E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

View Poll Results: Matchup and winner
Ravens vs Giants, Ravens win 4 5.88%
Ravens vs Giants, Giants win 5 7.35%
Ravens vs 49ers, Ravens win 1 1.47%
Ravens vs 49ers, 49ers win 6 8.82%
Pats vs Giants, Pats win 14 20.59%
Pats vs Giants, Giants win 15 22.06%
Pats vs 49ers, Pats win 15 22.06%
Pats vs 49ers, 49ers win 8 11.76%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #21
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Wow u guys are smoking some sh1t if u think patriots are making it through the next round let alone super bowl winners

Such band wagon people

Let's see - ne has a sh1tty d
Besides their te no stand out players aside from Brady. Brady is carrying the team
Dude wtf is wrong with you?

Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski, 4 HUGE offensive threats
Our offensive line provides more than enough protection.
Ridley is a decent runningback, Green-Ellis has yet to fumble a ball... Woodhead makes some great plays as well.

Defense is hurting a bit, but they were on fire Sat night. Yea, it was against the Bronco's... so what, these bronco's beat philly last week. Nincovich was all over the field, as well as Chung. Wilfork speaks for himself. If our defense if anything like it was this past week, Flacco is going to be sent home crying his eyes out. They reminded me of the 2003/2004 Pats defense, haven't seen energy like that in a LONG time.

hahaha i am still laughing at Brady "carrying" the team. He is a HOF quarterback, would you like anyone else carrying the team? thats as pointless as saying Ray Lewis carries Baltimore... he is the heart of that team, but he can't put any points up on the board. Pointless to say considering the talent that is all over Pats offense.

Can Baltimore win next week? Yep, absolutely... but keep in mind they scored 17 points off of turnovers yesterday. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have one that game, but 7 of those points was from a turnover that put them on the friggin 3 yard line.... I think it is safe to say that you willl need an offense that will put up at least 24-27 points to beat the pats... our defense is vulnerable but we have an awesome turnover ratio.

i'm calling pats vs niners for the SB

Last edited by JJR4884; 01-16-2012 at 09:39 AM.
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #22
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Ravens vs 49ers. Ravens win,

Well go into NE and do the same thing we did last time in the playoffs to them. Run the ball and play awesome defense.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #23
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
I see the 49ers defense slamming the Giants hard to advance to the SB.

Also, unless Baltimore has some major issues, I don't think the Pats can go toe to toe with the Ravens.

So I see the Ravens vs 49ers in the SB. I predict the 49ers defense dominates the game and takes it home to SF.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #24
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post

Also, unless Baltimore has some major issues, I don't think the Pats can go toe to toe with the Ravens.

So I see the Ravens vs 49ers in the SB. I predict the 49ers defense dominates the game and takes it home to SF.
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #25
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Ravens vs 49ers. Ravens win,

Well go into NE and do the same thing we did last time in the playoffs to them. Run the ball and play awesome defense.
How do you feel about the win over Houston? our running defense (luckily) isn't as bad as our passing D.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #26
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:

As a giants fan, Im expecting (as has been this postseason) another upset given all the favoritism against the 49ers. Regardless of the outcome, it will be a great game with great defenses making plays. In the end, itll be the team who wants that trip to the SB more and reduces the turnovers/penalties. As long as the NFC wins the SB, Ill be happy.
The whole business of politics has been effectively subcontracted out to a band of professionals. Money people, outreach people, message people, research people. The rest of us are meant to feel like amateurs. In the sense of suckers. We become demotivated to learn more about how things work. We begin to opt out.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #27
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTreyM View Post
Ravens will go where Flacco takes them....and thats nowhere. Hes Sanchez 2.0 imo

31-17 Pats
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
saved for later

i personally think Pats v 49ers(even tho i want the giants to win)
I agree with u guys that it's on flacco and he wasn't great Saturday.

I believe the ravens d will be the critical factor in ensuring a low scoring game.

All the top offenses are out - green bay - new Orleans - beat out by good defenses and good offense albeit not top offense.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #28
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Dude wtf is wrong with you?

Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski, 4 HUGE offensive threats
Our offensive line provides more than enough protection.
Ridley is a decent runningback, Green-Ellis has yet to fumble a ball... Woodhead makes some great plays as well.

Defense is hurting a bit, but they were on fire Sat night. Yea, it was against the Bronco's... so what, these bronco's beat philly last week. Nincovich was all over the field, as well as Chung. Wilfork speaks for himself. If our defense if anything like it was this past week, Flacco is going to be sent home crying his eyes out. They reminded me of the 2003/2004 Pats defense, haven't seen energy like that in a LONG time.

hahaha i am still laughing at Brady "carrying" the team. He is a HOF quarterback, would you like anyone else carrying the team? thats as pointless as saying Ray Lewis carries Baltimore... he is the heart of that team, but he can't put any points up on the board. Pointless to say considering the talent that is all over Pats offense.

Can Baltimore win next week? Yep, absolutely... but keep in mind they scored 17 points off of turnovers yesterday. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have one that game, but 7 of those points was from a turnover that put them on the friggin 3 yard line.... I think it is safe to say that you willl need an offense that will put up at least 24-27 points to beat the pats... our defense is vulnerable but we have an awesome turnover ratio.

i'm calling pats vs niners for the SB
U understand Brady makes those players stand out? Put them on another team and they won't perform.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #29
JJR4884

Quote:

No offense, but don't you mean "unless the Patriots have some major issues"?

If Brady and company are on point, i find it very, very, difficult for anyone left in the playoffs to go toe to toe with him in TDs. The ravens ALWAYS play amazing against us, and even as a diehard Pats fan i am not 100% confident in this game, I guess i'm just surprised that some Raven fans don't feel the least bit worried about our offense.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
joeski3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
As a giants fan, Im expecting (as has been this postseason) another upset given all the favoritism against the 49ers. Regardless of the outcome, it will be a great game with great defenses making plays. In the end, itll be the team who wants that trip to the SB more and reduces the turnovers/penalties. As long as the NFC wins the SB, Ill be happy.
The thing about Green Bay, the Giants defense did wonders against Rodgers. This was the winning factor. The Giants had no running game to speak of and Green Bay's defense is notorious for giving up all kinds of easy yards. But it was ok, so long as Rodgers racked up the passing TDs. He was not on yesterday which was made obvious when he started missing his passes to some wide open receivers.

The 49ers defense is another story entirely. Manning is not going to have the liberty to lob the ball around as much as he did yesterday.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #31
joeski3d

Quote:
No offense, but don't you mean "unless the Patriots have some major issues"?

If Brady and company are on point, i find it very, very, difficult for anyone left in the playoffs to go toe to toe with him in TDs. The ravens ALWAYS play amazing against us, and even as a diehard Pats fan i am not 100% confident in this game, I guess i'm just surprised that some Raven fans don't feel the least bit worried about our offense.
Just the way I see it. And, as a Cowboys fan, my opinion is completely neutral regarding these two teams. Best of luck to both of them. I look forward to watching the game.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #32
DieselJerzE46

My Ride: Triple Beam Dreams
Quote:
Defense is hurting a bit, but they were on fire Sat night. Yea, it was against the Bronco's... so what, these bronco's beat philly last week.
You mean Pitt?

Steelers looked as good as Green Bay did last night vs the Giants, only the Giants are one hell of a better team than the Broncos, and look how the scores ended up.

Either way there are too many match-ups I'd like to see in the SB.

Giants - Ravens rematch. Ravens whoop dat ass again.

Giants - Pats rematch. Patriots get revenge.

Niners - Ravens Harbough SB.

Niners - Pats Brady gets put to the test like Brees.

I'm going with SF - Balt, SF taking it all.
DieselJerzE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #33
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
The thing about Green Bay, the Giants defense did wonders against Rodgers. This was the winning factor. The Giants had no running game to speak of and Green Bay's defense is notorious for giving up all kinds of easy yards. But it was ok, so long as Rodgers racked up the passing TDs. He was not on yesterday which was made obvious when he started missing his passes to some wide open receivers.

The 49ers defense is another story entirely. Manning is not going to have the liberty to lob the ball around as much as he did yesterday.
but the saints threw the ball easily. teams in the high 30's doesnt happen often vs the niners but it did happen.

so its possible. that doesnt mean it WILL happen.....

and um.....romo!?

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #34
JJR4884

Quote:
U understand Brady makes those players stand out? Put them on another team and they won't perform.
lol i'm not even going to bother with you... You make absolutely no sense.

So he makes them make awesome plays? He makes them break tackles? He makes them turn 5yd plays into 15+ yd plays? Give credit when credit is due, we have the best slot receiver in the league, one of the best, if not the best TE in the league, and a handful of other well above average receivers. You pair that up with Brady, who is one of the most intelligent, accurate, QB's in the league, and there ya go...

You know nothing about this team, your ignorance proves it.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #35
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Pats are the best team left. Without a doubt. If people can't see this they are fuucking blind.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #36
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
while brady is a accurate passer, he cant make them catch the ball.

IE the packers last night. Rodgers threw great passes..his receivers dropped them

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #37
DieselJerzE46

My Ride: Triple Beam Dreams
Quote:
Just the way I see it. And, as a Cowboys fan, my opinion is completely neutral regarding these two teams. Best of luck to both of them. I look forward to watching the game.
I think Rodgers was fine last night... not connecting nearly as well as Eli but he DID connect... his receivers just couldn't hold on to the balls. WAY too many dropped balls which just killed every drive and put Rodgers in a situation he is not used to. 2 week break definitely didn't help.

As a Cowboys fan, I want the Giants to lose.
DieselJerzE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #38
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:

True. Thats the biggest factor going into this game. Defenses make or break the game and as you stated, the 49ers defense is not something to laugh about. The way the packers D played last night made it hard to believe they had so many regular season wins.
The whole business of politics has been effectively subcontracted out to a band of professionals. Money people, outreach people, message people, research people. The rest of us are meant to feel like amateurs. In the sense of suckers. We become demotivated to learn more about how things work. We begin to opt out.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #39
JJR4884

Quote:
There are a lot of factors to determine this game... most importantly the pats offense and the ravens defense. I am in no way expecting a blowout like the broncos game... as long as the turnovers are kept to a minimum, it will most likely be a very close game and can go either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselJerzE46 View Post
You mean Pitt?

Steelers looked as good as Green Bay did last night vs the Giants, only the Giants are one hell of a better team than the Broncos, and look how the scores ended up.

Either way there are too many match-ups I'd like to see in the SB.

Giants - Ravens rematch. Ravens whoop dat ass again.

Giants - Pats rematch. Patriots get revenge.

Niners - Ravens Harbough SB.

Niners - Pats Brady gets put to the test like Brees.

I'm going with SF - Balt, SF taking it all.
lol yes Pitt... whoops
Old 01-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #40
joeski3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
IE the packers last night. Rodgers threw great passes..his receivers dropped them
He also threw some crap passes last night. Either behind his wide open receivers or way to fast. Rodgers was off target last night. He's the primary reason why the Giants took the W last night.

Ballbusters Inc.