E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Anjoz

My Ride: 325i
Eonon GM5150 - Feature Request - Here!

If you have ever owned one of these (even D5150) you would know what I'm talking about it. It is mostly a love hate relationship!!! I so want to like it, but every time I start liking it, I bump in to one of these!! While this is a great head unit for the money you pay. But, there are a lot of annoyances! Here is a list I found. I'm hoping some one from Eonon notices and help fixing them (a new firmware, please!?). Some of it is just finesse! Again, don't get me wrong, this thing is total value for money and the stock look is a bonus!!

Since we love our E46's and we like our new head units, lets give these guys a list of requests that would make this unit go from 'like' to 'love'!

Vote for the list below or suggest additions and vote
  1. When switching off display the led for buttons don't turn off. On first touch on onscreen display control icon next to home icon it changes to night mode and switches on the light. But when the display is set to off (another touch on the display control icon) it should detect the headlight status and should switch on off the led lights. So in essence when I switch off the display in the morning, I have the button lights lit up. I'm yet to find a way to overcome this.
  2. Mode button should know which inputs are available should switch through them. It always goes to AUX and all other which I have nothing connected. Bluetooth is not part of mode flips, why?
  3. Switching off time display leaves the date and day still on. Why is there no setting for switching off date and day? If the AM, PM issue is fixed, this may not bother me so much.
  4. The day overlaps circle that shows the BMW logo or the mode logo. Try Wednesday!
  5. Why does the music mute when reverse camera is on? WHY WHY WHY??? it just mutes not even pause!!! I can understand you are switching to different mode or input. Why not pause the music if SD card, bluetooth, DVD, etc is playing? Simply muting it is so lame!!! THIS IS ONE THAT I HATE THE MOST!
    Can we have an option to control this? Mute, Pause and Mute. And start play once reverse is off?
  6. What does parking boot and switch keys settings do?
    When the head unit is off and you turn to back up, the head unit will power up automatically
  7. Cannot play to master - or that message when playing a DVD while not in park does NOT make any sense what so ever? Please change it! Or please help us understand what that even means! Yes, google tells me the answer, but thatz not the point!
    Turn off the "Brake shift detect" under the settings
  8. The radio reception on this thing is a piece of ****!!! Period! FIX IT. Yes I have tried the alternate antenna adapter from Amazon. It does help, but not there yet!
    So I have had the unit for a few weeks now and I have a chance to drive a couple of 40-50 mile round trips and I would say the strong radio stations are on par with my BMW business CD and I'm starting to like this thing!!!
  9. Please fix the time AM and PM not switching when not in GPS sync mode. It is annoying and silly!!!!
  10. 'General' not 'Genernal'. Again silly!

SOLVED:
    New firmware update - Contact Eonon for the update and instructions or see launch.exe problem in the next post

11. Touching the touch screen setting shows a message box with 'Touch Screen' as message. That doesn't mean anything. How about a message like 'Do you want to calibrate touch screen?'.
  12. Not sure what the logo screen does. Coz it doesn't allow anything to be changed. If there is nothing to changes why offer a setting? Well, it doesn't do anything on mine...
  13. Left and top margins is bad. My home icon tip is almost inside the plastic surrounding the screen. Looks like the setting was done before on the LCD before it was put into the case. Should be a very simple fix or might just complicated if everything pushes over or squishes if you add margins.
  14. Do we really need that forward and backward buttons? Doesn't the right knob do the same thing if turned clockwise or counter clockwise? So may be park some other features on the buttons? A dedicated button for bluetooth?
  15. Any time I touch anything on the GPS screen my front speakers go low and come back on in a couple of secs. Now, I understand it is applicable when there is a GPS announcement. But why would it do that when I touch the screen???
    SOLVED:
    Switch off Key/Tones in the GPS settings!! Thanks to Daki_BMW
  16. Can't get screen mirroring to work! It finds the display or the device, initializes, tries to initiate a wifi-direct connection and dies! Not sure what is going on, need to start spending some time to troubleshoot.
    • Eonon says - Won't work on Android 4.3
    • Users Say - Works on S4, Note 3 on Android 4.3
    • Users Say - iPhone - use DLNA

17. AND, FOR GOD'S SAKE FIX THE STUPID HISS WHEN IN BLUETOOTH MODE!
  18. No song info while in Bluetooth mode.

Other things I have noticed or Tips:

I get not so great sound quality compared to my business CD in all the modes. I have HK upgraded sound and this thing cannot compare to what I had. The depth and clarity of my old system was just great. Yes, the loud setting helps a bit, but it pretty much makes the music just loud. The equalizer helps, but anything beyond 4 on bass just makes it very boomy for me. I have mu sub set at 12. Again this is totally personal and you will have a complete different opinion and I respect that!

Now, I have to mention that I have had the best results with bluetooth and PowerAMP on android! The combination just rocks!! The beats are deep and solid and overall just pleasing! So yeah this is what I use most of the time!

Last edited by Anjoz; 03-09-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Anjoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
Anjoz

GPS Initial Setting - Cannot find the exe file

When searching for exe file for the GPS if you only see folders, SCROLL down (flick the screen and folders will scroll up) to reveal the exe file. I have seen so many people ask this and hence documenting it here.

Launch.exe problem.

Solution Follow this post and you should be all good after the update!
Yes, I had the problem and found the thread after a bit of a search and all good after the new firmware flash!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=179

Last edited by Anjoz; 03-09-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Anjoz

For future
Old 02-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #4
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Hi Anjoz, thank you for your feedback. I have read it carefully and i will report it to our R&D and improve it in the future. Thanks a lot for your nice suggestions.
Meanwhile, for the 2 questions about the product. Here are the answers for you
1. If there is cannot play to master message displayed on the screen, please kindly turn off the "brake shift detect" under the setting.
2. For the screen mirroring function, could you kindly confirm whether your smart phone has the Android version 4.3? If yes, it is the compatibility issue, the screen mirroring cannot work with Android 4.3 at the moment. We are still working on it. Thanks for understanding!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
Anjoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi Anjoz, thank you for your feedback. I have read it carefully and i will report it to our R&D and improve it in the future. Thanks a lot for your nice suggestions.
Meanwhile, for the 2 questions about the product. Here are the answers for you
1. If there is cannot play to master message displayed on the screen, please kindly turn off the "brake shift detect" under the setting.
2. For the screen mirroring function, could you kindly confirm whether your smart phone has the Android version 4.3? If yes, it is the compatibility issue, the screen mirroring cannot work with Android 4.3 at the moment. We are still working on it. Thanks for understanding!
You are welcome and Thank you for listening to your customers!
I will try to turn this thread in to a suggestion thread and see if people are interested in a vote mechanism to get at least a couple of these annoyances fixed and if yes, what would those be.

1) I was just hinting that a better message would make sense. I had to go search google to understand what it meant. If the message was more clear, the user wouldn't have to use google to get to it.
2) My S4 is on Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat).
Old 02-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
wacuna

My Ride: BMW 323i
My S4 is 4.3 and screen mirroring works...
wacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
Anjoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacuna View Post
My S4 is 4.3 and screen mirroring works...
Hmm.. I guess I have to try another 4.3 phone then!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjoz View Post
... Again this is totally personal and you will have a complete different opinion and I respect that!...
You got that right. It's funny how the same exact function/option annoys one person, and it's "the best thing ever" for another...or the other person just doesn't notice it.

I'll give my opinion inside the quote. I should mention that I have old style D5150 with "bubble UI":
Quote:
  1. When switching off display the led for buttons don't turn off. On first touch on onscreen display control icon next to home icon it changes to night mode and switches on the light. But when the display is set to off (another touch on the display control icon) it should detect the headlight status and should switch on off the led lights. So in essence when I switch off the display in the morning, I have the button lights lit up. I'm yet to find a way to overcome this.
    I have reversed problem: if the unit is off, and the headlights are on, I want button lights to be on, just like with the OEM unit...but they are not on.
  2. Mode button should know which inputs are available should switch through them. It always goes to AUX and all other which I have nothing connected. Bluetooth is not part of mode flips, why?
    Every f'ing monitor/TV in my house does this: every input/source has "sensing", but when it comes to AUX (SCART/RCA) it will be a part of modes/sources fliping even when there is nothing connected. It is like that even on my Samsung monitor.
  3. Switching off time display leaves the date and day still on. Why is there no setting for switching off date and day? If the AM, PM issue is fixed, this may not bother me so much.
    Not a problem on old "bubble UI"
  4. The day overlaps circle that shows the BMW logo or the mode logo. Try Wednesday!
  5. Why does the music mute when reverse camera is on? WHY WHY WHY??? it just mutes not even pause!!! I can understand you are switching to different mode or input. Why not pause the music if SD card, bluetooth, DVD, etc is playing? Simply muting it is so lame!!! THIS IS ONE THAT I HATE THE MOST!
    BEST OPTION EVER (IMHO). Yes, I always mute sound manually when I'm reversing. Now with EONON, no need for manual mute when the unit does it for me. Option to turn it off or on would make everyone happy.
    Dunno...but I don't use it, so can't tell.
  7. Cannot play to master - or that message when playing a DVD while not in park does NOT make any sense what so ever? Please change it! Or please help us understand what that even means! Yes, google tells me the answer, but thatz not the point!
    • Turn off the "Brake shift detect" under the settings
    I don't mind. That option is off for me anyways.
  8. The radio reception on this thing is a piece of ****!!! Period! FIX IT. Yes I have tried the alternate antenna adapter from Amazon. It does help, but not there yet!
    Not better nor worse than OEM BMW radio reception...which was c**p to begin with (for me) anyways.
  9. Please fix the time AM and PM not switching when not in GPS sync mode. It is annoying and silly!!!!
  10. 'General' not 'Genernal'. Again silly!
  11. Touching the touch screen setting shows a message box with 'Touch Screen' as message. That doesn't mean anything. How about a message like 'Do you want to calibrate touch screen?'.
    I don't want to calibrate touch screen (it's OK as is)
  12. Not sure what the logo screen does. Coz it doesn't allow anything to be changed. If there is nothing to changes why offer a setting? Well, it doesn't do anything on mine...
  13. Left and top margins is bad. My home icon tip is almost inside the plastic surrounding the screen. Looks like the setting was done before on the LCD before it was put into the case. Should be a very simple fix or might just complicated if everything pushes over or squishes if you add margins.
  14. Do we really need that forward and backward buttons? Doesn't the right knob do the same thing if turned clockwise or counter clockwise? So may be park some other features on the buttons? A dedicated button for bluetooth?
    70% of phisical buttons are obsolete. I only use power, mute and knobs
  15. Any time I touch anything on the GPS screen my front speakers go low and come back on in a couple of secs. Now, I understand it is applicable when there is a GPS announcement. But why would it do that when I touch the screen???
    It's not unit's problem, it's logical problem. Just turn off key/touch sound in whatever GPS sofware you are using, and it will be solved.
  16. Can't get screen mirroring to work! It finds the display or the device, initializes, tries to initiate a wifi-direct connection and dies! Not sure what is going on, need to start spending some time to troubleshoot.
    • Eonon says - Won't work on Android 4.3
    • Users Say - Works on S4, Note 3 on Android 4.3
    • Users Say - iPhone - use DLNA

The one and only function that makes a GM5150 - GM5150 and not D5150 doesn't work! Unacceptable. But still...they can't gather 5 people for D5150 group buy, while every day there are new members with 1 posts asking about, for example, launch.exe problem...(meaning they are selling a bunch of GM5150s)
  17. AND, FOR GOD'S SAKE FIX THE STUPID HISS WHEN IN BLUETOOTH MODE!
    Haven't noticed. Maybe you have to play with output volume of your device from which you are streaming audio (hint: keep it lower)
  18. No song info while in Bluetooth mode.
No...as is the case with probably 90+% A2DP camptibile devices.

Other things I have noticed or Tips:

I get not so great sound quality compared to my business CD in all the modes. I have HK upgraded sound and this thing cannot compare to what I had. The depth and clarity of my old system was just great. Yes, the loud setting helps a bit, but it pretty much makes the music just loud. The equalizer helps, but anything beyond 4 on bass just makes it very boomy for me. I have mu sub set at 12....
Nothing close to the problem you are describing. On the other hand I don't have HK, so that might be the reason. Sound is noticable better than with OEM HU without HK.

Things I don't like/would change:

- Closer to OEM amber LED buttons
- OEM-like behaviour for illumination - if headlights are on, I'd like buttons to be on, independent of the unit itself (wheather it's on or off)
- Better bluetooth/calling compatibility: my unit can't read SIM contacts from my Sony Xperia phone, but reads phone contacts. It can't read neither SIM nor phone contacts from Nokia N95 8gb phone, but reads both phone and SIM contacts from 10 year old Sony Ericsson phone. The unit doesn't have memory for paired phone contacts, so it reads them every time phone is connected to the unit.

Things I like on old "bubble UI" compared to "new style UI":
- All-round stability
- Ironed out UI
- Custom wallpapers (I'd hate if I had to choose between red, blue and natural leather). I have my amber wallpaper in the background
- Big "buttons". I like big bubble buttons. Oh, I like big clock too.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #9
Anjoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
You got that right. It's funny how the same exact function/option annoys one person, and it's "the best thing ever" for another...or the other person just doesn't notice it.

I'll give my opinion inside the quote. I should mention that I have old style D5150 with "bubble UI":

Things I don't like/would change:

- Closer to OEM amber LED buttons
- OEM-like behaviour for illumination - if headlights are on, I'd like buttons to be on, independent of the unit itself (wheather it's on or off)
- Better bluetooth/calling compatibility: my unit can't read SIM contacts from my Sony Xperia phone, but reads phone contacts. It can't read neither SIM nor phone contacts from Nokia N95 8gb phone, but reads both phone and SIM contacts from 10 year old Sony Ericsson phone. The unit doesn't have memory for paired phone contacts, so it reads them every time phone is connected to the unit.

Things I like on old "bubble UI" compared to "new style UI":
- All-round stability
- Ironed out UI
- Custom wallpapers (I'd hate if I had to choose between red, blue and natural leather). I have my amber wallpaper in the background
- Big "buttons". I like big bubble buttons. Oh, I like big clock too.
Here are my thoughts on your comments.

I wish I had just dumped the mirroring and what not and chosen D5150 and would have gotten a more stable model. Not that I have seen any of the loader issues (knock on wood!). Don't get me wrong, this thing is total value for the money!!!

1. So I just tested and when the headlight is on, with the head unit off, the buttons light up. So I guess they fixed this with GM5150 and introduced another bug.
2. I'm convinced with your argument. I can imagine as RCA are analogue there may not be a good mechanism to know if a device is connected. Wish Bluetooth was part of the mode button though.
5. I like the muting part, just that I hate the fact that music is not paused. Even better would be ask the user how this feature should function.
6. Yeah even I don't use it but just wonder what those are. May be I will check with Eonon and publish here for the benefit of everyone.
7. I was just being picky!
8. This is something I have gotten used to but it would be good get a good reception nevertheless in a future version of the product.
11. Again, I was being picky.
14. Yes, I agree I do not use home button and just the knobs.
15. YAY! Thank you! That was it, SOLVED!!
16. I totally agree. Screen Mirroring and the new UI are the features that is the main selling points on GM5150. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on all phones. It is not completely Eonon's fault, the market is so fragmented everyone is trying to push their technology and formats.
17. I have had better luck with 100 bucks Sony head units. Not sure if it has to do with the bluetooth version.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #10
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Hi Anjoz and daki_bmw, i have checked with the P&P department and some of your suggestion is the personal likes, we will not make all of them in the near future. Here are the answers for some of them.

1.I have reversed problem: if the unit is off, and the headlights are on, I want button lights to be on, just like with the OEM unit...but they are not on
--------
We will reflect it to R&D and discuss whether we can make it in the future.

Could you check whether there is "Last mode" under setting? Some of the D5150/GM5150 with BMW UI have the options You can choose the last mode, AUX, RADIO, USB as you like, but once the Bluetooth is on, it will turn to Bluetooth as priority, since we use Bluetooth more frequently.

Yes, i have tested it, the date and day will be on, but what is the problem of that? I checked no matter GPS Sync no or off, you can set the AM and PM, if you use the 12 hours time format

We will reflect to R&D and may use the abbreviation for Monday to Sunday

5.BEST OPTION EVER (IMHO). Yes, I always mute sound manually when I'm reversing. Now with EONON, no need for manual mute when the unit does it for me. Option to turn it off or on would make everyone happy
daki_bmw, thanks for your suggestion, i will reflect it to R&D and make it in the future.

Parking boot: When the head unit is off and you turn to back up, the head unit will power up automatically
Switch keys: Since Hong Kong produced car has different buttons, so they need set the steering wheel control button, but it is useless for you at the moment.

7. Please fix the time AM and PM not switching when not in GPS sync mode. It is annoying and silly!!!!
I checked no matter GPS Sync no or off, you can set the AM and PM, if you use the 12 hours time format

8. General' not 'Genernal'.
We will correct it in the future. Thanks

9. Left and top margins is bad. My home icon tip is almost inside the plastic surrounding the screen. Looks like the setting was done before on the LCD before it was put into the case. Should be a very simple fix or might just complicated if everything pushes over or squishes if you add margins.
Hi, Anjoz would you take some picture and PM me directly?

10. I totally agree. Screen Mirroring and the new UI are the features that is the main selling points on GM5150. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on all phones. It is not completely Eonon's fault, the market is so fragmented everyone is trying to push their technology and formats.
For screen mirroring, there is compatibility issue with different version smart phone, thanks for your kindly understanding, Anjoz. It can work with most of the car, but don't worry, we will try our best to improve

11. Closer to OEM amber LED buttons
Yes, daki_bmw, we will do better.

12. Better bluetooth/calling compatibility: my unit can't read SIM contacts from my Sony Xperia phone, but reads phone contacts. It can't read neither SIM nor phone contacts from Nokia N95 8gb phone, but reads both phone and SIM contacts from 10 year old Sony Ericsson phone. The unit doesn't have memory for paired phone contacts, so it reads them every time phone is connected to the unit.

We will reflect it to R&D and will improve it

Thanks a lot
Old 02-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #11
Anjoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi Anjoz and daki_bmw, i have checked with the P&P department and some of your suggestion is the personal likes, we will not make all of them in the near future. Here are the answers for some of them.

1.I have reversed problem: if the unit is off, and the headlights are on, I want button lights to be on, just like with the OEM unit...but they are not on
--------
We will reflect it to R&D and discuss whether we can make it in the future.

Could you check whether there is "Last mode" under setting? Some of the D5150/GM5150 with BMW UI have the options You can choose the last mode, AUX, RADIO, USB as you like, but once the Bluetooth is on, it will turn to Bluetooth as priority, since we use Bluetooth more frequently.

Yes, i have tested it, the date and day will be on, but what is the problem of that? I checked no matter GPS Sync no or off, you can set the AM and PM, if you use the 12 hours time format

We will reflect to R&D and may use the abbreviation for Monday to Sunday

5.BEST OPTION EVER (IMHO). Yes, I always mute sound manually when I'm reversing. Now with EONON, no need for manual mute when the unit does it for me. Option to turn it off or on would make everyone happy
daki_bmw, thanks for your suggestion, i will reflect it to R&D and make it in the future.

Parking boot: When the head unit is off and you turn to back up, the head unit will power up automatically
Switch keys: Since Hong Kong produced car has different buttons, so they need set the steering wheel control button, but it is useless for you at the moment.

7. Please fix the time AM and PM not switching when not in GPS sync mode. It is annoying and silly!!!!
I checked no matter GPS Sync no or off, you can set the AM and PM, if you use the 12 hours time format

8. General' not 'Genernal'.
We will correct it in the future. Thanks

9. Left and top margins is bad. My home icon tip is almost inside the plastic surrounding the screen. Looks like the setting was done before on the LCD before it was put into the case. Should be a very simple fix or might just complicated if everything pushes over or squishes if you add margins.
Hi, Anjoz would you take some picture and PM me directly?

10. I totally agree. Screen Mirroring and the new UI are the features that is the main selling points on GM5150. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on all phones. It is not completely Eonon's fault, the market is so fragmented everyone is trying to push their technology and formats.
For screen mirroring, there is compatibility issue with different version smart phone, thanks for your kindly understanding, Anjoz. It can work with most of the car, but don't worry, we will try our best to improve

11. Closer to OEM amber LED buttons
Yes, daki_bmw, we will do better.

12. Better bluetooth/calling compatibility: my unit can't read SIM contacts from my Sony Xperia phone, but reads phone contacts. It can't read neither SIM nor phone contacts from Nokia N95 8gb phone, but reads both phone and SIM contacts from 10 year old Sony Ericsson phone. The unit doesn't have memory for paired phone contacts, so it reads them every time phone is connected to the unit.

We will reflect it to R&D and will improve it

Thanks a lot
Thank you for listening. I understand some of it is personal wants and some of these are useful features or tweaks to help us!!! Really appreciate it!

On the clock, if I use AM, PM. It will not change from AM to PM. So if I set the clock in the morning the AM stays through the evening and if I set the clock in the evening the PM stays and will not change to AM next morning.

Will see if I can get some pics and sent you for the margins problem.

Last edited by Anjoz; 02-27-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #12
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you for listening. I understand some of it is personal wants and some of these are useful features or tweaks to help us!!! Really appreciate it!

On the clock, if I use AM, PM. It will not change from AM to PM. So if I set the clock in the morning the AM stays through the evening and if I set the clock in the evening the PM stays and will not change to AM next morning.

Will see if I can get some pics and sent you for the margins problem.
Hi Anjoz, thank you for kindly understanding and we appreciate your suggestions!
And for the AM/PM issue, did you try 12 hours time format? Yes, please kindly PM me some pictures, i will check with the tech whether we have the software to fix it for you then. Thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 11:45 PM   #13
Parvaz

My Ride: 2004 bmw 330 ci
Hi guys pls ..pls...!!! can someone tel me where can I find bracket for installing gm5150 on 2004 bmw 330ci to relocating the climate control...???? Thanks....
Parvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:39 AM   #14
jaffaz32

My Ride: E46 318i
Eonon GM5150 - Feature Request - Here!

I have some features I would really like to see on my GM5150

1. When in radio mode to be able to view station by name rather than it's frequency.

2. When in radio mode the ability to have more stored stations.

3. When in iPod mode I don't think it shows album cover. (Not unless I didn't save it)

4. When in iPod take away the home button as there is one on the unit and replace with a up level button so you can go up a level.

5. When in iPod mode, if the album or track names are too long for the box they scroll slowly so you can see the full name.

6. Add a small clock in radio and iPod mode like on the home screen

7. When it turns on the unit starts playing music from my connected phone, I think it should go to the mode that was last used before switching off

8. The greyed out option in settings for the car data really would like to see this active.

9. More advanced equaliser settings, not really that essential for myself but guys with aftermarket speakers and subs may like the ability to fine tune.

10. More of a add on but would be cool if we could get dab (digital radio) perhaps a add on box via the tv port?

That's it for now, apart from that I am very pleased with the unit. It is value for money and can't see the need to purchase anything other than this unit as it is simply awesome.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by jaffaz32; 02-28-2014 at 03:48 AM.
jaffaz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:45 AM   #15
A.TRN E46//

My Ride: Silver-Grey FL coupe
More background color options for the BMW ui. Other than red, yellow, and blue backgrounds, colors such as green, black, grey, and orange(amber) should be added as well. In addition closer to OEM amber color buttons would be nice.
A.TRN E46// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #16
Anjoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parvaz View Post
Hi guys pls ..pls...!!! can someone tel me where can I find bracket for installing gm5150 on 2004 bmw 330ci to relocating the climate control...???? Thanks....
Wrong thread!

Try here: http://www.mybimmer.net/howtos.htm Or here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1021797. Try search next time .
Old 02-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #17
Anjoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post

7. When it turns on the unit starts playing music from my connected phone, I think it should go to the mode that was last used before switching off

If the phone is connected through bluetooth, it take priority and that how it is designed as per Eonon. If no bluetooth device is found, it will go back to last mode used before switching off (if set in settings) or at least that is how mine works.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #18
wacuna

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post

1. When in radio mode to be able to view station by name rather than it's frequency.

2. When in radio mode the ability to have more stored stations.

3. When in iPod mode I don't think it shows album cover. (Not unless I didn't save it)

4. When in iPod take away the home button as there is one on the unit and replace with a up level button so you can go up a level.

5. When in iPod mode, if the album or track names are too long for the box they scroll slowly so you can see the full name.

6. Add a small clock in radio and iPod mode like on the home screen

8. The greyed out option in settings for the car data really would like to see this active.

9. More advanced equaliser settings, not really that essential for myself but guys with aftermarket speakers and subs may like the ability to fine tune.

10. More of a add on but would be cool if we could get dab (digital radio) perhaps a add on box via the tv port?

That's it for now, apart from that I am very pleased with the unit. It is value for money and can't see the need to purchase anything other than this unit as it is simply awesome.

Hi there, I found a way to fix #7. I downloaded an app in my phone that just turn on Bluetooth when receiving/answering a call... it works great and as soon as the hang up my GM5150 goes to the mode that was last use...
wacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #19
faderinvader

My Ride: 325Ci vert
Great idea to start a feature request thread! Thanks.

1. Make steering wheel button able to activate home button on phone (This would be Siri on iPhone). That way, you can press a steering wheel button and state a command like "Call wife cell" and the call would connect without having to take your eyes off the road. The Pioneer X3500BT that I installed in my wife's car 2 years ago does this. PLEASE ADD!

2. Graphic EQ is needed. Very nice free algorithms are out there for your engineers to use. Please add this! The included EQ themes "presets" are terrible.

3. Highpass filter for main speakers and lowpass filter for sub with a crossover point. Carlos, you asked in the other thread what this means. A highpass filter allows you to set a threshold so that any frequencies below what you've selected are cut. This prevents the low frequencies from distorting the smaller speakers and allows for more intelligibility from the speakers. A low pass filter the similar to this, but allows the low frequencies to be isolated to the sub.

4. Please give us more colors/theme options. The current GUI with (mustard yellow, dingy red) looks cheap and generic in person. The blue is decent. Black and white would be pleasing. A matching OEM orange theme to match the LEDs would be nice. Maybe even a brushed aluminum, gunmetal, or carbon fiber theme would be good as well.

5. Need the ability for on-screen feedback when playing Bluetooth music from iPhone (artist, title, album, etc)
faderinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #20
beasted86

My Ride: '02 BMW 325i
How about compatibility with an aftermarket Sirius tuner? Such as SCC1?

That feature alone would give this unit an absolute advantage over Dynavin and any other aftermarket OE-fitting unit. Having this type of competitive advantage would sell a lot more units than worrying about song info in bluetooth mode or being able to turn off the day/date display.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote