E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #1781
Chilton88

My Ride: 325ci, 325xi
@haurelio, if the OS was rooted either for the Android or WIN CE, couldn't the drivers be found for all the things the system requires. Windows CE could run an application like CENTRAFUSE or Riderunner a the front end. It could be configured according to your liking. I think they don't have a license for Windows CE and its a crappy copy they installed into the ROM.

Last edited by Chilton88; 10-25-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Chilton88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #1782
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilton88 View Post
@haurelio, if the OS was rooted either for the Android or WIN CE, couldn't the drivers be found for all the things the system requires. Windows CE could run an application like CENTRAFUSE or Riderunner a the front end. It could be configured according to your liking. I think they don't have a license for Windows CE and its a crappy copy they installed into the ROM.
Touch screen drivers are compiled into the kernel. Not exactly simple or easy to just pull them out.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Bimmer App

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #1783
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Quote:
you're absolutely correct about this. Unfortunately, Many of us don't know anything about software programming. If you know how to get into those files in wince, i'll be more than happy to see if can get them for you from my unit.. I have Research on the internet about this with no luck..
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #1784
Chilton88

In the Centrafuse forums there is a thread about loading Centrafuse on a Chinese 7 inch display DVD bluetooth etc, indicated that he was able to get MP3, music files to play. When trying to play video files its just a blank screen. He also stated that he could turn off the car and it would be in the last function....I think, or maybe I read that part elsewhere.
http:/http://forums.centrafuse.com/showthread.php?9100-Win-CE-Discussion-(build-4-0-14)/page2&highlight=Chinese/

Last edited by Chilton88; 10-28-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #1785
zi_2005

My Ride: BMW e90
Bmw e90 enco b046 problem!!

i HAVE A ENCO B046 ANDROID VERSION

THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE SYSTEM WILL NOT TURN ON, IT WAS WORKING FINE UNTIL I OPENED IT UP FROM THE BACK AND NOW IT WILL NOT TURN ON. THE LIGHTS FLASH ONCE YOU CONNECT IT BUT THAT'S IT NO POWER WHAT SO EVER, I HAVE CHECKED THE FUSE BUT NO JOY, ANY SOLUTIONS WOULD BE GRATE.

THANK YOU
zi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #1786
Chilton88

Why did you open it? Did you have an issue? You must have shorter something out ir disconnected a cable inside. The issue is not inside. Its the CANBUS that the manufacturers need to fix in these units. The folks at mthreecutters have determined this to be the main problem with random problems with these subpar units
Old 11-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #1787
zi_2005

Enco b046

Hi thank you, where can I get a canbus from for BMW e90
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #1788
zi_2005

BMW e90

I had an issue with the android side of the unit, it kept on saying no signal when I pressed nav button. So that's why I opened it to see if it could be a hardware issue. But there was no wires disconnected and when I put it back on there was no power. Any idea what it could be?

Thank u
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #1789
zi_2005

Hi i have a enco b046 unit. The problem is that when I click on the NAV button, it shows the android loading up and then says "NO SIGNAL" and repeats this process over and over again. I have checked all the wiring and the gps antenna and it is all fine, It used to work and overnight it started doing this.

Has anyone got a solution maybe software fault or has anyone got firmware to upgrade this or something??

Please help !!

Thank you
Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #1790
Chilton88

Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by zi_2005 View Post
Hi i have a enco b046 unit. The problem is that when I click on the NAV button, it shows the android loading up and then says "NO SIGNAL" and repeats this process over and over again. I have checked all the wiring and the gps antenna and it is all fine, It used to work and overnight it started doing this.

Has anyone got a solution maybe software fault or has anyone got firmware to upgrade this or something??

Please help !!

Thank you
Hi, you ought to try and unplug the power supply to the unit or disconnect your car. It may be the Android software conflict with the CANBUS unit. You should try and disconnect the CANBUS prior to powering up as well.
Good luck
Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #1791
zi_2005

Thank you for the response but still no luck with that, had it disconnected for a whole day and still no joy.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #1792
Chilton88

Nav not working

Quote:
Thank you for the response but still no luck with that, had it disconnected for a whole day and still no joy.
It may be your NAV software got corrupted. Or the internal wiring got messed up somehow. If it's software, you can try downloading a different NAV software and install that and see if it's working. Where did you put the NAV antenna? That may also have been messed up.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #1793
zi_2005

Where can I download different nav software and how do you put it in?
I have mounted it behind the stereo on the metal bar.

Thank you
Old 11-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #1794
monty13

My Ride: 1999 e46 323i
Don't waste your time downloading new nav software. I have the same issue as you, and if you can't even get the Android side to boot, then new navigation software is useless.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #1795
Chilton88

Android not booting

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty13 View Post
Don't waste your time downloading new nav software. I have the same issue as you, and if you can't even get the Android side to boot, then new navigation software is useless.
He didn't mention that the OS will not boot
Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 AM   #1796
zi_2005

So how can i fix this issue?
Please reply
Old 11-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #1797
aknot

My Ride: E46 M3 2006 SMG
Quote:
Please reply
If Android OS goes to cyclic reboots there is no fix I guess. Or nobody has shared this info.
If NAVI application doesn't start try to re-install it or try another NAVI application.
aknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #1798
Chilton88

Smile How can you fix this?

Quote:
Please reply
A couple of things you can do if you have some time and that you are willing to accept the risks and benefits to each.
1) Remove the system and reinstall your OEM stereo. Try to get a refund if you can or an exchange depending on who you got it from.
2) You can figure out a way to try to access the system boot menu, the likelyhood that it is a generic computer X86 with minimum hardware configuration similar to the ones they sell as Windows CE can be a bonus for you. How can this be a bonus? Well, if you've done system builds you know how you can wipe the hard drives of X86 systems and install whatever software you can to it. This OS is likely on a FLASH Memory, so a bit tricky to figure out how to do that. I would suggest you install Windows CE and see if you can manipulate it enough to get drivers working on the system. My thoughts are that it is likely pre-installed in the Windows CE system and you can use it off the shelf. I would also contact one of the users here named PETRUT who has done some Windows CE work and patches which allows you to manipulate it somewhat better. Now what? How about the front-end menu? You can download Centrafuse and then try to manipulate it according to the Windows CE system and your hardware and device requirements. At the Centrafuse website forums there have been some at best promising results in doing this. Another consideration is YOU can be our experiment with Android 4.0. If you figure out a way to get ROOT Access and update the system or whatever, then you can spend alot of time doing stuff to this thing. At any rate, you can certainly BRICK the sytem if it doesn't work. So it's up to you on what you want to do as far as RISKS you want to take.
3) You can sell it on EBAY as a non-working device for some money to recover, or over here as well. Why? Because it's gonna cost you like $100.00 to send it back to China. Might as well sell it for a little more. Contact me if you want to do that transaction....hahahaha.
4) I AM NOT CONDONING THAT you do these things I indicated to you. They are just some choices that you have and decisions you can make in light of the situation. There are risks involved in that you can totally brick the system. It takes time and effort and certainly some heartache knowing that you had a promising device that could have been but eventually did not deliver. So move along and learn from this experience.
5) Goodluck
Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #1799
zi_2005

Hi thank you for the information, I will try to get boot access to the android system but the problem is my flash micro sd card has already been formatted, I think they do have built in storage. I have to figure out a way to install a new flash rom, im sure that will cure it. But I have searched for days how to flash a new rom on one of the and no luck. Im stuck because i cant get in contact with the person i bought it off locally.

Thank you once again.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #1800
Chilton88

Well you need to go to some ANDROID xda forums to figure out how to do that