E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #1421
mrwhite

My Ride: 325ti SE Compact
mine, (uk version) came with an antenna from jolly...
does the us version not come with one too ?
mrwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #1422
dlsderoo

My Ride: 323ci
Breyton-Bmw

Do you have a picture of how you mounted it and is there any special style needed. Now you say its has signal booster is that 12v powered?
dlsderoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #1423
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhite View Post
mine, (uk version) came with an antenna from jolly...
does the us version not come with one too ?
mine did not come with the DVB-T antenna, I bought a ebay jobbie and left it against the rear screen, very good signals

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1107929398...84.m1439.l2649
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #1424
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsderoo View Post
Breyton-Bmw

Do you have a picture of how you mounted it and is there any special style needed. Now you say its has signal booster is that 12v powered?
I mounted it in the upper left corner of the rear windshield much like the position of the left antenna in my pic above (the pic is of 2 antennas). This is for analog tv though. Make sure what type signal you have before buying. Yes it is powered by the car. I had it hooked to the acc key position.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #1425
GodsSon

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATACINC View Post
Well I got the deck installed and I have a USB powered hard drive. The deck will show usb but then when I try and select anything it says "Invalid Key" then everything it goes to "DVD Car" Any suggestions on how I can get this deck to read a "Western Digital Elements SE" 750 GB.
I interested in this as well. I think the Enco does not supply enough power to the USB ports to power your drive. You will need a drive that requires a separate power source. Also you will want to use a solid state drive as bumps in the road may cause a regular drive to skip and reset and may cause hard drive faults. Any try this?

Last edited by GodsSon; 04-25-2012 at 11:22 PM.
GodsSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #1426
BM330

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via Skype™ to BM330
hello !! I want to get wi-fi working my on Android device. Is this going to work on my device or I need to buy another ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1806579808...ht_3940wt_1185
Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #1427
china man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM330 View Post
hello !! I want to get wi-fi working my on Android device. Is this going to work on my device or I need to buy another ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1806579808...ht_3940wt_1185
Thats the one I am using
Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #1428
mc4ren

My Ride: E46 320D
Guys, aren't you having system crashes after update to latest Google Maps? I also get "GPS signal lost" withe Google Navigation.
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #1429
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4ren View Post
Guys, aren't you having system crashes after update to latest Google Maps? I also get "GPS signal lost" withe Google Navigation.
yes, ever since the update my unit hangs at the "google navigation beta" screen. i had to revert back to the older version
Old 04-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #1430
china man

MyWi app on iphone now allow me to use tethering and having wifi on the go means more app

does anyone else find the unit not responding quick enough? at times it is like click and wait 1-2 sec before it react....... I check for ram usage and the bar show 175MB, I am sure the spec says 512Mb?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #1431
siffion

My Ride: 330ci Vert M Sport
the Rom is the issue with performance, we need to find a rom that has been stripped to its bare essentials, and with the bluetooth API installed, the ROM should be based on the "Android for Telechips, TCC8900 Evaluation Board (U.S.)" chipset.

i have a few here to test, but i need to root the original ROM 1st so i can backup the existing with titanium backup pro or similar

im confident that once a better rom is introduced performance will be increased, even by rooting overclocking may help setcpu or again similar.

if anyone has has success with either a different rom, or rooting then please reply, so we can all help to improve this unit
siffion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #1432
siffion

the Rom is the issue with performance, we need to find a rom that has been stripped to its bare essentials, and with the bluetooth API installed, the ROM should be based on the "Android for Telechips, TCC8900 Evaluation Board (U.S.)" chipset.

i have a few here to test, but i need to root the original ROM 1st so i can backup the existing with titanium backup pro or similar

im confident that once a better rom is introduced performance will be increased, even by rooting overclocking may help setcpu or again similar.

if anyone has has success with either a different rom, or rooting then please reply, so we can all help to improve this unit
Old 04-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #1433
china man

I installed the launcher pro and install a auto kill task program. Much better response than the go launcher ex installed. Same as everyone else I wouldn't try flashing the ROM in case I can go back and brick the unit.....surly we could just get the orginal rom from Charles or jolly ?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #1434
siffion

mintimperial on e46zone has tried. if we have the original we would be laughing
Old 04-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #1435
jayjay_dee

My Ride: '10 X5 35d, '05 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by koksi1992 View Post
Hy i am new at this Forum and i hava a problem intalling my B146

I connected all wires an that thing doesnt want to start

On the red and the yellow wire is electricity!

Do i have to do anything else that it starts for the first time?

greets

Im having the same issue...

backlight (orange) is on but the screen is blank, pressing the power button changed nothing, same with the reset button....

whats going on?
jayjay_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #1436
mrwhite

try this thread for the best b146 support so as not to confuse with this b046 one
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=914299

but if your certain all connections are plugged in correctly and your not getting any thing, then contact the seller to request a replacement unit
Old 04-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #1437
guardedandburnt

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay_dee View Post
Im having the same issue...

backlight (orange) is on but the screen is blank, pressing the power button changed nothing, same with the reset button....

whats going on?
I also have the same issue with the B046. Rather than send the friggin' unit back to China I am attempting to have it repaired at a shop. Parts are on order and I am waiting with my dash, etc. torn apart for the past two weeks. For the price of repairs and stalled installations on top of the initial price of the unit and shipping, etc. the Dynavin is looking more and more attractive.
guardedandburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #1438
t0rt0r0

My Ride: E46
Does anyone know a good usb GPS receiver for Android ?

My GPS isn't working since I got the unit and this fuc*i*g Jolly don't answer when you need support ... so I need to find something else.

Also, how do you plug the usb GPS or Wifi receiver ? Through the usb port on the back ? (one for music and one for android ? that's it ?).

Thanks in advance !
t0rt0r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #1439
china man

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rt0r0 View Post
Does anyone know a good usb GPS receiver for Android ?

My GPS isn't working since I got the unit and this fuc*i*g Jolly don't answer when you need support ... so I need to find something else.

Also, how do you plug the usb GPS or Wifi receiver ? Through the usb port on the back ? (one for music and one for android ? that's it ?).

Thanks in advance !
Right angle USB adapter at the back x 2, extend the cables into glove box. One for android and one for wince

Couldn't help u with gps receiver but have u try unscrewing the gold connector and put it back together? I read some user had problem with the connectors at the rear and they didn't leave enough space to allow for connectors and install with normal USB cable or gps connector destory the rear ports when you screw in the unit from the front. Post from iPhone so sorry for spelling and grammar in advance
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #1440
mrwhite

i had struggles with a normal usb cables., so had to get 90 degree right hand ones, i ran them through to central console though and flush mounted one of them (GPS) them and ran the other through with more flexibility (to connect to a phone or mp3 player with a line in connected to the aux in on the back of the unit) into the covered area in front of that as felt more accessible and gave better access than glove box.