E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 66 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #1201
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
couple of issues i noticed

when using bluetooth the number that shows up is only 10 digits and for most cell numbers i have 1 in front eg 14161234567, is there a way to make it show 11 digits??

also as for the ipod how can i browse my genre, ar**** and albums.. so far ive been selecting the album or artist from the ipod then hooking it up to b146 unit...

is there a way to disable the caution window for video while driving etc....

thanks

ps. perhaps we should start a new thread about troubleshooting Enco unit cause this thread is gettting too long.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #1202
ccagle

My Ride: 02' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rt0r0 View Post
Yes but I emailed her last week so I'm starting to think that something is wrong ... :/

I understand, because in first I also tried to get a new antenna to test ... (finally repaired it myself ...).

Please post any customer support updates
I received an email from Jolly Monday...
ccagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #1203
t0rt0r0

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccagle View Post
I received an email from Jolly Monday...
Well, that's unfortunately what I was thinking ...

Who else is in trouble for support ?
t0rt0r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #1204
Welke

My Ride: 2002 330ci
I do, my gps hasn't worked since I got it 3 weeks ago and she has yet to try and fix my situation Its absolutely rediculous
Welke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #1205
E46iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
WinCe...

is there a way to get to a "desktop" on wince? How do I enable WiFi? I guess I assumed that there would be an Internet browser and everything??
yes there is wince registry crack that you can google.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #1206
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46iT View Post
couple of issues i noticed

when using bluetooth the number that shows up is only 10 digits and for most cell numbers i have 1 in front eg 14161234567, is there a way to make it show 11 digits??

also as for the ipod how can i browse my genre, ar**** and albums.. so far ive been selecting the album or artist from the ipod then hooking it up to b146 unit...

is there a way to disable the caution window for video while driving etc....

thanks

ps. perhaps we should start a new thread about troubleshooting Enco unit cause this thread is gettting too long.

For the iPod or iPhone issue , you will need to jailbreak it, I have my iPod touch jailbreak and I can use it while is plug in, no caution window will show up
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #1207
SmokeyDP

My Ride: 2001 M3
I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for them to offer an option where they ship the thing with a known working Bluetooth and Wifi adapter. They are cheap enough in bulk anyway.
Schrick cams - AFE intake - Custom Tune - Supersprint full exhaust - Evosport pulleys - UUC Evo 3 short shift kit - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - Euro rear floating rotors - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - Adjustable rear camber arms - Black 2005 competition package interior - Vorsteiner CSL front bumper - 19" CSL wheels
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #1208
E46iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
For the iPod or iPhone issue , you will need to jailbreak it, I have my iPod touch jailbreak and I can use it while is plug in, no caution window will show up
i have no problem using my iphone with the head unit, its just that i can not change albums, artists etc using the encob146 unit?? is there a way to to able to browse songs/genre/playlists/artists on the headunit?
Old 04-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #1209
Fabio328ci

My Ride: 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by siffion View Post
WIFI Working

hello all, i dont post on here much as im a regular on e46zone, but i can confirm that wifi does indeed work as follows

i purchased a powered usb hub from ebay, as well as a usb wifi dongle, on powering up, and switching on wifi on the android side, either by the power option widget, or via the settings menus, all local wifi routers were detected, and i was able to connect, a wifi logo then appeared in the top right of the unit, and was able to surf as normal

the bluetooth is a bit more tricky, as the api for both phone, and bluetooth have been omitted from the ROM, we have 2 options here.

install a compatible API allowing bluetooth to work
or probably the better option
see if a custom ROM can be created installed that will support the chipset in the device

there is a post on here ref a dynavin ROM, but i have not had a reply from the owner to see if the ROM is compatible, (personally i dont think it is, due to a different chipset)

going back to my usb hub setup, i have both my 3g dongle, and wifi dongle attached to this without issue.

wifi is slow to start, but does work. confirmed

hope this helps
Can you share more detail about wifi dongle and where you connect or explain how to make it work?

thanks

Last edited by Fabio328ci; 04-04-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Fabio328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #1210
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
Okay.. here are my thoughts of the day on the HK volume issue.

If I use any other input.. i.e. the Bluetooth to play music, a reasonable volume is "15". Yet, on the radio, 2 is too loud. I just don't understand why? I think this has to be something that is adjustable through programming..

further more, if I add the adjustable line at the amp as mentioned, wouldn't all of the other inputs then be too quiet??

also==== wheel controls are almost completely useless. The volume works.. a little. meaning... push it 10 times.. then the volume goes down 3 levels... and when I use the select next channel buttons, it goes one frequency at a time.. rather than to the next channel.. any suggestions for this?

Last edited by Keith Billanti; 04-04-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #1211
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
Okay.. here are my thoughts of the day on the HK volume issue.

If I use any other input.. i.e. the Bluetooth to play music, a reasonable volume is "15". Yet, on the radio, 2 is too loud. I just don't understand why? I think this has to be something that is adjustable through programming..

further more, if I add the adjustable line at the amp as mentioned, wouldn't all of the other inputs then be too quiet??

also==== wheel controls are almost completely useless. The volume works.. a little. meaning... push it 10 times.. then the volume goes down 3 levels... and when I use the select next channel buttons, it goes one frequency at a time.. rather than to the next channel.. any suggestions for this?

i have same issue with radio crazy loud and everything else like you said 15 or so is decently loud.i adjusted treble to -2 and bass to -2 but then when playing cd or movie it suffers alot.i dont get it and is annoying as heck since i'm constantly having my 2 month old in car,someone must know a way to fix radio volume issue,cant see just a few of us must be all i would imagine having this issue.like said above everything else is normal so a loc would screw everything else up.as for your wheel controls i found you have to push the button and hold for split second and works just fine,but as for presets mine does the same 1 freq at a time which i dont mind that much.
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #1212
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Dirty330i... Thanks for the offer. I already got a proper pre '02 adapter. So if anyone needs the newer style Euro antenna adapter, ping me and I'll be happy to pass it on to someone that needs it.

As for the radio volume issue... Ditto. I thought that I read (somewhere inthis thread) that the GPS and Radio were run from different boards. If all the audio sources originated from the GPS board, I could see where there could be a discrepancy in volume. I guess that would mean that someone would have to hack the radio OS and work on the volume control. Of course this purely conjecture/assumption on my part...
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #1213
korsar

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by siffion View Post
WIFI Working

hello all, i dont post on here much as im a regular on e46zone, but i can confirm that wifi does indeed work as follows

i purchased a powered usb hub from ebay, as well as a usb wifi dongle, on powering up, and switching on wifi on the android side, either by the power option widget, or via the settings menus, all local wifi routers were detected, and i was able to connect, a wifi logo then appeared in the top right of the unit, and was able to surf as normal

the bluetooth is a bit more tricky, as the api for both phone, and bluetooth have been omitted from the ROM, we have 2 options here.

install a compatible API allowing bluetooth to work
or probably the better option
see if a custom ROM can be created installed that will support the chipset in the device

there is a post on here ref a dynavin ROM, but i have not had a reply from the owner to see if the ROM is compatible, (personally i dont think it is, due to a different chipset)

going back to my usb hub setup, i have both my 3g dongle, and wifi dongle attached to this without issue.

wifi is slow to start, but does work. confirmed

hope this helps
record video please
korsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:26 AM   #1214
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
what adapter did you use? i tried a usb wireless adapter i purchased from frys snd it wouldnt catch. it appears you might need an adapter with a realtek chip for it to work

Last edited by w0w; 04-05-2012 at 02:28 AM.
w0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #1215
mintimperial

My Ride: 2003 530i Sport
Wifi

Hi All, I know siffion from e46 zone and have the same setup with the B046

The wifi adapter he used, and I've ordered is this one.. once plugged in, just go to wifi in settings and it works.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250814312614

Hope this helps.

Also, siffion recommended a different launcher available from the android market.

Heres Siffions pic of the wifi working. (hope you don't mind me posting Siff?)

Heres a few shots of the alternate 3d launcher. Works a treat.

Sorry about the grainy images, only had my iphone to hand.

mintimperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #1216
Fabio328ci

My Ride: 328Ci
It is based on realtek 8188cu chipset...
Fabio328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #1217
Golos

My Ride: 330ci
What about powered usb hub? It this a must to make Wi-Fi work or it will also work when plugged directly to the unit?
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #1218
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

My Ride: M3 bmw e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintimperial View Post
Hi All, I know siffion from e46 zone and have the same setup with the B046

The wifi adapter he used, and I've ordered is this one.. once plugged in, just go to wifi in settings and it works.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250814312614

Hope this helps.

Also, siffion recommended a different launcher available from the android market.

Heres Siffions pic of the wifi working. (hope you don't mind me posting Siff?)

Heres a few shots of the alternate 3d launcher. Works a treat.

Sorry about the grainy images, only had my iphone to hand.

wow.... great!
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #1219
TiKORE

My Ride: 2005 BMW M3
Hey everyone. Just installed the WINCE Clone lastnight. First off, it isnt easy getting trim and A/C vents off. Second, installing the camera is horrible because it simply doesnt fit, get ready to sand and drill. All in all it works OK.

Issues
1) The same sound issue as everyone else various levels of sound.
2) The navigation works sometimes and doesnt other times
3) The software seems to have 2 versions that run at various times. You will see the normal screen with all the various uses and then BOOM you go to that screen and you are looking at a totally different multimedia screen that sucks. Its annoying.

A) Can someone send me an updated navigation like igo primo v2.0? I dont really like the one that came with it.
B) Anyone know what I am talking about in regards to the 2 random versions of software?

Sidenote: Bluetooth works great and had pandora streaming on this thing is seconds. Sounded really good.

Thanks everyone
Joshua
TiKORE
TiKORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #1220
m7alj

My Ride: 330 convertible
Wink Radio

It's lovely are new car radio and thank you
We loving it
m7alj is offline   Reply With Quote