E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #21
twdubs

My Ride: 335xi 328xiT
The Infiniti guy has to retaliate like a little punk because 1) his car sucks and 2) he's a little passive/aggressive *****.
twdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #22
TekNoire7

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Have you owned or driven a Lexus gs or higher? The es maybe. But anything higher isn't even comparable to a Toyota.
The ls beats the loving crap out of anything competing. Including the 760. Not even the same game.
Lexus is a whole different ball park. Customer service at the dealer is also unmatched.
Test drive an ls sitting In front and back. You'll understand.
Yes, my boss has a 2011 is350 which I drive every single day. He used to have a is250 as well. It's absolutely horrendous. I respect the engine that's inside the thing but other than that I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the interior. Cheapest plastics I've seen in a "luxury" sedan. The sound system is admirable, I will give it that but the feel of the car is horrendous as well. I feel so disconnected from the road, almost as if some Japanese engineer is driving for me. As for the higher models I will admit I cannot comment on them because if the fact I've never been inside of them but the consistencies between Lexus and Toyota exterior design is a huge turn off. Considering I've put over 4000 miles on my bosses car alone, I think I'm in a pretty good position to have an opinion. I have more comments but I'm busy at the moment. Just because I have a 10 year old 3 series doesn't mean we can't be a fan of the brand in later models. Nothing fanboy like and illogical ever, these are just facts.

P.s. quite insane to think an IS is better a 7 series. It is complete hell to sit in the back if the lexus. Happy holidays.

Last edited by TekNoire7; 12-27-2011 at 09:07 PM.
TekNoire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 AM   #23
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekNoire7 View Post
Yes, my boss has a 2011 is350 which I drive every single day. He used to have a is250 as well. It's absolutely horrendous. I respect the engine that's inside the thing but other than that I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the interior. Cheapest plastics I've seen in a "luxury" sedan. The sound system is admirable, I will give it that but the feel of the car is horrendous as well. I feel so disconnected from the road, almost as if some Japanese engineer is driving for me. As for the higher models I will admit I cannot comment on them because if the fact I've never been inside of them but the consistencies between Lexus and Toyota exterior design is a huge turn off. Considering I've put over 4000 miles on my bosses car alone, I think I'm in a pretty good position to have an opinion. I have more comments but I'm busy at the moment. Just because I have a 10 year old 3 series doesn't mean we can't be a fan of the brand in later models. Nothing fanboy like and illogical ever, these are just facts.

P.s. quite insane to think an IS is better a 7 series. It is complete hell to sit in the back if the lexus. Happy holidays.
Haha. I'm sorry you've misunderstood me. I was saying LS. not is. BIG difference.
The is is even under the es. You don't start getting "Lexus" until you go gs or higher. Even in the suv models the smaller one "rx" is crappy. Toyota like I suppose.
But seriously ride front and back in an LS and you'll get what I'm saying. I drove both the 760Li and the Ls "whatever the limo model is for them" and the Lexus was a step ahead.
Keep on mind though that with those larger cars you will not feel the road like you will in a 3 series. It's not even supposed to be compared. Completely different market.

Although I have gotten a brand new 7 series sideways on a track

And while you say the is is cheap feeling, I will have to say the same thing about the 1 series. I sat in a base 1 series at the dealer and it was terrible. Fake leather was scratchy. Everything was so small. I was so cramped and I'm 5'9". Every car line has its entry level crapper and unfortunately that's most people first experience with a new car brand because that's what their friends buy.
Everyone just hates on the e90 series because all the friends drive base 328s. Yeah I hate that car too. Either drive a completely loaded midrange model or the brands flagship car before you write off the whole brand.

Last edited by peytonracer4; 12-28-2011 at 01:48 AM.
peytonracer4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #24
TekNoire7

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Haha. I'm sorry you've misunderstood me. I was saying LS. not is. BIG difference.
The is is even under the es. You don't start getting "Lexus" until you go gs or higher. Even in the suv models the smaller one "rx" is crappy. Toyota like I suppose.
But seriously ride front and back in an LS and you'll get what I'm saying. I drove both the 760Li and the Ls "whatever the limo model is for them" and the Lexus was a step ahead.
Keep on mind though that with those larger cars you will not feel the road like you will in a 3 series. It's not even supposed to be compared. Completely different market.

Although I have gotten a brand new 7 series sideways on a track

And while you say the is is cheap feeling, I will have to say the same thing about the 1 series. I sat in a base 1 series at the dealer and it was terrible. Fake leather was scratchy. Everything was so small. I was so cramped and I'm 5'9". Every car line has its entry level crapper and unfortunately that's most people first experience with a new car brand because that's what their friends buy.
Everyone just hates on the e90 series because all the friends drive base 328s. Yeah I hate that car too. Either drive a completely loaded midrange model or the brands flagship car before you write off the whole brand.
Good point and I do agree with you there. I guess I misunderstood about the is but like I said before ive never been in a higher level lexus so therefore I can't judge.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #25
Sweeney921

My Ride: 2003 330Ci ZSP
I want to know why they wound up at the same house.....are they supposed to be neighbors with a shared driveway?

EDIT: nvm, figured it out. They're domestic partners.

Last edited by Sweeney921; 01-03-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Sweeney921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #26
Bmill160

My Ride: 2001 M3 Vert
Quote:
Have you owned or driven a Lexus gs or higher? The es maybe. But anything higher isn't even comparable to a Toyota.
The ls beats the loving crap out of anything competing. Including the 760. Not even the same game.
Lexus is a whole different ball park. Customer service at the dealer is also unmatched.
Test drive an ls sitting In front and back. You'll understand.
You're in the wrong forum to make a statement like that. My dealer loaned me a 2010 IS250 while my ///M was in getting wheels swapped and I couldn't WAIT to get out of that thing. It looks cheap, I'd take my mom's Corolla over that thing. No power, automatic transmission (in the one I drove), even the dealer apologized for putting me in it for the day. JOKE.
///M3 VERT, COLD AIR INTAKE, CF FRONT SPLITTERS, HALO PROJECTORS WITH CLEAR CORNERS, 15MMFx12MMR SPACERS, FRONT STRUT BRACE, ROGUE ENGINEERING POWER PULLEY KIT, BLACKED OUT KIDNEY / SIDE GRILLS, SILICONE INTAKE BOOT, ///M-STITCH SHIFT BOOT / HANDBRAKE BOOT, MEGAN RACE EXHAUST, ZHP SHIFT KNOB
Bmill160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #27
speedlaw

My Ride: 03 330i Sport
jealously

I always thought that the other guy was jealous....I can't think of any other car commercial where they competitors car gets so much screen time.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #28
Bemwe_03i

My Ride: 2003.5 E46 M3 smg IR
I recently saw this commercial on the tv (in canada) i could've sworn i saw the grill as one piece on the bmw. I cant find the video.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #29
330I6SPD

My Ride: 2005 330I 6Spd.
I like how they cast the BMW owner as some light in the loafers little pee wee herman look-alike dweeb with a gay azz lisp (SSSSSSSSSSSee you at work! Would put the limp wrist smilie here but it's been removed!) I would not be suprised at all to find out that guy has been in another short video involving snowballing.

Last edited by 330I6SPD; 01-20-2012 at 11:50 AM.
330I6SPD is offline   Reply With Quote