E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
Eddy@APEXraceparts
www.apexraceparts.com

My Ride: E30 M3, 540i/6
Send a message via AIM to Eddy@APEXraceparts
Thumbs Up APEX 18" ARC-8 Wheel Group Buy (Round #5 & #6)

APEX ARC-8 Wheel Group Buy (Round #5 & #6)

This Group Buy is now CLOSED

Due to hundreds of requests from members, we are hosting more Group Buys for the ARC-8 wheels
Customers have been inquiring about this specific round since October 2011
Other sizes will be available in upcoming Group Buys throughout the year
This Group Buy is listed on multiple forums: M3Forums, Bimmerforums, E46Fanatics, ZPost, E90Post & M3Post
The more members that sign up, the lower the price will be for everyone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note the size restrictions for Round #5 and #6
There is no minimum member requirement to receive the 1st tier discount!
Discounts increase as additional members sign up for each size

Group Buy #5 Discounts and Sizes
Wheels can be purchased in any combination (square or staggered) from the below list. No other combinations available

Sizes Available:
18x 9.5" ET35 - 18.85lbs - Retail $314 each
18x10.0" ET25 - 19.95lbs - Retail $324 each
18x10.5" ET27 - 20.45lbs - Retail $344 each

1 -10 Buyers = Retail Price + FREE Shipping*
11-20 Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*
21-30 Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*
31-40 Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*
41-45 Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*
46 + Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*

MAX DISCOUNT REACHED!

Official PAID member list:
1. Sanju R.
2. Darren K.
3. Aaron M.
4. Evan B.
5. Kevin L.
6. William T.
7. Alex B.
8. Patrick S.
9. Nicholas R.
10. Mike C.
11. Paul H.
12. Benjamin O.
13. John A.
14. Vincent M.
15. Philip O.
16. Christian C.
17. Andrew W.
18. Arash K.
19. Jin Y.
20. Kalson C.
21. Richard S.
22. James C.
23. Simon H.
24. Chris C.
25. Andrei L.
26. Alexander G.
27. Christopher H.
28. Leslie D.
29. Carlos F.
30. Wes W.
31. Matthew C.
32. Ivan S.
33. Michael R.
34. Patty C.
35. Gary B.
36. Eric K.
37. Eric T.
38+39. John C.
40. Scott S.
41. Dmitri G.
42. Salvador B.
43. Mark C.
44. Michael S.
45. Ken L.
46. James R.
47. Sean T.
48. Ray P.
49. Ethan C.
50. Greg O.
51. John M.
52. Ryan M.
53. Ryan B.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Group Buy #6 Discount and Sizes
Must select a size from the "front" list, and a size from the "rear" list to create a staggered setup. No square setups of the same size. No sizes from the same category.

Front Sizes Available:
18x8.5" ET38 - 18.45lbs - Retail $289 each
18x9.0" ET42 - 18.65lbs - Retail $299 each
18x9.5" ET22 - 19.10lbs - Retail $314 each

Rear Sizes Available:
18x9.5" ET35 - 18.85lbs - Retail $314 each
18x10.0" ET25 - 19.95lbs - Retail $324 each
18x10.5" ET27 - 20.45lbs - Retail $344 each

1 -10 Buyers = Retail Price + FREE Shipping*
11-19 Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*
20-29 Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*
30-34 Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*
35-39 Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*
40 + Buyers = XXX OFF SET & FREE Shipping*

Official PAID member list:
1. John S.
2. Tim T.
3. Shane B.
4. Kenneth B.
5. James W.
6. Matthew S.
7. Andreas M.
8. Vladimir F
9. Anton G.
10. Ryan H.
11. Blair W.
12. Scott B.
13. Hsiao-Wei
14. Michael R.
15. Peter F.
16. Thotsakhan X.
17. Gerald T.
18. Matt G.
19. Francisco P.
20. Martin M.
21. Martin M.
22. Martin M.

Group Buy Details:

Official Open Date = January 24th
Official Close Date = February 2nd
Product Ship Date = February 13th

Free Shipping*
Free Shipping is available to members in the 48 mainland states
Alaska, Hawaii, and International members will receive a $75 credit off the actual cost of shipping
non-mainland/international members: please contact us prior to ordering for a shipping quote
We'll either send you an invoice, or a code to adjust your order

Local Pickup Discount:
Local customers who pick up their set will receive a $35 discount on their order.

When do these ship?:

CURRENT ETA: February 13th
This is a Pre-order Group Buy. Wheels do not ship the day after making payment like a traditional order
All orders should ship by February 13th, many will ship before the 13th
Some of these wheels are currently in production and scheduled to arrive at our facility the first week of Feb
We will ship those out within 3 business days of container arrival
Customs/Port delays can add an extra 1 week delay, but its rare
We cannot guarantee an exact ETA date. Our estimates have historically been conservative and within +/- one week of our ETA date
We will keep everyone up to date of even minor changes if they occur via this thread

Finish Availability
Finish availability will be offered on a first-come-first-serve basis
Members will now have the option to select between 3 choices at checkout regarding their finish choice

#1 Only accept the original finish choice
If it's out of stock, the order will be automatically cancelled at the close of the Group Buy

#2 Select an alternative finish choice
If the first choice is no longer available, the order will be adjusted to the secondary finish choice
If the secondary choice is also unavailable, the order will automatically be cancelled
If for any reason you don't care what finish you get, please note that in the comment field at checkout
We will determine adjustments at the close of the group buy based on one of two methods
If the max tier is reached, then any finish adjustments needed would be based solely on order of payment received
If the max tier is not reached, then orders will be adjusted in a way to maximize the number of participants, thus reaching the highest tier possible for the group as a whole
In this second scenario, priority will be allocated to members ordering staggered setups of a low availability finish, in order to create the most sets possible

#3 The option to wait until the first finish choice is back in stock
If there is enough inventory, wheels would ship right away to these customers
If it is out of stock, then the order will be back-ordered
We have another huge batch of wheels that is almost complete, and they will be arriving in March
Members who select this option will lock in their discount pricing and are guaranteed to receive their first finish choice
This is ideal for those who can wait if needed, and are unwilling pick an alternative finish
In previous Group Buys, all members would wait 4-6 weeks after the close date of the Group Buy to receive their wheels, so this format is not new
We are looking at the same exact time line for the next large shipment arrival, and we'll have a much more accurate ETA date in a few weeks, so there will be no surprises

How do I join? Payments and Sign-up info
This Group Buy is now CLOSED
Absolutely no late sign-ups will be accepted after midnight February 2nd Pacific time

Discount Tiers
The price you pay at sign up is based on how many members are currently signed up
At the close of the Group Buy, everyone's order/payment will be adjusted to the final discount tier reached
Your card or PayPal account will be authorized for the going rate, and then charged for the final price reached (the lowest price)
At the end, everyone pays the same price
There is zero advantage in signing up at the last minute
Early sign-ups promote others to sign-up, so don't sabotage your own discount

Refunds
There are NO refunds on Group Buy orders. Group Buys are special order, which is why payment is taken in advance
Only replacement of defective, or mis-shipped products are available
Members cannot change colors or sizes after receipt for Group Buy orders
If you would like a traditional 30 Day return policy then we recommend purchasing at the retail price, and not via the Group Buy

Wheel Details:

Manufacturing process:
All APEX wheels are flow-formed resulting in a light weight, track and street worthy wheel
Flow-forming significantly reduces weight in the barrel by rolling the barrel out into it's final shape using large wheels/disks applying high pressure
This step is the same step that monoblock forged wheels go through to shape their barrels
By doing this, the flow-formed wheel's barrel has the same density and strength as the barrel of a fully forged wheel
This significantly reduces rotational mass at the furthest point from the center, which is the most important weight savings area on a wheel.

Strength:
These wheels are fully JWL/VIA certified. Strength testing was done by the VIA in Japan
Don't be fooled by competitors that claim to be certified, but cannot provide registration numbers
There are vendors on this forum selling wheels that are not certified, yet they claim they are. Scary stuff!
CLICK HERE to see all VIA registration numbers

Misc.
Comes with carbon-look APEX center caps
Accepts OEM Roundel center caps
Does not come with valve stems
Installs using your factory lugs or a stud conversion
Accepts all wheel spacers including 5mm while still remaining hub-centric
TPMS compatible

Satin Black

Hyper Black

Anthracite

Last edited by Eddy@APEXraceparts; 02-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Eddy@APEXraceparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
MasterC17

My Ride: hates A/C & Sunroofs
MasterC17
18x9.5" ET35 - x4
Hyper Silver

1. masterc17 - 18x9.5 et35 - hyper silver - e46fanatics

Last edited by MasterC17; 01-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.
MasterC17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
I might be in for a set. Gotta check offsets for the new car...

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
i really really hope theres something like 50 people sign up because id love to get a set of 9.5's for 1k flat shipped
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #6
Alanz0

My Ride: 325i
Yessssssss
Alanz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Eddy@APEXraceparts
www.apexraceparts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
i really really hope theres something like 50 people sign up because id love to get a set of 9.5's for 1k flat shipped
Quote:
Yessssssss

Add your names to the list. You're not committed to buying. Without names on a list, members won't know how many people are planning to join.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
GMATT

My Ride: BMW
In for 5 (five) 18x8.5 in hyper silver..................... low post count, but very active on zhpmafia.com

Gary

Last edited by GMATT; 01-11-2012 at 06:58 PM.
GMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
Eddy@APEXraceparts
www.apexraceparts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMATT View Post
In for 5 (five) 18x8.5 in hyper silver..................... low post count, but very active on zhpmafia.com

Gary
Gary,

18x8.5" ET38's are not available in that combination via this Group Buy. It's an inventory issue, otherwise it would have been offered.

There will be another Group Buy in the very near future for that fitment combo
Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
Eddy@APEXraceparts
www.apexraceparts.com

updated feeler list

Round #5
1. 99GREENM3- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Silver - Bimmerforums
2. Ramp1- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Silver- M3Forum.net
3. ///M3AN ONE- 18x10" ET25- Satin Black- M3Forum.net
4. M Nectar- 18x9.5" ET35- unspecified- M3Forum.net
5. tlarocque- 18x9.5" ET35- Satin Black- M3Forum.net
6. Beetroot- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Black- M3Forum.net
7. jibbonacci- 18x9.5" ET35- unspecified- M3Forum.net
8. AXDB- 18x9.5" ET35- Anthracite- M3Forum.net
9. stash1- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Silver- M3Forum.net
10. MasterC17- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Silver- E46Fanatics.com
11. conedrac- 18x9.5/18x10- Hyper Black - M3Forum.net

Round #6
1. PowerM3- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5"- Hyper Black- M3Forum.net
2. Kennyfrc- 18x9" ET42- 18x10" ET25- Hyper Black- Zpost.com
3. a_riddler- 18x9.5" ET22- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Black- Zpost.com
4. baldTyres- 18x9" ET42- 18x10" ET25- Satin Black- Zpost.com
5. johanness- 18x9.5"ET35- 18x10" ET25- Hyper Silver- Zpost.com
6. SmartBastard- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5"- Anthracite- Zpost.com - need to select different rear wheel
7. Cliffhopper- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5"- unspecified- Zpost.com - need to select different rear wheel
8. Imperial Sloth- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5" ET35- unspecified- E90Post.com
9. Kenshin223- 18x9.5" ET22- 18x10.5" ET27- Hyper Silver -Bimmerforums.com
10. kosh2k- 18x9" ET42- 18x10" ET25- Satin Black- Zpost.com

This list will constantly be updated, and it is not a commitment to buy as listed. It's just used as a general feeler. You will select your final size and color choice at checkout.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
Steven747

put me in for 9.5 squared black 18's please
Old 01-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #12
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
NOTICE:

For those with non-m's. I am running the 18x9.5 et35 with a 255/35 tire and they fit pretty good with my AST 4100 coils with Vorshlag camber plates. My AST 4100's give me ample room and are supposed to give more room than most aftermarket coils on the market not to mention my camber adjustment with my plates. However I am starting to run into some complications. When I started to lower my car on the coils I am having a spacing issue with the wheel/tire being to close to the collar of my coilovers. Right now I'm sitting at a 12.5 inch hub to fender height and I can't go any lower until I purchase some spacers for extra clearance. (I may have to pull my front fenders a little more as result). If you have a stock or another aftermarket coil set up I would try to measure clearances with your front struts somehow. My front fenders have also been rolled flat and pulled slightly to accommodate my wheels. I am also running about -2.5 degrees of camber up front to make these wheels fit.

In the rear I'm having more serious issues and had to cut up some of my rear plastics in the fender/bumper well and the stud that holds on the rear bumper. I had my rear fenders rolled and pulled but there still isn't enough room and I'm going to have my rear fenders cut and pulled slightly to make this set up fit without all the rubbing I am now experiencing. I hope this will stop my rubbing in the rear.

Otherwise they are a awesome wheel!!!! I absolutely love the way mine look the deep concave and how light they are. Definitely the best "CSL" styled track wheels on the market. I'm super happy with my purchase and bought them on a group buy about a year ago! Eddy is an awesome guy.

Last edited by Brian N; 01-12-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
Eddy@APEXraceparts
www.apexraceparts.com

Brian,

Thank you for the details of the 18x9.5's on the non-m fitment. We have seen very little documented about it. These sizes will be mostly applicable to E46 M3 customers, but like you, many can make them fit non-m's.

Regarding your specific setup. I would look into running shorter front springs. For wide wheel/tire setups on a BMW, the goal is to get the tire as close to the strut as possible. To do this the lower spring perch must remain above the tire. That necessitates a shorter main spring and no tender spring. There is a reasonable amount documented about this. 2 new springs are cheap, and you can always sell your old springs.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #14
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy@APEXraceparts View Post
Brian,

Thank you for the details of the 18x9.5's on the non-m fitment. We have seen very little documented about it. These sizes will be mostly applicable to E46 M3 customers, but like you, many can make them fit non-m's.

Regarding your specific setup. I would look into running shorter front springs. For wide wheel/tire setups on a BMW, the goal is to get the tire as close to the strut as possible. To do this the lower spring perch must remain above the tire. That necessitates a shorter main spring and no tender spring. There is a reasonable amount documented about this. 2 new springs are cheap, and you can always sell your old springs.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I do not currently have a tender spring but I might want to look into purchasing some shorter springs as you have said.

I know other folks who have other suspension or stock set ups might not have this option though and just wanted to give them a heads up. I think with KW's they have a linear spring conversion kit... but I haven't really looked much into that. I also know some coils like racelands have really bad clearance issues, and have no idea what stock suspension clearances would be. I would also recommend those looking into the 9.5 inch set up to consider some camber plates.

Here is a picture from about a month ago... I think I am about 13.5inches hub to fender height all around. I had no rubbing or collar issues at this height in the front... and in the rear I only needed to dremel the rear bumper plastics. Plus a good roll and pull of all 4 fenders, but this is a height is probably higher than most would want including myself. I have lowered since then and this is were all my issues have arose.

Last edited by Brian N; 01-12-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #15
SennaSixty8

My Ride: ///M & M's
Running a 245/35/18 @ 12.5" ride height yields zero issues with Billy PSS co's. Hankook v12 evo FWIW

This is in regards to a non rolled e46 using eddys 18:9.5 uber Sikk arc-8's et 35

No camber plates either, maxed stock slots

Last edited by SennaSixty8; 01-12-2012 at 09:22 PM.
SennaSixty8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #16
zaharias

My Ride: Now has a 3lt :P
Thumbs Up

Count me in..

zaharias

18x9.5" ET35 x 4 Hyper Black

18x8.5" ET38 x 2 & 18x9.5" ET35 x 2 Hyper Black
Old 01-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #17
Eddy@APEXraceparts
www.apexraceparts.com

Updated lists

Unofficial Round #5 Feeler List:
1. 99GREENM3- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Silver - Bimmerforums
2. Ramp1- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Silver- M3Forum.net
3. ///M3AN ONE- 18x10" ET25- Satin Black- M3Forum.net
4. M Nectar- 18x9.5" ET35- unspecified- M3Forum.net
5. tlarocque- 18x9.5" ET35- Satin Black- M3Forum.net
6. Beetroot- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Black- M3Forum.net
7. jibbonacci- 18x9.5" ET35- unspecified- M3Forum.net
8. AXDB- 18x9.5" ET35- Anthracite- M3Forum.net
9. stash1- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Silver- M3Forum.net
10. MasterC17- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Silver- E46Fanatics.com
11. conedrac- 18x9.5/18x10- Hyper Black - M3Forum.net
12. kenshin223- 18x10.5" ET27- unspecified- Bimmerforums
13. bjo- 18x9.5" ET35- unspecified- M3Forum.net
14. fastfreddie- 18x10" ET25- Hyper Black- M3Forum.net
15. zaharias- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Black- E46Fanatics.com
16. checkmate- 18x10" ET25- Hyper Black- M3Post.com
17. E90Montreal- 18x10" ET25- Satin Black- M3Post.com
18. wwilson7- 18x10" ET25- Satin Black- M3Post.com

Unofficial Round #6Feeler List:
1. PowerM3- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5"- Hyper Black- M3Forum.net
2. Kennyfrc- 18x9" ET42- 18x10" ET25- Hyper Black- Zpost.com
3. a_riddler- 18x9.5" ET22- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Black- Zpost.com
4. baldTyres- 18x9" ET42- 18x10" ET25- Satin Black- Zpost.com
5. johanness- 18x9.5"ET35- 18x10" ET25- Hyper Silver- Zpost.com
6. SmartBastard- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x10" ET25- Anthracite- Zpost.com
7. Cliffhopper- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5"- unspecified- Zpost.com - need to select different rear wheel
8. Imperial Sloth- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5" ET35- unspecified- E90Post.com
9. kosh2k- 18x9" ET42- 18x10" ET25- Satin Black- Zpost.com
10. M3only- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5" ET35 unspecified- M3Forum.net
11. digivation- 18x9.5" ET22- 18x10.5" ET27- Satin Black- M3Forum.net
12. zaharias- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Black- E46fanatics.com
13. Darkduke- 18x9.5" ET22- 18x10.5" ET27- Hyper Black- M3Post.com
14. e90fun- 18x8.5" ET38- 18x9.5" ET35- Hyper Silver- E90Post.com
15. Texas F1- 18x9.5" ET22- 18x10.5" ET27- Satin Black- 1Addicts.com

Last edited by Eddy@APEXraceparts; 01-13-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Eddy@APEXraceparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #18
AndreasM

My Ride: BMW...
I have sendt an email to your website 2 minuts ago. I am interested in 8,5*18 and 9,5-10*18 to e46 m3. I am runing stoptech BBK 6 piston 355mm. Willt that be a problem? Do I need spacers? What Et will you recomend?

I also need it to be shiped to Oslo, Norway!
AndreasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #19
Steven747

why and i not on the interested list? i posted my wants in a earlier post about 5 above...
Old 01-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
alpine003

My Ride: BMW
In for a set of 18x8.5 square if 20+ people.

Can you show the difference in concave between the different widths? Curious if the 8.5" is flat face or have some concave dish to it?

Tags
18x8.5, 18x9, 18x9.5, apex, arc-8