E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 242 votes, 4.94 average.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:50 AM   #1001
Reloader

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTomTuning View Post
I havent found it yet but is there an option I can program so all four doors unlock when I hit the unlock key on my fob?

Currently I hit it once and the driver side door unlocks, I have to hit it again for the remaining doors to unlock.
My E92 allows me to enable this within the iDrive system preferences.

To enable one click to unlock all doors:
-default "Selective" is checked. This allows one click of the unlock button of the remote to unlock the drivers door. A second click unlocks remainder passenger doors
-check "No" to unlock all doors with one press of the unlock button
Old 09-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #1002
rwall

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoBrian View Post
From my experiance pa soft can read errors,but not write code or change values on an M3 IKE. (Such as changing service intervals)

Edited due to poor typing skills.
sent from my ATARI sc1224
I wish my problem was that I have an M3! Nope, just a 2004 325Ci.

I did get a connection just by pushing the head into the OBD port firmly, and was sucessful in programming convenience closing and one-touch rear window close. I was also able to disable the annoying 37 degree beep

Now, gurus, I'm hoping to make more changes, but I can't figure out how to do them with P.A. soft. Any idea how to get the following?

Halogen high beams on with the xenons.
Fog lights on with high beams.
One touch triple blink turn signals.
Right now, when I turn on the rear window defroster, the HVAC blower turns on low. Any way to program the system to not turn the blower on when I use the rear defroster?
Lastly, is there any way the fresh air flaps in the HVAC system can be made to stay open when the blower fan is off? Just for passive flow o f fresh air?
rwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #1003
TomTomTuning

My Ride: Black Sapphire ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaico View Post
Yes there is, check this thread. I changed it on mine recently.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...613&highlight=
Thanks, that links going to help out ALOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloader View Post
To enable one click to unlock all doors:
-default "Selective" is checked. This allows one click of the unlock button of the remote to unlock the drivers door. A second click unlocks remainder passenger doors
-check "No" to unlock all doors with one press of the unlock button
Fantastic, thank you!

Just curious, whats Entr. Aid?

Photos: Flickr & 500PX
TomTomTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #1004
E46-Cabrio

My Ride: E46 330CI Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTomTuning View Post
Just curious, whats Entr. Aid?
Entrance aid
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Entrance aid.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	467454  
E46-Cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #1005
El Polo

My Ride: 99 black 328i
Hey guys, one other thing I would like to do soon is brake fluid flush. However, I would need the abs pump to be activated. Did any of you guys manage to do it with PA soft?

Anyways I am getting my inpa setup ready tonight.

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense. I am writing on a cell phone.
El Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #1006
Grease_Monkey

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Ok. So i have only read to page 13.. My original purpose was to find a way to reset the Air Bag light. I was referred to PA Soft, and the search led me to this thread. SO, Heres the Question: Can PaSoft work with my car, A 2000 323ci, 5spd, PROVIDED I buy the adapter for the round USB? Also, Is it possible to Flash my car to a different tune like the EU3? Will PaSoft Do this for me If So? Lasty is the xcar360 something the best place to get this?
Overall, it would be nice to fix error lights and read codes, But even better to tune my car..! Im not super tech savy, but id be willing to learn and do the homework.. Thanks.. I will continue the reading and hope for a response so that I can buy something soon!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #1007
TRIPLE_O

My Ride: E46 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwall View Post
I wish my problem was that I have an M3! Nope, just a 2004 325Ci.

I did get a connection just by pushing the head into the OBD port firmly, and was sucessful in programming convenience closing and one-touch rear window close. I was also able to disable the annoying 37 degree beep

Now, gurus, I'm hoping to make more changes, but I can't figure out how to do them with P.A. soft. Any idea how to get the following?

Halogen high beams on with the xenons.
Fog lights on with high beams.
One touch triple blink turn signals.
Right now, when I turn on the rear window defroster, the HVAC blower turns on low. Any way to program the system to not turn the blower on when I use the rear defroster?
Lastly, is there any way the fresh air flaps in the HVAC system can be made to stay open when the blower fan is off? Just for passive flow o f fresh air?
The first 3 cannot be done with PA Soft, you will need NCS. I do not know if the last 2 things on your iist can be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
Ok. So i have only read to page 13.. My original purpose was to find a way to reset the Air Bag light. I was referred to PA Soft, and the search led me to this thread. SO, Heres the Question: Can PaSoft work with my car, A 2000 323ci, 5spd, PROVIDED I buy the adapter for the round USB? Also, Is it possible to Flash my car to a different tune like the EU3? Will PaSoft Do this for me If So? Lasty is the xcar360 something the best place to get this?
Overall, it would be nice to fix error lights and read codes, But even better to tune my car..! Im not super tech savy, but id be willing to learn and do the homework.. Thanks.. I will continue the reading and hope for a response so that I can buy something soon!
1) Yes, it can work with your car.
2) No, you cannot perform a flash using this software.
3) As far as the price, you might be able to find one cheaper either on here, xcar360 or ebay, etc.

3 Series Owners Manuals
http://www.bmwsections.com/docs/3series/

For Sale (Exterior Lights)

..sincerely Jenny
TRIPLE_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #1008
El Polo

My Ride: 99 black 328i
Monkey, for the airbag yes you can. It is under SRS. If the problem triggering the light is not solved, the light will come back in no time.
Now as for the tune, no it is not possible using this tool.

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense. I am writing on a cell phone.
El Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #1009
drift.mechanic

My Ride: E46 323i
I know I should be out in the driveway trying this myself, but my back ain't doing to good today following a dirty bachelor party.

I just installed the Depo Angel eye/Xenon headlight units (mine were full of water and could t see a damn thing.

Anyways, installation was a breeze, no issues with the wiring or anything.

Just a question regarding the headlight type setting.

They work just fine now while still being set to Halogen. What is the difference between the halogen setting and the Xenon non self leveling?
drift.mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #1010
sdbimmer

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift.mechanic View Post
I know I should be out in the driveway trying this myself, but my back ain't doing to good today following a dirty bachelor party.

I just installed the Depo Angel eye/Xenon headlight units (mine were full of water and could t see a damn thing.

Anyways, installation was a breeze, no issues with the wiring or anything.

Just a question regarding the headlight type setting.

They work just fine now while still being set to Halogen. What is the difference between the halogen setting and the Xenon non self leveling?
I think with the Xenon setting enabled, wouldn't this eliminate the capacitor fix with Halogen to Xenon retrofit?
sdbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #1011
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Quote:
I think with the Xenon setting enabled, wouldn't this eliminate the capacitor fix with Halogen to Xenon retrofit?
this is correct.
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #1012
ac_2007

My Ride: E46 - M3 & 325i
I found out something interesting recently: Not all 323/328's require the round under-hood adapter.
In fact, some do not have it at all. It may have something to do with later model years (mid 2000+)

Before you buy one, check your drug bin.
If you don't have a round connector, you don't need the adapter and all programming will be done from the OBD2 port.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #1013
drift.mechanic

So I should play with it to have a look.

I do not have the capacitor but the lights work beautifully with absolutely no fault/error lights. What a difference in night lighting and overall styling.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347303919.882570.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	468524

I know my friends 03 325xi's xenon's behave very differently. When he starts his car, the lights go on (low beam hid). When he locks the car, the lights stay on for about 30 secs (obviously a courtesy lighting). It's different thats for sure.

I think with the Depo hid/angel eye unit, the bulbs take a while to heat up (a good 10-15 seconds for perfect lighting). Anyone else have this issue?

I know they aren't actors units and cannot be even compared to them, but seems like my old integra hids were faster.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #1014
ac_2007

Assuming Depo HID's are anything like the cheap ebay HID's/ballasts that came with my Neon, yes they do take some time to warm up.

Mine start up very bright for an instant, dim down quickly, and warm up fully in about 10 seconds.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #1015
slocar

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Assuming Depo HID's are anything like the cheap ebay HID's/ballasts that came with my Neon, yes they do take some time to warm up.

Mine start up very bright for an instant, dim down quickly, and warm up fully in about 10 seconds.
That's all HIDs. My OEM HIDs act exactly the same way.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #1016
ac_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocar View Post
That's all HIDs. My OEM HIDs act exactly the same way.
My BMW's HIDs do not act in any way similar to what I described above.

OEM will be at full brightness almost instantly.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #1017
drift.mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
My BMW's HIDs do not act in any way similar to what I described above.

OEM will be at full brightness almost instantly.
I agree. My dads TL gets instant light at their brightest.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #1018
drift.mechanic

Hey I'm just being picky, I know.

And for some odd reason tonight, my alarm stopped working. No more flashing light, nothing.

Unlocked and locked in a few times and then finally all lights flashed and the red light flashes. Weird.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #1019
Grease_Monkey

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Drift.mechanic, Have you ever seen the movie Short Circuit? Your car is now screwing with you since you screwed with it..
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #1020
drift.mechanic

LOL I must have seen that movie over a hundred time when I was a kid, good call

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft