E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 194 votes, 4.92 average.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #261
djray

My Ride: 01 BMW325CI
Thanks this is very good feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post
The terminal R definitely means that the doors will lock then the gear selector is put in reverse. On my car the doors will lock at different speeds depending on what speed I select in the programming. 24km is not the only setting that worked for me.

If you arm the car while sitting in it.....it takes about 2 minutes for the alarm to activate (clown nose blinking). If you have the factory motion sensor and you move, it will set the alarm off after aproximately 2 minutes. I added all the pieces of the alarm (siren/module, interior motion sensor, and incline sensor) myself and coded them to work with this scanner and PA Soft.
djray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #262
pocojo68

My Ride: 2004/320i
Hi all.I just received my scan tool 1.4.0 I installed the software drivers but when I plug in scanner it says hardware faulty and stops working. Any ideas?
pocojo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #263
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
I wish my stuff would hurry up and get here from Xcar. Im gettin impatient lol
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #264
DougL3NC

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
I haven't even gotten an email saying its shipped...and I ordered 10 days ago. They also charged my card then too.

Sent from my N860 using Bimmer App
DougL3NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #265
hassmaschine

My Ride: '91 325ix
they never sent me an email either. I got mine in like 2 days, but I live on the west coast. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
hassmaschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #266
bmwmck

My Ride: '00 328i 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Lol, np. I'd like to disable my corners and keep fogs enabled while using flash to pass as well. PA can't do that. Side note, what temperature are the fog bulbs in your sig?
Those are accessible through NCSexpert, correct?
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #267
Mark T.

My Ride: 2003 325it
How do you get this to work with windows 7 64bit? I'ved had the software for over a month and I still can't firgure out how to install it.
Mark T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #268
aradeath

My Ride: 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to aradeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedude90 View Post
I wish my stuff would hurry up and get here from Xcar. Im gettin impatient lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougL3NC View Post
I haven't even gotten an email saying its shipped...and I ordered 10 days ago. They also charged my card then too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. View Post
How do you get this to work with windows 7 64bit? I'ved had the software for over a month and I still can't firgure out how to install it.
Xcar isn't the best at responding but if you send their support an email you will get a response. I ordered mine about 20 days ago now and when I asked about it they said they were back ordered. Mine just shipped as of yesterday.

As far as a win 7 x64 install I will be doing this as soon as it comes in and from what I can tell from previous posts theyre using a serial->usb chip and we should be able to find appropriate drivers from the chip's manufacturer. I will definitely update after I get mine.

| 2006 e46 330Ci ZHP| [Sponsors] - ASPTuning - VMR | Wheels
| aFe CAI | eVo Sport UD Pulleys | Eisenmann Cat-back Race Exhaust | Powerchip Software |
| TechniK Gen3 Headers | Vorsteiner CF Hood | HKS Hypermax RS Coilovers | BMW Perf SSK |
| Sparco Evo2 seats | UUC LTW Flywheel & Cerametalic Clutch | Hamann Front Lip | Custom Willwood BBK |
aradeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #269
jbehr99

My Ride: 2005 330CI Vert ZHP
Installed, looking for hardware

I just downloaded BMW scanner 1.4 from P.A software for free. They have it right on there website. I got it installed on windows 7 and it seems good, it says it found the drivers. I was wondering since I already have the software, is there somewhere where I can just get the hardware (cable and thing that plugs into car)?
Thanks
jbehr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #270
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
The package is the cheapest solution. You're paying maybe $1 for the CD included with it.. I threw mine out.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #271
jbehr99

Quote:
The package is the cheapest solution. You're paying maybe $1 for the CD included with it.. I threw mine out.
Ok, thanks for the info. So did you also download your software for free from the PA website? And where did you order your hardware from? I am considering xcar360.com. $32 and shipping is free, can't beat that.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #272
bmwmck

My Ride: '00 328i 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbehr99 View Post
Ok, thanks for the info. So did you also download your software for free from the PA website? And where did you order your hardware from? I am considering xcar360.com. $32 and shipping is free, can't beat that.
Yes it looks like many people downloaded it free from the PAsoft website and that works just fine with the hardware bought from ebay or wherever. Also looks like xcar360 is pretty popular. I think i'll get it from there, myself.
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #273
DougL3NC

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbehr99 View Post
Just don't be in a hurry for it!

DougL3NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #274
glhx

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
My software was put on a windows 7 laptop running 32 bit and downloaded with no problems

I had to manually load the drivers....it said "cannot find drivers" and prompted me to browse for them....once found them in C: they loaded right up

64 bit might not work...this is older software and likes older operating systems...
a dual boot or a virtual machine might be in order...it likes xp and 32 bit windows 7. You could buy a cheap older lap top and just run that as all the software for these cars like the older stuff. A net book would be ideal because you can sit in the drivers seat and mess with stuff. bigger laptops kind of get in the way

The hardware for the 1.4.0 is a special interface box so the universal cable for the other software wont work...the PA soft update is 100% yes on working...download it from their website

OBD2B.com is a website out of Honkong....mine was $67 shipped....the guy e mailed me with a tracking number almost right away and asked a week later if it arrived ok. It took about a week to get to my house. This software is worth every cent i spent on it....it continually saves me money.
http://www.obd2be.com/bmw-scanner-140-p-485.html

my mechanic charges $75 to run the codes and wouldnt even clear them
after buying this software i have run codes to do repair work at least 20 times....it has helped me solve ABS, DME, IKE, ZKE and mainly SRS Fault codes.

if i can help in any way feel free to ask....even the questions that seem stupid...if you dont know....you dont know. thats why were all here. If your car ran perfect all the time and you didnt want to mess with it or upgrade it...this forum would be useless.

I wish it PA soft recode ABS modules.....my 5df5 fault code and the $1000 to replace it when a used one will work fine is really annoying. So far ive heard that no one has successfully recoded the (teves) mk60. Not with GT1 or
car soft....possible NCS expert but ive found nothing on this. Other modules....ive seen have been done with success ...but not this one. Its unfortunate because i found 2 of them for $125 a piece....thats an expensive paper weight

Last edited by glhx; 02-29-2012 at 08:26 PM.
glhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #275
Bimmage01

My Ride: 330ci ZSP
Just to update you guys on xcar360....

They are out of stock but are still showing on their website that they have it in stock and will gladly take your money as they did with me. I emailed after about week of not receiving shipping conformation or anything. I got a reply 2 days later in terrible english saying they will be ordering more when they become available but aren't sure when. I asked for a refund but after no reply for another week, I luckily paid through payPal and opened a case to have my money refunded.

It may cost a few more bucks but order from here... http://www.dealextreme.com/p/bmw-sca...on-1-4-0-51768

Already received it after 4 days.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #276
jbehr99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmage01 View Post
Just to update you guys on xcar360....

They are out of stock but are still showing on their website that they have it in stock and will gladly take your money as they did with me. I emailed after about week of not receiving shipping conformation or anything. I got a reply 2 days later in terrible english saying they will be ordering more when they become available but aren't sure when. I asked for a refund but after no reply for another week, I luckily paid through payPal and opened a case to have my money refunded.

It may cost a few more bucks but order from here... http://www.dealextreme.com/p/bmw-sca...on-1-4-0-51768

Already received it after 4 days.
Thanks for the update!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #277
CoClimber

My Ride: 87 325is, 04 330XI
I ordered the scanner and the 20 pin cable on the 21st. Worrying about the shipment, I emailed them on Monday and got a reply on Tuesday saying the 20 pin cable was backordered and should be ready in about a week. An hour later I received an email saying the order shipped and had a tracking number. Hongkong Post says they received the package today. We'll see what happens.

Really need to reset my steering wheel angle sensor. My traction control kicks in after driving a few yards, then the DSC and ABS turn off.
CoClimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #278
FenderGuy05
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Quote:
Below are my settings for the alarm, notice the 24km/h selection for auto locks. That is the only option that worked.

There are a tonne of posts about PA Soft.
Hey ac, I have a question. I just ordered this software, and one of the things I was hoping to be able to do with it is activate features of my alarm.

I installed it myself, had my guy at an Indy take a look at what he could do. Works great, except the interior motion sensor, tilt sensor I have no idea, but the basic functions work. Is it a possibility to turn these functions on with PA soft?

I notice it looks like there are boxes for those options, but you have them unchecked.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #279
wjjklj

My Ride: 2009 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderGuy05 View Post
Hey ac, I have a question. I just ordered this software, and one of the things I was hoping to be able to do with it is activate features of my alarm.

I installed it myself, had my guy at an Indy take a look at what he could do. Works great, except the interior motion sensor, tilt sensor I have no idea, but the basic functions work. Is it a possibility to turn these functions on with PA soft?

I notice it looks like there are boxes for those options, but you have them unchecked.

Thanks.
Yes you can code any alarm option with this scanner. You have to have 3 items for the complete alarm to work. 1)siren/main module, 2) interior motion sensor, 3) incline sensor.
wjjklj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #280
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderGuy05 View Post

Thanks.
This should explain why I only have those options checked:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=870745

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft