E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
1988 Hyundai Excel vs BMW E30, baaaaahahah!

One of my friends found this GEM, what a holiday GEM it is! yeah, I get it, this is a 100% fair comparison.

http://jalopnik.com/5870954/whats-th...and-an-e30-bmw

Last edited by tim330i; 12-28-2011 at 03:33 PM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
benzedid

My Ride: 2001 BMW E46 318i
Send a message via Skype™ to benzedid
LOL!!

benzedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
benzedid

these guys had the guts back then to do ads like these. i won't be shocked if they compared the new hyundai to the F30.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzedid View Post
these guys had the guts back then to do ads like these. i won't be shocked if they compared the new hyundai to the F30.
I would be, it's a no-win situation for Hyundai, no matter how hard they try, Hyundais will NEVER, EVER compare to a BMW in quality, performance, or anything for that matter as far as I am concerned. Why? Because Hyundais are CHEAP, they pride themselves on being CHEAP, and they cannot, and will not be able to come close to the quality of a BMW EVER, by being cheap.

I had total respect for the Genesis coupe, until I recently got to drive one that belonged to my friend's dad. What a total piece of sh*t. Seriously. It was garbage, the blue dash lit up so F"N bright, that's all I could see! talk about distracting. The car already had a few squeaks going over bumps and was 2 years and 40K miles old. The doors sounded like opening a can of tuna when they were opened, and flicking an aluminum can when closed. I grabbed the door handle from the inside and twisted it ever so slightly and it sounded like it was made from plastic so cheap, it squeaked and I swear I could have broken it if I twisted harder. What an absolute, piece of crap.

Go drive one, I challenge any of you. Maybe they "seem good" right off the lot, but give one 40K miles, and it starts to turn to garbage. Once you hit 100K, if you're lucky, that's when the fun starts and the rust begins to seep everywhere from underneath where you can't see it unless you get down under there. Every time I get into one, I cannot help but think of how far they've come, and how far they still are from BMW, they're absolute CRAPTASTIC CRAP in my opinion.

Sure, want to go from point A to point B, not stressing the car out in any way, and go 100K with no worries? buy one. that's what they are for. people who cannot stand to drive. /rant.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
ok
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
biggs325

My Ride: 2004 325ci
You are a diehard bmw fan. You should be given the fan of the year award. I have been around cars all.my life. Every kind. My dad has sold every kind from Saturn to Mercedes. Yeah you get what you pay for. But in our economy, Hyundai is the one company not goin cheap. Their cars will run for well.over 100k. For the price they are the best car on the market, hands down.

Sent from my MB860 using Bimmer
Old 12-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
hyundai is better than bmw. the quality and performance is unrivaled by anyone who tries. a bmw will turn to dust before a hyundai even needs maintenance done. and forget about parts breaking. they're practically military grade.
look out guys. ****'s about to hit the fan
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
I didn't laugh?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
wild willy

My Ride: Cars
In the past 10 years.....who has come further as a manufacturer...? Is it even close? I don't think so...........Just sayin......Imagine where the 2 will be in 10 more years......BMW feels they have nothing to prove......Hyundai has proven a lot.
wild willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #10
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
In the past 10 years.....who has come further as a manufacturer...? Is it even close? I don't think so...........Just sayin......Imagine where the 2 will be in 10 more years......BMW feels they have nothing to prove......Hyundai has proven a lot.
+1
Look at early 2000 hyundai. They were putting out crappy economy cars when no one wanted them. Build quality was garbage. They were just crap.
Styling may be a little off but Hyundai today is a completely different name. The newer higher end cars (genesis sedan and Equis?) very nice cars with good interior quality and design. Good build quality. Decent performance and decent styling.
If it were my money and I had a family I'd test drive a bigger Hyundai. They have definitely come a LONG way in the past 10 years
Old 12-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
benzedid

yeah right. indeed BMW has nothing to prove. and Hyundai still need to prove its worthiness. No wonder Jeremy Clarkson said that Hyundai is the last car he will ever buy!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
benzedid

look... instead of a Hyundai, I'd prefer getting a KIA. atleast, the downshift won't be that harsh! xD

Old 12-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #13
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
That dude in the bummer looked like he was an extra in American Psycho or something.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #14
wild willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzedid View Post
yeah right. indeed BMW has nothing to prove. and Hyundai still need to prove its worthiness. No wonder Jeremy Clarkson said that Hyundai is the last car he will ever buy!
Tunnel vision will get you one place.......Step back...and look around..What hyundai has done is amazing...if they go as far as they have come, BMW and every other MFG in the world will be way behind them
Old 12-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
trizzuth

Jesus christ, i should have just posted this on a hyundai forum. For those of you "praising" the craptasticness of hyundai, have you actually been in or driven a relatively new one, or are you making claims solely based on what the media has presented you with?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Jesus christ, i should have just posted this on a hyundai forum. For those of you "praising" the craptasticness of hyundai, have you actually been in or driven a relatively new one, or are you making claims solely based on what the media has presented you with?
Have you been in anything other than a base $20k genesis coupe?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #17
wild willy

Quote:
Yes....extremely impressed at quality in and out especially when you look at the price point.....and let's not even bring the warranty into the discussion......

Hey...I love all cars.....I love BMW's even though I never bought one...you have to give credit where it is due.........
Old 12-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #18
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggs325 View Post
You are a diehard bmw fan. You should be given the fan of the year award. I have been around cars all.my life. Every kind. My dad has sold every kind from Saturn to Mercedes. Yeah you get what you pay for. But in our economy, Hyundai is the one company not goin cheap. Their cars will run for well.over 100k. For the price they are the best car on the market, hands down.

Sent from my MB860 using Bimmer
In 1988, every Hyundai was a steaming pile of crap.

The new cars are light years better than the old cars.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #19
Wes

Quote:
Hey man, nothing will ever come close to your 10 year old 3 series, but at least Hyundai is trying!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #20
vwott

My Ride: e46 M3
BMW makes the cars that everyone else tries to top. You don't see BMW making commercials comparing itself to the new Hyundai. All these cars come out and they try to prove that they can compete with BMW. That right there is enough to tell you who the top dog is.

There will always be people saying you're just paying more money for the name, but o well. Let them fix their Hyundai with the tools they saved money on by buying from Harbor Freight.
vwott is offline   Reply With Quote