E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #141
Perez

My Ride: US
Bought mine from xcar360 but it won't ship until the 29th because of Chinese new year. Can't wait until it comes. I have orionv2s on my bummer and I can't wait to turn off my drl. I just gotta figure out how to make the software work on windows7.
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #142
Simmy69

My Ride: 2006 M3
Subscribed
Simmy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #143
e46hektor

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez View Post
Bought mine from xcar360 but it won't ship until the 29th because of Chinese new year. Can't wait until it comes. I have orionv2s on my bummer and I can't wait to turn off my drl. I just gotta figure out how to make the software work on windows7.
mines just started without tweaking anything, just install the program plug it in to your car, install the drivers and that's it!,

i had a windows 7 notebook !
Old 01-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #144
e46hektor

My Ride: 2000 323i
any other cools tweaks!? so far i only got my lights to blink when i lock and unlock the car, and to pull down all windows by pressing and holding the unlock button...

i got a 323i. so not many to tweak but Im just wondering..! =)...
Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #145
Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46hektor View Post
mines just started without tweaking anything, just install the program plug it in to your car, install the drivers and that's it!,

i had a windows 7 notebook !
Nice. I can't wait to try mine out.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #146
forzam

My Ride: 04 325Ci
Are there any options in PA Soft to code the IHKA?
forzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #147
mojako

My Ride: bmw
I ordered the PA soft thru xcar360 the other day..

Haven't received my tracking number, I went online to chat with one of their representatives thru their websites online chat

And guess what.. no stock!!!!!! sucks. 1-3 days according to their rep.
mojako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #148
Perez

Mine shipped on the 4th. Now to play the waiting game...
Old 02-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #149
alinvictor

My Ride: 325 XI
Hi All,
Anyone can please share a very old version of PA Soft Scanner 1.24 or 1.25?
Thanks,
Al
alinvictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #150
alpine003

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeRon View Post
-Convenient open and close
-Double flash hazards
-DRL delete
Can you explain the "convenient open and close"?

Also I've seen the double flash hazards video but wanted to clarify if the flashing sequence/timing change only when you have your hazards on?

I've been too lazy and cheap($79 quoted by dealer) to get my DRL's turned off. Prior to knowing about custom coding, I just put a resistor in place for now. It will be nice to finally remove that ghetto mod.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #151
MeRon

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post

DME ---> EWS-DME Adaptations (spelling may be a bit different)
What's your personal experience with resetting the adaptation values? Does it make that much of a difference?
MeRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #152
MeRon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine003 View Post
Can you explain the "convenient open and close"?

Also I've seen the double flash hazards video but wanted to clarify if the flashing sequence/timing change only when you have your hazards on?

I've been too lazy and cheap($79 quoted by dealer) to get my DRL's turned off. Prior to knowing about custom coding, I just put a resistor in place for now. It will be nice to finally remove that ghetto mod.
Convenient open/close is when all/most of your windows roll down when you hold the unlock button on your key remote, and closing all windows when you hold the lock button.

Double flash is for hazards only.
MeRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #153
TRIPLE_O

My Ride: E46 Coupe
ac_2007, you seem to be very knowledgable with all of this, so I have a question for you. I'm using PA Soft 1.4.0 with the scanner tool that plugs in under the steering wheel, I followed all of the instructions and got the software working properly. I was able to code my buddies 2002 325ci.

I plugged the scanner into my car (2000 BMW 328ci) and I am getting the following errors:

Connection Error with IKE , then
Connection Error with EWS

The only things that come up are :

DME

the rest : not found.

I did a lot of searching and one person that had this issue was getting it because they had a bad battery. Once they changed the battery, it worked for them. I too had a faulty battery but I just bought a brand new one, charged it up, but I'm still getting this error. Any ideas??

3 Series Owners Manuals
http://www.bmwsections.com/docs/3series/

For Sale (Exterior Lights)

..sincerely Jenny
TRIPLE_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #154
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O View Post
ac_2007, you seem to be very knowledgable with all of this, so I have a question for you. I'm using PA Soft 1.4.0 with the scanner tool that plugs in under the steering wheel, I followed all of the instructions and got the software working properly. I was able to code my buddies 2002 325ci.

I plugged the scanner into my car (2000 BMW 328ci) and I am getting the following errors:

DME

I did a lot of searching and one person that had this issue was getting it because they had a bad battery. Once they changed the battery, it worked for them. I too had a faulty battery but I just bought a brand new one, charged it up, but I'm still getting this error. Any ideas??
I am not ac_2007 but You may have a round connector under the hood which will need an adapter cable to work properly with standard OBDII protocols. Hence, its not able to communicate properly.
All 2001+ cars came with the standard OBDII port under the steering, but yours being 2000 you may have to purchase an additional adapter. Its all over ebay, search BMW 20 pin to OBDII, I guess.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #155
TRIPLE_O

My Ride: E46 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
I am not ac_2007 but You may have a round connector under the hood which will need an adapter cable to work properly with standard OBDII protocols. Hence, its not able to communicate properly.
All 2001+ cars came with the standard OBDII port under the steering, but yours being 2000 you may have to purchase an additional adapter. Its all over ebay, search BMW 20 pin to OBDII, I guess.
Appreciate the help. I was looking for an answer from anyone that could help me out really. I will order the adapter cable tonight and give you all an update when it comes.

3 Series Owners Manuals
http://www.bmwsections.com/docs/3series/

For Sale (Exterior Lights)

..sincerely Jenny
TRIPLE_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #156
trj

Quote:
Appreciate the help. I was looking for an answer from anyone that could help me out really. I will order the adapter cable tonight and give you all an update when it comes.
Mine is a 2001, so I don't have the round port.
First check your car if it has the round port lol.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #157
nissan00b

My Ride: 323 Ci
Will the pa soft or ebay unit reset the airbag light error? I forgot to disconnect my battery when taking out my seats to clean the carpets and now have the annoying airbag light. Any help would be appreciated.
nissan00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #158
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeRon View Post
What's your personal experience with resetting the adaptation values? Does it make that much of a difference?
I put maybe 2-3km on the car after resetting everything since the car is in storage, so I can't really say.
The flash to EU2 would be where most of the differences I felt, came from.

Quote:

DME

Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
He's right. I have the round connector too, just in case anyone has a 323/328 and needs programming. Was like $4 off Ebay but took a while to ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan00b View Post
Will the pa soft or ebay unit reset the airbag light error? I forgot to disconnect my battery when taking out my seats to clean the carpets and now have the annoying airbag light. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes.

Last edited by ac_2007; 02-09-2012 at 11:09 PM.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #159
trj

hey ac-2007, I have a question regarding resetting DME adaptations.
After I replaced my stuck open thermostat I am getting terrible mpg.
Will it be helpful if I reset the DME to make the engine adapt to new thermostat since the engine running temperature will be much more optimal than running on stuck open thermostat?
I tried to do the reset by manual steps;
key to ON for 10 secs-- key to OFF for 10 secs.
key to ON and step on the gas for 30 secs then key off and start the car.
Didn't help at all.

I am going to change the boots, DISA seal and clean the ICV, throttle body once I get my shipment. So thats the mechanical part.

Steps in PA soft is: DME-> EWS-DME Adaptations--> and? I have not tried it yet, will try it tomorrow. Just wanted to get the steps right.

Another Question: what does Eurotune actually do to a stock car, I mean technically. You should know, I am a noob in automobile engines lol.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #160
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
I don't know if it'll help much but its just a button on the left side in "DME". Click it, processes for 20sec, and done.

Lol, and I've posted this up about 20 times already but quickly with EU2:
- No CEL for headers, emissions equipment monitoring is turned off
- Smoother idle/less idle hunting once you put the car in neutral
- You can delete the SAP
- More lower end torque
- 1-2 better MPG

I'm actually re-installing PA Soft/DIS/INPA/WinKFP right now on an XP partition.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft