E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #321
330touring

My Ride: 330d touring
I have that blip every time I start the navi mode.

Also, when the navi mode is on, the music source is displayed. Any way of Not displaying the music source in navi mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
Agreed, but i assume this information is on the Canbus so should be available to read. Potentially the Dynavin requires some can modification to pick up certain information, Mine still doesnt display battery values but there is clearly battery information as i can read it from INPA.
It seems like we (not m3 owners) just have to accept that the oil temp is not displayed. But what about displaying the volt, what cars does display volt?

Is there a more complete user manual for these units? I feel many of these questions could be answered in a better manual.
330touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #322
rellik

My Ride: is too slow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
That to me looks an oil/water sensor for the motor to run efficiently, not to display any readings.
So you are assuming that it's a pass/fail sensor? in other words, the signal it sends is on before a certain point and off after that point (or vise versa) No progressive measurement means no oil temp reading? The OBC is a pretty cool feature on the Dynavin. I'd like to know how much of what they (Dynavin) say can actually be seen on the OBC display.
Sport, Cold Weather and Premium Packages * Dinan TCAI * Dinan Stage II engine software * Dinan performance tranny software * UUC TSE3 * ///M3 Steering wheel * ///M3 lip spoiler * UUC Slotted Front Rotors * Powerflex FCAB's * KONI FSD's * UUC StrutBarbarian * 35% tint * OEM (ULO) clears * 5000k bulbs * NGK Iridiums * Stewart WP * Delmarco's Bluetooth retrofit * LED Angel Eyes * 3K HID Fogs * USA Spec

Last edited by rellik; 02-19-2012 at 06:01 PM.
rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #323
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rellik View Post
The OBC is a pretty cool feature on the Dynavin. I'd like to know how much of what they (Dynavin) say can actually be seen on the OBC display.
Its going to vary depending on what info is available/compatible on any given car. I think this screen is of limited usefullness but it is interesting to look at things like voltage, engine temp, etc... for diagnostic purposes..... Maybe others could post what they see or dont see based on their model and options.

Here is what I see on my E92, 335i manual trans. (and yes it is in metric, and no it can not be changed to SAE, not that I know of at least)

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 02-20-2012 at 10:09 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #324
reigate

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by reigate View Post
In regard to cable length, I put in an extension as I wasn't sure how long the OEM lead was (D99) and just wanted to get the job finished as I was under a little pressure from the bride as we only have one car. The other reason is that I wanted to be able to connect to the BMW GPS sensor to see if it is compatible which I will do when an SMA/SMB adapter arrives. I have received conflicting stories on sensor compatibility so figured the easiest was to just try it. For information, I am using a 5 metre extension cable and can see no evidence of signal loss as the unit is typically showing GPS lock with 10-12 satellites.

Will post the results of the BMW sensor test when completed.
Well I've done it; connected the Dynavin to the BMW GPS sensor located under the rear parcel shelf and guess what, it works! As per the above, obtained a 5m SMA female to SMA female extension along with an SMA female to SMB male adapter (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160525502...84.m1497.l2649) and connected it to the OEM harness in the boot. I have a RH drive sedan and could have got away with a 4M cable however for those with LH drive, you would probably need at least 5M as you need to run the cable further. In reality, I guess that you would need the same length as the radio antenna cable supplied with the FAKRA.

Just to clarify, I have a 2002 e46 which was factory fitted with satnav before I replaced it with a D99 Android unit.
reigate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #325
jateshk

My Ride: M3 Vet 100% options
Few questions for you before i pull the trigger.

1. In the android side do all android apps work? All music apps...Pandora, Saavan (indian music) games like Angry Bird?

2. When on android side what happens when you get a call? Can you switch back easy to get hands free?

I think if the android side works well that is going to be NICE.

Also i have a Verizon Pantec 4g card. Can i use to always have it connected?

Whats the best way to connect to jailbroken iphone 4s? Is it a pain every time?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #326
Ervin87

My Ride: E92 M3 | S4 | E30
Send a message via AIM to Ervin87
Are there any options for those of us who don't have PDC from the factory and would like to have it with the new D99 unit?

Ervin (Bay Area Detailer)
Ervin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #327
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin87 View Post
Are there any options for those of us who don't have PDC from the factory and would like to have it with the new D99 unit?
If the PDC is of OEM origin and is on the Can, then it should operate. If not then no i dont see how you will operate it.
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #328
Bondora

My Ride: 2004 330convertibles
Hello! New member who just bought a D99 for my 330ic

I just bought the non-android Dynavin D99 and installed in into my 2004 BMW 330ic convertible this past weekend and I have a few questions..
Why does the music (amps) cut out when switching menu screens and changing from park to reverse to drive etc?

How do I turn down the insanely loud volume when using blutooth to talk on the phone?
Thanks!

Is there any way to use my phone as a modem and gain internet access?
Bondora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #329
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Finally! UK distributors got hold of stock. Mine arrived today. Saving the proper install for the weekend but I've connected it up and had a play. First impressions were bad - sound quality was horrible. Removed my Sony Sound on Top amp and it's far better, which is excellent. I think I'm going to like it. Radio interface is excellent but its shame they went for big text for frequency and small text for RDS station name. Here in the UK RDS is so good that you never really care what the frequency is.

The interface is a bit clunky but I knew what I was getting in to with it so I can't really complain about that. Don't seem to be able to make it say BMW when it boots instead of Dynavin, though.

The OBC seems a bit touchy though. Sometimes when I hit the option it loads it, other times it doesnt. It doesn't seem to be related to how hard I touch or what I touch with either..

Is it just me or are the Radio preset buttons a bit useless? If you are in Nav mode... they don't do anything :p Which kinda defeats the point - if I'm in radio mode I can use the touch screen for radio presets..

Big question - anyone else found problems with the iPod interface? If I go to view my playlist, it orders the songs within the playlist in alphabetical order. This is a big nuisance. If I plug the ipod in with a Playlist already selected the Dynavin happily plays through the playlist in its correct order. But if I load a new playlist... it orders them in alphabetical order by song name.

Last edited by MaximumWalrus; 02-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #330
wshgrntd

My Ride: 2007 335i m-sport
Android users....i have had a love hate relationship with my dynavin...I have tethered it to my phone and have a renewed love for it. Pandora is awesome and google maps is great. cache the maps whenever you can to account for any data link loss.... Like Jeff said (paraphrasing) use as directed and you will be fine...
wshgrntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #331
jateshk

Question can android apps download from the computer be installed on the d99 or is the ONLY way of installing apps is through market? I have many nice andoid apps...can i install them through the SD card?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #332
EnDLeSs_27

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
Question can android apps download from the computer be installed on the d99 or is the ONLY way of installing apps is through market? I have many nice andoid apps...can i install them through the SD card?
Answer: Yes for SD card install.
EnDLeSs_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #333
ArmyAV8R

My Ride: 02 M3 Topaz Blue
On the win ce version of the D99 is it possible to continue streaming bluetooth audio while in nav mode?
ArmyAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #334
Bondora

My Ride: 2004 330convertibles
Please help

I just installed my Dynavin D99 in my 2004 330ic convertible..
Why does the clock revert back to military time (24 hour clock) everytime the power resets?
Why does the sound from my amplifiers cut out for about 3 seconds when I change radio stations or switch gears??

Anyone?
Bondora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #335
jateshk

is there bluetooth streaming in the android part or just the win ce part?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #336
E46er75

My Ride: 323i Vert, 330xi
I'm looking to purchase one and cannot find any info? Could someone please provide me with a link or some way to buy one? Thanks in advance!
E46er75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #337
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
is there bluetooth streaming in the android part or just the win ce part?
Neither.....the bluetooth streaming is part of the radio hardware, winCE runs the nav program, android is.....well android....

Read the FAQ on my website if you dont understand.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #338
E46er75

My Ride: 323i Vert, 330xi
Looking to buy android system. I checked the above ^ link "how to buy" and it says they are unavailable? When will they become available?
E46er75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #339
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46er75 View Post
I'm looking to purchase one and cannot find any info? Could someone please provide me with a link or some way to buy one? Thanks in advance!
http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavinsolutions/
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #340
J&T Distributing

They will be back in stock in a week or two.

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99