E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #1561
dlsderoo

My Ride: 323ci
I am willing to throw 25 bucks your way to start a pool for a unit.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #1562
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsderoo View Post
I am willing to throw 25 bucks your way to start a pool for a unit.

surely $5 a head on here will be enough to buy one?

I have asked them to give me the original ROM but the computer says no
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #1563
dlsderoo

My Ride: 323ci
Well I'm interested in if he can rip the programing off the new unit so im willing to buy the first 30 pack
Old 05-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #1564
kareubs

My Ride: 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
Hi guys

Ive put together a custom rom for the Dynavin Android and have received a few request from ENCO owners to build a custom rom for you guys here. I dont currently own a Enco unit but if you guys can convince http://www.szenco.com/ to send me a free unit I will be more than happy to build a custom ROM for everyone here to download for free. Hopefully I will be able fix some of the problems you guys are having with the Enco Android OS.
Hi m3evolution - I'm not sure it would be easy to convince szenco to send you a free unit, but here's another option if you are willing... I noticed you are in the Bay Area. I'm in Central Valley.

I downloaded ADW Launcher and now I'm getting force close issues. See post #1503 on page 76 and I attached a couple of pictures and a video. I currently do not have any use on the Android side. I've emailed Jolly several times and all I got is that she has conveyed my issues with their engineers. It's been several weeks now and I haven't heard from her in a while.

I'm not sure if this will work or even if you are willing, knowing I have force close issues, but I can take my HU out and send it to you so you can play around with it and maybe get a custom ROM for us clone owners. All I'm asking is that you take care of my unit as if it was yours LOL.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by kareubs; 05-21-2012 at 04:38 AM.
kareubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #1565
siffion

My Ride: 330ci Vert M Sport
i am very interseted in this also

one issue i am having is getting the unit to be recognised by windows.

i have installed andoid SDK, and the drivers onto the 32bit win7 laptop that i have, nut on connecting the unit via usb to the laptop, windows does not recognise the unit

my theory here was to install CWM onto the device do a nandroid backup, so i have a restore route, and then install a tablet based rom that was wrtitten for the units chipset

TCC 8900 evaluation board

if anyone can aid with getting the unit recognised by windows i would appreciate it

also im unable to root the unit as i could have used titanium backup pro

regards
siffion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #1566
Da9b18c

My Ride: 04 318i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da9b18c View Post
hey guys,

i want to mod a Dynavin fakra cable to work with a Dynavin clone, soo i looked at the pin layout today on both the Dynavin clone and the connection for the BM54 module in the boot.

looks pretty simple, most of the wires match perfectly but some do need to be changed. question?!?!

comming out of the headunit there is a wire that is labeled "reverse", would this be to power a reverse camera or to connect to the gear stick for when the car is put into reverse???

another question,

there is one wire that comes out of the CAN-Bus decoder. what whould i connect this too on the factory loom in the boot?????

there is no explanation in the manual for the Dynavin clone. what do u guys think???

Can anyone help?
Da9b18c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #1567
walcott

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by siffion View Post
i am very interseted in this also

one issue i am having is getting the unit to be recognised by windows.

i have installed andoid SDK, and the drivers onto the 32bit win7 laptop that i have, nut on connecting the unit via usb to the laptop, windows does not recognise the unit

my theory here was to install CWM onto the device do a nandroid backup, so i have a restore route, and then install a tablet based rom that was wrtitten for the units chipset

TCC 8900 evaluation board

if anyone can aid with getting the unit recognised by windows i would appreciate it

also im unable to root the unit as i could have used titanium backup pro

regards
correctme if I'm wrong, but windows doesn't detect that a "new device" has been connected to an USB port, does it?

I have the same "problem" in linux (and in windows too). When I plug the radio to an usb port in the pc, the pc doesn't recognize that a known or a unknown device has been connected. I've tried connecting it from the up back and down back usb ports, and also from the front microusb. no results....

May there be two kind of usb "hosts"? as shown before with the master or slave devices, so both the pc and the radio are wainting the other one to start the "handsaking"?

I have no idea about this... maybe someone with a dynavin device can clarify us if they can connect the radio directly to a pc....

Last edited by walcott; 05-21-2012 at 06:56 AM.
walcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #1568
walcott

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by walcott View Post
May there be two kind of usb "hosts"? as shown before with the master or slave devices, so both the pc and the radio are wainting the other one to start the "handsaking"?
I may be right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go#Architecture
walcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #1569
chicityguy

My Ride: 2003 325 ci
Help!

Hey everyone.. I took the plunge and I installed the unit last week. So far my canbus is not working, (no steering wheel controls) and now my radio volume has dropped tremendously. I also have an annoying beeping sound when I raise and lower the volume with the beep set to off under setup. Here is a video of my issue. I have tried to reset it and to no avail. Here is a video of my situation. Thanks for any help or suggestions! (wince model) This lowered volume happens across all audio settings.

https://vimeo.com/user11810694/videos
chicityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #1570
Da9b18c

My Ride: 04 318i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicityguy View Post
Hey everyone.. I took the plunge and I installed the unit last week. So far my canbus is not working, (no steering wheel controls) and now my radio volume has dropped tremendously. I also have an annoying beeping sound when I raise and lower the volume with the beep set to off under setup. Here is a video of my issue. I have tried to reset it and to no avail. Here is a video of my situation. Thanks for any help or suggestions! (wince model) This lowered volume happens across all audio settings.

how did u connect the can-bus???? how many wires??? where???
Da9b18c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #1571
chicityguy

My Ride: 2003 325 ci
A friend did the install but from what i can remember from the unboxing, it only had one input, which was a pin connector that connected to the provided wire harness.
chicityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #1572
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
i bought anoher unit from Jolly for my Jeep and it arrived dead, wont power on... its been since sat. i emailed her about it and no respond..... i hope i didnt get scewed?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #1573
BM330

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via Skype™ to BM330
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM330 View Post
how can I make music from Android side play through all car speakers ?
bump ?!?!?!?
Old 05-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #1574
parrot

My Ride: E46 318iA touring
Hi guys,

now it#s getting annoying :-( The unit doesn't recognize the delivered 3G stick nor anther one at power up by itself :-( I have to replug the 3G stick every time again after the power up and then it works. I'm using a USB powered hub. No one of the WLAN USB pens I have here are working but they are working on the PC without any problem. One of them has a RTL8191S chipset. I think the unit cannot supply the used power on startup or powered on for the WLAN. The USB extension is nearly 1.8 meters long but the short didn't worked either.
Thats not what I expected when I ordered the unit :-( Any idea?
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #1575
akbersaeed

My Ride: Bmw 530i
Snaps. Definitely cant handle these issues too save some dough! Wish It was a perfect clone. Good luck to you guys, keep it up.
akbersaeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #1576
mrwhite

My Ride: 325ti SE Compact
Quote:

is that a b146 wince or b046 android ?

you can turn the beep off in the set up if its a b146, i imagine the b046 is similar

Last edited by mrwhite; 05-24-2012 at 09:51 AM.
mrwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #1577
mrwhite

My Ride: 325ti SE Compact
Quote:
A friend did the install but from what i can remember from the unboxing, it only had one input, which was a pin connector that connected to the provided wire harness.
should be something like this

?
mrwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #1578
guardedandburnt

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Well, I got the bad news this morning. I purchased an Enco B046 a couple of months ago now. The unit has never worked out of the box. It's been in the shop all this time and finally the repairman admitted defeat. He blew $120.00 in parts and still can't make it work. This was done by advice from the seller. I've just sent another email explaining that it can't be fixed but I doubt any satisfactory resolution will be found. I advise anyone still considering a purchase of this unit to be aware that you might lose the gamble.
guardedandburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #1579
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardedandburnt View Post
Well, I got the bad news this morning. I purchased an Enco B046 a couple of months ago now. The unit has never worked out of the box. It's been in the shop all this time and finally the repairman admitted defeat. He blew $120.00 in parts and still can't make it work. This was done by advice from the seller. I've just sent another email explaining that it can't be fixed but I doubt any satisfactory resolution will be found. I advise anyone still considering a purchase of this unit to be aware that you might lose the gamble.
surely send it back to china with slow mail and get a new one is easier than your local guy who have never worked on a Enco unit before? Now that a third party have touched it they have excuse to not provide warranty?
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #1580
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
that's true. I don't know if they would bouch for a third party company touching their products. You better off not telling them that you took it somewhere. Good luck
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote