E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #621
snowdogdb

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
Send a message via MSN to snowdogdb
Can anyone tell me how to set the proper time offset on the WinCE side for Navigation?
My unit is showing GMT time, and I'd like to see Pacific. I've played around with the settings screens but not seen any setting like this.
The answer may be in another thread, and I appologize ahead of time if this is an answer I could have found on my own; but I swear I've red through a few hundred posts and not found anything yet
snowdogdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #622
tjosen40

My Ride: BMW 520i Touring
Hi

I have the same problems with the Air condition as you after installing the Dynavin.

It turns on and of, sometimes it also adjust the temperature by itselfe. Sometimes the air fan rises by itselfe as well.

Im driving a BMW 520i Touring 2003 modell

Did you find any solution on this problem?

Best Regards
Ove
tjosen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #623
tjosen40

My Ride: BMW 520i Touring
Dynavin and AC issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post
Had my D99 installed for about 6-8 weeks now. I love it. Sure there are some downright crappy aspects and irrtitating bugs but I knew they were there before I bought it. The iPod playlist thing where it sorts playlists by track name NOT playlist order is particularly annoying, but never mind. When it works its so good I could forgive it anything.

I do have two remaining odd issues.

Sometimes, perhaps 1 in 5 times, when I turn the car on the Dynavin doesn't turn on. I have to switch it on with the power switch.

This one is odd. Remember that guy with the E46 who said he thought his Dynavin was interfering with his climate control and we all told him that wouldnt have been the case? Every since installing the unit, every so often my climate display turns off and back on again sometimes at random. It's infrequent but directly co-related with the installation of the Dynavin. Seems to be behaving a bit oddly since the install...
Hi

I have the same problems with the Air condition as you after installing the Dynavin.

It turns on and of, sometimes it also adjust the temperature by itselfe. Sometimes the air fan rises by itselfe as well.

Im driving a BMW 520i Touring 2003 modell

Did you find any solution on this problem?

Best Regards
Ove
tjosen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #624
Gully

My Ride: E46 M3
Hi All,
Iam from the UK and new to the forum.
I have installed a D99 Android unit and the DVD drive is not working, my car is an M3 with no satnav, just a CD Changer in the trunk.
I finished the install and Radio, Satnav, TV, Wifi all work but the discs load but dont play, (Music and DVD).
I have removed both plugs from the exsisting CD Changer but still cant get discs to play.
I have also search this and many forums for some answer to what might have happened but i cant find anything to help me solve this problem.
I would be very greatfull if anyone can help me to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #625
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Did you take the shipping screws out of the top of the unit? Red tag with two screws that hold the drive secure during shipping.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #626
Gully

Hi Jeff, Thanks for reply.
I didnt take any transit screws out as I had never heard about this.
I will check and see if this is the problem.
I do appreciate your help on this Jeff.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #627
Gully

Thanks Jeff,
I followed your advise and it seems in my rush to get it installed i had overlooked these transit screws.
All is working fine now.
Thanks again
Old 07-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #628
f-x

My Ride: a nice car
Dual Zone

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, but there is one burning question I have that I can not find an answer for yet.
Is it possible to play a dvd on attached screen through AV-out and have navigation on the main dynavin unit?

I assume more people have kids that like to watch dvd on the backseat, especially on long road trips, and where you also need navigation in the front.

Is this possible? I know it works with Pioneer sets, but I like the looks of the Dynavin better.

Thank you.
f-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #629
Tom330

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
Frustrated...please help

Frustrated...please help
I've searched the forums, but can't find answers to the following issues I'm having with my windows Dynavin D99 recently installed.
1) DISPLAY: totally washed out in daylight, and not just direct sun, but any ambient light. Horrible. I've adjusted the brightness/contrast settings, but they did not make a discernible difference. Any suggestions?
2) NAV ALERT VOICE:!how do you turn off navigation voice constantly indicating 'gps signal lost' and 'red light camera? Can you turn that off w/o turning off turn by turn voice guidance?
3) PDC: my car doesn't have PDC, however when you place the car in reverse, music cuts out, and the pdc screen (with random indicators of objects) displays. How do you turn that off? I want music, not false pdc visualizations:/

Thanks for any help. With these fixed I might appreciate this thing instead of despise it like I do now...
Tom330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #630
moiz21

My Ride: 1999 323i 5-SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom330 View Post
Frustrated...please help
I've searched the forums, but can't find answers to the following issues I'm having with my windows Dynavin D99 recently installed.
1) DISPLAY: totally washed out in daylight, and not just direct sun, but any ambient light. Horrible. I've adjusted the brightness/contrast settings, but they did not make a discernible difference. Any suggestions?
2) NAV ALERT VOICE:!how do you turn off navigation voice constantly indicating 'gps signal lost' and 'red light camera? Can you turn that off w/o turning off turn by turn voice guidance?
3) PDC: my car doesn't have PDC, however when you place the car in reverse, music cuts out, and the pdc screen (with random indicators of objects) displays. How do you turn that off? I want music, not false pdc visualizations:/

Thanks for any help. With these fixed I might appreciate this thing instead of despise it like I do now...
Not sure about the first 2, but #3: In order to get that deactivated, you would need to contact your vendor who sold you the Dynavin. They can re-program something in the Dynavin to remove the PDC option when going into reverse.

MODS
P46 Projectors + FX-R Retrofit + 6k D2S / 60 LED AE's / Smoked LED Tails / Smoked Turn and Side Markers / BSW 10" Sub /ZHP Knob / Matte Black Grills / DICE / Parrot + Connects2 / OEM Alternative Alarm Mod / Clutch Switch Delay Mod / M3 Rep Front Bumper / 3M Black CF Di-Noc Wrap / K&N Intake / 35% Tint All Around / Black Short Eurotray / 545i Shifter
moiz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #631
330touring

My Ride: 330d touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Its going to vary depending on what info is available/compatible on any given car. I think this screen is of limited usefullness but it is interesting to look at things like voltage, engine temp, etc... for diagnostic purposes..... Maybe others could post what they see or dont see based on their model and options.

Here is what I see on my E92, 335i manual trans. (and yes it is in metric, and no it can not be changed to SAE, not that I know of at least)

Itís not a big deal, but since the screen has a symbol that indicate something that looks like transmission temp, and transmission temp is present in the diagnostic program (auto tranny), why donít the temp. appear on the obc screen? The same when it comes to volt.

My car is a 2003 330dat
330touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #632
J&T Distributing

no trans temp there....oil, water, engine, outside temp. The unit will display what is available to it, not all cars are going to display everything, in fact, most cars will be missing something.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #633
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
ugh I want one of these so badly. I just don't want to rip it open right away though b/c my interior is blue, and I'd have to either change the dynavin or everything else
Old 07-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #634
J&T Distributing

I assume you mean you have blue LEDs...... Because otherwise that would be pretty weird....
Old 07-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #635
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
Yup. I couldhave a set of orange and a set of blue though lol. Grom on blue, dynavin on orange
Old 07-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #636
Tom330

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
Thanks moiz21. I don't live near the place where I bought the unit, so unfortunately having them reprogram it to remove the PDC interruption won't be feasible. It's a shame that at this point I'm wishing I had my factory tape deck and dice iPod integration back in the car At least they worked well for what they were...
Tom330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #637
SwissX5

My Ride: X5
I got excatly the same problem

Hi Rob
Did you ever resolve this issue? My unit is doing the exact same thing! Every 3-4 minutes the backup image of the car graphic appears.
I contacted the Dynavin in Taiwan and they told me they would email me some "canbus" firmware update/ But three days later I never received that update.
What is your situation now? Did you have this problem fixed?
Thank you
Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRob View Post
Hi folks,

Hoping someone here may help.
My D99 has a reverse camera (bought from ebay) wired into it which auto switches when the car is shifted into reverse.

Problem is every 60 seconds or so the unit displays the top down image of a car (the same image that would show if you had PDC on your car).
When this happens the music cuts temporarily, then the image disappears and audio returns and everything is normal until roughly 60 seconds again when the above repeats itself

Can't understand what is wrong but it is very frustrating

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I have tested 2 units both an Android and a Wince (e39) unit so i'm guessing it is the unit trying to report an issue with the reverse cam the annoying thing here is the reverse cam works fine during reverse - disconnecting the camera from the D99 resolves the issue but then no camera usage

Appreicate any help.
SwissX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #638
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissX5 View Post
Hi Rob
Did you ever resolve this issue? My unit is doing the exact same thing! Every 3-4 minutes the backup image of the car graphic appears.
I contacted the Dynavin in Taiwan and they told me they would email me some "canbus" firmware update/ But three days later I never received that update.
What is your situation now? Did you have this problem fixed?
Thank you
Markus
Hi just replied to your PM.

If your car is an e39 like mine you will need a relay installed between the power and the reverse camera itself.

E39's seem to trickle voltage to the camera setting it off periodically which is why your Dynavin think the car is constantly going into reverse - most frustrating but a replay will fix this 100%
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #639
dcloney1

My Ride: '04 320d Sport Turbo
Pre-Install

Hey,
Im installing my D99 WinCE next weekend and I just had a few questions I'd like to know the answer to before I pay my supplier. (Sadly not Jeff as I live in Ireland and we agreed it would not be practical in case i had a problem and needed to send it back )
Ive read all 32 pages on this Forum so if my questions are answered somewhere else please feel free to point it out because i didnt find them.

1)If i press and hold the voice control button on the steering wheel does it activate the voice control on my phone?
My phone is an iPhone4 and the voice control works perfectly over my current bluetooth headset so the feature is definitely on the phone.

2)Has anyone tried connecting an AV video input to the unit and if yes how?

3)Can you change tracks on your bluetooth connected device streaming music using steering wheel controls? I'd imagine not but worth asking.

Cheers for the help.

Last edited by dcloney1; 07-19-2012 at 07:24 AM.
dcloney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #640
J&T Distributing

1) No the dynavin does not do voice control of your phone.

2) Yes, the dynavin has a set of RCA style A/V inputs.....just plug in an appropriate cable.

3) Yes, play/pause, track forward/back work in bluetooth (depends on the phone though, I suppose, works with iphones)

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99