E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 195 votes, 4.92 average.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #161
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
I don't know if it'll help much but its just a button on the left side in "DME". Click it, processes for 20sec, and done.

Lol, and I've posted this up about 20 times already but quickly with EU2:
- No CEL for headers, emissions equipment monitoring is turned off
- Smoother idle/less idle hunting once you put the car in neutral
- You can delete the SAP
- More lower end torque
- 1-2 better MPG

I'm actually re-installing PA Soft/DIS/INPA/WinKFP right now on an XP partition.
lol. Sorry for the trouble my friend, but I meant how EU2 changes the working of the engine.

By remapping the air-fuel ratio/ removing the speed limiter/rev limiter/ programming it for higher octane fuel?
Only thing I would like to do is to get more lower end torque and may be remove the speed limiter(which I don't think is necessary since there is are police everywhere with their speed traps) and of course better mpg with my completely stock car. Its my DD so I won't be doing crazy things with it.

I plan to go headers and intake in the summer, so I am trying to get more info on EU2 tune since you make it more clear and simple.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #162
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Ah, well BMW never released what the technical changes of the tunes actually were, but I imagine it has something to do with VANOS timing, among others.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #163
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Ah, well BMW never released what the technical changes of the tunes actually were, but I imagine it has something to do with VANOS timing, among others.
Dammit SOB vanos here too. lol.
Sorry about the rant, but I am still undecided whether I want to do the VANOS seals or not. And everywhere I see, VANOS seems to be one of the things that may be causing issues of mpg for me.

Thanks for the information man . much more clear now about the EU2. The searches either yielded the dyno results or some website offering to do the tune for around $400 bucks. Hence I had to ask
Old 02-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #164
Kirk330i

My Ride: '01 330i
Haven't tried flashing anything yet with the Pasoft software. For the EU2 update, don't you need some sort of binary files that are read to the DME? Where do you get the EU2 software? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #165
mojako

My Ride: bmw
i hate xcar360!!

Where else can i buy this?
mojako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #166
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojako View Post
i hate xcar360!!

You may want to read post #4...
Old 02-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #167
ac_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojako View Post
i hate xcar360!!

A dozen other websites.. just Google the first part of this thread title.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #168
Phantoms69

My Ride: 330ci
Okay I received mine from China a couple of weeks ago. I've been trying to follow this post and the threads as much as I can. I also bought a netbook with Win XP Home from CL local because I have a few computers but they are all running Win 7 64bit. I've dedicated that netbook to be for the car only. So far I have been able to do most of what people are saying with the window open and close, door locks, and other basic stuff. What I would like to know is who here is the "GURU" with the software that I might ask a couple questions of. I know I can post them here but I don't want to clutter up the thread if the questions I ask have already been asked or are already known. Thanks for any help in advance.

On a side note, just my opinion, those who are saying that this is piracy because people are buying the unit from China are not correct. As others have stated the PA Software is FREE to download and use. Just like apps that they might use on their smartphone, is it piracy to use a free app on your smartphone? Also it is a known fact that electronics from overseas, China, Japan, Taiwan and Korea are almost always cheaper than the same exact item in the states. When I was stationed in Okinawa in the '80s CD players had just started to hit the states. Here they were selling for $800 - $1000 or more and there you could buy them for $300 or less. So for all the service people who bought them there, were they contributing to "Piracy", of course not.

My 330Ci - A work in progress.....
M3 Front Bumper - M-Tech II Rear Bumper - Sprint Booster - K&N Cold Air Intake - BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Brace - Dynavin Android Radio
19" Staggered iForged Daytonas - Quad Tip Muffler Delete - Smoked Corners and Rear Lights with LED - 6000k Angel Eyes -
Phantoms69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #169
ac_2007

I completely agree in regards to your view on what some are calling piracy, Phantom.

Feel free to post up your questions. There is no single guru, we have all had different experiences with the program.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #170
glhx

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
I have pa soft. will it recode a dsc/abs module? if not....what will and where can i get it for the best price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-OBD-...item3cc1af5d4f

i was looking at this which comes with several other software apps.

I am also interested in turning off the post cat o2 sensors and SAP
glhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #171
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by glhx View Post
I have pa soft. will it recode a dsc/abs module? if not....what will and where can i get it for the best price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-OBD-...item3cc1af5d4f

i was looking at this which comes with several other software apps.

I am also interested in turning off the post cat o2 sensors and SAP
See post #166!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #172
Perez

My Ride: US
Anyone know how to get this to work on a windows 7 laptop?

Edit:

I got it to work by using a windows vista laptop.

My new question though is how do I activate the double flashing hazards?

Last edited by Perez; 02-15-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #173
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
you can't use the BMW software utilities with the PAsoft interface cable. You need an EDIABAS or vag-com cable for that.
So.....with that being said, I should be able to download the PA software from there website and just purchase this correct?

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325..._Tools/ES6928/

oh and I have win 7 64bit...WML lol

Last edited by lakedude90; 02-16-2012 at 02:05 PM.
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #174
lakedude90

I do believe I answered my own question. In the discription of the cables ECS gives you a link that takes you to where u need to go to download the specific driver needed.

here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

For us that use windows 7 It has 2 diffrent links for 32bit AND 64 bit OS leaving me to believe that we can use either or.

keep in mind I do have a 64 bit OS
Now as for the PA software it installed with no problem at all. I just dont have any drivers to put on there yet. I may just down load the driver from the site and see how it does with out the cord pluged in considering I dont have it.

Update:
I do not think the drive and the PA software will read each other untill I have the cord actuall pluged into the computer. I will mostlikey order my cord from ECS 2morrow. I need to get a few other things anyways.

Last edited by lakedude90; 02-16-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #175
glhx

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
my pa soft is the 1.4.0 knock off and came with a cord and a electronic box...you can get it for $32

thats not the cord i have.....see post #4

That Scanner will do a lot of things....and im not sure how to code things yet ...like the ike.....or putting in a used ike in my car if needed...but im sure it will

as im grateful for the many things it does do.....it will not touch the abs module other than the code reading and reset...

i have the 5df5 internal error and will need a used abs module....pa soft will not code a new or a used to my cars VIN.....its sitting right here in front of me....it does almost everything else....just not the one i need.

it will also not turn off the o2 sensors or the SAP....as far as what it will do.......................about everything else

so what will.....ive looked all over the place and found half answers....like it can be done...or just put it in and it will work the dsc and abs without recode (not true)...

Last edited by glhx; 02-17-2012 at 10:23 PM.
glhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #176
wjjklj

My Ride: 2009 750i
I used my scanner on my friends 2005 zhp today and did some cool things....changed the oil change to 7500 miles or 365 days. I activated a clock that keeps track of days since last service instead of just mileage. I programed all windows to open or close via the key. I was able to clear about 20 codes caused by I think him having a bad battery (just replaced). He had two sensors that showed bad (evaporator and steering angle) which I could not clear. We turned on the front parking light and the front lights next to the xenon lights which looked pretty cool. There was another function which illuminated only a horseshoe of led lights in the rear brake area but only on the drivers side. This looked really cool almost like the Audi lights but again only on the one side. We tried it on my car and the result was the same. I will take a picture when I have time. It looked so good that I thought about splicing wires from the drivers side and connecting to the passenger side but it would probably mess up other things. I love this scanner though.
wjjklj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #177
CoClimber

My Ride: 87 325is, 04 330XI
I have a question about the software. Long story but I had to remove my steering wheel and reinstall it at a different angle, thus throwing off my steering angle sensor. Will the software reset the steering angle sensor to the new steering wheel angle?
CoClimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #178
wjjklj

Yes, you can reset the sensor.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #179
lakedude90

ok Im havin some trouble now. I got my cable and the driver was installed and everything for it. nothing came up syaing there was a problem but now when I start up the PA software its says that the Scanner adapter is not pluged in. Im not sure what exactly it means but as a I type this the cable is pluged into my car and the computer. What do I need to do?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #180
wjjklj

Are both lights lit on the scanner when plugged in?

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft