E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #1701
kareubs

My Ride: 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by china man View Post
Sorry can't help you but a big for getting this far !!
Hi Siffion - I'm with China Man . Good job getting somewhere. Ever since I've had my unit, I enjoyed Android for awhile until it started force closing on me. Ever since then, my Android side has been useless. I'll wait until you or someone can come up with a fix.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 AM   #1702
fuzioneer

My Ride: BMW 330ci
is there an Enco B046 wishlist anywhere already ?

I would love to have the following improvements

1. More granular volume levels available
2. Better iPod Interface i.e. be able to browse / navigate via Album / Artist / Folder etc
fuzioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #1703
M127

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe/CB/6MT
ROM needed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by siffion View Post
i now have a different ROM based on the TC8900 board, that i am hoping to install, i also have a copy of the original ROM as a point of restore if needed, but for the life of me am unable to get this installed, so far i have tried

running as a system update from the installed ROM with the files put onto a 2gb mem card - does not work
placed ROM onto the mem card to see if this will install from boot,(same as dynavin) - does not work

also looked to connect unit to laptop via the usb ports on the rear, but am unable to get the unit to be recognised in windows

if anyone can shed some light on this id appreciate it. the new rom i have to test has the bluetooth .api activated, and is rooted

My files got corrupt on my memory card. Never making a backup was a huge mistake prior to playing w/ the card.

Any chance someone can hook me up w/ these files?

Be more than willing to ship, I'll cover costs etc.
Host files somewhere anyone?

Please help. Android is no fun if I can't install any apps.
M127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #1704
JDez

My Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M127 View Post
My files got corrupt on my memory card. Never making a backup was a huge mistake prior to playing w/ the card.

Any chance someone can hook me up w/ these files?

Be more than willing to ship, I'll cover costs etc.
Host files somewhere anyone?

Please help. Android is no fun if I can't install any apps.
Have you tried rooting / installing another rom?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Bimmer App
JDez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #1705
hidden moose

My Ride: '01 325ci
i have a 2001 bmw 3 series. i bought an enco unit 2 days ago and it's on the way here right now. i read that i may need an antenna adapter to get radio signal for this unit. all i could find from searching was people buying some OEM adapter cable for $35 - $55 which is ridiculous. my question is, will this aftermarket antenna work? it's only $10 and i can drive down the street and buy one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Scosche-...&skuId=7200085
hidden moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #1706
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidden moose View Post
i have a 2001 bmw 3 series. i bought an enco unit 2 days ago and it's on the way here right now. i read that i may need an antenna adapter to get radio signal for this unit. all i could find from searching was people buying some OEM adapter cable for $35 - $55 which is ridiculous. my question is, will this aftermarket antenna work? it's only $10 and i can drive down the street and buy one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Scosche-...&skuId=7200085
My unit came with an extra antenna :/ dont even use it
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #1707
M127

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMurderah View Post

I did not try rooting or installing another type of rom. It is all stock, Android 2.3.3 I believe.

The files are still in the original order as far as I can tell. I have never been able to install an .apk file. It always errors out on me.

I'm really only assuming they are corrupt, based on not being able to install .apk's - Error recieved: "Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package"
I have activated "allow install of non market apps" in the settings.
I really only want 1 app on there, something like DoubleTwist or PowerAmp to navigate my mp3's.

Any help would be amazing, as the Android side is a complete waste without being able to add any apps.

Last edited by M127; 09-05-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #1708
brens411

My Ride: 325 Wagon
Hi Guys, new user, new BMW owner. A couple of questions (and yes, I did sift through the 86 pages)..

I am pretty interested in the head unit but I have a couple of questions hopefully someone can clarify.

(1) - Is it true you can only search via song lists through the iPod adapter? I have a 160gb with 40k songs and don't really make playlists. This could be a deal breaker seeing as I don't have 20 minutes to find a song I want to hear.
(2) - Is the random function switching still a problem upon start up? Seems like I have read mixed experiences
(3) - I have the HK system, is that the root of the radio volume problem and will I have any other issues? No CD changer or Nav. Seems like I read that you can't use the Dynavin with HK setup. Seems strange to me the Enco has no problems.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.
brens411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #1709
MadLow

My Ride: 2004 330CI
So far i cant find a way to search by playlist, there probably is a way but so far i can only listen to songs one by one lol...

Mine starts up randomly sometimes too (sometimes at ipod, sometimes radio, sometimes bluetooth), but its easy to change modes so that;s not a problem for me

I have HK and had the volume being too loud issue, I installed a LOC, now everything sounds excellent

ive been using it for 2 months now with only these minor issues, this product is worth the price

Quote:
Originally Posted by brens411 View Post
Hi Guys, new user, new BMW owner. A couple of questions (and yes, I did sift through the 86 pages)..

I am pretty interested in the head unit but I have a couple of questions hopefully someone can clarify.

(1) - Is it true you can only search via song lists through the iPod adapter? I have a 160gb with 40k songs and don't really make playlists. This could be a deal breaker seeing as I don't have 20 minutes to find a song I want to hear.
(2) - Is the random function switching still a problem upon start up? Seems like I have read mixed experiences
(3) - I have the HK system, is that the root of the radio volume problem and will I have any other issues? No CD changer or Nav. Seems like I read that you can't use the Dynavin with HK setup. Seems strange to me the Enco has no problems.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.
MadLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #1710
hidden moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLow View Post
So far i cant find a way to search by playlist, there probably is a way but so far i can only listen to songs one by one lol...

Mine starts up randomly sometimes too (sometimes at ipod, sometimes radio, sometimes bluetooth), but its easy to change modes so that;s not a problem for me

I have HK and had the volume being too loud issue, I installed a LOC, now everything sounds excellent

ive been using it for 2 months now with only these minor issues, this product is worth the price
what's the LOC? i have an HK system as well.

also, do i need an antenna adapter for a 2001 model?
Old 09-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #1711
Grease_Monkey

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Moose,
I believe that anyone and everyone needs the adapter for the radio antenna. The Enco will not work in the same measure as the HK system therefore, if enco says volume 2, HK says volume is 4 or 5.. Its a mix up with Tech stuff.. All the LOC does is make everything work together on the same page so that the volume is actually 2 when it says 2.. get it? Its installed by splicing In-line right before the HK amp. I believe its like $20 online somewhere.. I will see if I can dig it up.. (Anyone feel free to correct if I am wrong) Good luck!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #1712
hidden moose

i'm going to install the new unit on friday and i'll see how the "volume issue" is going to effect me. thanks for the info!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #1713
Grease_Monkey

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Btw, The adapter needs to be from the wire like plug end to the one that is more like a pointed single metal plug end.. I think the link to the one you posted was backwards... and did you get an android or Wince?
Old 09-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #1714
sunny

Hi Guys,

I just installed the B046. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there any place I can download an update for iGo8 maps?
2. Is there an option to make it speak street names instead of it saying "make next right"?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #1715
M127

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMurderah View Post

Have users successfully root this unit? Or other roms available?

Link on how to?

Thx man.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #1716
parrot

My Ride: E46 318iA touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by M127 View Post
Have users successfully root this unit? Or other roms available?

Link on how to?

Thx man.
Not yet... I tried to get any information about the unit but I gave up.

Did anyone opened the unit? Maybe it is possible to use the display input to hook on a unit like this with mini HDMI???
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #1717
sunny

Hi,

I have the android unit (B046) and after a couple of days of the install, the sound on the gps comes and goes. The iGo resets itself to the setup wizard (it has done it 3 times in the last 3 days). You have to go thru the setup to get to the gps function.

I hear really bad static (and sometimes "brrpp" noise) on the speakers and the voice alternates between speakers. Same sound issue with BT phone.

Anyone else have similar problems? I have HK sound.

Any input is appreciated
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #1718
JasonSmithed

My Ride: 00 323i
Oredered today b048
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #1719
JasonSmithed

My Ride: 00 323i
Oredered today b046
Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #1720
Chilton88

My Ride: 325ci, 325xi
Sirius SCC1 MJS Connector

Hi, I have a project which would likely require product MJS SCC1 USB connector. As I understand it, the product allows control of the Sirius SCC1 through a Windows based OS (PC Carputer), and running a Software like RideRunner. The USB drivers allow this to happen, meaning that the OS which has RideRunner, communicates through the USB drivers to the MJS device and therefore allows the MJS device to control the SCC1 receiver.
Would it possible to allow the Android operating system to do this? Because I want to use the B046 Enco to have Satellite Radio Sirius.
What do you think?
Thank you
Chilton88 is offline   Reply With Quote