E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #1641
Linx

My Ride: '02 BMW 325iT
Being that there's a few other threads on the Dynavin units, I really don't have the time or patience to read through each post. I literally lost sleep reading through this thread. I think I'm gonna shoot for the Android D99. But my question is, is it plug n play or do you have to install patches, download map packs, etc.? I'm not clear why a Bluetooth and WiFi dongle is needed if its built in. Can someone explain this?
Linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #1642
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Endless,

If you didn't get a response in a timely manner please email me so I know who you are and can go back and look into why your email was missed, I clear up my inbox every night and check these forums before going to bed (it's 10:30 pm now), not to say things can't get missed, I get A LOT of email some days, but "several emails" doesn't fit with how we typically do things.....

I earned a reputation on this forum and in the bmw world by doing as good a job as possible every time so I take a little offense at being at being called mediocre.....but if that is the experience you had, so be it, that's fair, but it is unusual.

Alright.....I'm going to get out of this thread again....I keep getting drawn back in!

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 07-12-2012 at 12:53 AM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #1643
TaintedSoul

My Ride: E46 M3
Thought I would add my update since I received my unit yesterday.

This is the second time I have bought a unit like this from china. First was a wince model by Hualigan and it's worked perfectly fine. Feeling braver and more confident and luckily through PayPal dodge some chap taking me for $530 I ended up straight with Scenzo and bought one.

It doesn't work!! Current view point is "piece of sh!t". Now that's out off my chest.

Potential is there, the hardware is sound if you look it up so it's a software issue. But what.

Problems:
1. I turn unit on and normally goes to radio but sometimes get stuck on "reverse cam" or "no video allowed whilst driving". Parked in neutral with ignition on I cant watch any video. lol
2. Press GPS and it exits to Android desktop.
3. With no back buttons via any of the hard buttons I cant really use something like PowerAmp it seems as I cant get access to library folder.
4. So currently playing MP3 is a guess work cause without poweramp "sort of" working ie it starts playing beginning of library I dont seem to have any other way to play music.

Use able :
1. Radio - that's about!!
2. Oh and android itself which is very slow, buggy and unstable. Hard to use without home buttons. Someone here mentioned a soft button app but can't find it??

Modding :
It's a TMC8900 eval board with GPS. There must be a ROM out there fairly compatible for us to hack and work on.
1. Anyone know how to get into the recovery menu? What buttons do you use?
2. Anyone managed to root theirs yet.

Require :
1. MP3 playback - ideally powermap interface or better. Uberusic will do.
2. GPS!! a must.

Those two and I'm happy. Stuff like torque was going to be awesome but read more and more it doesnt work.

They sent me 2 "gift".
1. One 3G modem, vodaphone branded. My O2 sim didnt seem to work or it didn't pick it up, either not configured or vodaphone only.
2. And a use wifi adapter. Cracked cash so circuit comes when you it out, dirty. Looks like someone found it in the corner of a warehouse and threw it for free! lol

I think a fast ROM is very much needed and a way to edit the car screen so they load apps you desire? Anyone know any of this?

Any pointers appreciated. And keen to get stuck in to help speed and perfect this thing. I know Jolly and Charles have secured a sale so they long gone now. Jolly stop responding to my emails straight after I deposited money and Charles has been on and off.
TaintedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #1644
TaintedSoul

Dont know how to delete my double post? So deleted the contents instead.

Last edited by TaintedSoul; 07-16-2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Double post.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #1645
MadLow

My Ride: 2004 330CI
any tips to reduce the screen glare during the daytime? would a screen protector type film work?
MadLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #1646
TaintedSoul

Does everyone else get sound through all speakers including subwoofer when using poweramp or similar?

I get sound when using radio but when accessing Android which is done by clicking on GPS and it crashes to desktop I then run poweramp and sound only comes through front.

Last edited by TaintedSoul; 07-21-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #1647
Benchill

My Ride: 1999 328i
@TaintedSoul
I find that if I leave the WinCE side on an empty input (say AUX, or TV), then go to Android side, I get sound from front and back speakers.
Benchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #1648
TaintedSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchill View Post
@TaintedSoul
I find that if I leave the WinCE side on an empty input (say AUX, or TV), then go to Android side, I get sound from front and back speakers.
I've seen other mentioned something like. WinCE side? As far as I know the unit is only Android and the car overlay menu sits on top? My only way of getting to Android is via clicking on GPS which is messed and it ends up at the Android desktop. lol - quality stuff!!

I've noticed now that I do the following :

1. If music is playing i press menu till I get to radio or bluetooth.
2. Then press top left up arrow to get to main screen
3. Then press top right "Settings" icon.
4. When pressing music_nav to off sounds comes only from front speakers, when press to on sound goes off.
5. Get back to Android and music on all 4 speakers.

Sometimes it works and other times it's only out of the left hand side? Then works and then doesn't. Radio always works.

I highly suspect faulty software and a major upgrade is required.

Anyone have to do all that? Or does it just work for you?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #1649
M127

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe/CB/6MT
Anyone with a copy of the android files from their micro SD card?. I think mine are corrupt. I have never been able to install any apps.

Help please...
M127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #1650
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
My time in my unit - enco has been acting weird. First it would move forward then normal time. So I would fix it once a week. Today it decide to give me some random date and time not even 2012. Looks like it keeps reseting itself . I think I read here or in another thread that there was like a battery inside the unit for the time. I decide to open up my unit and haven't found it. Anyone knows where it is? I will upload pics of my uploaded unit. Also my radio screen is like weird, I have to manually pause everything or mute everything by pressing the buttons and not the screen as a -touch-screen.

Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #1651
Wickedly

Delete- duplicate

Last edited by Wickedly; 08-06-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #1652
parrot

My Ride: E46 318iA touring
Hi Wickedly,

first of all, I'm sorry but i don't have an idea to help you.

BUT

could you please measure the Android board? I hope that there is a chance to exchange the (crappy) Android board with the Gooseberry board: http://gooseberry.atspace.co.uk/

Maybe the display connectors etc are compatible?
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #1653
Wickedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot View Post
Hi Wickedly,

BUT

could you please measure the Android board? I hope that there is a chance to exchange the (crappy) Android board with the Gooseberry board: http://gooseberry.atspace.co.uk/

parrot - I don't have the Android unit, mine is a WinCe.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #1654
Wickedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot View Post
Hi Wickedly,

BUT

14cm W x 17 cm L .That's the base.

11cm w x 24cm L thats the board that goes behind the screen.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #1655
jayjay_dee

My Ride: '10 X5 35d, '05 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay_dee View Post
Anybody here heard from Jolly yet? My unit doesnt work and I need a replacement...
Just an update:

I got my replacement unit from Jolly last week and its now installed and working fine on my ZHP...

Patience is a virtue!!! lol...

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."
jayjay_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #1656
Wickedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay_dee View Post
Just an update:

I got my replacement unit from Jolly last week and its now installed and working fine on my ZHP...

Patience is a virtue!!! lol...
How long did that took? And did you ship your unit first and then they did? If so in how long. And did you pay anything?
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #1657
jayjay_dee

My Ride: '10 X5 35d, '05 ZHP
Heres the timeline:

- April 2012, received my brand spanking new Enco B146 unit
- A week after, i reported back the "my unit is dead" issue to Jolly
- Middle of May 2012, I was given instructions on how to ship it back to China, $75 out of my pocket
- A week after, Jolly told me they received the dead unit
- Waiting game
- Last week of July, I finally received a new working unit

and of course, they forgot to ship along the rear view camera i paid in the first place, time to contact Jolly again...

Overall, it was frustrating, but you just have to keep contacting Jolly, and she will reply to you...

If I have to, will I order from them again? Definitely... lol...

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."
jayjay_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #1658
Wickedly

I fixed my problem. I'm not sure if it was the tape that I re-tape inside the unit or it just needed to be re-install. Maybe it wanted a 2 day vacation as It got.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #1659
TaintedSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchill View Post
@TaintedSoul
But that's not WinCE that's just an Android overlay?

Anyway I tried that and it's hit and miss. I'm resorted to using phone and bluetooth for music. lol

And Charles, Jolly and crew are ignoring emails. Even when I'm trying to be ever so polite and help them diagnose problems and improve things.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #1660
Grease_Monkey

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Im so Confused... I have a Cd changer in the trunk of my car, but Bmw says that the car did not come from the factory with Navigation? My question is do I need a FARKA cable if I want one of these units?