E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #221
jeagolf

My Ride: 04 330Ci Vert
Terra I've tried a ton of different ones. There are 3 that are US versions. I have loaded the one that DIS says is in my car and i have tried to load these 2 in the photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1329683588.776538.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	437829  
jeagolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #222
jeagolf

I have an auto do I need to disconnect the tranny or GM module?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #223
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeagolf View Post
Terra I've tried a ton of different ones. There are 3 that are US versions. I have loaded the one that DIS says is in my car and i have tried to load these 2 in the photo
I really don't know at this point. I made a fresh windows install and set up winkfp using the same procedure I sent you, and I'm able to select all the various ms45.1 ZUSBs.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #224
jeepo23

My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougL3NC View Post
OK, got to play in Progman for a bit. Connected, read the Key/Car Memory and I started to code. I coded Lights flash on Lock, ReLock after 2min, and auto-lock after 8km/h. It says it sucessfully coded, but the Flash and ReLock don't work. I did the coding with the car running cause several people said they were able to do the individualization with the car running.

What gives?

Also, Progman doesn't let you do the corner marker delete...which program does?

***needless to say, the adapter to use the 20-pin got me a HELL of a lot further this time!***
Well do you have an actual alarm installed?
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #225
jeagolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
I really don't know at this point. I made a fresh windows install and set up winkfp using the same procedure I sent you, and I'm able to select all the various ms45.1 ZUSBs.
I think something is wrong with my car personally. I have several hundred miles on the drive cycle and my car still shows several sensors and systems "not ready"

I will whipe everything on the computer and try again either later tonight or tomorrow.

PS: In case I forgot.... THANK YOU!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #226
Tate325xi

My Ride: 325xi & CLK55 AMG
Are you guys able to use the software from the Romanian guy on Windows 7 64-bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
sometimes i'm into it and my one hand gets tired, i try switching, but then it's like someone with lou gehrig's trying to peel a carrot.
Tate325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #227
e46hellrot

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenluczynski View Post
Since the P.A soft thread is becoming mixed with the ebay Gt1 diagnostic stuff i just decided to make a separate thread
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-OBD-...9&cmd=ViewItem
I bought this item a few weeks ago and it came in yesterday and I'm extreamley happy, the only problem I'm having is sss wont open up
ive heard stories that the battery of the car can explode if mis used. is that correct?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #228
cnotesdip

My Ride: 330ci
has anyone try to used this to change the milage on a car i know it can be done with a gt1 i bought a used odometer for my mini cooper and i want to code it to my vehicle
cnotesdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #229
cnotesdip

My Ride: 330ci
heres the link for the one i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/330655117498...84.m1439.l2649
cnotesdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #230
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnotesdip View Post
has anyone try to used this to change the milage on a car i know it can be done with a gt1 i bought a used odometer for my mini cooper and i want to code it to my vehicle
Mileage cannot be changed without disassembling the cluster, removing the chip, and reprogramming it. "GT1" can't do it either
Old 02-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #231
POLECAT

My Ride: 2001 330ci M-T
hi all. my package came yesterday but i couldnt install my pc have win7 64 bit but i will install virtual box and windows xp into it. but how can i use this program ? how can i ecu programing ? fox example my car is 330ci redline 6.400 rpm i want to increase 7000 rpm and speed limiter 250 but i want to increase speed limiter. will i do these with this program ? thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #232
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Go through the forum.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #233
deadwood83

My Ride: has an iron lung
Send a message via MSN to deadwood83
One thing I haven't seen yet. All my machines are W7 x64. However my laptop has W7 Pro so it has XP mode. Will that work? ac_2007 i saw that you were using XP mode in W7 but I wasn't sure whether or not that was in W7x86 or W7x64.

Ordered the link in the OP. Hoping to try some tuning. If I can enable bixenon + high + fog like Terra seems to have done I will be a happy camper. Also I have ebay headers, so there's that.

On the 12/02 325xi DMEs only one has a note for AWD = Yes and that's the Japan version. I have a slushbox. Should I be concerned?

Also what is "data record without EOBD"?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #234
jeepo23

What's the big deal with highs + fogs? That some new thing all the kids run?

I disabled my drls and enabled lock/unlock flash.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #235
deadwood83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepo23 View Post

We have a cabin about 2 hours away from the nearest town at roughly 8.7K feet elevation. To get there you need to drive 13 miles of mostly unkept dirt road avoiding washboarding, animals, and large rocks. Highs + bix + fogs give an excellent combo of brightness, foreground, and distance lighting. (<3 taking the FX35, but its not always an option)

With simple wiring bix + highs is easy, especially since I have retrofitted MH1s. But then there's a lot of missing foreground that makes for extremely unpleasant surprises when you hit that pothole in front of a cattle guard or run over a ping pong ball sized rock.

I actually use my AWD all year 'round
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #236
jeepo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood83 View Post
We have a cabin about 2 hours away from the nearest town at roughly 8.7K feet elevation. To get there you need to drive 13 miles of mostly unkept dirt road avoiding washboarding, animals, and large rocks. Highs + bix + fogs give an excellent combo of brightness, foreground, and distance lighting. (<3 taking the FX35, but its not always an option)

With simple wiring bix + highs is easy, especially since I have retrofitted MH1s. But then there's a lot of missing foreground that makes for extremely unpleasant surprises when you hit that pothole in front of a cattle guard or run over a ping pong ball sized rock.

Ah I see sounds to me like you need a jeep. I wouldn't want to run my bimmer up a road that you just described
Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #237
deadwood83

Quote:
Ah I see sounds to me like you need a jeep. I wouldn't want to run my bimmer up a road that you just described
Eh, we have an Xterra w/ offroad and the AWD FX but my schedule never seems to match up with when others go up so those cars are usually already up there. Plus from a purely $$ standpoint, the Bimmer is cheaper to make the trip in than either of the others.

Saw in another post (things should probably be consolidated ) that someone with an auto 03 325xi successfully reflashed their DME with EU2 so I'm no longer worried.

The software side of things though sounds like a pain in the butt. I'll probably just run a VM since I have no idea where program files and whatnot are stored in compatibility mode. Are VMs any slower? Hardware would be C2D 2.8GHz, Quadro FX 770m, 8gb DDR2 800 in dual channel.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #238
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Eh, we have an Xterra w/ offroad and the AWD FX but my schedule never seems to match up with when others go up so those cars are usually already up there. Plus from a purely $$ standpoint, the Bimmer is cheaper to make the trip in than either of the others.

Saw in another post (things should probably be consolidated ) that someone with an auto 03 325xi successfully reflashed their DME with EU2 so I'm no longer worried.

The software side of things though sounds like a pain in the butt. I'll probably just run a VM since I have no idea where program files and whatnot are stored in compatibility mode. Are VMs any slower? Hardware would be C2D 2.8GHz, Quadro FX 770m, 8gb DDR2 800 in dual channel.
It should run fine on that system with a VM. If you want to run multiple VMs simultaneously, then I would recommend a quad core (or better)
Old 03-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #239
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
One thing I haven't seen yet. All my machines are W7 x64. However my laptop has W7 Pro so it has XP mode. Will that work? ac_2007 i saw that you were using XP mode in W7 but I wasn't sure whether or not that was in W7x86 or W7x64.

Ordered the link in the OP. Hoping to try some tuning. If I can enable bixenon + high + fog like Terra seems to have done I will be a happy camper. Also I have ebay headers, so there's that.

On the 12/02 325xi DMEs only one has a note for AWD = Yes and that's the Japan version. I have a slushbox. Should I be concerned?

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jIZ7LjKikyJFU.PNG[/IM]
Also what is "data record without EOBD"?
I was running Windows 7-32bit in XP SP2 compatibility mode. It was not entirely necessary, however I reformatted and now everything is installed on a new partition with XP. I have no experience running this software in a 64-bit environment. I do know programs like PA Soft won't work in it though.

Right now I have the 712147564452 tune, which was used from Jan 2000 to Feb 2005. My car is a manual 2001, and the tune applies for many different configurations, including "Auto = Yes" and "Data record without EOBD = No".

Quote:

Quote:

Must've been the first week I had my car, a friend and I decided to take it up north on the backroads and stretch its legs a bit. Before long, we were officially in hick county and the roads started to show that. I entered a gravel road which was supposedly for 2-way traffic, however it would've barely been wide enough for 1 car at some points (think narrow European forest road, driven at under 10mph)

At this point, surrounded by the dense forest on each side, it was almost pitch black aside from my Xenon headlights. I reached a very steep gradient which I wasn't entirely comfortable climbing with the car (this was with stock 16's), nevertheless I made it up with the help of the ASC, without hitting any grizzly bears.

Low beams were the equivalent of fog lights, and only illuminated a short distance in front of the car. High beams were better, but disabled the fogs and made it more difficult to see nearby obstacles, including the sides of the road. Has to be one of the most interesting/frightening experiences with my car to date, high beams + fogs would've been perfect.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #240
Shayn

My Ride: 325ci
Just got my kit from romania! can't wait to get started.
Shayn is offline   Reply With Quote