E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #401
Kagedmaniak

My Ride: 01 M3
I couldn't really get a confirmed answer from them regarding if its compatible with oem nav + hk. In the end it should work fine, but may not be exactly plug and play - will most likely just order and figure it out. Will post more details including cost shortly (Both Charles and Jolly seem to be giving me different prices.)
Kagedmaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #402
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

My Ride: M3 bmw e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedmaniak View Post
I couldn't really get a confirmed answer from them regarding if its compatible with oem nav + hk. In the end it should work fine, but may not be exactly plug and play - will most likely just order and figure it out. Will post more details including cost shortly (Both Charles and Jolly seem to be giving me different prices.)
Plug 10$ for map ?
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #403
Kagedmaniak

Well the Android is $450, WinCE is $320. Charles said shipping was $70, Jolly said it was $60. Micro sd card w/ maps is $10, rear view camera is $20. New Android version will be avail this week.

Now to decide if I need the android version or not...
Old 02-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #404
Chayan

My Ride: 330i 04
Quote:
It will not be a direct plug and play like the non-navi cars. On oem navi equipped cars all the connectors are in the trunk with the navi-system. What you have on front is just the display. So you will need the "fraka cable" to root all the connectors from the trunk to the front but this cable is made for dynavin. I don't know if this works with enco, from my logic it should because at the end all it does is to convert the plugs to the normal 19 pin plug and extend it to the front.

Here is the link for the cable i'm talking, it's a little expensive.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SUPER-SALE-BM...item415f28eefe
Chayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #405
Chayan

My Ride: 330i 04
Quote:
Well the Android is $450, WinCE is $320. Charles said shipping was $70, Jolly said it was $60. Micro sd card w/ maps is $10, rear view camera is $20. New Android version will be avail this week.

Now to decide if I need the android version or not...
Myself too can't decide, I know the win.ce will be clean and simple, nothing to much to mess around, but android give you so many option but stability would be a problem, if you have android phone you know what i'm talking about. One thing with android that would be cool is Torque app, would be cool to run torque with a Bluetooth obd2, but I need confirmation that Bluetooth works on android side.
Chayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #406
hoang031

My Ride: 01 325i
Just get the wince, and if you want to play pandora you can bluetooth it thru the phone. Maps can be updated by updating the map section on the microsd. Save yourself money and it'll be easier to use.
hoang031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #407
Kagedmaniak

Going to get the wince version - and the fakra cable is here: http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavin...kra-cable-kit/
Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #408
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

Enco-B046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayan View Post
It will not be a direct plug and play like the non-navi cars. On oem navi equipped cars all the connectors are in the trunk with the navi-system. What you have on front is just the display. So you will need the "fraka cable" to root all the connectors from the trunk to the front but this cable is made for dynavin. I don't know if this works with enco, from my logic it should because at the end all it does is to convert the plugs to the normal 19 pin plug and extend it to the front.

Here is the link for the cable i'm talking, it's a little expensive.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SUPER-SALE-BM...item415f28eefe
Mr.Charles told me that 6m longer cable need add extra 18USD,i asked.if need a longer cable that runs from the head unit into the trunk of your car,plz contact their: http://www.szenco.com/contact.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17 pin.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	437944   Click image for larger version

Name:	40 pin.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	437945  
Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #409
Kagedmaniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwomgdj View Post
Mr.Charles told me that 6m longer cable need add extra 18USD,i asked.if need a longer cable that runs from the head unit into the trunk of your car,plz contact their: http://www.szenco.com/contact.html
That looks exactly like the fakra cable from what I can tell-$18 is a good price
Old 02-20-2012, 12:40 AM   #410
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

Thumbs Up

Quote:
That looks exactly like the fakra cable from what I can tell-$18 is a good price
yes,I imported 20 units per month from www.szenco.com
Old 02-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #411
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Can anyone confirm if the iPhone/iPod charges while being plugged in? I want to know if I can play music off it with the USB based cable while simultaneously having BT for calls and having it charge. Anyone have screen shots of the phonebook connectivity with the iPhone?

VERY tempted to place an order. The price is fantastic.

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #412
TiAg2247

For anyone ordering directly from Jolly/Szenco, I was just told DHL is now quoting them $70 for shipping instead of last week's $60. Base prices remain the same ($320 for WinCe version).

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #413
Kagedmaniak

Went ahead and purchased, will post within the next couple weeks on install in a HK/oem nav equipped vehicle
Old 02-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #414
TiAg2247

Did you do a WU money transfer (I'm assuming you ordered from Szenco and not via eBay).?

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 AM   #415
Kagedmaniak

Yep - western union. I've used it before. It has a $25 fee though....
Old 02-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #416
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

Enco-B046

Quote:
Yes,that is safe,i tried many times and paid to szenco by it alwasys,no lie,not liar, don't worry too much!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #417
mrfurious214

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP
Thanks for the reviews. Quick questions.

1. How is driving at night with the unit on? I know you showed. The function where you can turn off the screen but if you dont do that, is the brightness too bright? Please answer for mutiple screens (gps, radio, etc). I assume with gps you can select in settings a night mode? Is there an automatic light detection to seitch the unit to night colors?

2. Please give a detailed review on BT while using for phone calls. I know it was reported already that the mic is crap. Any work around? Can we hook up a different mic or is this pretty much useless? I assume phone calls play through your speakers right?
mrfurious214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #418
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
For a $25 fee you could have as well used paypal - 5% of around $400 is less than $25. Even if you buy android version, the fee is about $25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfurious214 View Post
...I know it was reported already that the mic is crap. Any work around? Can we hook up a different mic or is this pretty much useless? I assume phone calls play through your speakers right?
Check out hoang's review thread - he said that the built-in mic was actually OK and totally useful.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #419
kvinal

My Ride: 323i
No try don't accept PayPal
kvinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #420
Kagedmaniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
For a $25 fee you could have as well used paypal - 5% of around $400 is less than $25. Even if you buy android version, the fee is about $25..
I realized that - but they don't accept Paypal - only Western Union or wire transfer.

Sort of unfortunate because I was going to buy a cable after I already purchased - but I would've had to pay another $15 fee, so I didn't.