E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 66 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #2141
MattBimmerz

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CI E46
Well I have this EwayGPS EW40 completely taken apart and I'm trying my best to reverse engineer it mainly to keep the android side powered even when the car is off. If anyone has anything they want me to look at or try, now is the time to let me know.
Thanks

Last edited by MattBimmerz; 04-13-2013 at 10:04 PM.
MattBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #2142
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
is there a way to communicate with unit via pc or somekind of software to make changes.

Also can code your car
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #2143
BM330

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via Skype™ to BM330
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBimmerz View Post
Well I have this EwayGPS EW40 completely taken apart and I'm trying my best to reverse engineer it mainly to keep the android side powered even when the car is off. If anyone has anything they want me to look at or try, now is the time to let me know.
Thanks
Maybe you know how to get out of the boot loop in android side ??
Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #2144
sana_q

My Ride: e46 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by china man View Post
installed adaway and it say it needed rooting. so I guess it is not rooted after all.

I use the method outlined in the xda forum link.
pls tell how u get root?
sana_q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #2145
r32gtr

My Ride: e46 m3
Send a message via ICQ to r32gtr
My unit was working fine for about a week. Now it won't shut down when my car is off. Any ideas? The mood lights stay on, and my sub + amp keep getting constant power. I swapped the factory deck back in and everything works fine with the factory deck..... I've opened a dispute with the supplier, but I'd hate to have to ship it off if it's a simple fix.
r32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #2146
Barto89

My Ride: E46 320 cabrio
Can I install parking sensor with this product and view the distance in the monitor??
Barto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #2147
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Try the reset button on the front of the unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by r32gtr View Post
My unit was working fine for about a week. Now it won't shut down when my car is off. Any ideas? The mood lights stay on, and my sub + amp keep getting constant power. I swapped the factory deck back in and everything works fine with the factory deck..... I've opened a dispute with the supplier, but I'd hate to have to ship it off if it's a simple fix.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #2148
iRide113

My Ride: 2004 325i
Does anyone know how to change artists/genres/albums/browse while connected to the iPod? I can't figure it out for the life of me...
iRide113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #2149
haurelio

You cant. The interface does not allow it

Also can code your car
Old 05-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #2150
iRide113

My Ride: 2004 325i
Re: Enco B046 - Dynavin Clone

Are you serious? Can you on a Dynavin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using BimmerApp mobile app
iRide113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #2151
haurelio

Yes

Also can code your car
Old 05-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #2152
eljay

My Ride: ///M
Double post

Last edited by eljay; 05-16-2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Deleted double-post
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #2153
eljay

I'm hoping this is the best place to ask for help with installing Enco. I have the B146 WinCE, but my question is about wiring, so I hope it doesn't matter that I post in this thread.
I am replacing a single din aftermarket stereo that the previous owner installed. When I was removing it, I had to cut a blue/white wire leading to the harness on the previous headunit. The wire leads somewhere into the dash. From the install manual of the old unit, I determined that it is a "remote turn-on" amp wire, so I assume that's the wire leading to the aftermarket amp in the back that tells it to turn on. Yes, I know that it's a silly confirmation, but I'm a complete newb when it comes to stereo and wiring.
Now, I connect the Enco unit and connected RCA cables leading to the amp and I get no sound, so I assume that I need to connect that blue/white wire to the Enco somehow. I found in this thread that I need to connect it to the "ANT (BLUE)" wire leading from the Enco to the factory harness. Is that correct? The harness has only one loose wire hanging from it that is pink marked "Back Ctrl". I assume that one is to switch on video for the rear view camera.
So, do I just connect the blue/white wire to the blue ANT wire from Enco using a T-tap connector and the sound will work all the time when the unit is on? Or will it only work in Tuner mode when "antenna" is getting power?

Thank you!

Last edited by eljay; 05-15-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:13 AM   #2154
jchuillier

My Ride: 330CD

The blue wire tells the amp to switch to the proper mode so yes connect it and you'll be fine don't worry about antenna power and all this crap...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using BimmerApp mobile app
jchuillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #2155
eljay

Thanks jchuillier.

I just want to confirm that I need to tap the amp remote wire into this blue wire shown in the pictures:
View leading to the factory harness:

The strange part is that on the alternative factory connector harness (the one with flat pins), the blue wire is split and one side is marked "Amp Ctrl" and the other side is marked "Ant", but on the one I'm using with the round pins, it is just a blue wire connected between both ends.

Let's hope I complete my install tonight!

Thanks again.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #2156
jchuillier

My Ride: 330CD

Yep. Same for me. I think the ant control sends 12v or 5v to the amp to make it switch to the proper entry...in any case it works....

jchuillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #2157
alex-qts

My Ride: E46 330ci Vert
Have had my B046 installed for over a year now, working properly for the most part! I have factory Harman Kardon system.

Had a strange issue since install that I tried to solve again today without any luck:

When the ignition is on (engine off) the sound works perfectly, but as soon as you switch the engine on the sound goes dead?? you then have to turn the unit off and back on again to get sound with engine running! so... sound from engine on--->engine off works fine, but engine off--->engine on = no sound

Had a Bury Take&Talk old hands free unit that I thought was causing the problem, removed everything related to it today but it has made no difference.

I also have the small connector that can be seen at the bottom of the wiring harness in eljay's picture above, writing on the connector has a BMW part number and "Amp" written on it - wondering if I have to splice this into the harness to see correct 5v or 12v modes as stated above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchuillier View Post
Yep. Same for me. I think the ant control sends 12v or 5v to the amp to make it switch to the proper entry...in any case it works....

alex-qts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #2158
eljay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchuillier View Post

Thank you! That worked fine and my Enco is installed and working.

However, I hit another snag: my HVAC unit is not working. I am certain I connected all the harness to it properly, but it's completely dead and when I start the car, I can hear the fans as if they were on full speed, but I cannot feel any air coming from any of the vents.
I guess I'll have to take it out and check the connections tomorrow. Is it possible to take it out without taking the Enco unit back out?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #2159
haurelio

yes, just pulled the hvca out.. if is not working, is because one of the harness is not fully connected or connected in the wrong slot (black on black, and white on white)

Also can code your car
Old 05-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #2160
eljay

Quote:
Originally Posted by haurelio View Post
yes, just pulled the hvca out.. if is not working, is because one of the harness is not fully connected or connected in the wrong slot (black on black, and white on white)
That was the problem. I pulled it out and found out that I didn't properly seat and lock the white connector with the black lever on it. All good now!

The commute to work was great: fans on full speed and full heat, but only in the foot wells! I was the only car with windows fully down.
All good now!

Now, comes the phase of exploring this unit. So far, I love it and since I don't have steering wheel controls, I didn't connect the CAN-BUS unit, so I hope the random screen on start-up doesn't happen to me. It didn't so far.

Thanks for all the help everyone.