E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #1181
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Here are some pics of how my unit looks at night

Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #1182
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Wow... It's really quite tight (spacewise) in the dash! I had a helluva time getting the GPS recognize the sats... I finally removed the GPS antenna and re-installed it. After that it finally decided that I really wasn't in Canada! Now here's a question I want to ask of those that just got their HU's this last round. Did anyone get the wrong antenna adapter? I got the one for the '02+ units and I'm pretty sure I need the other one.I think that with all these individual orders that the mfg is getting some of the orders mixed up. Also, is anyone missing stuff that they may have ordered? Maybe we should setup a parts exchange program.
So far, I'm pretty pleased with the unit. Once I have some time with it, I'll put the iGo Primo on the SD and see if I like that any better.
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #1183
parrot

My Ride: E46 318iA touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
Unit arrived and is installed.

Few thoughts.. man, it's a pita to get it in with all of those wires. My steering wheel controls seem slow to respond. My channel up channel down buttons go one frequency at a time, rather than "next stored channel".. any idea how to fix that?

I have the HK volume issue as well.. that's annoying. real annoying.

install ing the rearview camera... anyone have a walk through for this? Just curious how they ran the wire. I also assume it's the yellow vid cable with the pink wire on each end? where does the pink wire go?

I have a lot of playing to do yet.. but I'm pretty happy with it. Not ecstatic... but pretty happy.

my GPS works. Mounted the antenna on the frame in the radio bay as others did. Worked instantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Here are some pics of how my unit looks at night
@ both, Android or winCE?
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:47 AM   #1184
t0rt0r0

My Ride: E46
Been emailing Jolly at least three times for my GPS issue (caused by their wrong GPS antenna) ... no answers yet ... !

BE AWARE THAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG THERE IS NOT ANY SUPPORT FROM SZENCO (This should be putted in the first thread page no ?)

Now I'm going to send mail until I have a response ...
t0rt0r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #1185
ccagle

My Ride: 02' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rt0r0 View Post
Been emailing Jolly at least three times for my GPS issue (caused by their wrong GPS antenna) ... no answers yet ... !

BE AWARE THAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG THERE IS NOT ANY SUPPORT FROM SZENCO (This should be putted in the first thread page no ?)

Now I'm going to send mail until I have a response ...
You're not going to get a response until tomorrow and late tomorrow if then. It's Tomb-Sweeping Holiday so they have been closed since Monday. Jolly emailed me and let me know they wouldn't be available until Friday (my time here on the east coast). Just giving you the heads up... They're not "gone"... Just have a few days off.. So easy young Jedi... The Chinese take off also (although not too often)!!!!
ccagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #1186
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
here is a link to the adjustable loc that i bought and it works great and fixes the volume problem.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=380420310050
I installed mine right at the amp in the trunk, easy to get to and adjust
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #1187
Golos

My Ride: 330ci
Can you share more details? How did you wire it to HK Amp?
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #1188
parrot

Can someone with an Android unit please confirm that

- 3G is working
- Audio on DVD and AVI etc. is working

?? That would be great! Thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #1189
Dirty330i

My Ride: 04 330i, 07 Z4M
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2t2 View Post
Wow... It's really quite tight (spacewise) in the dash! I had a helluva time getting the GPS recognize the sats... I finally removed the GPS antenna and re-installed it. After that it finally decided that I really wasn't in Canada! Now here's a question I want to ask of those that just got their HU's this last round. Did anyone get the wrong antenna adapter? I got the one for the '02+ units and I'm pretty sure I need the other one.I think that with all these individual orders that the mfg is getting some of the orders mixed up. Also, is anyone missing stuff that they may have ordered? Maybe we should setup a parts exchange program.
So far, I'm pretty pleased with the unit. Once I have some time with it, I'll put the iGo Primo on the SD and see if I like that any better.
I ordered two antenna adapters that I read here were necessary (one for me one for my buddy) neither of us needed them so I can send you one (free) if you need it. Not 100% sure it's the one you need though it should be.
Cheers
Dirty330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #1190
Dirty330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeaddict View Post
here is a link to the adjustable loc that i bought and it works great and fixes the volume problem.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=380420310050
I installed mine right at the amp in the trunk, easy to get to and adjust
Thanks for the link. Sorry for being dumb but what does the install involve? Do you just put it in between the wires going into the amp then plug it into the amp? Any pics you have would be helpful.
Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #1191
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
WinCe, is playing it safe. Android has too many hardware issues.
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #1192
parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
WinCe, is playing it safe. Android has too many hardware issues.
Such as? I know Wifi isn't working but what else? You don't have Wifi on WinCE either. I would love to use winamp or poweramp, Navdroyd and of course Torque.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #1193
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot View Post
@ both, Android or winCE?

WinCe...

is there a way to get to a "desktop" on wince? How do I enable WiFi? I guess I assumed that there would be an Internet browser and everything??
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #1194
Welke

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Dirty 330i would you mind sending one to me? My unit did not come with it.
Welke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #1195
Welke

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Tortoro I'm having the same problem, she hasn't responded since last Wednesday and wants me to buy another gps antenna to test it! Why would I spend more money to test THEIR mistake. I've been battling with them to get a new antenna out, but cannot get a straight answer from anyone
Welke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #1196
t0rt0r0

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccagle View Post
You're not going to get a response until tomorrow and late tomorrow if then. It's Tomb-Sweeping Holiday so they have been closed since Monday. Jolly emailed me and let me know they wouldn't be available until Friday (my time here on the east coast). Just giving you the heads up... They're not "gone"... Just have a few days off.. So easy young Jedi... The Chinese take off also (although not too often)!!!!
Yes but I emailed her last week so I'm starting to think that something is wrong ... :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welke View Post
Tortoro I'm having the same problem, she hasn't responded since last Wednesday and wants me to buy another gps antenna to test it! Why would I spend more money to test THEIR mistake. I've been battling with them to get a new antenna out, but cannot get a straight answer from anyone
I understand, because in first I also tried to get a new antenna to test ... (finally repaired it myself ...).

Please post any customer support updates
t0rt0r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #1197
siffion

My Ride: 330ci Vert M Sport
WIFI Working

hello all, i dont post on here much as im a regular on e46zone, but i can confirm that wifi does indeed work as follows

i purchased a powered usb hub from ebay, as well as a usb wifi dongle, on powering up, and switching on wifi on the android side, either by the power option widget, or via the settings menus, all local wifi routers were detected, and i was able to connect, a wifi logo then appeared in the top right of the unit, and was able to surf as normal

the bluetooth is a bit more tricky, as the api for both phone, and bluetooth have been omitted from the ROM, we have 2 options here.

install a compatible API allowing bluetooth to work
or probably the better option
see if a custom ROM can be created installed that will support the chipset in the device

there is a post on here ref a dynavin ROM, but i have not had a reply from the owner to see if the ROM is compatible, (personally i dont think it is, due to a different chipset)

going back to my usb hub setup, i have both my 3g dongle, and wifi dongle attached to this without issue.

wifi is slow to start, but does work. confirmed

hope this helps
siffion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #1198
atbecstacy

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3 AW 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
Unit arrived and is installed.

Few thoughts.. man, it's a pita to get it in with all of those wires. My steering wheel controls seem slow to respond. My channel up channel down buttons go one frequency at a time, rather than "next stored channel".. any idea how to fix that?

I have the HK volume issue as well.. that's annoying. real annoying.

install ing the rearview camera... anyone have a walk through for this? Just curious how they ran the wire. I also assume it's the yellow vid cable with the pink wire on each end? where does the pink wire go?

I have a lot of playing to do yet.. but I'm pretty happy with it. Not ecstatic... but pretty happy.

my GPS works. Mounted the antenna on the frame in the radio bay as others did. Worked instantly.
Thanks for the review.. I have a HK sound system in my M3 as well. Which issue are you referring to -- is that where its either really quiet, or instantly really loud?
atbecstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #1199
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
0= silent, 1= audible, 2=boarder line too loud, 3= loud, 4=very loud, 5= havent tried that high.

I found in the review thread by hoang or who ever it was... there is a great vid on the backup cam. Might tackle that this evening...

Last edited by Keith Billanti; 04-04-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #1200
Dirty330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welke View Post
Dirty 330i would you mind sending one to me? My unit did not come with it.
Yep I can mail it to you PM me your address.