E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #81
wanganstyle

My Ride: 1998 M3 / 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks View Post
Clarification: rare issue seen mostly on Euro motors and a few US motors built with alternate BMW service parts that do not match the spec of original BMW parts.

Issue resolved at this point with a modification of the design to accomodate the alternate bolts.
Common issue with UUC products: do not fit with original oem bmw parts and blaming bmw or missing parts from order.

The bolt head issue happens on engines as early as usa model 1991 / 1992 m50 non vanos and with USA ONLY 1996-1999 S52 engine as well. Known publicized issues.

No reason to put "euro engine" as the current scapegoat for an aftermarkwt part.

Aftermarket items are supposed to be designed to fit with OEM BMW parts: when they don't fit it is not the fault of bmw.

Your uuc twin disc interferes with Usa engines built with usa original parts. Technica motorsports supplied one turbo built engine kit and TRM supplied the other built turbo engine set. Absolutely no issues with fit for either TRM or TECHNICA engine set.

Both uuc twin disc units you sent me went on s52 engines (usa only engine) and both had bolt clearance issues - I shipped my client both s52 engines from california as s52 is a usa only engine.

California is a state in the usa west coast: bolt clearance issue is not at all accociated with euro engines.

Blaming bmw and euro engines is bs- you can find photos of this usa s52 engine converted to double vanos with built turbo internals posted in bfc for all to see.

2.0mm needed to be removed from the bolt heads- my client was furious.

Also we have been waiting 4+ months for the bbk calipers he paid for back in july 2012.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Bimmer App

LSD dreamers thread

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14989087
WSG Billet CNC LSD production Development
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...pdate-backdate
S54B32+E36 1997 M3 Sedan+DTA S100 alpha N
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1437471

Last edited by wanganstyle; 02-01-2013 at 01:44 AM.
wanganstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #82
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanganstyle View Post
Common issue with UUC products: do not fit with original oem bmw parts and blaming bmw or missing parts from order.

The bolt head issue happens on engines as early as usa model 1991 / 1992 m50 non vanos and with USA ONLY 1996-1999 S52 engine as well. Known publicized issues.
Haoming, please do not re-hash an issue that has been clarified in other threads and especially when your information is not accurate.

The rare (less than 1% of the orders shipped worldwide) instance of this problem has affected only some Euro motors, and some US motors that have been rebuilt with a part that differs from BMW's original spec and a very few early non-vanos engines.

Again, all new UUC Twin Disk product has been modified to accommodate this alternate hardware and the problem has been eliminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanganstyle View Post
Also we have been waiting 4+ months for the bbk calipers he paid for back in july 2012.
Please review the email I have just sent you. Calipers were shipped with the original order, I believe we are dealing with a theft somewhere in the shipping system between USA and Malaysia.

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

ALL CURRENT UUC SPECIALS:
-[ CLICK HERE ]
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #83
wanganstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks View Post
Haoming, please do not re-hash an issue that has been clarified in other threads and especially when your information is not accurate.

The rare (less than 1% of the orders shipped worldwide) instance of this problem has affected only some Euro motors, and some US motors that have been rebuilt with a part that differs from BMW's original spec and a very few early non-vanos engines.

Again, all new UUC Twin Disk product has been modified to accommodate this alternate hardware and the problem has been eliminated.

Please review the email I have just sent you. Calipers were shipped with the original order, I believe we are dealing with a theft somewhere in the shipping system between USA and Malaysia.
I know of 4 twin discs (3 usa and one euro engine) with such defect- so you have sold more than 400 units and more than 396 units were without defect?

I know of 3 incidents (2 u sent to me) - all with usa engines. What is the chance statistically of this?
All 4 of these engines are with genuine original bmw bolts and rear main seal cover. None with any aftermarket bolts or aftermarket rear main seal cover.

Both mine went on s52 engines- we all know s52 is usa only- dont blame bmw for your design problem. Don't blame your customers either as we pay you and sustain your existence-

Absolutely no theft during shipping. This would have been reported immediately to air carrier and you- and package rejected if damaged or opened during transit.

This would be responsibility of you to have caught missing parts due to loss.in transit and file a loss claim with the carrier asap- it is always the shippers responsibility to file claims for losses and catch that parts were lost in transit- not the customers responsiblity.

Your own words during the entire q3/q4 was that no calipers were even in stock. In addition you lied to me in july 2012 about the reason why the bbk was delayed: I dont believe you one bit now.

I have sent over 100k of my own goods via air and sea to malaysia with no items lost in transmission.
TRM and TECHNICA motorsports have also had nothing lost in air freight to bm world in Malaysia.

Both uuc twin disc units also arrived safely at my place and safely in Malaysia in my packaged crate with 9x miller war kits and both TRM and TECHNICA built.engine sets. Absolutely no items were "lost" in transit.

Why does uuc "loose an item in transit" and now place the blame on the air carrier 5 months later?

LSD dreamers thread

Last edited by wanganstyle; 02-01-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #84
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
Haoming, let's not get into a silly and pointless discussion online. Now that you're throwing around all sorts of accusations both here and in private email, I'm less inclined to do a point by point feeding of your desire to repost.

We will resolve your brake kit order privately. Overseas theft of product by shipping companies is indeed something that USA companies suffer with, and I know it costs this company thousands of dollars every year. You and I will resolve this properly via private email.

And the answer is YES - we have sold hundreds of our Twin Disk package in the last several months. Hundreds of people with the exact same S52 engine that do not have this problem. You have seen the supporting posts.

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

ALL CURRENT UUC SPECIALS:
-[ CLICK HERE ]
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #85
wanganstyle

Ok-
I'll let the statistics of clutch fit show themselves over time.

If you have truely sold 99% perfect and only 1% defect then according to my 4 known defects statistics it would mean over 400 units and roughly 480k intake of capital;

pegging cost at 65% would leave a gross profit of roughly 168k of gross profit. So you should have had more than enough capital to pay for the willwood caliper production run or produce them in house like the e30bbk kit.

You refused to give my client a refund after another uuc employee refunded him when he called to complain in q3 2012. He was immediately re-charged again for the item just refunded. Seems like a short capital situation to me.

As I have stated in the past openly:

Clutch looks beautiful and works great.
First run issues will happen and better to admit to than deny completely.

Both my units were likely first run units and had the issue- if you could be more proactive with known issues it would help uuc sell much more product!!

If you are indeed pushing so much volume of this item you should be well off enough to at least send the customers with defective units a $20 set of high grade low profile bolts???

Please answer the questions in my email:
Im in the same boat as u.

We all just want the uuc calipers to show up!!!!

LSD dreamers thread

Last edited by wanganstyle; 02-02-2013 at 01:49 AM.