E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #1041
Dirty330i

My Ride: 04 330i, 07 Z4M
Quote:
Originally Posted by sackz23 View Post
Are you using an amp for the speakers or stock? I had to turn down my gains to keep the music at a reasonable volume (from 9 to 5 ... ).
It is the factory upgraded Harmon Kardon system
Dirty330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #1042
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
^I noticed that in Hoang's review video too. Volume level 1 seemed very loud.

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #1043
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
question for the android guys, where did you get poweramp from? i downloaded one that contained an unlocker and patcher and after a few days my license expires (after reading online its due to the fact it cannot connect to the server)

i tested a few music players like winamp and doubletwist and poweramp is easily the best one out of the bunch!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #1044
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
Man oh man I wish I had a tracking number. Reading all of these posts makes me jealous.
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #1045
Welke

My Ride: 2002 330ci
My gps doesnt work either, all it says is no signal, i reconnected the wire 20 times, i reset unit and still nothing.
Welke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 AM   #1046
sstalwar

My Ride: 540i
Android version

Just finished chatting with Jolly and learnt that blue tooth is not supported on Android version. So, if I am using google maps as navigation app (using 3g or wifi in future), would I not be able to take phone call via HU using Blue Tooth?
Can some one please confirm if BT is working with the android version? Am I missing something?
Thanks.
sstalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #1047
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
does anyone know of an upgraded gps antenna.at first install picked up signal within a minute but lately at least 5 minutes.had to use nav yesterday and took over 10 minutes for signal and getting annoying.when i do get signal its really strong full across the board but takes way to long to get it.
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #1048
Dirty330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawracerx View Post
does anyone know of an upgraded gps antenna.at first install picked up signal within a minute but lately at least 5 minutes.had to use nav yesterday and took over 10 minutes for signal and getting annoying.when i do get signal its really strong full across the board but takes way to long to get it.
Where did you place the antenna? I placed mine behind the HU and seems to work good, but if youre having problems run the wire under your dash trim and place the antenna on your dash in the corner by your pillar. You should be able to find a replacement easily enough, eBay (however these will likely be of the same quality); Maybe try a local car audio shop...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #1049
kawracerx

ya i have in same spot behind radio,just weird used to get signal rather fast and now its slow.and like i said i get great signal once it finally gets it just takes a while.will check audio store and c,thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #1050
Golos

My Ride: 330ci
I read every page of this thread and I still cannot figure out if Szenco unit will work on my car, and if yes what I need to buy to install it properly. I have 2001 330 coupe pre-facelift with HK system, factory navigation, 6 CD changer and built in GSM phone. Here are the pictures:

In the trunk:

Anyone can tell me if CE unit will work for me and what harness and adapters to buy?
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #1051
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
OOOHHH she says shipping today, tracking tonight!!!!
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #1052
Chayan

My Ride: 330i 04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welke View Post
My gps doesnt work either, all it says is no signal, i reconnected the wire 20 times, i reset unit and still nothing.
Maybe you need to check the port number on settings.

Hoang031 mentioned when he did the instal on his original review.

"1. iGo8 (on microsd) is set to port 1 but needs to be set to port 2 for gps to work properly. It doesn't save when you switch it but if you take the microsd and plug it into a computer, go find the gps settings file and change port=1 to port=2, it'll work"

I hope that will fix your problem
Chayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #1053
m7alj

My Ride: 330 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayan View Post
Maybe you need to check the port number on settings.

Hoang031 mentioned when he did the instal on his original review.

"1. iGo8 (on microsd) is set to port 1 but needs to be set to port 2 for gps to work properly. It doesn't save when you switch it but if you take the microsd and plug it into a computer, go find the gps settings file and change port=1 to port=2, it'll work"

I hope that will fix your problem
I've just moved my gps antena to top of windscreen & still It don't work I'm a bit basic on computers I've just put card into computer & I haven't got a clue what to do there seems to be loads of folders can someone please explain what I need to do to change this port setting thank you to anyone who can help
m7alj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #1054
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
I have 3 tracking number for UK not sure which website to check progress tho and they will be sleeping now until tomorrow
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #1055
Dirty330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by china man View Post
I have 3 tracking number for UK not sure which website to check progress tho and they will be sleeping now until tomorrow
Google DHL tracking and punch in The number
Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #1056
eu teo

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
I read every page of this thread and I still cannot figure out if Szenco unit will work on my car, and if yes what I need to buy to install it properly. I have 2001 330 coupe pre-facelift with HK system, factory navigation, 6 CD changer and built in GSM phone. Here are the pictures:

In the trunk:

Anyone can tell me if CE unit will work for me and what harness and adapters to buy?
i think you need one of these adapters

http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavin...kra-cable-kit/
eu teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #1057
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Origin Service Area: HONG KONG - KWUN TONG - HONG KONG
Destination Service Area: BIRMINGHAM - CANNOCK - UK

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 02:30
Destination Service Area: TEESSIDE - STOCKTON ON TEES - UK

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 00:51
Destination Service Area: LONDON - HEATHROW - PETTS WOOD - UK

One of them is mine can't wait, but I will need to get a cable to run the connection to the trunk and also a bluetooth OBE2 device to run the apps ......
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #1058
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eu teo View Post
i think you need one of these adapters

http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavin...kra-cable-kit/
Get it here instead - cheaper

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #1059
kawracerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7alj View Post
I've just moved my gps antena to top of windscreen & still It don't work I'm a bit basic on computers I've just put card into computer & I haven't got a clue what to do there seems to be loads of folders can someone please explain what I need to do to change this port setting thank you to anyone who can help
open igo on sd card,go to syt folder and open it using notepad if it doesnt do it autamatically.scroll down til you see gps and you will see port if its at 1 change 1 to a 2,simple as that.go to edit in notepad and save then safely eject sd card and try again on car. i also noticed on mine when i change things i will have to redo igo.exe in nav settings again for it to c the change.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #1060
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7alj View Post
Start here:

Open:

Edit:
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote