E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 242 votes, 4.94 average.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #1401
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Murphy's Law states: If you ship your scanner to someone to borrow, your BMW's SES light will come on the moment the shipping truck departs for its destination.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Miller
I just don't know what I'd do with 560 hp that doesn't involve getting arrested.
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #1402
kejobe

My Ride: 2003 325I
Please forgive my ignorance for not reading this 71 page thread. I have the scanner on order.

I have one question, is it possible to go into the IKE (I believe its this one) and change the speedometer reading? I had seen a screenshot on here somewhere that made me think it may be possible. I (obviously) have the 3-4 mph high reading and it drive me nuts. I would like to get it closer to actual speed.

kejobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #1403
wildirish317

You could search this thread for the word "speedometer", but don't bother, I just did and it only turned up your post.

I did find this:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...edometer-error

Not sure if it can be done with PA Soft.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Quote:
I just don't know what I'd do with 560 hp that doesn't involve getting arrested.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #1404
kejobe

My Ride: 2003 325I
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish317 View Post
You could search this thread for the word "speedometer", but don't bother, I just did and it only turned up your post.

I did find this:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...edometer-error

Not sure if it can be done with PA Soft.
Yeah, I came across that thread the other day. I tried searching the forum but didn't come up with anything.

I know the screenshot I had seen had a spot labeled speedometer offset.

I was thinking that since my speedo is off about 4 mph and in the pic the mileage offset is at 4, that maybe if its changed to 0 the speedo might read correct then. I just dont want to screw anything up though.

Found it.
http://i.imgur.com/xHy1d.jpg

Last edited by kejobe; 03-28-2013 at 04:40 PM.
kejobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #1405
wildirish317

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejobe View Post
Cool, let me know if it works.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #1406
Mflara20

My Ride: 2002 330xi
I just coded my alarm, clown nose to blink, beep and blink when unlock/lock the car, comfort close an open window from key fob. What else can I code?
Mflara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #1407
dknightd

My Ride: 2002 330 cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kejobe View Post
I was thinking that since my speedo is off about 4 mph and in the pic the mileage offset is at 4, that maybe if its changed to 0 the speedo might read correct then. I just dont want to screw anything up though.

Found it.
http://i.imgur.com/xHy1d.jpg
Curious how it works out. I was nervous about changing that. And a bmw buffer is probably not a bad idea

edit: Let me know if you figure out seat memory with key unlocking - I never could find that on my car. One thing you might notice is that screen shots don't seem to be the same for all cars . . .

Last edited by dknightd; 03-28-2013 at 06:29 PM.
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #1408
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
This is the AUC sensor, it decides when the outside air is too dirty for you to breathe and recirculates cabin air:

There is a foam-like sponge inside of it which needs to be cleaned/replaced. Search threads made by "dmax", he has a step by step DIY regarding the fix.
I didn't see posted earlier but isn't there a way to program the sensor more sensitive and activate sooner?
Also I did a search for "dmax" and his DIY threads for AUC sensor and can't find any that show how to clean it. I am interested in this. In both my E46s i have yet to see the Automatic air circulation mode kick in. And I have been in some dust and behind some smelly diesels trucks

ok just got a PM from member "jeepo23" with the DIY link. thanks man! here it is for anyone else interested
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=884216

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 04-09-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: post DIY link for AUC sensor
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #1409
kudos

My Ride: bmw
Looking for scanner

Anyone want to sell me their scanner if they are not using it anymore??
kudos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #1410
Gasturbine

My Ride: 2005 330ci Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
Anyone want to sell me their scanner if they are not using it anymore??
I will ship you mine to use, then you can ship it back.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #1411
SUHLeen

My Ride: 2005 Saleen Mustang
On my menu for light coding, it only shows Cold Check, I don't see Hot Check like most people's lighting menu. I'm doing this to avoid the flickering with my LED bulbs. Also, my DME does not show up (this is because the pins are not soldered, I'm assuming), could that be the same reason for the hot/cold check?

- Phil
11 335is - TT 7 spd DCT daily :)
05 Saleen Mustang - forged, stroked, blown,... and on some juice
01 BMW 330ci - Totaled by some bish!
Financial Help
SUHLeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #1412
unclebob12

My Ride: '02 330ci
I have a problem with my BC (or OBC) stalk. The button didn't do anything and dash showed the time. Pushing the BC button did not do anything. So I decided to purchase a new stalk from eBay (suggested in another thread). Mind you the ebay seller only sold used (like new) stalks. So I was reading that I needed the stalk re-coded. I read many threads and decided to purchase the BMW scanner from PA soft. Installed the software. Everything is fine. USB and CABLE lights are fine and both show a green square in the settings. I went to the IKE coding menu. The On-Board computer was already checked. Weird. So I unchecked it. Coded the car. No errors. Tried pressing the BC button. Nothing (as expected). I checked the OBC button. Proceed with coding. Once errors once again. BC button still not working.

I tried to recode other aspects such as the alarm system and everything worked as it should.

I've read MANY (probably all of them) threads from various websites including this one and I have had NO luck with finding anything to even resolve my prolbme.

I'm very confused and/or very dumb and missed something very obvious.

Someone please help!
unclebob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #1413
Nickvjr

My Ride: 2004 330Ci Conv.
Send a message via AIM to Nickvjr Send a message via Yahoo to Nickvjr Send a message via Skype™ to Nickvjr
A friend of mine has an '03 330Cic that had the OBC display stuck on time only. No matter how many times she pressed the BC button nothing on the dash would change. Eventually the problem got worse and effected her brakes, convertible top functions and made the instrument cluster light up like a Christmas Tree. Not sure if your problems may be similar but it ended up being a faulty ignition switch. Got a new one installed and I haven't heard a peep from my friend either!

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #1414
unclebob12

I know my car could show the outside temp. If unplug the sensor at the front wheel and plug it back,it will show at the dash after giving me the -40c error.

Why won't recoding even work is my question.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #1415
pppham

My Ride: 740il S500 330CiC
Has anyone run into the problem with PA soft that will not allowed to access to DME live data and can not find SRS module? I was able to access to both of the stated problems with this software on my 2000 740iL and my buddy 1998 745iL before.
pppham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #1416
jaymemaurice

My Ride: 01 330ci, 03 Passat
Hey pppham, are you connecting trough the round cable under the hood? or the OBD port under the dash?

It is also possible you have a now faulty cable.

Rain Sensor Retrofit: Here
Coupe Headline Replacement: Here
jaymemaurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #1417
unclebob12

Damn, I think I might have found the problem. Fuse #30 keeps blowing everytime I start the engine. The chart said its for the on board computer (among other things). Would that be why my BC button won't work even if I coded the car?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #1418
Daerve

My Ride: 318i
It's almost certainly why it won't work. Find the fault that keeps blowing the fuse.
Daerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #1419
pppham

My Ride: 740il S500 330CiC
Hi jaymemaurice, connected under the hood for my 740.
pppham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #1420
MerkeyTerkey

My Ride: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasturbine View Post
Most of us want to make one change, or otherwise make changes that are permanent. At least I did.

So I was thinking...since my scanner just sits in my garage, I would be willing to ship it to another forum member...you can make your changes, then ship it back...all you do is pay for shipping.

Heck, if we can get a few people interested, we can arrange it to be shipped directly to the next member.

You will need to PM with your real contact/mailing info, and a phone number I can call to confirm.

Would include the BMW scanner w/ Pa Soft 1.4.0 & cable, as shown below.

What do you think?
You my friend have a PM

(with a little E46 thrown in the mix)
MerkeyTerkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft