E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #61
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
True driver's magazine tells the trizzuth:

Read this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_and_Driver_10Best

Just Search the page for "Hyundai" and look, only 1 item comes up and that was the sonata for 2011. The ONLY 10 best award Hyundai has EVER received.

Search for "bmw" and you get 31 finds. 31!!!!!! I think this ends the argument about Hyundai and BMW FOREVER.

The BMW 3-series has been named a 10 best winner for 21 consecutive years. Champion of all 10 best nominees in consecutive years.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #62
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
NFR is one of those guys who will pay extra for an Acura because it's "better" than a Honda.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #63
wild willy

My Ride: Cars
Next thing you will be telling me is that the VQ in Nissans is inferior to the VQ in Infiniti's......
wild willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #64
jizzzoe

My Ride: is no longer E46 :(
Send a message via Yahoo to jizzzoe
My parents bought an 87 Excel brand new. What a piece of garbage! I know some Sonata owners and they tell me they are reliable cars and good quality. Don't they give you like a 10-year warranty or something too? I wouldn't buy one, but I think they do have their place in society. Not everybody cares how their cars look and a lot of people just want to get from A to B without spending a fortune on gas. More power to em....

PS Go away Honda drivers.

My Steel Gray '03 330Ci... I miss you, baby!
MODS: Purely aesthetic… Shadowlined, Smoked and LED'd out!
jizzzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #65
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
bmw vs. hyundai? i never consider that as my next car and never will be. ill just ride with metro bus
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #66
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjaws View Post
That dude in the bummer looked like he was an extra in American Psycho or something.
Everyone looked like that in the 80's. Cocaine or something.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #67
uninc4709

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i 5spd
I knew there were some fanboys here, didn't realize how arrogant some of them are though. Deal with it, BMW is no longer top dog obviously other manufacturers have realized they need to step their game up in order to compete and Hyundai has done just that
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #68
biggs325

My Ride: 2004 325ci
I'm losing brain cells every time I read a post. Bmw owners are such ignorant pricks. We think we are the greatest people ever. I own an e46 and would rather drive many other cars, I simply bought mine bc it was a good deal and in good shape. Not for legendary performance and bc some idiot at car and driver likes it.

Sent from my MB860 using Bimmer
Old 12-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #69
pkripon

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Thats because you are sipping koolaid. BMW is not focused on making "best cars, etc etc etc." They are focused on making money. If they were focused on making the "ultimate driving machine" they would only produce M cars. Old BMWs are sh!t too, it's just that they have a cult following, using them as sunday cars, thus, making them "rare" since the rest have been sent to the scrap heap. I don't see anyone bringing the 318ti into the convo. Ultimate driving machine? I think not. I am probably on over 25 car boards, and nowhere do you find blindness like you do on a BMW board. While most of their cars are fun to drive, good looking, and fun, they are not without fault, as is BMW as a car company. The blind following is just moronic, and failure to acknowledge another car company for doing what we, car enthusiast love, just shows one thing....that people with that mentality don't know d!ck about cars.

Like I said earlier, even if you HATE Hyundai/Kia/whatever, you MUST understand that it is THEM that make your BMWs better every year.
Wow...this guy said I HATE Hyundai /Kia ...I don't believe I once said I hated any carmaker...simply mentioned that I rather buy a $10K, 10 year old E46 over a new Hyundai/Kia any day of the week...but this Mr. Know it all praises Hyundai for their step forward in the car industry and call BMW owners blind because BMW are in to make money...aren't all car makers in it to make the money? Bmw owners being arrogant...yes there are some out there...if wanting to get from point A to point B in style being arrogant... then us fanatics have a problem... to those who praises the Hyundai advancement...please use a Hyundai forum...thnx to those fanatics for the use of their pics ...which one is more expensive before mods...and ask yourself which one would u rather drive...enough said...my head hurts now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1325232085030.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	430335   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1325232379401.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	430339   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1325232464725.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	430340   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1325232430330.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	430341  

pkripon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:23 AM   #70
pkripon

Quote:
Jackass of the year post. Believe me, I know more about BMWs than you ever will. All of my cars are meticulously maintained BY ME. I change my own clutches and everything else that needs to be changed in a car. I worked on MANY forum members' cars of all types, S4s, M3s, Evos, S2000s, etc. Hell, it got so busy at one point, I was making almost an equal salary just working on members' cars. My M3s were at the dealer for QC issues. On my vert, my top stopped working with 500 miles on the clock. Then my TPMS light kept going off, even though all the tires were perfectly inflated. After that, the heated seats stopped working. None of my issues were ever "neglect" related.
One word... LEMON... I trust that u do a lot of work on cars...why not your BMWs when u had them...if you weren't able to fix them... you must of gotten a LEMON...every car brand will have a few of those... I've seen some of the newest cars on the side of the roads broken down...from Hyundai to BMW...
Old 12-30-2011, 02:33 AM   #71
pkripon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I'm going to bet half the people who talk about how they'd rather drive a $10k BMW than a brand new Hyundai couldn't afford the new Hyundai.
Like the other guy said...interesting theory...but for.me...even if I had $30K to.spend on a new car...I rather spend $10K on a use E46...and what's also funny....they are sure a lot of BMW bashers on an BMW forum...lol
Old 12-30-2011, 02:54 AM   #72
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkripon View Post
One word... LEMON... I trust that u do a lot of work on cars...why not your BMWs when u had them...if you weren't able to fix them... you must of gotten a LEMON...every car brand will have a few of those... I've seen some of the newest cars on the side of the roads broken down...from Hyundai to BMW...
I outlined some of the problems with my 2003 vert, here are some on my 2004.5 coupe....

1)Inside chrome of the right headlight fell off, into the headlight.
2)Sunroof was popping off the track.
3)Mirror tilting stopped working (when put into reverse.) Mirror replaced....
4)After mirror was replaced, mirror titled UP towards the sky instead of the curb.
5)Battery kept dying for no reason...replaced twice.

All this was inside 4000 miles. BMW ended up buying the car back from me. I was cool with the service manager, and he helped push it along, but still. Yes, I know that it is not normal, however, saying that no other manufacturers can get near BMW in anything is absurd.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:58 AM   #73
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Wow...this guy said I HATE Hyundai /Kia ...I don't believe I once said I hated any carmaker...simply mentioned that I rather buy a $10K, 10 year old E46 over a new Hyundai/Kia any day of the week...but this Mr. Know it all praises Hyundai for their step forward in the car industry and call BMW owners blind because BMW are in to make money...aren't all car makers in it to make the money? Bmw owners being arrogant...yes there are some out there...if wanting to get from point A to point B in style being arrogant... then us fanatics have a problem... to those who praises the Hyundai advancement...please use a Hyundai forum...thnx to those fanatics for the use of their pics ...which one is more expensive before mods...and ask yourself which one would u rather drive...enough said...my head hurts now...
Funny you should post that pic, as my white coupe looked exactly like that, with LMs and HR coils. I also didn't say YOU hate Hyundai. I said if people in general hate Hyundai, they should at least love them for DRIVING companies like BMW to keep innovating and make their cars better. BMW can't sit there and keep making 323i's when Hyundai is putting out near 300hp "econoboxes." Cars like Evos, STIs, GenCoupes, etc are the reason why the new M3s, S4s, etc are what they are.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #74
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Like the other guy said...interesting theory...but for.me...even if I had $30K to.spend on a new car...I rather spend $10K on a use E46...and what's also funny....they are sure a lot of BMW bashers on an BMW forum...lol
I'm not bashing BMW. I'm bashing the ignorant idea that a ten year old entry level luxury car is the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are a LOT of people on this site with an automatic '99 323i (which is roughly as quick as a ten year old on a bicycle) who talk about driving dynamics...on a car even BMW didn't design as a dynamic driver.

I mean...who would want a new car with a warranty when you could drive a difficult-to-fix decade old car?

That's right - those who are concerned with the words, "I drive a BMW."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #75
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
That's it. I'm going to the Hyundai dealer to get a REAL car.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #76
jizzzoe

My Ride: is no longer E46 :(
Send a message via Yahoo to jizzzoe
Quote:
4)After mirror was replaced, mirror titled UP towards the sky instead of the curb.
LMAO at this

My Steel Gray '03 330Ci... I miss you, baby!
MODS: Purely aesthetic… Shadowlined, Smoked and LED'd out!
jizzzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #77
john311tran

My Ride: awd + 5 doors
Quote:
Funny you should post that pic, as my white coupe looked exactly like that, with LMs and HR coils. I also didn't say YOU hate Hyundai. I said if people in general hate Hyundai, they should at least love them for DRIVING companies like BMW to keep innovating and make their cars better. BMW can't sit there and keep making 323i's when Hyundai is putting out near 300hp "econoboxes." Cars like Evos, STIs, GenCoupes, etc are the reason why the new M3s, S4s, etc are what they are.
so true.. just look at the new f30's.. no incentive to make an insanely powerful and efficient engine if hyundai is only putting out crap.

john
john311tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #78
pkripon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I'm not bashing BMW. I'm bashing the ignorant idea that a ten year old entry level luxury car is the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are a LOT of people on this site with an automatic '99 323i (which is roughly as quick as a ten year old on a bicycle) who talk about driving dynamics...on a car even BMW didn't design as a dynamic driver.

I mean...who would want a new car with a warranty when you could drive a difficult-to-fix decade old car?

That's right - those who are concerned with the words, "I drive a BMW."
Huh?...it seems like u despise people with BMW who thinks they are better than everyone else...(there was a thread on that by the way)...which I dislike also...but I'm not that guy....I've own varies cars in my life from a '79 corolla to my '02 325ci...and after all its done and said...I'm that same guy with the '79 corolla...always a fan of what I drove and owned...I drove and owned Toyotas, hondas, acuras, chevys, Mitsubishi, bmws...and even got to drive a Lexus...and I preferred the BMW's looks & driving capabilities than the other cars...I think u are being a little too judgemental with ur last statement there bro...not all BMW owners are concerned with the words "I drive a BMW"...
And the new car warranty question...I could care less about it...most cars should last about 5 years or more- people who worry about warranty when buying a car are normally the point A to point B owners( they want to make sure their car last as long as possible for the money they spent on it)...a real car fanatics wouldn't care much because when **** breaks they fix it themselves...

And I did thank all the fanatics for the use of their car pics....they are look great BMW's or Hyundai ...lol

was this your car below?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1325286176002.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	430394  
Old 12-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #79
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
i remember that commercial.

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #80
pkripon

Quote:
I outlined some of the problems with my 2003 vert, here are some on my 2004.5 coupe....

1)Inside chrome of the right headlight fell off, into the headlight.
2)Sunroof was popping off the track.
3)Mirror tilting stopped working (when put into reverse.) Mirror replaced....
5)Battery kept dying for no reason...replaced twice.

All this was inside 4000 miles. BMW ended up buying the car back from me. I was cool with the service manager, and he helped push it along, but still. Yes, I know that it is not normal, however, saying that no other manufacturers can get near BMW in anything is absurd.
That's a "LEMON"...all those problems are not normal...but it doesn't say anything about the reliabilities of BMW ...again I never once said nothing comes close to a BMW...eventually all the other car makers will catch up...until then...I preferred a $10K 10 year old E46 over a new $30k Genesis ...the extra $20k will be put.away for.repairs...in the next 10 years...