E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #21
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
These tunes don't work man, get a shark. It has been proven to be the better product. It's half the cost. No lies from Jimmy C, he backs up all his tunes with dynos. Active has been "working" on the n/a tunes for several years. Nothing has come of it, nothing will come of it. I can dig up posts that are singing this exact song, years ago!
OK, you need to tone this down, there have been many happy Active customers. Yeah, I'm not the most impressed with them, and no I don't like how they handled the GB, but doesn't mean we should bash them all the time. Their tunes do make power...as much as SHARK? Well, so far no. Doesn't mean it's not a viable alternative to people who have specific needs.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
OK, you need to tone this down, there have been many happy Active customers. Yeah, I'm not the most impressed with them, and no I don't like how they handled the GB, but doesn't mean we should bash them all the time. Their tunes do make power...as much as SHARK? Well, so far no. Doesn't mean it's not a viable alternative to people who have specific needs.
They need to stop manipulating people with the marketing. So these threads don't show up every 10 minutes. I won't stand by watching people get taken by shady marketing. 600 dollars for a crap tune and no light on the dash, you still fail emissions? You can buy a very good obd2 tool reader/shark for the price of this tune. I will continue to educate people. What specific needs? No CEL? That light on the dash is worth 300 bucks?

Last edited by xixixi; 01-18-2012 at 06:24 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #23
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Thank you for the reply and fair input in this thread.

Quote:
They need to stop manipulating people with the marketing. So these threads don't show up every 10 minutes. I won't stand by watching people get taken by shady marketing. 600 dollars for a crap tune and no light on the dash, you still fail emissions? You can buy a very good obd2 tool reader/shark for the price of this tune. I will continue to educate people.
We are not in the business to manipulate people or false advertise performance products. If we didn't have the ability to "tune" vehicles we won't be able to create Supercharger Kits. I am not sure what caused you to have such strong hatefulness towards Active Autowerke but I will be more than glad to openly or private answer your questions. Everyone is entitled to their own choices at the end of the day, but to purposely "bash" company's products without owning it is not fair in my opinion.
Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Thank you for the reply and fair input in this thread.

We are not in the business to manipulate people or false advertise performance products. If we didn't have the ability to "tune" vehicles we won't be able to create Supercharger Kits. I am not sure what caused you to have such strong hatefulness towards Active Autowerke but I will be more than glad to openly or private answer your questions. Everyone is entitled to their own choices at the end of the day, but to purposely "bash" company's products without owning it is not fair in my opinion.
Everything that I have said is the truth, who has an issue with the truth in this thread? Viral, I applaud you to prove me wrong. M54B30 every bolt on, zhp cams, make me a "custom tune" that will out perform my tune. I never said you can't tune cars. I just implied, other people are better at it. For a cheaper price. Jim Conforti dos a better job. He has pages of dynos to verify his claims. You have none, you have promised much. Delivered not so much.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #25
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Everything that I have said is the truth, who has an issue with the truth in this thread? Viral, I applaud you to prove me wrong. M54B30 every bolt on, zhp cams, make me a "custom tune" that will out perform my tune. I never said you can't tune cars. I just implied, other people are better at it. For a cheaper price. Jim Conforti dos a better job. He has pages of dynos to verify his claims. You have none, you have promised much. Delivered not so much.
We are working on gathering a list of dynos (as you can see in our Flickr Link Below) that we have Accumulated over the last Decade, and are creating a devoted section on our website to have this information readily available for every vehicle that we can tune from the E30 325i to the X6M. I am glad you like your Shark Tune for your vehicle, and like I said before everyone is entitled to their own choice. But we will have this Devoted Dyno Page up and running hopefully soon. In the meantime you can view our Flickr Account for Pictures and Dyno Information.

Active Autowerke Dyno Flickr Page

Last edited by Viral@ActiveAutowerke; 01-18-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #26
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
We are working on gathering a list of dynos (as you can see in our Flickr Link Below) that we have Accumulated over the last Decade, and are creating a devoted section on our website to have this information readily available for every vehicle that we can tune from the E30 325i to the X6M. I am glad you like your Shark Tune for your vehicle, and like I said before everyone is entitled to their own choice. But we will have this Devoted Dyno Page up and running hopefully soon. In the meantime you can view our Flickr Account for Pictures and Dyno Information.

Active Autowerke Dyno Flickr Page
Only 11 years behind the competition. I'm willing to speed this process up, if you are? M54B30 full bolt ons, zhp cams. I'll dyno before, I upload your tune. Then do as many pulls as my clutch will allow. Bimmer's R US is local, I'm sure they are willing to entertain this idea. Let me know, I'd love to help you sell these tunes. As I would anyone that has a proven product. Every independent dyno this forum has seen shows active as the loser. You are 0 for 1 on the custom tune+cams.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #27
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Only 11 years behind the competition. I'm willing to speed this process up, if you are? M54B30 full bolt ons, zhp cams. I'll dyno before, I upload your tune. Then do as many pulls as my clutch will allow. Bimmer's R US is local, I'm sure they are willing to entertain this idea. Let me know, I'd love to help you sell these tunes. As I would anyone that has a proven product. Every independent dyno this forum has seen shows active as the loser. You are 0 for 1 on the custom tune+cams.
Your doing a full N/A with Nitrous build from what I been seeing in this section. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=895917

Please contact me directly via E-mail at Viral@activeautowerke.com with the full list of modifications to this E46 330 x Xi you have going on. As much as I would love for you sell our tunes, my main concern is to earn your belief in our product and tuning capability.

Last edited by Viral@ActiveAutowerke; 01-18-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #28
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Your doing a full N/A with Nitrous build from what I been seeing in this section. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=895917

Please contact me directly via E-mail at Viral@activeautowerke.com with the full list of modifications to this E46 330 x Xi you have going on. As much as I would love for you sell our tunes, my main concern is to earn your belief in our product and tuning capability. It's times like this I really wish I would have had kept my ZHP to duke it out .
Well said, Sir. I've never had any personal attack/problem with you or your company. Just a few products. With all that being said, I'd blow my car up to win .
Old 01-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #29
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Well said, Sir. I've never had any personal attack/problem with you or your company. Just a few products. With all that being said, I'd blow my car up to win .
Thank you for hearing me out and allowing me to present my side.

Well I now have a 135 with some bolts and a tune that would like to get some action.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #30
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Thank you for hearing me out and allowing me to present my side.

Well I now have a 135 with some bolts and a tune that would like to get some action.
Ditto, I can't handle that 1nder... YET
Old 02-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #31
rkneeshaw

My Ride: 330i ZHP
any update?

By the way, well handled Viral.

rkneeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #32
straight_beamin

My Ride: 2000 bmw 323i
havent purchased it yet but i am going to do the active autowerke tune with cat delete and o2 delete. Just bought a carbon trunk so it will have to wait a few weeks
straight_beamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #33
fastjasonbmw

My Ride: 330Xi
In for 330 + bolt ons results
fastjasonbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #34
straight_beamin

I will post dyno results on 323i in spring. Got every bolt on you can buy

yeah android.....
Old 02-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #35
Bmw_fever

My Ride: 01' 325i ZSP ZCW
did you change your intake manifold?
Bmw_fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #36
xdmikey

My Ride: e46 cabrio
dinan-aa-dinan

had dinan and all the usual bolts(no cams). tried the aa tune. ran back to dinan. got my ses light back but wtf, what's $3-400?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #37
xdmikey

My Ride: e46 cabrio
next mod will be shark; after i pass inspection!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #38
straight_beamin

man with all the money you spent switching from tune to tune you could have bought some nice shit lol dinan ftw?
straight_beamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #39
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Dinan, Shark, or AA?

I'd like to see some solid figures from AA rather than "see for myself". I'd love to do some before and after dynos with AA's software, but I just don't have the money. I'd rather go with something tried and true that is guaranteed a power increase and use an O2 simulator.

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #40
Bmw_fever

My Ride: 01' 325i ZSP ZCW
just go with Shark then... the only real AA test done basically didn't make any gains, you'd just be paying for the name.
Bmw_fever is offline   Reply With Quote