E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 155 votes, 4.90 average.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #281
newbmfan

My Ride: 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by glhx View Post
My software was put on a windows 7 laptop running 32 bit and downloaded with no problems

I had to manually load the drivers....it said "cannot find drivers" and prompted me to browse for them....once found them in C: they loaded right up

64 bit might not work...this is older software and likes older operating systems...
a dual boot or a virtual machine might be in order...it likes xp and 32 bit windows 7. You could buy a cheap older lap top and just run that as all the software for these cars like the older stuff. A net book would be ideal because you can sit in the drivers seat and mess with stuff. bigger laptops kind of get in the way

The hardware for the 1.4.0 is a special interface box so the universal cable for the other software wont work...the PA soft update is 100% yes on working...download it from their website

OBD2B.com is a website out of Honkong....mine was $67 shipped....the guy e mailed me with a tracking number almost right away and asked a week later if it arrived ok. It took about a week to get to my house. This software is worth every cent i spent on it....it continually saves me money.
http://www.obd2be.com/bmw-scanner-140-p-485.html

my mechanic charges $75 to run the codes and wouldnt even clear them
after buying this software i have run codes to do repair work at least 20 times....it has helped me solve ABS, DME, IKE, ZKE and mainly SRS Fault codes.

if i can help in any way feel free to ask....even the questions that seem stupid...if you dont know....you dont know. thats why were all here. If your car ran perfect all the time and you didnt want to mess with it or upgrade it...this forum would be useless.

I wish it PA soft recode ABS modules.....my 5df5 fault code and the $1000 to replace it when a used one will work fine is really annoying. So far ive heard that no one has successfully recoded the (teves) mk60. Not with GT1 or
car soft....possible NCS expert but ive found nothing on this. Other modules....ive seen have been done with success ...but not this one. Its unfortunate because i found 2 of them for $125 a piece....thats an expensive paper weight
Hey man, I downloaded the software from the PA website. It seems to have installed ok. For the cable I cannablised an old cheap multiscanner cable, soldered an RS232 on the other end then I got a USB to RS232 converter. I also downloaded the drivers for the USB port. Problem........I cant seem to update the PA soft scanner software driver, when I try to run the program it just tells me the hardware is not ready. Is this because I need the cable that comes with the program when you buy it? BTW im using windows 7 32bit.
newbmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #282
TRIPLE_O

My Ride: E46 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by glhx View Post
The hardware for the 1.4.0 is a special interface box so the universal cable for the other software wont work...the PA soft update is 100% yes on working...download it from their website
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmfan View Post
Hey man, I downloaded the software from the PA website. It seems to have installed ok. For the cable I cannablised an old cheap multiscanner cable, soldered an RS232 on the other end then I got a USB to RS232 converter. I also downloaded the drivers for the USB port. Problem........I cant seem to update the PA soft scanner software driver, when I try to run the program it just tells me the hardware is not ready. Is this because I need the cable that comes with the program when you buy it? BTW im using windows 7 32bit.
You need the PA Soft aka BMW Scanner 1.4.0 cable, which was stated previously. It is about $32 online. There are links that many have posted to buying it.

3 Series Owners Manuals
http://www.bmwsections.com/docs/3series/

For Sale (Exterior Lights)

..sincerely Jenny
TRIPLE_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #283
wjjklj

My Ride: 2009 750i
I like many ordered my 1.4.0 scanner from xcar360. I was lucky and they had them in stock at the time and I got mine quickly. They also sent a software disc that I have been using with no problems either. My friend just got a 2005 ZHP that we have been using my scanner on. We were able to clear many codes, troubleshoot a wiring harness for the HVAC being unplugged, and changing key along with light settings. There was one code for the steering angle sensor not being plausible that we were unable to clear. My friend noticed that the disc I received from xcar360 had software from 2008. PASoft has updated software on their site from late 2011. When using the PASoft software we were able to clear the steering angle sensor code. I don't see any difference in the way the screens look or added features but the moral of the story is use the software on the free download from PASoft.
wjjklj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #284
jbehr99

My Ride: 2005 330CI Vert ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post
I like many ordered my 1.4.0 scanner from xcar360. I was lucky and they had them in stock at the time and I got mine quickly. They also sent a software disc that I have been using with no problems either. My friend just got a 2005 ZHP that we have been using my scanner on. We were able to clear many codes, troubleshoot a wiring harness for the HVAC being unplugged, and changing key along with light settings. There was one code for the steering angle sensor not being plausible that we were unable to clear. My friend noticed that the disc I received from xcar360 had software from 2008. PASoft has updated software on their site from late 2011. When using the PASoft software we were able to clear the steering angle sensor code. I don't see any difference in the way the screens look or added features but the moral of the story is use the software on the free download from PASoft.
Great information, thanks!
jbehr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #285
jbehr99

My Ride: 2005 330CI Vert ZHP
Xcar360.com OUT OF STOCK DO NOT ORDER

Hello everyone,
I just emailed xcar360.com to see if they had any of the BMW 1.4 scanners in stock and I also asked what the shipping time frames are, they responded very promptly (the same day I sent the email to them). Here is the message they sent me

Dear sir
Hello, the product is out of stock right now. We do not know where it will be in stock. As the shipping time. It depends on the shipping method. DHl and UPS takes about 3~~7 days to complete the shipment. EMS takes about 7~~15 days to complete the shipment.HK POST takes about one month to complete the shipment.wish you have a nice day.
Best regards
xcar360.com

So the moral of the story, they are out of stock and do not know when they will get it in stock. I would email them in a week or so if you are interested and ask for a status update on the stock of the product. As for shipping time frames.... it will probably take about a month like it says if you don't use another shipping method.
I hope this helps you guys out
jbehr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #286
I M Legend

My Ride: M3
scanner for sale

If anyone is interested I have one for sale:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...3#post14140313

EDIT *** SOLD ***

Last edited by I M Legend; 03-01-2012 at 11:21 PM.
I M Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #287
newbmfan

My Ride: 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O View Post
You need the PA Soft aka BMW Scanner 1.4.0 cable, which was stated previously. It is about $32 online. There are links that many have posted to buying it.
Yeh I seen the links. I just wanted to clarify the cable issue
newbmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #288
van

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to van
Can the PA Soft software clear adaptation codes?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #289
I M Legend

My Ride: M3
available here but it's more expensive:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/bmw-sca...on-1-4-0-51768
Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #290
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Can the PA Soft software clear adaptation codes?
No, but it can realign the EWS.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #291
van

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to van
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
No, but it can realign the EWS.

I ordered the other cable from (Romania) but its stuck in NY I was thinking of just getting the PA soft version but like you've said it can't clear Adaptations.

Last edited by van; 03-02-2012 at 12:20 PM.
van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #292
Hollywood516

My Ride: 02 330i
I am looking to do corner delete, any chance this software does this? if not, which one should I get?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #293
DougL3NC

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood516 View Post
I am looking to do corner delete, any chance this software does this? if not, which one should I get?
No it won't, you need the software from the Romanian seller...NCSexpert specially.

Sent from my N860 using Bimmer App
DougL3NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #294
DougL3NC

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbehr99 View Post
Hello everyone,
I just emailed xcar360.com to see if they had any of the BMW 1.4 scanners in stock and I also asked what the shipping time frames are, they responded very promptly (the same day I sent the email to them). Here is the message they sent me

Dear sir
Hello, the product is out of stock right now. We do not know where it will be in stock. As the shipping time. It depends on the shipping method. DHl and UPS takes about 3~~7 days to complete the shipment. EMS takes about 7~~15 days to complete the shipment.HK POST takes about one month to complete the shipment.wish you have a nice day.
Best regards
xcar360.com

So the moral of the story, they are out of stock and do not know when they will get it in stock. I would email them in a week or so if you are interested and ask for a status update on the stock of the product. As for shipping time frames.... it will probably take about a month like it says if you don't use another shipping method.
I hope this helps you guys out
Got my confirmation email that mine had shipped early this morning! Guess I will see it after I get back from vacation at the end of the month.

DougL3NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #295
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougL3NC View Post
Got my confirmation email that mine had shipped early this morning! Guess I will see it after I get back from vacation at the end of the month.

I got mine 2days ago aswell. I guess they have another shipment in. And I was just thinknig about emailing them either today or 2morrow to see what the deal was.
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #296
Sweetness
E46 is strong with this one

My Ride: '01 325i
Hmmm...so did you ever reset your watchdog?
Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #297
crazy_mooh

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CI Vert
What's the different between those two?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-OBD-...9&cmd=ViewItem

AND

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325..._Tools/ES6928/

I'm thinking to buy one but I don't know which one to get? If you have another one that's better than these two let me know about. Thanks,

2004 Hayabusa "Dragbike"

2008 GSX-R 600 "Sold"

1975 Honda CB200T "Project"

crazy_mooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #298
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_mooh View Post
What's the different between those two?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-OBD-...9&cmd=ViewItem

AND

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325..._Tools/ES6928/

I'm thinking to buy one but I don't know which one to get? If you have another one that's better than these two let me know about. Thanks,
Both won't work with PA soft.

But if you are planning to use INPA and other softwares, both are same I believe.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #299
crazy_mooh

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CI Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
Both won't work with PA soft.

But if you are planning to use INPA and other softwares, both are same I believe.
So, which one should work with PA soft?

Is it this one:
http://www.xcar360.com/bmw-scanner-1...scan-tool.html

2004 Hayabusa "Dragbike"

2008 GSX-R 600 "Sold"

1975 Honda CB200T "Project"

Last edited by crazy_mooh; 03-05-2012 at 02:07 PM.
crazy_mooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #300
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_mooh View Post
So, which one should work with PA soft?

Is it this one:
http://www.xcar360.com/bmw-scanner-1...scan-tool.html
Yes it will work with PA soft. But people here are saying they are out of stock right now. SO check before you purchase it.

Dealextreme has it on stock too I guess.

I bought mine from ebay for $49 while it was on sale(now its $69) from a US seller because I needed it quickly and didn't want to wait for shipping.

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft