E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #1561
parrot

My Ride: E46 318iA touring
Hi guys,

now it#s getting annoying :-( The unit doesn't recognize the delivered 3G stick nor anther one at power up by itself :-( I have to replug the 3G stick every time again after the power up and then it works. I'm using a USB powered hub. No one of the WLAN USB pens I have here are working but they are working on the PC without any problem. One of them has a RTL8191S chipset. I think the unit cannot supply the used power on startup or powered on for the WLAN. The USB extension is nearly 1.8 meters long but the short didn't worked either.
Thats not what I expected when I ordered the unit :-( Any idea?
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #1562
akbersaeed

My Ride: Bmw 530i
Snaps. Definitely cant handle these issues too save some dough! Wish It was a perfect clone. Good luck to you guys, keep it up.
akbersaeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #1563
mrwhite

My Ride: 325ti SE Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicityguy View Post
Hey everyone.. I took the plunge and I installed the unit last week. So far my canbus is not working, (no steering wheel controls) and now my radio volume has dropped tremendously. I also have an annoying beeping sound when I raise and lower the volume with the beep set to off under setup. Here is a video of my issue. I have tried to reset it and to no avail. Here is a video of my situation. Thanks for any help or suggestions! (wince model) This lowered volume happens across all audio settings.

https://vimeo.com/user11810694/videos

is that a b146 wince or b046 android ?

you can turn the beep off in the set up if its a b146, i imagine the b046 is similar

Last edited by mrwhite; 05-24-2012 at 09:51 AM.
mrwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #1564
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicityguy View Post
A friend did the install but from what i can remember from the unboxing, it only had one input, which was a pin connector that connected to the provided wire harness.
should be something like this

?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #1565
guardedandburnt

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Well, I got the bad news this morning. I purchased an Enco B046 a couple of months ago now. The unit has never worked out of the box. It's been in the shop all this time and finally the repairman admitted defeat. He blew $120.00 in parts and still can't make it work. This was done by advice from the seller. I've just sent another email explaining that it can't be fixed but I doubt any satisfactory resolution will be found. I advise anyone still considering a purchase of this unit to be aware that you might lose the gamble.
guardedandburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #1566
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardedandburnt View Post
Well, I got the bad news this morning. I purchased an Enco B046 a couple of months ago now. The unit has never worked out of the box. It's been in the shop all this time and finally the repairman admitted defeat. He blew $120.00 in parts and still can't make it work. This was done by advice from the seller. I've just sent another email explaining that it can't be fixed but I doubt any satisfactory resolution will be found. I advise anyone still considering a purchase of this unit to be aware that you might lose the gamble.
surely send it back to china with slow mail and get a new one is easier than your local guy who have never worked on a Enco unit before? Now that a third party have touched it they have excuse to not provide warranty?
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #1567
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
that's true. I don't know if they would bouch for a third party company touching their products. You better off not telling them that you took it somewhere. Good luck
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #1568
guardedandburnt

My Ride: 2004 330ci
As I mentioned originally, it was sent to the local guy by their suggestion. I seriously doubt I'll get any compensation no matter which way I approach the matter.
guardedandburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #1569
M127

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe/CB/6MT
Anyone running aftermarket amps with this unit? I'm getting a lot of ground loop interference using the rca s. Amp seems to be grounded sufficiently.

Per pic of the unit, does the rca s need to be grounded somehow?
Doesn't look like there's a seperate Eva ground wire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1338025681661.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	453281  
M127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #1570
Spiritwalker42

My Ride: '02 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by M127 View Post
Anyone running aftermarket amps with this unit? I'm getting a lot of ground loop interference using the rca s. Amp seems to be grounded sufficiently.

Per pic of the unit, does the rca s need to be grounded somehow?
Doesn't look like there's a seperate Eva ground wire.
I'm running RCAs to Kenwood 4 channel for front and rear speakers and Sub RCA split to another Kenwood amp.... Be sure to heat shrink wrap your connections and also the RCAs not used... No issues, sounds good.

from HTC

Spiritwalker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #1571
Da9b18c

My Ride: 04 318i Sedan
hey guys,

i want to mod a Dynavin fakra cable to work with a Dynavin clone, soo i looked at the pin layout today on both the Dynavin clone and the connection for the BM54 module in the boot.

looks pretty simple, most of the wires match perfectly but some do need to be changed. question?!?!

comming out of the headunit there is a wire that is labeled "reverse", would this be to power a reverse camera or to connect to the gear stick for when the car is put into reverse???

another question,

there is one wire that comes out of the CAN-Bus decoder. what whould i connect this too on the factory loom in the boot?????

there is no explanation in the manual for the Dynavin clone. what do u guys think???

what?! no one on this forum can help a brother out???
Da9b18c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #1572
mrwhite

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da9b18c View Post
hey guys,

i want to mod a Dynavin fakra cable to work with a Dynavin clone, soo i looked at the pin layout today on both the Dynavin clone and the connection for the BM54 module in the boot.

looks pretty simple, most of the wires match perfectly but some do need to be changed. question?!?!

comming out of the headunit there is a wire that is labeled "reverse", would this be to power a reverse camera or to connect to the gear stick for when the car is put into reverse???

another question,

there is one wire that comes out of the CAN-Bus decoder. what whould i connect this too on the factory loom in the boot?????

there is no explanation in the manual for the Dynavin clone. what do u guys think???

If some one could they would?. Why do this for effort and risk failure? The two systems are not compatible. Maybe easier to buy a new cable from enco or similar ebay seller that is guaranteed to work no mods?
Old 05-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #1573
Cpconst

My Ride: 2004 e46 m3
I believe szenco has the cable for the remote nav unit in the trunk which goes to the head unit for about $18. Do it once and do it right.
Cpconst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #1574
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
I have done it but I could not help you. I didn't want to just change a few wire at the pin side just incase it short circuit or mess up the unit so I cut both ends of the 5m cable and both end of the enco connector. I did that one wire at at time and carefully doing it one by one.

My advice is don't do it, it will work but having cut 10 wire at each side there is possibility of loose connection. If you need a cable just get it from them directly. DHL will be costly but just ask for slow mail and wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da9b18c View Post
hey guys,

another question,

china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #1575
jai_c

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Hey I wanted to know if anyone else was having this issue. I installed the unit with no problem but for some reason my radio has nothing but static. I played around with the radio antenna wire but the stations cut in and out. Everything else works fine so far.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #1576
jai_c

Has anyone had problems getting the radio to work? Ive tried two different antenna adaptors and still nothing but static...[/QUOTE]

are you still having the static issue? im having the same problem
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #1577
jai_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan00b View Post
When I recieved my unit the rubber coating was already starting to peel off, but all the buttons still work so far.

Has anyone had problems getting the radio to work? Ive tried two different antenna adaptors and still nothing but static...
aare you still having the static issue? im having the same problem
Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #1578
jezza

My Ride: E39 535i Sport
Hello there.

I have read the entire thread as I cannot find I similarly informative source of information about the enco B039 or B139 E39 models.

Firstly, does anyone know if the E39 models are fundamentally the same as the E46 models?

My worries are -

1. The advertised built in Wi-fi on the android unit still seems to be an issue. Does the dongle workaround work and is it plugged into the rear of the unit and where do you put the dongle?

2. Are the volume issues specific to the HK amp - which I don't have.

3. I have the oem nav unit in the trunk, so I presume I need the 5m cable from enco?

4. The power ratings of the android unit (45x4) are lower than the WinCE unit (60x4). Is this a notable issue if going for the android version. Is it simple to install an aftermarket amp if the power is a bit low?

5. Is the nav software the same for both WinCE and android?

TIA
jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #1579
TonyDiv

My Ride: 03 325Ci Convertible
I'd like to know that too.
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #1580
fbnts

My Ride: BMW 320d SE
Hi,

I received my B046 a few days ago and install went ok (I have to pull it back out to plug in the 3G modem when my data sim arrives and also re-position the TV antenna).

Quote:
Has anyone had problems getting the radio to work? Ive tried two different antenna adaptors and still nothing but static...
When I used the short adaptor cable from the aerial cable into the back I had the same problem however on reconnecting the original radio I found it was the larger coax cable that supplied the radio RF. I ended up cutting the coax plug off and fitting the long radio connector and all was well. I'm not sure what that small RF cable is for?
fbnts is offline   Reply With Quote