E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Mr.Jack

My Ride: M3
Whole meal on grill

It's starting to warm up some so I think I'll bust out the grill tomorrow. I usually cook steaks and asparagus on the grill, but am open to more suggestions.

What are your favorite grill meals and if you want to share, how you make them? I tend to stay away from grilled chicken because I ALWAYS dry it out
Mr.Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
ddaniel1
CWO4 (Ret)

My Ride: 328i, M3, 525iT
Mr Jack, read up on and try brining your chicken before grilling, that will keep it from drying out, works great, esp for turkey, but works great for chicken, here is a good resource:
http://www.bbq-porch.org/brining00.htm
ddaniel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Mr.Jack

Ah thank you, thank you
Old 03-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
ddaniel1
CWO4 (Ret)

My Ride: 328i, M3, 525iT
Try my beans:

Darrell’s Grilled Baked Beans
These beans use a base of bush’s original baked beans, this recipe is for 3 55oz cans in an aluminum roaster pan, for smaller quantities reduce by 3rds for each can, I always make these for large groups so I have no experience with smaller batches.

3 55 oz cans bush’s original backed beans
1 large or 2 medium yellow onions diced pretty fine
3 bunches of green onions diced fine up into the green for color
Allot of garlic, 8 to 12 cloves diced super fine, I use Gilroy’s crushed garlic in the jar about 2 tablespoons
1 Pound of RAW high quality smoked bacon, slice in ¼” pieces, I slice the entire pound at once ¼” at a time, they come apart while cooking, I use “John Morrell double smoked thick sliced”
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 Tablespoons coarse black pepper
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Combine and stir well in aluminum pan
Place on grill and cook 1 hour stirring frequently, pay close attention to the bottom so the beans don’t stick, the beans will start to thicken and the onions will no longer be visible at around the 45 min mark, keep stirring and cooking, if you remove to soon they will be runny, if they start getting very thick while hot it is time to get them off, it takes a little practice depending on your grill and how hot it gets
I have not used the oven to make these, so I am not sure how that will work.
It is critically important to fully cook these because of the raw bacon, if sliced small enough when the onion is done and becomes transparent the bacon should be fully cooked, 1 hour seems to work well for me on my grill.
It is critically important to support the bottom of the aluminum pan off the grill, I pull it off the grill onto a cookie sheet to transport into the house, they are hot so be careful, stir, place in serving dish and enjoy.
Here they are raw before putting on the grill:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beans2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	440119  
ddaniel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:33 AM   #5
Mr.Jack

Grilling beans! Haha I shall try this
Old 03-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
217Bimmer
Banned User

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
if youre drying out your chicken you are cooking it too long! just cook til done and it will be juicy as ****. maybe you are cooking too big of pieces. try thighs first instead of breasts.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
the best thing about a grill is, you can cook whatever the F you want on it

make some ceasar dressing, and also if you have some stale bread, make your own croutons as well, easy as hell. get the grill HOT HOT HOT and brush a little bit of oil on the grates. get a whole head of romaine, washed, cut it down the middle. A little salt and pepper on the cut side, and face down on the grilll for a minute or two. take off, let it cool a bit, then serve like that, drizzle dressing on top with some croutons and fresh shaved parmigiano reggiano.... awesome salad, the grill taste brings it so another level. Keep in mind, you are not cutting the bottom of the heart off... that is what holds the entire half-head together

Same goes for artichokes... you can blanch and shock them quickly if you want, not necessary... then cut in half (stem still in tact holding the two halfs) and grill face down. Serve with a garlic/lemon whatever you want aioli to dip the artichoke leaves in. Delish.

Grilled brussel sprouts > *

Butterflied sausage > * Get a good brand with nice strong/thick casing. I use Perri Sweet Italian. Cut lengthwise, about 3/4 through the sausage, then use your hands to open it up to create more of a patty hour of it. Skin side down first, then flip and make sure you char the meat/fat on the opposite side. Yea, you are cooking a lot of the fat/juices out of it, but the sausage is still moist and the golden brown flavor of the sausage meat is WELL worth the loss of a little moisture. Put that on a bulky roll with some horseradish mustard, and have a wonderful day lol.

I've grilled whole red snapper before as well... lol that was fun. You can stuff it with herbs and what not first, then cook about 4-5 min each side. Nom nom nom.

Damn I am so ready for grill season its not even funny.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
I posted this a few years ago: leg of lamb and homemade pita cooked on the grill, with tabouleh, tatziki and Greek salad:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=mediterranean

brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
look at that spread