E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #1141
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Yes. Supposed to be plug and play.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #1142
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2t2 View Post
That could be a feature. I have HU's in other vehicles that have an option to set the degree of increase as the cabin noise increases. Perhaps there is a setting in the unit's A/V menus.
If is a feature I will like to know how to turn it off, I have reset my unit over 8 times and the volume issue drives me crazy specially when you driving long distances
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #1143
koksi1992

My Ride: e46 320d
Now i am getting angry i waited 1 month to have it here and installed all cables and removed all the things for the stock radio and now it does nothing
koksi1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #1144
Dirty330i

My Ride: 04 330i, 07 Z4M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Couple of questions:

My volume in radio goes up and down as I drive. For example , I set to volume 1 and while driving and speeding it will sound louder but not changing the level 1 , if I slow down it will sound lower but still volume 1. Also notice that when there is heavy bass, it will go louder too . I can post video of this.

Second, anyway that when you in reverse your music keeps playing???
Thanks

To help others, I figure out a solution for the problem that when you turn your car it randomly picks a mode.

This is because all your inputs from the back of your unit are touching causing an interference. And you have to imagine all the wires back there being smashed together, the chance of it touching the chassis is quite high.
So put electrical tape in all the Rca's and you will not have this problem .
For your volume problem go into the Nav side and hit settings, there is a box called "Dynamic Volume" uncheck the box turning this feature off and that *should* stop the varying volume with speed.
Cheers
Dirty330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #1145
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty330i View Post
Actually still trying to figure that one out... I'm wondering if maybe it had to do with the volume setting on the factory unit prior to removing it and installing the new Enco... I've checked all the settings and can't find a way to adjust it other than lowering all the treble, bass, and subwoofer levels into the negative but sound quality suffers that way so I've kept it at normal levels and keep the volume at 2-4...

I'm open to any suggestions if anyone has any ideas...
I posted a solution to the volume problem earlier in this thread. It is because you have the hk system. What you need is to install a line output converter. You then can adjust volume. I installed mine in the trunk at the factory amp. very easy to do, now my volume is working properly. I was having the same problem. you need an adjustable loc. Mine was about 50 dollars online.
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #1146
Dirty330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeaddict View Post
I posted a solution to the volume problem earlier in this thread. It is because you have the hk system. What you need is to install a line output converter. You then can adjust volume. I installed mine in the trunk at the factory amp. very easy to do, now my volume is working properly. I was having the same problem. you need an adjustable loc. Mine was about 50 dollars online.
Thanks alot ill look into that. I'm not really an audio guy... What is involved in the install of an Adjustable Line Output Converter...
Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #1147
Breyton-BMW

My antenna is defective. I was able to borrow a similar antenna and it works.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #1148
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeaddict View Post
Perhaps prior to buying more stuff and ripping everything apart, you should try Dirty330i's solution first? One should always try the simplest and least draconian steps first. And I will cost nothing more than a couple of minutes of your time. Well worth it if it corrects your issue.
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #1149
Dirty330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2t2 View Post
Perhaps prior to buying more stuff and ripping everything apart, you should try Dirty330i's solution first? One should always try the simplest and least draconian steps first. And I will cost nothing more than a couple of minutes of your time. Well worth it if it corrects your issue.
I think Bikeaddict was refering to a problem I posted earlier in the thread which was having to keep the volume set super low (like 1 or 2 because it is so loud constantly) and

My suggestion of the dynamic volume setting (changing volume depending on speed) was for Wickedly 's problem...
Old 04-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #1150
Spiritwalker42

My Ride: '02 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty330i View Post
I think Bikeaddict was refering to a problem I posted earlier in the thread which was having to keep the volume set super low (like 1 or 2 because it is so loud constantly)
Have you been able to get ur volume to work better? I think I remember you saying you turned the gain down on ur amp to help....

Thx,

from HTC

Spiritwalker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #1151
koksi1992

Here are 2 videos where you can see my problem:

I realy donīt think that anybody can help me but it is worth a try.

I also emailed Charles so lets see!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #1152
Breyton-BMW

Have you checked the fuses?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #1153
koksi1992

yes fuses are ok!

one in the filter box or how it is called and the one in the radio.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #1154
Breyton-BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by koksi1992 View Post
yes fuses are ok!

one in the filter box or how it is called and the one in the radio.
What about the fuse for the radio in car's fusebox?

Old 04-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #1155
koksi1992

It has to be ok otherwise the Radio wouldnt get electicity or am i wrong?

I installed my original radio now and it display "disabled"

Wats this?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #1156
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
The radio is not seeing the K-bus thats why it says disabled. Check that the pin connectors have not worked their way out of their mounts - they might be loose or just not sitting correctly on the harness.
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #1157
t0rt0r0

My Ride: E46
Hi everyone !

Received my unit (B046) two weeks ago and installed it into my car (French one).

Unfortunately, the given GPS antenna was not working (the signal wire was weld with the mass / bulk ... !!! ).

I paid for another antenna on my own and now, the unit don't want to see any GPS satellite ...
I also repaired the first antenna and it now works on another handheld GPS device, but not on the enco unit ...

I think that the delivered antenna (that was in short circuit) messed up the unit ... so I'm chatting with Jolly to send the unit back and hope there is any support.

Still waiting for Jolly answer's ...
t0rt0r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #1158
Dirty330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker42 View Post
Have you been able to get ur volume to work better? I think I remember you saying you turned the gain down on ur amp to help....

Thx,

from HTC
Not really you can make it a little less loud by turning down the levels for bass, treble and subwoofer in the sound settings but sound quality suffers so I didn't really think they minute gains were worth it... I'll try what bikeaddict suggested and install and Adjustable Line Out Converter to the amp and see if that helps...

Last edited by Dirty330i; 04-02-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #1159
M127

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe/CB/6MT
For anyone owns this unit..... Is there a max size card you can use for the media side of this device? I.e., would a 32 or 64gb card work full of mp3's?
M127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #1160
Welke

My Ride: 2002 330ci
well i installed 3 weeks ago gps isnt working i contacted jolly said she was going to send me a new antenna, been emailing her for almost 2 weeks with absolutely no response. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. She had no problem contacting me promptly when i wanted to purchase the unit, but when i have a problem she refuses to answer.
Welke is offline   Reply With Quote