E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
straight_beamin

My Ride: 2000 bmw 323i
Active Autowerke Software. O2 Delete (CEL) cost extra?

Active Software tune
Hey, I heard from a local shop that can do the reflash but it costs extra for the o2 delete to get rid of the CEL. They want to charge me for the software, plus an extra 200 to get rid of that cel.

Didnt think this was true... is it?
straight_beamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
straight_beamin

Anybody?.... i know it doesn't cost extra but i need others to state this so i can get the normal price

yeah android.....
Old 01-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
The software itself will hide the CEL.

They are fuccking with you.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Gheybe

Call AA and talk to someone. Viral, for example.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
straight_beamin

I kno. He says he will cut me the "deal" if active can verify

yeah android.....
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Gheybe

its not a deal. its the correct price. go to another shop.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Reflash your DME with EU2 tune and call it a day.

I was going to get ActiveAutowerke software, but since there's no dyne's available I thought its kind of a waste of money...
EU2 will disable post cat o2 & catalyst monitoring and your cel will not light. There are no emissions requirements in europe so thats why the european cars have a different tune. You will probably gain a few ponies from the tune as well...
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
straight_beamin

Thanks gheybe, i appreciate your help

yeah android.....
Old 01-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
straight_beamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post

I was going to get ActiveAutowerke software, but since there's no dyne's available I thought its kind of a waste of money...
EU2 will disable post cat o2 & catalyst monitoring and your cel will not light. There are no emissions requirements in europe so thats why the european cars have a different tune. You will probably gain a few ponies from the tune as well...
Where can i get this? Cost? Downtime?

yeah android.....
Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Why buy anything from AA? Read up on this company, they lie. The sh!t they market is a lie, period. If you buy into this B/S.. I'll sell you anything you want, and claim anything that will get you to buy it. For half the cost you can buy a real tune. (Jimmy C) That you can install in minutes.. Yes, you will still fail emissions, with both tunes listed. Why such a fan boy gheybe?? You know this tune is sh!t. Post up a dyno with current mods.. ALSO OP almost anyone with a laptop and/or desire to have access to euro tunes can. KEEP LOOKING!!!

Last edited by xixixi; 01-16-2012 at 08:32 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Exclamation Active Autowerke Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000e46bmw323i View Post
Active Software tune
Hey, I heard from a local shop that can do the reflash but it costs extra for the o2 delete to get rid of the CEL. They want to charge me for the software, plus an extra 200 to get rid of that cel.

Didnt think this was true... is it?
Hello Sir,

Thanks for posting this up, our base Performance Software tune modifies the vehicles performance based on modifications such as Performance Cold Air Intakes, Throttle setting and also Higher Octane if available. For Vehicles with off-road options such Performance Headers where the catalytic converters are eliminated. We have the ability to disable the Rear O2 Monitors to remove the SES warning light, that way if the vehicle does have an "actual problem" such as misfires due to bad coils or cam shaft sensor etc. the SES light will be triggered. The Pricing for this option does cost $200.00 and the vehicle will not pass emissions. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly via E-mail or by phone.

Best Regards,

Viral Vahia
Active Autowerke Sales Consultant
Direct Email: Viral@activeautowerke.com
Direct Contact: 305-233-9300 Ext: 227

Quote:

Yes, we are working on Dyno Tunes Page for the websitre I have been silently working with engineering to have this information available in due time. I have attached a link below with our direct flickr account showing some of the ones we have posted up for your viewing.

You are correct, Eurospec vehicles are different from the US Spec due to our Emissions and gasoline standard couple of reason why the M3 CSL was never available in the US. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than glad to assist you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/activea...7622889966551/

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Why buy anything from AA? Read up on this company, they lie. The sh!t they market is a lie, period. If you buy into this B/S.. I'll sell you anything you want, and claim anything that will get you to buy it. For half the cost you can buy a real tune. That you can install in minutes.. Yes, you will still fail emissions.
This is kinda shocking to me, since at one point you were about to buy a AA Supercharger Kit for your E46. I am sorry that you feel this way about Active Autowerke. Please contact me directly that way we can address your concerns and shed light to any issues that you may have with the company.
Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921

Last edited by Viral@ActiveAutowerke; 01-16-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
straight_beamin

So if i ordee from active directly its 600 for software not 399?

yeah android.....
Old 01-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:

yeah android.....
I would recommend you contacting our Active Autowerke Authorized Dealer in Ontario Bimmersport and Speak to Johnny and he will be more than glad to work out a deal for the Performance Software. This will save you the hassle and downtime of sending the ECU back and forth.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than glad to assist you.
Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #14
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:

yeah android.....
These tunes don't work man, get a shark. It has been proven to be the better product. It's half the cost. No lies from Jimmy C, he backs up all his tunes with dynos. Active has been "working" on the n/a tunes for several years. Nothing has come of it, nothing will come of it. I can dig up posts that are singing this exact song, years ago!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
straight_beamin

Ya but i need to get rid of the cel

yeah android.....
Old 01-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Quote:
....There are no emissions requirements in europe so thats why the european cars have a different tune. You will probably gain a few ponies from the tune as well...
WRONG! EU has its own emissions requirements. Some are as stringent as ours.
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
jonny_blaze

My Ride: E46 M3 AA HKS S/C
Such a pointless thread, that could have been easily solved with a simple phone call to Active, or research on the pricing given by the Active distributor. There has been more than 50-100 BMW's flashed in Toronto.
jonny_blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #18
straight_beamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
Such a pointless thread, that could have been easily solved with a simple phone call to Active, or research on the pricing given by the Active distributor. There has been more than 50-100 BMW's flashed in Toronto.
actually already called bimmersport. Guy says its 500 with check engine light removal. Funny cause When I stated I contacted a local shop your eyes must have skipped that part. Stop whining and lighten up. We are here to learn twat
Old 01-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
straight_beamin

So many different opinions some say its shit, some say its ok, NO dynos?
what the
Old 01-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
So many different opinions some say its shit, some say its ok, NO dynos?
what the
Ask yourself why a company wouldn't publish dynos? If they had a superior product, an a way to prove it to their customers? If I was tuning bmw's, I'd have a gazillion dyno's to back up my product. That is... if I had a product that was even worth selling.... I can gut my shark driver and fill it full of promises, write AA on it.. Include a piece of tape to cover your CEL.. what you say 20 bucks shipped?