E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #841
Kagedmaniak

My Ride: 01 M3
Just an update - I installed the wince model into my 2001 M3 w/ OEM Nav and HK. I have the olddd C43 radio, so the Fakra cable I bought didn't connect - I had to do a bit of soldering...you shouldn't have to worry about that if you have the newer radios/nav systems and it should be direct plug and play w/ the Fakra cable (i believe)

Now I just need to wire everything through the car-its sitting in my trunk currently
Kagedmaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #842
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedmaniak View Post
Just an update - I installed the wince model into my 2001 M3 w/ OEM Nav and HK. I have the olddd C43 radio, so the Fakra cable I bought didn't connect - I had to do a bit of soldering...you shouldn't have to worry about that if you have the newer radios/nav systems and it should be direct plug and play w/ the Fakra cable (i believe)

Now I just need to wire everything through the car-its sitting in my trunk currently
I you don't mind then some pic of the install will be fantastic. I have the OEM sat nav and I read online I will need the fakra cable to route into the boot. I done a few HU install in my time but this is new to me
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #843
refill

My Ride: 2000 323 Ci
Is it necessary to get a HVAC relocation plate? Couldn't the HVAC slip into where the sunglass carrier was? Or will it not click in place and sit flush?
refill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #844
meshokk

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker42 View Post
Will do brotha.... What kind of amp/speaker setups are folks using? I'm replacing a kenwood excelon retracting type monitor deal, also had a 4 channel excelon amp. It might suffice to run with this unit but I haven't figured it out yet. Need to get it together... The kenwood had some nice filtering capabilities ...

Setup looks nice bro! how is everything working for you?

Ken
Question to the guys who have seen the wiring. How many channel outs does the Enco have? I konw the Dynavin has Female bullet FR out, FL out, RF out, RL out, Sub out which makes it easy to connect to a 4 and/or more channel amp. What about the enco? The only thing they mention in the description is subwoofer out. Is this true? i am confused. I want to wire my music through additional amplifier for filtering abilities.
meshokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #845
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Thanks kvinal
Old 03-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #846
Mr_ceee

My Ride: 330CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szenco View Post
yes,we are testing new version..

Capacitive screen

A9 architecture

High speed

3G voice & WIFI avaiable ...

1G Memory

exciting

This sounds good. Any ideas of timescale?

Also what about the wifi fix for the existing units? It was advertised as having wifi but so far there have been no updates to make it work. This isn't very good customer service.
Mr_ceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #847
kvinal

My Ride: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshokk View Post
Question to the guys who have seen the wiring. How many channel outs does the Enco have? I konw the Dynavin has Female bullet FR out, FL out, RF out, RL out, Sub out which makes it easy to connect to a 4 and/or more channel amp. What about the enco? The only thing they mention in the description is subwoofer out. Is this true? i am confused. I want to wire my music through additional amplifier for filtering abilities.
Yes it has all the inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1331988010.074348.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	442304  
kvinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #848
kvinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by refill View Post
Is it necessary to get a HVAC relocation plate? Couldn't the HVAC slip into where the sunglass carrier was? Or will it not click in place and sit flush?
That's exactly right. It won't sit flush and "snap" in. I installed my unit but didn't have bracket it won't be here till Monday. So at that till I'll fix the hvac controls.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #849
Maysa 330

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:

Capacitive screen

A9 architecture

High speed

1G Memory

exciting

When is this available, i am about to order but if there is a better version i will wait.

I just got my price through - android $590 USD

im assuming:
450 - unit
70 - delivery
10 - maps
40 - digital TV
20 - reverse camera

is this correct for other android units ordered?
Maysa 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #850
Kagedmaniak

My Ride: 01 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by china man View Post
I you don't mind then some pic of the install will be fantastic. I have the OEM sat nav and I read online I will need the fakra cable to route into the boot. I done a few HU install in my time but this is new to me
Use this guide: http://lemalife.wordpress.com/2010/1...em-navigation/
Kagedmaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #851
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedmaniak View Post
wow, thanks.

Now I know what I need to do and its so simple
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #852
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:

Capacitive screen

A9 architecture

High speed

1G Memory

exciting
Are you preparing new WinCE version also? (capacitive screen, more memory, etc...)?

You should put just a bit more effort in development and incorporate OBD features (temperature readings, fuel consumption, range etc.) just like "the competition"...cough...Dyn...cough...unit.

And please, unlike "the competition unit", don't skyrocket the price.

Last edited by daki_bmw; 03-17-2012 at 12:45 PM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #853
Blown90

My Ride: 325i
Does someone have the link for the cheapest version? Thanks
Blown90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #854
kvinal

There's no link read the thread. :::
There's a reason we all post this thread full of info
Old 03-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #855
meshokk

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinal View Post
Yes it has all the inputs.
You mean outputs. Can't tell from the pic. So those are One pair of RCA's Front, one pair for rear and one RCA for sub?. 5 channels?

By the way, Amy told me a weak ago the wifi is a hardare problem and they were working on it. Also, shipping for the americas is cheap. they want $90 shipping to russia even though it borders. thats odd... I think to get wifi you can just plug in a dongle in one of the usb ports and install. even if the android had wifi, it would be too weak. an external dongle with a 5db antenna under the dash would catch wifi signal better.
meshokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #856
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
does the radio support RMS, im about to order B146
Old 03-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #857
Maysa 330

Has anyone else interested in the Android version asked about wifi? i have emailed Charles regarding the Wifi issue? I have been emailing him and waiting to order until the wifi situation has been confirmed but he said there will not be updates for 6 months?.

I want to order one but really want the wifi to use it fully - surely in 6 months they will have a new unit as opposed to updated software?

Has anyone else got an Android veraion and managed to get the Wifi sorted?
Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #858
Mr_ceee

My Ride: 330CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysa 330 View Post
Has anyone else interested in the Android version asked about wifi? i have emailed Charles regarding the Wifi issue? I have been emailing him and waiting to order until the wifi situation has been confirmed but he said there will not be updates for 6 months?.

I want to order one but really want the wifi to use it fully - surely in 6 months they will have a new unit as opposed to updated software?

Has anyone else got an Android veraion and managed to get the Wifi sorted?
I have asked them numerous times but the last time someone asked about it on here Charles just said they were testing out new hardware instead.
Mr_ceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #859
Maysa 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_ceee View Post
I have asked them numerous times but the last time someone asked about it on here Charles just said they were testing out new hardware instead.
Yeah, he told me the new one was 3 months from testing and 6 months from sales. If they seemingly have the new one half built are they going to bother fixing the existing issues - its the only thing stopping me ordering at the moment - even if there was a cheapish aftermarket plug in i could use..
Old 03-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #860
Ron ///Man

My Ride: 325XI
Trying to decide about powering up my system... weather to use the supplied amp in the unit for the fronts coupled with the Alpine 4 x 45 W in the trunk to power the subs, or use the Alpine amp in my trunk to power the front speakers and a new dedicated amp for the subs. I prefer to use the amp in the unit for the fronts, but that depends on how much power the Enco delivers... I've seen spec of 4x45W and 4x60W. Which is it, and more importantly, is that 'RMS' or 'Peak' power? RMS / Continuous power is way more significant than peak power which is almost meaningless since it can be spec'd at ungodly high distortion levels at small resistance loads. My front speakers are Polk 6.5 components and rears are Polk 6.5 co-ax's. Subs are CDT Cl69's 6x9's in the factory HK enclosures.

Anyone know the true RMS power output of Enco??

'04 330XI Sport 6 Speed Winter Snomobile
'91 M3 Club Racer
'91 M3 Faux EVO III Driver
Ron ///Man is offline   Reply With Quote