E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 210 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #1361
travie46

My Ride: 02 325i
I gave up !! I reinstalled software and drivers but same error ike & ews. I run the scanner and can't found any module. The scanner has solid orange light and flashing green light.
does anyone here with same problem has a solution ?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #1362
canelane

My Ride: 04 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by travie46 View Post
You will need to plug the usb with the scanner ( no plugged to the car ) your computer has to detected the usb/scanner and install the drivers )
My scanner had to be plugged into the car before my computer would recognize it.
canelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #1363
jM2.me

My Ride: BMW
How much can I actually edit with PA Soft in terms of removing certain modules from system complacently?
For example if I want to get rid of HVAC and center console module. I don't think there is an option to mark those as removed. But can I, let's say, dump IKE rom to edit stuff out of it and load it back in?
jM2.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #1364
jM2.me

My Ride: BMW
How much can I actually edit with PA Soft in terms of removing certain modules from system complacently?
For example if I want to get rid of HVAC and center console module. I don't think there is an option to mark those as removed. But can I, let's say, dump IKE rom to edit stuff out of it and load it back in?
jM2.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #1365
Gasturbine

My Ride: 2005 330ci Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHoelzer View Post
The light settings are under LCM-Light Check Module.

Locks, etc are under ZKE, which it sounds like you found.

Some cars have different screens, my 04 M3 Vert looks like this.

Daytime running light US turns on the round lights (not sure exactly what they're called) anytime the key is on. Daytime running light turn sign. turns on the corners when the key is on. I think I'm actually going to disable both of these when I put angel eyes on. I played with some of the other settings but most didn't seem to do anything.

I had to play with the lock settings but set up like this I have all locks locking and unlocking with 1 press, and auto locking at 28 km/h. The 1 touch locking is the settings that are "Entr. aid". The One-touch functions settings let me put the top up and down from the remote.

I may have some extra stuff checked that I don't need but through playing with different settings I've got what I wanted.

I haven't found a way to unlock when turning the car off yet. Not sure it's possible on these cars at this point.
Can someone tell me how to get to these screens? Ive read from the ECM, but when I open the module, all the data is displayed in hex.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #1366
thecos

My Ride: 2002 325i Sedan
Anyone want to sell their BMW Scanner 1.4.0?

I haven't been able to find any in the US for a decent price.

Last edited by thecos; 03-09-2013 at 05:30 PM.
thecos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #1367
DTB

My Ride: 325CiC 2005
Can PA Soft be used to actuate the rollover protection solenoid, and pop up the roll bars on my vert? I just replaced the roll over sensor with a used one and want to test fire it. I seached through this very, very long thread but haven't been able to see where anyone has mentioned this as a feature accessible via PA Soft...
DTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #1368
DTB

My Ride: 325CiC 2005
Did PASoft create a less-able DEMO version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin325ci View Post
Has anyone tried using the software downloaded from the PA Soft website and used it on the scanner from xcar360? I read somewhere that the 1.4.0 software from the PA Soft website bricks and renders the clone scanners useless.

Post #128
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1726627&page=6
Thanks to everyone who have spent so much time contributing to this thread. It's saved me a lot of time. I was actually able to purchase the adaptor and get it up and running without ANY issues on the first attempt.

I've spent a day reading almost this entire thread, but one question that has been asked and answered may no longer be current.

When I visit the PASoft website to download the newest version, only a DEMO version is available for download.

They say the DEMO version is lmited:
Copied from their site...

BMW Scanner V1.4.0 demo version: brief description of possibilities

Short functions list:
Determination of chassis, model, engine, gearbox and complete set
Searching of all units and reading:
- identification data
- odometer value
- VIN and ADFG
- programming info (UIF)
- errors (DTC)
Reading and saving in files:
- program memory
- EEPROM
- coding data
- amount of DTCs and DTCs shadow-memory
- live data
- programming info (User Info Fields)
Copying ZCS (IKE - EWS) and FA (IKE - LCM) coding
... and other functions in various units

"Unlocked" functions to show possibilities of full version:
DTCs description in DME MS43.0, EWS3, SRS MRS4
Clearing DTCs in same units
EWS-DME synchronization code in DME MS43.0
Live data in DME MS43.0, EWS3, SRS MRS2 and MRS4
Status of all keys in EWS3
EWS3 coding data interpretation
Equipment correction in SRS MRS4

And early in this thread I read that a newer version addressed some programing bugs and was better than the version that comes on the tiny CD from xCar360.

Does anyone have a link to the newest, unlimited version for PASoft 1.4x?

Last edited by DTB; 03-10-2013 at 02:52 PM.
DTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #1369
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
^ good question

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #1370
Gasturbine

Arming/disarming acoustic?

DRLs finally off!! Gawd I hated those things...best $26 bucks I ever spent even if I never do anything with the scanner again.

Got a question tho...

In the LKE module "Arming-Acoustic" and "Disarming-Acoustic" were not checked. I checked them, wrote to memory, and shut down everything.

When I tested my alarm, no change...single light flash for arm, double light flash for disarm. I was expecting a horn toot, but nothing "acoustic" happened.

Just to confirm the setting took, I set everything back up, read the memory, and the options were indeed checked. Am I missing something, or is this just a ghost feature?
Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #1371
canelane

My Ride: 04 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasturbine View Post
DRLs finally off!! Gawd I hated those things...best $26 bucks I ever spent even if I never do anything with the scanner again.

Got a question tho...

In the LKE module "Arming-Acoustic" and "Disarming-Acoustic" were not checked. I checked them, wrote to memory, and shut down everything.

When I tested my alarm, no change...single light flash for arm, double light flash for disarm. I was expecting a horn toot, but nothing "acoustic" happened.

Just to confirm the setting took, I set everything back up, read the memory, and the options were indeed checked. Am I missing something, or is this just a ghost feature?
Gasturbine,
Do you have the alarm installed?
http://e46fanatics.com/faq/alarminstall/index.html
There is a cheap DIY on a siren install that would chirp.

here is one, there are more..... http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ight=diy+siren

here is another....http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ight=diy+siren

Last edited by canelane; 03-11-2013 at 04:25 PM.
canelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #1372
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
Gasturbine, where did you get the adapter for that price? I am looking for one
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #1373
Gasturbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho@home View Post
Gasturbine, where did you get the adapter for that price? I am looking for one
eBay, but it took 2 weeks to get here...ships from China, but I wasnt in a hurry.

And was already modded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-BMW-Scanner-1-4-0-programmer-/230943097594?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item35c54802fa&vxp=mtr
Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #1374
Gasturbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by canelane View Post
Gasturbine, Do you have the alarm installed?
Ah, I do not. I thought it would use the existing horn. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #1375
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
Thanks. I just ordered one!
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #1376
mrmaico

My Ride: 04 ZHP, 05 R1200 GS
I was reading on another forum where someone mentioned that he read that PASoft has the ability to adjust the temps on our heated seats. He said his get too hot and he wanted to turn his down, I have just the opposite problem, I'd like to be able to turn the 3 temp settings higher. Right now they just get warm but never get to the point where you'd need to turn them down from the highest setting.

Anyone have any info on this? Any idea where I would even find those options and how to go about making the change?

Here's his post......

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...&postcount=206

Thanks......BB
Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #1377
Gasturbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaico View Post
I was reading on another forum where someone mentioned that he read that PASoft has the ability to adjust the temps on our heated seats.
I wouldn't think this would be an "adjustable" parameter because of liability. And if it is, I would assume you could only go down. Making the seats hotter (regardless of how its done) will result in a higher amp draw which could result in electrical wire damage and even fire.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #1378
jeepo23

My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaico View Post
I was reading on another forum where someone mentioned that he read that PASoft has the ability to adjust the temps on our heated seats. He said his get too hot and he wanted to turn his down, I have just the opposite problem, I'd like to be able to turn the 3 temp settings higher. Right now they just get warm but never get to the point where you'd need to turn them down from the highest setting.

Anyone have any info on this? Any idea where I would even find those options and how to go about making the change?

Here's his post......

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...&postcount=206

Thanks......BB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasturbine View Post
I wouldn't think this would be an "adjustable" parameter because of liability. And if it is, I would assume you could only go down. Making the seats hotter (regardless of how its done) will result in a higher amp draw which could result in electrical wire damage and even fire.
Sure it's doable. TerraPhantm seems to have increased his heated seat temps by 10degrees, and he seems to be the bees knees when it comes to coding from what I gather.

Here is his thread.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=824381

I guess the parameters are in the SZM - switching center module
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #1379
xcar360
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMW 318i
BMW Scanner 1.4.0 Never Locking Code Reader for BMW Scanner 1.4.0 Version

http://www.obd2toolbox.com/auto-diag...0-version.html

Last edited by xcar360; 03-20-2013 at 10:08 PM.
xcar360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #1380
Kanji

My Ride: mustang gt
Hi Guys, for couple of days i am trying to code my wifes 325CIC for comfort features by dashsoft 4 in 1 unit using bmw scanner software. I did everything i wanted except for the auto folding mirror, this mirror area is greyed out so i cannot choose anything. myt car has memory seats electric folding with button feature. But i am very tired of reading forums and couldnt get a solution for that. please help. thx in advance
Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft