E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #1841
juggalo79

My Ride: 2003 330xi 6sp
Go to settings in the android side, go to settings and look for "about device" or "about phone". It's the same as a smart phone.
I think the line out converter will solve peoples volume loudness problems, even if you don't have the harmon/ kardon system
Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
juggalo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #1842
rflail

My Ride: 2006 330 CiC ZHP
So I ordered the new Android unit. Hopefully I won't regret this.
rflail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #1843
Lilybel

My Ride: 320
@juggalo79, the version of my unit is 2.3.3. Still can't change the startup screen though. I can change wallpaper but I want to change initial startup screen, not sure if it can be done.
Lilybel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #1844
Crnagora94

My Ride: BMW
Hi, I'm new here =)

I've bought a enco b046. But I have problems. When I hear music, it simply changes of the songs themselves. I have to press several times on dvd or usb so that it recognizes the dvd or usb.

what can be the problem? thank you
Crnagora94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:23 AM   #1845
jchuillier

My Ride: 330CD
Hello all,

Based on the (long) thread it seems that the 046 (Android) has some sound level problems.

Apparently the wifi drivers problem have been sorted.

Does anyone have a feedback on the "new" model with android 4.0.4 new CPU and more RAM, to know if these sound issues have been sorted ?

I definitely want an Android system, I don't want a wince and I don't have an iphone

Thanks for the input
jchuillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #1846
bl1tzk1213g

My Ride: None
I'm seriously considering this if the new 4.04 android is better. What is the difference between b046 and b146?

Last edited by bl1tzk1213g; 12-15-2012 at 09:43 PM.
bl1tzk1213g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #1847
jchuillier

That's why I'm curious about the sound problems....
Old 12-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #1848
bl1tzk1213g

Difference between b046 and b146?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:28 AM   #1849
jchuillier

Hello to you also....
046 Android
146 win ce
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #1850
PainBreak

My Ride: 2004 325i
I have ordered one of the new Android 4.0 units, so I'll let you know how it goes.
PainBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #1851
Cooltool786

My Ride: BMW 325xi
Hi, I just got a '02 325xi for my birthday (12/12/12) and I want to install a navigation. I am young (17) and found a good looking one for a good price. It already has a bezel so I do not have to deal with the double-din/hvac cutting issue. Firstly, I need to know to relocate the climate control module to the lower slot. I found this unit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123 model name:"eway EW801" comes with canbus to connect to the steering wheel. looks like a solid unit. Here is the product on the site. http://ewaygps.com/Product/Special%2...avigation.html
I need to know if its any good. Also if you scroll down you will see a picture of the back of it. It goes from 1-18 labeling each component. If someone has done this before they should know what the inside looks like when they take the original system out. The guy selling is from china and I just want to know if there are factory inputs for all those wires. Also, is this a good system? Please direct me to a thread that explains this if there are any. Found this but it is really no use to me. http://engin1000.pbworks.com/w/page/...50/Main%20Page thank you very much!_nr_
Cooltool786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:48 AM   #1852
jchuillier

Purchased it too this morning.

DVB-T tuner, extension cable....Charles said they have stock and will ship today or tomorrow, we'll see that...
Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #1853
jchuillier

Well for the eway if the price is near the enco I would go for the enco, the hardware specs are much better on the enco, cpu speed, ram, flash, etc....if the eway is worth 300$ then it's ok, if it's more than that....go for the enco...
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #1854
Cooltool786

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchuillier View Post
Well for the eway if the price is near the enco I would go for the enco, the hardware specs are much better on the enco, cpu speed, ram, flash, etc....if the eway is worth 300$ then it's ok, if it's more than that....go for the enco...
actually the enco has less processing power. http://www.szenco.com/page-8-87.html here are the specs from that site
OS

ANDROID 2.3

CPU

TCC8902 ARM11 720MHZ

Memory

512M DDR2

Hardisk

4G FLASH

Dispaly

800*480 high RGB output

wifi

Built in wifi

GPS Modul

SIRF 3 (20way) hot start 3second,cold start30second

3G Modul

EVDO/WCDMA USB
Function

Navigation
Voice Navigation,choose & correct the path automally

Net
wifi,3G

Audio
Support MP3,WMA,WAV etc.

Vedio
Support MP1/2/4,WMV,AVI,RM/RMVB,VOB(DVD)etc.

Photo
Support BMP,JPG,GIF etc.

Ebook
Support TXT

Office
Support WORD,EXCEL,PDF,POWERPOINT

Games
Support many games

the eway has this
Android 4.0 CPU 1.2GHz Car DVD Player 1-DIN GPS NAV 7" 3G WiFi/HD 2160P/Free Map/Bluetooth/iPod

This product is the 1st Car DVD that runs on Android 4.0 OS,it is the most high-speed car radio on ebay and in the whole car dvd industry now.
l Android 4.0
l Android chipset CPU 1.2GHz,Cortex A9
l Memory: 1G DDR3, 4G Nand Flash
taken from http://www.ebay.com/itm/251200464470...84.m1438.l2649 and http://ewaygps.com/Product/Special%2...avigation.html
please give me your opinion on this thanks!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #1855
bl1tzk1213g

Quote:

DVB-T tuner, extension cable....Charles said they have stock and will ship today or tomorrow, we'll see that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainBreak View Post
I have ordered one of the new Android 4.0 units, so I'll let you know how it goes.
Let me know how it goes before I order. Where did you buy and how much? Do I need anything else? relocation kit?

What are the common issues with these units?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #1856
jchuillier

@cooltool, the specs that were given on the previous link give the old eway specs and the specs you use for the enco (szenco) are the old specs also

Enco now has 1.2g cpu, android 4.04 and so on.....

I strongly suspect that they are EXACTLY the same coming from the same company...in any case what's the price for the eway ?

@blitz : The relocation cable is needed if you have the BM54 system with the amplifier in the back of the car, otherwise you're good to go, apparently on the older system with less CPU, ram and android 2.3.3 there was a sound issue on some models (the sound from the radio was louder than the sound from the ipod or usb) besides that the other issue that was there at the start (wifi) had been solved by purchasing the proper dongle.
To purchase it I went to the original site (szenco) and bought it from there, they sent me a proforma invoice and I sent the money with paypal...
Old 12-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #1857
Cooltool786

Quote:
@cooltool, the specs that were given on the previous link give the old eway specs and the specs you use for the enco (szenco) are the old specs also

I strongly suspect that they are EXACTLY the same coming from the same company...in any case what's the price for the eway ?

@blitz : The relocation cable is needed if you have the BM54 system with the amplifier in the back of the car, otherwise you're good to go, apparently on the older system with less CPU, ram and android 2.3.3 there was a sound issue on some models (the sound from the radio was louder than the sound from the ipod or usb) besides that the other issue that was there at the start (wifi) had been solved by purchasing the proper dongle.
To purchase it I went to the original site (szenco) and bought it from there, they sent me a proforma invoice and I sent the money with paypal...
http://sell.lulusoso.com/selling-lea...6-E39-E53.html
340-380 but the sites selling it look really sketchy. on ebay the buy it now is at 579.99 and the biddings at 330 so yeah. they come from shenzhen so i think that they are from the same company http://b2b.11467.com/d1705719.htm
Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #1858
bl1tzk1213g

Quote:

My car has the Business CD. Non NAV and Non Harmon Kardon sound. everything basic. I was talking about the HVAC unit, would I need a relocation trim? Will they send the right dongle? Also Will it come with maps? Is the android slow?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #1859
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:

How much is the new Android unit?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #1860
jchuillier

I don't know about the system you have in your car now, take some pics and people here will help you, android is DEFINITELY not slow, I don't think anybody with a samsung S3 is complaining

I don't know what kind of dongle you are referring to, they will send a wifi dongle and a 3g dongle if you want to buy them, it comes with maps for an extra $10 and for this price it includes the sd card so you'll be able to update the maps....