E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #441
EnDLeSs_27

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_325 View Post
anyone ran into this problem before?
turn the car off and the unit shuts off but music comes back on for a few sec's before making a pop like noise before stopping.
I have the same problem. Been happening for a while. But no one ever responded to my inquiries about this so it still does it. (my setting is set to common)

Quote:
Originally Posted by refill View Post
I am getting noticeable hissing/static noise when the D99 is on and not playing any audio. It is quite noticeable. I have factory AMP. Setup. I read somewhere to connect the blue AMP CON to my harness (http://dynavin.uncompiled.org/faq/installation). But no where else I have read said to do anything with this AMP CON wire, just to insulate it. What exactly is this AMP CON blue wire suppose to do?
I get the same hissing sound. I lowered my hissing sound by adjusting the bass and treb settings. But it is still noticeable. If there is a better solution for either of these problems please chime in.

Last edited by EnDLeSs_27; 03-25-2012 at 03:38 AM.
EnDLeSs_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #442
arcasb

My Ride: E46-320d
Hello Budds.... can anyone tell me, how to connect the Dynavin (E46-D99-Android) to the light dimmer of my main switch, b'coz the key button of the unit is too bright for me, specially at night.
Do i have to splice the illumination wire from the unit, but where should i have to connect it.

Many Thanks in advance...
arcasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #443
bloody2k

My Ride: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody2k View Post
I had this weird problem this morning. After starting my car, the unit boot and I go into android, but 20 sek after fully booted the unit reboot, not only android but also the D99 interface.
It keeps rebooting for about 20 min, and then it suddenly starts up fine.
During the rebootperiod it sometimes just shows the logo, but sometimes it reach the point were it starts playing music before rebooting again.
It even had about 5 min with black screen, with some impulses send to my subwoofer.

Anyone have an idea what happend?
I have been looking in to this problem, and found that the little black box, converting the canbus signal is the problem. Just touching the box on the outside will make the unit reboot, and some times not boot at all. :/

Will try contact dynavin directly, to get a new box.
bloody2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #444
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Poor bluetooth audio

Has anyone experienced poor bluetooth sound when making and receiving calls with the D99 paired to a phone?
I could be listening to someone talking and i may hear 3 out of 5 words clearly, the other 2 would be how should I say sound "electrically garbled"
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #445
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRob View Post
Has anyone experienced poor bluetooth sound when making and receiving calls with the D99 paired to a phone?
I could be listening to someone talking and i may hear 3 out of 5 words clearly, the other 2 would be how should I say sound "electrically garbled"
Hi Rob,

Ive not issues with incoming at all, but the callers have said my MIC isnt very loud on their end. I presume this might be the placement of the MIC on the left hand side of the unit (US style) rather than the right.
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #446
CTRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
Hi Rob,

Ive not issues with incoming at all, but the callers have said my MIC isnt very loud on their end. I presume this might be the placement of the MIC on the left hand side of the unit (US style) rather than the right.
Yeah it's really getting annoying to the point where i'm almost not answering calls in anticipation of how poor the sound quality will be
Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #447
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRob View Post
so the issue is you cant hear them? Have you deleted the pairing, and repaired, does it stream audio ok? What kind of phone is it? Where is your phone when this is happening?
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #448
CTRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
so the issue is you cant hear them? Have you deleted the pairing, and repaired, does it stream audio ok? What kind of phone is it? Where is your phone when this is happening?
I can hear some of the conversation clearly but a lot of it is garbled as in I cannot make out what the person says for a couple of seconds.
Yes I deleted the pairing and repaired that fixed the issue of the phone book entries being messed up on the Dynavin unit itself.
It is a Samsung Galaxy SII and the phone is located in the small pocket where the ODB connector resides (under the right hand side of the steering wheel probably on the left for you guys )
Phone was previously paired to a Dice Mediabridge which never ever had any bluetooth quality issues, phone calls were always flawless.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #449
J&T Distributing

what happens if you put the phone next to the dynavin, in the ashtray or cupholder for instance, and also try streaming some audio and see if it also is garbled. We need to narrow down the possible causes here....
Old 03-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #450
CTRob

Quote:
what happens if you put the phone next to the dynavin, in the ashtray or cupholder for instance, and also try streaming some audio and see if it also is garbled. We need to narrow down the possible causes here....
I see where you are going, I'll try this when I finish work thanks Jeff
Old 03-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #451
bloody2k

Quote:
I have been looking in to this problem, and found that the little black box, converting the canbus signal is the problem. Just touching the box on the outside will make the unit reboot, and some times not boot at all. :/

Will try contact dynavin directly, to get a new box.
So I was told to send the canbus box to my supplier.

Does any of you have experience in using the unit without this box?
Is it possible the supply the red wire with 12v and then make it boot?
And offcause ground too..
Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #452
J&T Distributing

Quote:
So I was told to send the canbus box to my supplier.

Does any of you have experience in using the unit without this box?
Is it possible the supply the red wire with 12v and then make it boot?
And offcause ground too..
your VW unit is wired very differently than the E46 units and the canbus unit works differently as well.....so this isnt the place to ask. But yes, if you provide 12v to the red wire it should turn on.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #453
bloody2k

Thanks Jeff.. I didn't know that there were such a difference..

I have been looking for an VW-forum, but couldn't find one.
This is just the best, if not only forum were people really talk about Dynavin, and are making roms.

The others I found has no activity at all.
So thumbs up for you BMW guys
Old 03-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #454
CTRob

Has anyone had any issues with phonebook entries not showing correctly in the Dynavin's phone book menu after syncing?
Sometimes it will just show the persons number instead of their name
Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #455
J&T Distributing

I havent heard any reports of that.....what kind of phone? Have you deleted the pairing from the phone and re-paired?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #456
CTRob

Quote:
I havent heard any reports of that.....what kind of phone? Have you deleted the pairing from the phone and re-paired?
Jeff I fixed this over the weekend, it seems my phone (galaxy II) allows multple phone book sources ie it can display my sim phonebook entries along with the phone's internal memory, my gmail contacts and even facebook contacts... it was just a matter off switching off displaying numbers that weren't stored in my phones actual memory then my conatcts displayed correctly on the D99.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #457
arcasb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
I installed a backup cam to my d99 e46. When the car is not on and only in accessory mode the camera works fine

When the car is running the camera does this.

Also, when the car is in reverse it only shows the PDC image. not the camera. Is there something I need to do to make it show the camera in reverse. (I already pressed 9 on my remote and changed the setting to video for reverse) And how do I fix the issue with the camera not working when the car is on, but it works when the car is not on. (I wired both the license plate lights + and - and the camera activation + and - to the same license plate + and -) I did this so the camera is always on when rather then only in reverse.
Hi,

You shouldn't connect the power supply of the cam into the license plate.

Since you want to have a backup cam, I suggest, to build an extra switch for the cam and no need to connect it to the reversegear or reverselight of the car.

With seperate switch u can just on/off whenever you want.

best regards
Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #458
arcasb

7. Android Nav is only playing through my front speakers. If I go into the main Dynavin settings screen: Nav sound off gives me no sound, Nav sound on gives me sound only in the fronts. I want the Android to be my MP3 music player. All 4 speakers play when the source is on the main board.
8. Android volume control is not scaled properly and it's not connected to any of the physical buttons. If Android has 10 volume steps, I have: Off, Really Loud, Even Louder, speakers blown, speakers blown, speakers blown, speakers blown, speakers blown, speakers blown, speakers blown.
Both of these were solved by Jeff, I had the settings wrong. Android works fine now, which is a very important factor.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I just want to clarify it, you mean if you play songs from android player, the sounds coming out through all the car speakers now, after the correct setup!?

How did you do the settings, can you please tell me that settings...

Many Thanks!!

best regards,
billy
Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #459
Bmw4reg

My Ride: X5 4.4i, e36 m3
Sorry complete noob to the dynavin and I cannot locate my answer thru search, does anyone know if it will charge my iPhone once it is connected? Also any word if they will come out with an update to display the OBC info in SAE? I wish the us will just switch to metric already.
Bmw4reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #460
col panic

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw4reg View Post
Sorry complete noob to the dynavin and I cannot locate my answer thru search, does anyone know if it will charge my iPhone once it is connected? Also any word if they will come out with an update to display the OBC info in SAE? I wish the us will just switch to metric already.
Yes, it charges your iPhone. I highly doubt that there will be an update to the OBC display but you never know. Dynavin hardly ever updates anything that is already sold. New features and fixes tend to end up in the next model (the D100?)
col panic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99