E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
bmdubalicious

My Ride: 03 325i
Headers installed.. Advice on tuning

So I recently installed some BimmerBrakes headers and now its time to get a tune to make the most of the power. I know this topic has been beaten to death and I have searched but just wanted some opinions. It seems like the AA tune will be the most beneficial in terms of power output but from what i've read there have been instances of no difference. Any thoughts on this? Thanks guys TIA
BMWCCA Member #461128

2003 Jet Black 325i ZPP, ZCW
Mods: P46's with Orion V2's | Cosmos Racing Cold Air Intake | UUC Underdrive Pullies | H&R/Koni | Staggered Style 119's | Clear Corners/Sidemarkers/Tails | Bimmerbrakes Stoptech Slotted Brake Upgrade | BimmerBrakes Headers | Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Soon to Come: Shark Injector
bmdubalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdubalicious View Post
So I recently installed some BimmerBrakes headers and now its time to get a tune to make the most of the power. I know this topic has been beaten to death and I have searched but just wanted some opinions. It seems like the AA tune will be the most beneficial in terms of power output but from what i've read there have been instances of no difference. Any thoughts on this? Thanks guys TIA
Really ?

Any links or Forum member dyno's, AA has not done that well.

I think you need to do A LOT more research before ordering. Try a search on the Shark Injector, you may like what you find.

Good luck.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
zooter2002

My Ride: 2002 330i
I'm in the same situation as u. I have been looking at oetuning & shark and the euro 2 tune. I really want the eu2 tune but I can't find anyone or anywhere to get it done. Oetuning has got a few good reviews on here and it gets rid of the post 02 readings and disables the SAP.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Bimmer
zooter2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
rkneeshaw

My Ride: 330i ZHP
ESS gave me a tune, turned off the lower O2 sensors too so no SES light. I've been happy with it, although no dyno's to show gains.

rkneeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
bmdubalicious

I researched the shark injector and my only issue with that was the gains from the header modification. I looked into the eu2 tune also but am curious as to how much of a hp/tq gain I would get from that rather than just the CEL delete. ESS Tuning is one I did not look into yet I will give them a shout. Thanks everyone!
BMWCCA Member #461128

Mods: P46's with Orion V2's | Cosmos Racing Cold Air Intake | UUC Underdrive Pullies | H&R/Koni | Staggered Style 119's | Clear Corners/Sidemarkers/Tails | Bimmerbrakes Stoptech Slotted Brake Upgrade | BimmerBrakes Headers | Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
215 rear wheels.. HP/TQ.. add shark tune, long tube intake, headers. I'd love to assure you in any other way. No AA tune to DATE with those modifications can produce that number. WTF would you like to buy? Gains or AA FAILURE?

Last edited by xixixi; 01-17-2012 at 11:31 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
bmdubalicious

I already have the intake, headers, pullies, and res. delete exhaust. So Shark will give me those numbers or close to them? I need to lighten some of the weight....
BMWCCA Member #461128

Old 01-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #8
serdar255

My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
Shark Injector has my vote!

For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdubalicious View Post
I already have the intake, headers, pullies, and res. delete exhaust. So Shark will give me those numbers or close to them? I need to lighten some of the weight....
SEARCH MAN!!!! Forget about your mods, get a shark. Period!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
POLECAT

My Ride: 2001 330ci M-T
did EML light on when u installed bb headers ?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
m3cabrio

My Ride: convert m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
SEARCH MAN!!!! Forget about your mods, get a shark. Period!
Not to start an argument since I like both AA and ESS, but you are slandering a company like AA when its obvious you have no clue what your talking about.

Notice the O.P asked for a O2 delete and software and you keep telling him go with the shark when everyone that knows anything about tunning or hearders etc etc knows that you cant 02 delete with Shark and both ESS and AA can tune a lot more on your DME than a shark injector can.

Just saying maybe you need to search before you give anybody advice. Again just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLECAT View Post
did EML light on when u installed bb headers ?
Im sure it has, Cats efficiency as well as Im sure O2 sensors as well.

Last edited by m3cabrio; 01-26-2012 at 06:41 PM.
m3cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #12
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3cabrio View Post
Not to start an argument since I like both AA and ESS, but you are slandering a company like AA when its obvious you have no clue what your talking about.

Notice the O.P asked for a O2 delete and software and you keep telling him go with the shark when everyone that knows anything about tunning or hearders etc etc knows that you cant 02 delete with Shark and both ESS and AA can tune a lot more on your DME than a shark injector can.

Just saying maybe you need to search before you give anybody advice. Again just sayin.
You are 100%, correct. I have no clue. I got this for 40 bucks and I pass emissions no CEL... and still make more power. Cool Story though. AA/ESS are way better tuners than Jim Conforti... They just aren't really big on proving it... rofl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dardenne-20120126-00214.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	434118  

Last edited by xixixi; 01-26-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
You are 100%, correct. I have no clue. I got this for 40 bucks and I pass emissions no CEL... and still make more power. Cool Story though. AA/ESS are way better tuners than Jim Conforti... They just aren't really big on proving it... rofl
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
Au2bahn

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP,09 HCHII
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooter2002 View Post
I'm in the same situation as u. I have been looking at oetuning & shark and the euro 2 tune. I really want the eu2 tune but I can't find anyone or anywhere to get it done. Oetuning has got a few good reviews on here and it gets rid of the post 02 readings and disables the SAP.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Bimmer

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer

ESS TS2 - VMR V710 19" wheels - KW Coilovers - 3.46 Diff - Macht Schnell 5mm Rear Spacers - BMW Performance BBK w/ floating rotors -
BMW Performance Strut Brace - BMW Performance Air Intake - BMW Performance SSK/DSSR - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - SS Brake Lines -
OEM M3 RTAB w/ Vorshlag Limiters - Meyle HD FCAB - TMS Sway Bars w/ adjustable links - AEM Digital Boost Gauge -
Stewart w/p - 6K HID Fogs - Swain Coated Magnaflow headers
Au2bahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
m3cabrio

My Ride: convert m3
Quote:
You are 100%, correct. I have no clue. I got this for 40 bucks and I pass emissions no CEL... and still make more power. Cool Story though.
You got what for 40 bucks?? Your not explaining how you wire set is producing more power. lmao

Quote:
AA/ESS are way better tuners than Jim Conforti... They just aren't really big on proving it... rofl
Sure they are.

Infact ESS was one of the first companies to have the ability to tune MS45s before anybody and that goes for Conforti as well as AA.

You comparing Conforti which is a good tuner and Im not discrediting Conforti AT ALL to companies like ESS and AA. When ESS alone has dominated the tunning and F.I BMWs since the 90s as well as AA.

Your avoiding your inaccurate post/advice to the O.P who simply asked about software for his car less 02 and again everybody knows Confrotis software does provide 02 delete for MS45 .
m3cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #16
xixixi
Banned User

It's an 02 sim that allows you to pass emissions. You should up on it. If you would do the research and see the dyno thread. You would know the companies you speak off, offer an inferior product. The first man in the game isn't always the best. I can further explain my point of view through PM's. If you would like to continue this conversation. That is where it will take place. Enjoy your products.

Last edited by xixixi; 01-27-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
Heres what to do, get a local to do the eu2 tune for you. Then send your dme to oem tuning, and have them tune it. There you are done. You have deleted the post cat 02 sensors, and you can also take the sap off, and you got probably the best tune possible with oem tuning.

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #18
xixixi
Banned User

I think darkside means to say OE Tuning! For those following this thread/searching
Old 01-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideracer69 View Post
Heres what to do, get a local to do the eu2 tune for you. Then send your dme to oem tuning, and have them tune it. There you are done. You have deleted the post cat 02 sensors, and you can also take the sap off, and you got probably the best tune possible with oem tuning.
How about Euro Tuning on the MS45 DME? and then Tune for Boost?
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
Quote:
I think darkside means to say OE Tuning! For those following this thread/searching
Yea, you got my back.

Sent from my SGH-T959V

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote