj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #257
ac_2007

2001 325i US Spec.

Im wayy too lazy to check my algorithm right now.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #258
FenderGuy05
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Just ordered it today from Reset tools, can't wait to get started.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 02-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #259
djray

Yeah, i have a second key, but it got deactivated when i programed the newer key. It will still open and start the car via the key alone but not with the remote.

As for the SRS it came back on again. When i start the car it'll go away for a few seconds but come back on. I know exactly which feature needs to be removed inorder for it to go away. "Faulty - Passenger seat occupancy sensor".

I'll try it tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
Glad that you worked it out with just 2 keys checked. As far as I can tell our cars can have unto 10 keys in total without changing the ignition. That means you still have original keys in your possession (key 1 and 2).
I have 2 remote keys and a valet key. My valet key sits in my closet and I never use the other remote key. I gave it to my girl for safekeeping and as a back up. But its not coded to the car for remote function, still works with the door lock and ignition. Will have to check if I can get it to work for remote by pairing it and activating the keys in the PA soft.

Also, Yes, it is because of the seat occupancy sensor, the sensor detects your presence and does not allow the alarm to activate. Also it is a safety feature for children or pets to be in the car when the car is locked without tripping the alarm.

Do not change the algorithms for any modules, the software detects the appropriate algorithm for the module present in the car. So changing it may give undesired results.

It is best not to touch the airbag system until you are absolutely sure what you are doing.
My passenger airbag light doesn't come up when I have a passenger and seat belt is buckled/not buckled. I don't know if that is how it is supposed to be. I just feel that the light should warn if the passenger doesn't have the seat belt on just like for the driver seat belt warning. My am almost always alone while driving so it has not really got me paranoid. I know the light works because when I change any settings in the passenger airbag light blinks. I will try more settings and see what changes.

PS: sorry about your mishap with the indyshop. Now you have the software you can code your car yourself and ***** about them lol.

Last edited by djray; 02-28-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #260
wjjklj

My Ride: 2009 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoj View Post
In order to get auto door locks working, you need to have the Keys enabled under Automatic Locking I believe??

As for Terminal R, I am just guessing, but I would assume this means Reverse detection??

Any yes, I have a factory alarm in multiple cars and Auto Lock works when configured properly. Also you can get Auto Locking without the Alarm installed or enabled.
The terminal R definitely means that the doors will lock then the gear selector is put in reverse. On my car the doors will lock at different speeds depending on what speed I select in the programming. 24km is not the only setting that worked for me.

If you arm the car while sitting in it.....it takes about 2 minutes for the alarm to activate (clown nose blinking). If you have the factory motion sensor and you move, it will set the alarm off after aproximately 2 minutes. I added all the pieces of the alarm (siren/module, interior motion sensor, and incline sensor) myself and coded them to work with this scanner and PA Soft.
wjjklj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft