E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 194 votes, 4.92 average.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #1821
Dilon

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
do you use the demo version from the pa soft website? or a pirated full version of software?
Dilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #1822
Imanewbie

My Ride: is my crack.
*OFFICIAL* BMW Diagnostic Scanner PA Soft 1.4 Thread

Fatal user error.

iOS BimmerApp
Old 11-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #1823
Dilon

Excuse me?
Old 11-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #1824
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Would anyone be nice enough to take a screenshot of their SRS Live Data readout?

1) Preferably with you sitting in the passenger seat, to test if the program is able to accurately detect occupancy.

2) With your driver seatbelt buckled in, again to see if the program is able to accurately detect this.
Bump!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #1825
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci

I have to say I think there's a particular version out there that once it recognizes the pa soft to be a Chinese counterfeit, it causes these issues. It's either that or you have the wrong drivers and not using the right pirated software that came with the hardware.

I thought I saw somewhere on the chineses website where they said if incorrect software was being used that it would cause the numerous amounts of pop up boxes to populate among other things. You should look into that.

I also thought I saw them coming up with a solution for it by going in and deleting certain or rather all the registry information related to pa soft an redoing it all over again but this time using the right unlocked Chinese software. That's why it's important to make sure you're using either the software that came with the hardware or downloading the one from their website

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #1826
Imanewbie

My Ride: is my crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbaOneNewb View Post
I have to say I think there's a particular version out there that once it recognizes the pa soft to be a Chinese counterfeit, it causes these issues. It's either that or you have the wrong drivers and not using the right pirated software that came with the hardware.

I thought I saw somewhere on the chineses website where they said if incorrect software was being used that it would cause the numerous amounts of pop up boxes to populate among other things. You should look into that.

I also thought I saw them coming up with a solution for it by going in and deleting certain or rather all the registry information related to pa soft an redoing it all over again but this time using the right unlocked Chinese software. That's why it's important to make sure you're using either the software that came with the hardware or downloading the one from their website

^ What he said, if you got the scanner from xcar360 for example, you need to get the software from there site because the software from pasoft will not work.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #1827
dragondrpr

My Ride: 03 325xi
Re: after debading my 330Ci I figured I put the emblem to good use...

diagnostic tools work on safemode..or windows 32bit ...aka windows XP...I found that out by visiting a neurologist...the same should be with scanners...if I am correct

dragondrpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #1828
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Damn, I reformatted my laptop, tried to install it on my win 7 and it's not working. It shows that the drivers are installed, but says the scanner is not connected. Fak

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #1829
Dilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Damn, I reformatted my laptop, tried to install it on my win 7 and it's not working. It shows that the drivers are installed, but says the scanner is not connected. Fak
Run it in XP COMPATIBILITY, right click go to properties and select it
Old 11-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #1830
Dilon

Service pack 2 is recommended
Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #1831
BMWRoverFtw

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP, 95 RRC
I got my PA soft cable the other day and I have been able to recode my windows to go up with my key but car indent is not working and most of my options throughout the program are grayed out. Would you know why this is? I have a 05 330i 10/04 build date. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #1832
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRoverFtw View Post
I got my PA soft cable the other day and I have been able to recode my windows to go up with my key but car indent is not working and most of my options throughout the program are grayed out. Would you know why this is? I have a 05 330i 10/04 build date. Thanks in advance!
Post screenshots.

You'll have almost nothing on the 2nd and 3rd pages, aside from maybe Xenons.

I have half of the first page, everything else is greyed out, as it should be.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #1833
markyaeger

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Before I go buying a scanner, I wanted to see if anyone knew if the below options are even something I can change using the scanner and software. I just bought an '04 330ci with sport pkg and my lights don't blink once and twice when locking my car. Also my AC/heater temp gauge doesn't dim with the rest of the car when using the dim dial. Any ideas?

thx!
markyaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #1834
markyaeger

Before I go buying a scanner, I wanted to see if anyone knew if the below options are even something I can change using the scanner and software. I just bought an '04 330ci with sport pkg and my lights don't blink once and twice when locking my car. Also my AC/heater temp gauge doesn't dim with the rest of the car when using the dim dial. Any ideas?

thx!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #1835
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyaeger View Post

thx!
The flashing can be set but I am not sure about the temp display but it may be a sign of electrical issues. If I remember correctly, my car did that when the final stage resistor was dying.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #1836
markyaeger

OH no, I'm hearing about that. Not odd then that my blower is a little "up and down". Hope that's the only problem, the part is cheap. Any other electrical things to look out for/replace? Fuses, etc? The FSR is apparently notorious for going out
Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #1837
se93

My Ride: BMW 328ci AW MTECH2

Hello to all

Does anyone have a version of the bmw scanner software that is more recent than version 1.4.0.8?

I need to test a more updated version

Let me know

My email is: mpg5308@gmail.com

Old 11-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #1838
MattVa

My Ride: 325ci 330ci
Issues with IKE EWS connection

See if anyone can help. 325CI 2002...I actually have 2 of them

I have the XCAR360 BMW 1.4 scanner
I get the EWS/IKE connection error and a scan finds NO Modules

I have tried installing this every way possible and on 3 different laptops
Win 7
XP SP2
XP SP3

The hardware and drivers seen to install fine, amber light on hardware indicates power. Green light flashes when PC tries to scan through hardware and interrogate modules

My OBD2 Scanner works fine on both cars.

I have tried updating drivers, searched boards, contacted Xcar360, different install methods...with unit plugged in, without unit plugged in so on and so on in every conceivable configuration

Tried different USB cables, checked adapter solder connections and pin locations as per boards---pins 4,5 7,8 etc.

I am about ready to throw this crap in the trash. I never had issues using MOATES hardware for tuning ford EEC's, sometimes issues with innovate and datalogging, but nothing like this, and its MADE in China too

Any help would be appreciated
95 Mustang Cobra Dart 363 18psi Vortech
99 Corvette FRC
01 Superformance Cobra
Ultima Can-Am 355 G50/50 Yellow
Ultima Can-Am 350 G50/50 Orange
MattVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #1839
philliplong

My Ride: 2002 325CI
Re: *OFFICIAL* BMW Diagnostic Scanner PA Soft 1.4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattVa View Post
See if anyone can help. 325CI 2002...I actually have 2 of them

I have the XCAR360 BMW 1.4 scanner
I get the EWS/IKE connection error and a scan finds NO Modules

I have tried installing this every way possible and on 3 different laptops
Win 7
XP SP2
XP SP3

The hardware and drivers seen to install fine, amber light on hardware indicates power. Green light flashes when PC tries to scan through hardware and interrogate modules

My OBD2 Scanner works fine on both cars.

I have tried updating drivers, searched boards, contacted Xcar360, different install methods...with unit plugged in, without unit plugged in so on and so on in every conceivable configuration

Tried different USB cables, checked adapter solder connections and pin locations as per boards---pins 4,5 7,8 etc.

I am about ready to throw this crap in the trash. I never had issues using MOATES hardware for tuning ford EEC's, sometimes issues with innovate and datalogging, but nothing like this, and its MADE in China too

Any help would be appreciated
I am having the exact same problem on my 2002 325ci, like exactly the same... inpa nor pa soft work with 2 different scanners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #1840
MattVa

My Ride: 325ci 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliplong View Post
I am having the exact same problem on my 2002 325ci, like exactly the same... inpa nor pa soft work with 2 different scanners.

Is yours from Xcar360 also?

Let me know if you get anywhere with yours and I will reciprocate.
95 Mustang Cobra Dart 363 18psi Vortech
99 Corvette FRC
01 Superformance Cobra
Ultima Can-Am 355 G50/50 Yellow
Ultima Can-Am 350 G50/50 Orange
MattVa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft