E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #1621
Latinimagexx

My Ride: 330 CI
Ok so I figure out how to fix the steering wheel function. I just unplug everything from the clone and plugged everything back in and it started to work.

BLACK ON BLACK is BEAUTY
Latinimagexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #1622
thewedge

My Ride: 2001 M3
Fixed it..

Last edited by thewedge; 06-23-2012 at 05:04 PM.
thewedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #1623
thewedge

My Ride: 2001 M3
Duplicate

Last edited by thewedge; 06-23-2012 at 05:04 PM.
thewedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #1624
korsar

My Ride: e46
Hello guys! I have problems with android. infinitely reboots
korsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #1625
korsar

My Ride: e46
korsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #1626
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
my unit is up for sale in the classifieds...
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #1627
MadLow

My Ride: 2004 330CI
how long did it take for them to ship out the units after payment for you guys?
its been 3 business days and still no word from jolly and no response..
MadLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #1628
ccagle

My Ride: 02' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLow View Post
Hang in there. Took about 6 days before mine went out. Most here were shipped in 5-7 days.
ccagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #1629
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLow View Post
3 weeks for it to land in UK
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #1630
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
save some money, mine is working and can include the relocation bracket and loc. even cheaper with a partial trade on 2003 and up stock cd player... the enco unit is decent, I dont use nav, so I can get what i need with a newer stock cd player..
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #1631
kareubs

My Ride: 325xi
Android Force Close Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by siffion View Post
im interested in rooting the device, so i can make a backup prior to testing another rom, normally i would use clockworkmod and upload the rom.zip file onto the device internal memory, but i cannot see a way to install CWM, or even get the device into recovery mode.

another issue, is when trying to connect the USB side of the device (android) to a laptop, the device is not recognised, i see this as a driver issue also. ive activated usb de-bugging mode to no avail...

if you can help, or add into this, it would be appreciated
Hi Siffion - sorry to bother you again, but I was wondering if you've had any success yes figuring out my force close issues?
Old 07-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #1632
MadLow

My Ride: 2004 330CI
got the wince 6 version and it is running fine. Navigation is perfect and ipod, bluetooth work fine. No major issues except for the common volume problem, but its not as bad as people make it sound.
MadLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #1633
Linx

My Ride: '02 BMW 325iT
Wow, just finished reading through 1645 posts. Started off very excited and now unsure. I think I do have to agree with putting up some kind of warning at the start of this thread. I made it about 1/4 way through and damn near ordered one. Now I'm glad I waited until I finished reading it all. Enougjh of that.

I have a question that never really got covered that well regarding Bluetooth. I see it connects fine to devices when streaming and such but my question is regarding actually making phone calls. How's the sound quality of the person you're talking to and how do you sound to them? Can they hear you loud and clear or do you get complaints? Can you use any voice commands?
Another question is regarding the Android unit. I have a wireless 3g device with it's own data plan I use for my tablet. Will this work with the B046? My understanding is the connection problems people are having is tethering their phones as a hotspot. So I was wondering if the wireless 3g device I have will work for it.

I hate to hear that a nice unit like this contains so many problems. A friend told me a while back that you can't always go by what you hear on forums because usually the people on there are the ones having the problems, while the ones who aren't don't post up as much as the ones who do. Would be nice to get a survey of who is happy/unhappy with this unit. I'm on the fence now between a Enco and shelling out the $$$ for a Dynavin. I wish the best and hope a solution comes up for the owners of this unit.

Last edited by Linx; 07-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #1634
EnDLeSs_27

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
Wow, just finished reading through 1645 posts. Started off very excited and now unsure. I think I do have to agree with putting up some kind of warning at the start of this thread. I made it about 1/4 way through and damn near ordered one. Now I'm glad I waited until I finished reading it all. Enougjh of that.

I have a question that never really got covered that well regarding Bluetooth. I see it connects fine to devices when streaming and such but my question is regarding actually making phone calls. How's the sound quality of the person you're talking to and how do you sound to them? Can they hear you loud and clear or do you get complaints? Can you use any voice commands?
Another question is regarding the Android unit. I have a wireless 3g device with it's own data plan I use for my tablet. Will this work with the B046? My understanding is the connection problems people are having is tethering their phones as a hotspot. So I was wondering if the wireless 3g device I have will work for it.

I hate to hear that a nice unit like this contains so many problems. A friend told me a while back that you can't always go by what you hear on forums because usually the people on there are the ones having the problems, while the ones who aren't don't post up as much as the ones who do. Would be nice to get a survey of who is happy/unhappy with this unit. I'm on the fence now between a Enco and shelling out the $$$ for a Dynavin. I wish the best and hope a solution comes up for the owners of this unit.
From my experience, The enco android unit is perfectly fine. It works better then the dynavin android unit because the enco unit uses android 2.3 rather then 2.2 on dynavin.

Bluetooth also works fine in connecting and making phone calls. the unit has a built in mic. Sometimes that is not enough when making calls. So the solution is to purchase an external mic and install it with the unit.

As for the internet, I would say dynavin and enco both have the same problems. They both connect to the internet by tethering and hotspots, but sometimes you might have connectivity issues. You just need to turn off and on Wi-Fi until it reconnects.

Both Dynavin and Enco have their own bugs. The main difference I can tell from purchasing both units is that dynavin is just going to cost you a lot more $$$. Keep in mind that for the enco unit, you're most likely only going to get support for it on these forums. Whereas for the Dynavin, sometimes Jeff may respond and help you out. Other times he expects you to read hundreds of threads and posts to figure out the solution. (which makes you wonder why you're even shelling out the extra money to purchase a dynavin). That was the frustrating part. Generally, most complaints or issues are from people who just did not install the unit properly, or just don't know how to use it well.

Honestly, the Dynavin and Enco are virtually the same thing. They offer pretty much the same functions aside from the OBC and PDC function of the dynavin (the OBC is pretty much useless, and the PDC is worthless as well unless your BMW is equipped with PDC). They both also have their own bugs. There is only a large price difference between the two units and Jeff claims that is because he offers support, warranty, shipping and all other costs that make the dynavin that expensive. But his support isn't that great either. Be prepared to read the forum and research the internet if you encounter any problems with either the enco or dynavin. That is what I had to do.

Last edited by EnDLeSs_27; 07-11-2012 at 12:13 PM.
EnDLeSs_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #1635
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
But his support isn't that great either. Be prepared to read the forum and research the internet if you encounter any problems with either the enco or dynavin. That is what I had to do.
What exactly are you basing this on.......I respond to every customer email and every customer phone call/voicemail I get, and we try VERY hard to take care of any issues my customers have. Every once in a while its possible I miss one but I work long hours to make sure everyone gets taken care of.....ask how many of my customers get an email from me late at night or on weekends.....

The stuff I respond to on this forum is 1/50th of what I do all day, and if you are talking about the questions that go unanswered on this forum, No, I dont take care of all of my competitor's customers problems, if you buy from a different vendor, its up to them to solve your issues.

Ive pretty much kept my mouth shut about the enco units figuring I would let things take their course, people would figure things out, and judging by what I have seen on this forum they have. But please don't imply that the way we do business is ANYTHING like the way enco does it.....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 07-11-2012 at 02:26 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #1636
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
Idk if this has been stated but hows the unit with a sound system? Is it compatible with aftermarket amps and subs? Output in terms of wattage?
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #1637
m5t

My Ride: 325 Ci
Send a message via Skype™ to m5t
Yes, I'm also wondering how easily this can be connected to external amplifier - for example I would like to use 4 channels amplifier: 2 for front speakers, 2 other for Sub-woofer, and back speakers I would connect to the unit directly (using its built in amp). Also my question if whether Enco will support switching on/off of the external amplifier, like my Alpina does?

Also I know its difficult to judge, BUT what how the sound quality stand if you compare it with other units? After all, its a sound system

Last edited by m5t; 07-11-2012 at 06:15 PM.
m5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #1638
guardedandburnt

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Quote:
There is only a large price difference between the two units and Jeff claims that is because he offers support, warranty, shipping and all other costs that make the dynavin that expensive. But his support isn't that great either. Be prepared to read the forum and research the internet if you encounter any problems with either the enco or dynavin. That is what I had to do.
I bought an android unit that didn't work right out of the box. After endless emails and making several videos (by request) showing it not working and paying people to try and fix it (by suggestion) and months of no music and my dash torn apart, they finally agreed to replace it. I sent it back to China (at my expense) and they refused to accept delivery, claiming a $1000.00 US customs tax. My options were to pay the duty or have the still non-working unit shipped back to the US (at my expense) and try again (at my expense). I told the shipping company to throw it in the trash. Worst online purchase nightmare I've ever experienced by a long shot.

I have now purchased a Dynavin from Jeff because I am confident he will try to keep me a happy customer and I can see he puts a lot of effort into doing precisely that. My Dynavin is being installed along with an entire new stereo system as I write and I look forward to trying it all out tomorrow. I'm sure if I have any problems Jeff will help me out and take care of me properly, the way it should be.

From my experience the Dynavin turns out to be the cheaper unit and I can avoid the stress and headaches related to dealing with a culture that has a completely different take on business and is located on the other side of the world. That is definitely worth the added initial expense as far as I'm concerned.

The Chinese purchase is a gamble and I knew that going into it, but just not how severely I might be burned in the end. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, so I advise you to make your decisions based on the knowledge that you might lose. Big time.
guardedandburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #1639
EnDLeSs_27

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
What exactly are you basing this on.......I respond to every customer email and every customer phone call/voicemail I get, and we try VERY hard to take care of any issues my customers have. Every once in a while its possible I miss one but I work long hours to make sure everyone gets taken care of.....ask how many of my customers get an email from me late at night or on weekends.....

The stuff I respond to on this forum is 1/50th of what I do all day, and if you are talking about the questions that go unanswered on this forum, No, I dont take care of all of my competitor's customers problems, if you buy from a different vendor, its up to them to solve your issues.

Ive pretty much kept my mouth shut about the enco units figuring I would let things take their course, people would figure things out, and judging by what I have seen on this forum they have. But please don't imply that the way we do business is ANYTHING like the way enco does it.....
Basing it on my experience from buying the Dynavin Android D99 unit from you. Not your competitors. I literally had to send several emails weeks apart before I even got a response. And I had to make sure that I explicitly stated in the email "that I bought the unit from you" (maybe I am your only customer that did not receive the support that I needed when I purchased the dynavin unit from you. who knows)

I'm not saying you do business like the enco seller since they offer virtually no support. I still love my D99 unit. But since I purchased both the ENCO and Dynavin D99 android versions, I was just explaining how the Enco android is a great choice and the extra cost for a dynavin android may not be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardedandburnt View Post
I bought an android unit that didn't work right out of the box. After endless emails and making several videos (by request) showing it not working and paying people to try and fix it (by suggestion) and months of no music and my dash torn apart, they finally agreed to replace it. I sent it back to China (at my expense) and they refused to accept delivery, claiming a $1000.00 US customs tax. My options were to pay the duty or have the still non-working unit shipped back to the US (at my expense) and try again (at my expense). I told the shipping company to throw it in the trash. Worst online purchase nightmare I've ever experienced by a long shot.

The Chinese purchase is a gamble and I knew that going into it, but just not how severely I might be burned in the end. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, so I advise you to make your decisions based on the knowledge that you might lose. Big time.
The seller that I bought my enco unit from accepted paypal. So you would never experience this problem if you paid with paypal. Just open a case, send the item back. If they refuse delivery paypal would have refunded you either way.

Last edited by EnDLeSs_27; 07-12-2012 at 12:34 AM.
EnDLeSs_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #1640
guardedandburnt

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Quote:
The seller that I bought my enco unit from accepted paypal. So you would never of experienced this problem if you paid with paypal. Just open a case, send the item back. If they refuse delivery paypal would have refunded you either way.
Well, that's certainly interesting news. I did use paypal. I'm going to look into it right now. Thanks.

Damn, it's all dragged out so long that I'm past my 45 days.

Last edited by guardedandburnt; 07-12-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Update
guardedandburnt is offline   Reply With Quote