E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #21
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I'd bet my bacon is healthier than your turkey bacon. And don't be scared of saturated fats. Why are you?

I'd love to know the ingredients of yours and all the nutrition facts

This is from butterball's turkey bacon

Ingredients: (White Turkey, Mechanically Separated Turkey, Dark Turkey), Water, Sugar, Salt, contains 2% or less of Canola Oil, Sun Flower Oil, Natural Flavor, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite.

Looks like an awful lot of garbage.

1 slice of mine is
35 cals
3g fat
2g pro

The ingredients in mind are pork, water, sea salt, brown sugar

I'd be shocked if there is a person on the planet that would rather have a dog treat over this bacon. btw, why don't you eat all the yolks?
how much and how often do you eat bacon? how about eggs?
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #22
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
i usually make my egg muffin stove top, takes 5 min. english muffin in the toaster, i'll usually do a slice of cheese instead of bacon, quicker, one less thing to cook...

toaster on, english muffin in
egg fried on a hot pan, little oil, non-stick
flip and add cheese
english muffin toasted
voila...

i need my egg muffin to be over easy and still runny... ugh that yolk

i usually add some ground pepper as well after the flip
Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
how much and how often do you eat bacon? how about eggs?
I'd say about 24 eggs a week and about 12oz one package of bacon
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
JJR4884

holy cholesteral solly, 3.5 eggs a day...
Old 03-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
You assumed I get the turkey bacon you saw. But I don't. I buy only uncured turkey bacon. Minimally processed, no nitrate, no artificial ingredients.

Ingredients:
turkey thighs, water, sea salt, raw sugar, celery powder, paprika, onion powder, spice.

1 slice (28g):

30 calories
1.5g fat, 0 sat fat
cholesterol 25mg
sodium 180mg
sugar 0
protein 6g

Now tell me which one is better. Mine or your turkey bacon?
It took me a while to find this turkey bacon. It tastes ****ing good. I eat 8 slices every day for lunch.

For eggs, I buy egg whites in container. I buy organic cage free dozen eggs. I use half from egg white container and 4 whole eggs. Don't have to throw away any yolks.

You should be afraid of sat fat. Latest studies show sat fat from red meats is one of major causes for reduced life expectancy and cardiovascular diseases. Your body does need sat fat, but from healthy sources. FDA recommends 30gm of sat fat a day. I get about 20gm a day from nuts and eggs.

You're forgetting about calorie quality; one 1 carb from whole wheat is not equal to 1 carb of white wheat. Same with proteins and fats.

Quote:
I'd bet my bacon is healthier than your turkey bacon. And don't be scared of saturated fats. Why are you?

I'd love to know the ingredients of yours and all the nutrition facts

This is from butterball's turkey bacon

Ingredients: (White Turkey, Mechanically Separated Turkey, Dark Turkey), Water, Sugar, Salt, contains 2% or less of Canola Oil, Sun Flower Oil, Natural Flavor, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite.

Looks like an awful lot of garbage.

1 slice of mine is
35 cals
3g fat
2g pro

The ingredients in mind are pork, water, sea salt, brown sugar

I'd be shocked if there is a person on the planet that would rather have a dog treat over this bacon. btw, why don't you eat all the yolks?

Last edited by z00; 03-16-2012 at 06:53 PM.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #26
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
holy cholesteral solly, 3.5 eggs a day...
Dietary cholesterol does not affect blood cholesterol. This eggs are bad for you myth needs to die. Hopefully I can help kill it

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18726564

and for 12 more links click here and look at the second comment
http://www.reddit.com/r/Paleo/commen...eggs_per_week/

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
You assumed I get the turkey bacon you saw. But I don't. I buy only uncured turkey bacon. Minimally processed, no nitrate, no artificial ingredients.

Ingredients:
turkey thighs, water, sea salt, raw sugar, celery powder, paprika, onion powder, spice.

1 slice (28g):

30 calories
1.5g fat, 0 sat fat
cholesterol 25mg
sodium 180mg
sugar 0
protein 6g

Now tell me which one is better. Mine or your turkey bacon?
It took me a while to find this turkey bacon. It tastes ****ing good. I eat 8 slices every day for lunch.

For eggs, I buy egg whites in container. I buy organic cage free dozen eggs. I use half from egg white container and 4 whole eggs. Don't have to throw away any yolks.

You should be afraid of sat fat. Latest studies show sat fat from red meats is one of major causes for reduced life expectancy and cardiovascular diseases. Your body does need sat fat, but from healthy sources. FDA recommends 30gm of sat fat a day. I get about 20gm a day from nuts and eggs.

You're forgetting about calorie quality; one 1 carb from whole wheat is not equal to 1 carb of white wheat. Same with proteins and fats.
oh, that study that said red meat leads to more deaths but the meat eaters were fatter, worked out less, smokers, and drank alcohol. That study has already been refuted because of all the holes in it.

I highly doubt you'll even read this but here
http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2012/03/r...l-bad-science/

soo, I'm still not sure why your bacon is better.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21978979

Last edited by DylloS; 03-16-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #27
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I have read the links you mentioned. But have you?

I think food is all about moderation. I like eggs myself just had 2 raw eggs in my shake, yummy.

I eat lean red meat almost every day (burger 96% lean or lamb). Each study will have its gaps. But look at healthiest populations like in Japan, people there don't eat much red meat. I'm an advocate of lean unprocessed red meats in moderation.

As far as the bacon, are you serious man? Yours got 35cal per slice, mine got 30cal with 6g of protein, yours got 2g. More fat in yours. Calorie quality of mine is way better than yours. We're after the protein after all. Right?

Quote:
Dietary cholesterol does not affect blood cholesterol. This eggs are bad for you myth needs to die. Hopefully I can help kill it

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18726564

and for 12 more links click here and look at the second comment
http://www.reddit.com/r/Paleo/commen...eggs_per_week/

oh, that study that said red meat leads to more deaths but the meat eaters were fatter, worked out less, smokers, and drank alcohol. That study has already been refuted because of all the holes in it.

I highly doubt you'll even read this but here
http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2012/03/r...l-bad-science/

soo, I'm still not sure why your bacon is better.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21978979
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #28
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I have read the links you mentioned. But have you?

I think food is all about moderation. I like eggs myself just had 2 raw eggs in my shake, yummy.

I eat lean red meat almost every day (burger 96% lean or lamb). Each study will have its gaps. But look at healthiest populations like in Japan, people there don't eat much red meat. I'm an advocate of lean unprocessed red meats in moderation.

As far as the bacon, are you serious man? Yours got 35cal per slice, mine got 30cal with 6g of protein, yours got 2g. More fat in yours. Calorie quality of mine is way better than yours. We're after the protein after all. Right?
No, I get plenty of protein from other sources. I don't even consider the protein.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #29
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
damn sollyd this is a good ass idea. i'm doing this too from now on
Old 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #30
Chrissy

My Ride: 335i
You can microwave eggs like that in a coffee cup too if you're in a big rush. 1-2 minutes
Old 04-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #31
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
You can microwave eggs like that in a coffee cup too if you're in a big rush. 1-2 minutes
This works well. Spray some pam in that ****, throw in the egg, toss a little S&P, 1minute, boom.

You can cook your bacon for these sammies in adv too... just cook enough for the week and fridge em. Throw in the toaster oven with your muffin while you microwave the egg.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #32
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
don't quote me but not only is microwaving something raw to cooked absolutely disgusting, i did read somewhere that you really aren't supposed to do that with eggs... too lazy to look for it so take it with a grain of salt
Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #33
aeorozco

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via Yahoo to aeorozco
ok soooooooooo ....Q

Wouldnt these be kinda nasty all cold? Or is it just me that the thought of cold scrambled eggs doesnt appeal??