E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Parting Out

Parting Out
Parting out your car? Post your entire list of BMW parts for sale in one forum. Single items should be posted in one of the other classified forums.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
bradferry

My Ride: 03 m3 CSL
WTB e46 halogen FR passenger headlight

Hello,
im looking for a e46 headlight , non xenon.
here's alittle info on whats going on.

i got into an accident in my m3 and i replaced pretty much the whole front of the car, hood fenders etc support radiator .. my drivers light is good no tabs broken or anything and they are the xenon (auto levelers)

the passenger side got more of the brunt end of the accident and the back housing on the light itself broke along with the lower tab.( Internals on my light are good and i can probably retrofit all the stuff into a non-xenon housing) is what i'm hoping for

i'm trying to do a retro fit ; all the hardware from my xenon headlight into a non-xenon housing .

I dont want to take away from the car by putting depo (ebay crap) headlights on, as i want all bmw parts. and save a couple hundred $'s with the retrofit being all my internals are good on my xenon headlight.

if you have a clear corner light also for the passenger light, that would be great to go along with it.

all insight will be appreciated!

02 M3 Carbon Metallic
954-464-9802
bradrferry@yahoo.com

let me know what you have, you old headlight could be my goldmine
bradferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
bradferry

Bump

and also if you have the back housing by itself with the tabs.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
bradferry

bump
Old 11-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Asmod3us
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to Asmod3us
I've got a pass halogen with dmg'd tabs, any fair offer, its yours!

PM ME!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
bradferry

pm'd
Old 11-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
bradferry

bump any passenger headlights for coupes welcome
Old 11-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
the xecutionr

My Ride: Imola M3 Vert
Re: WTB e46 halogen FR passenger headlight

Ive done this on my car... swaped internals from xenon headlights into my halogen housings.... it can work but its not 100% ... you will have to do some drilling or cutting or improvising as the halogen housings were never meant to have the harness of the xenon igniter pass through them so they lack the predrilled holes in the rear of the housing. If you like finding a way to make things work youll be ok. If you get easily frustrated or want everything to be spot on oem... maybe you want to go another direction.. just my personal experience

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

THE ONLY THING I FEAR IS FAILURE, AND FAILURE IS NEVER AN OPTION. GO HARD OR GO HOME.

Last edited by the xecutionr; 11-23-2013 at 07:29 AM.
the xecutionr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
bradferry

ic thanks for the input, i was wondering kinda myself just awaiting to find a housing really. i have all my internals and everything are good , maybe a wire or 2 split but i'll solder them and heat shrink them. The pass through on a halogen housing ; it should have the dimples at least where the igniter and auto levelers would be if it were made to be an xenon. i would think all the housing should be the same, at least the mold's (black plastic back housing)

my question is it has the ballast holder on the bottom of the halogen , just like how its mounted on my xenon one thats broke in which the backs cracked and i don't want that in.

thanks for chiming in!
appreciate any/all information before i tackle this project.
Brad

Last edited by bradferry; 11-23-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
the xecutionr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradferry View Post
ic thanks for the input, i was wondering kinda myself just awaiting to find a housing really. i have all my internals and everything are good , maybe a wire or 2 split but i'll solder them and heat shrink them. The pass through on a halogen housing ; it should have the dimples at least where the igniter and auto levelers would be if it were made to be an xenon. i would think all the housing should be the same, at least the mold's (black plastic back housing)

my question is it has the ballast holder on the bottom of the halogen , just like how its mounted on my xenon one thats broke in which the backs cracked and i don't want that in.

thanks for chiming in!
appreciate any/all information before i tackle this project.
Brad
Yea it has the slots to attach the ignitors

THE ONLY THING I FEAR IS FAILURE, AND FAILURE IS NEVER AN OPTION. GO HARD OR GO HOME.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
2005blackm3

My Ride: s2000
I found a set for $600, but I only need the driver side. it came off from a 2006 m3. it's a complete headlight with the ballast. I think it has the signal light too. if you are willing to pay $300 plus shipping, i will pick it up and send you the passenger side.
2005blackm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
bradferry

ic, are you looking at the one on ebay? send me the link bc it has a best offer also. ill be willing to do 50/50 of what the final sold for.
i know ill then have to pay to to ship it here.

pm me also.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
bradferry

thanks xecutioner , so the only spot needed holes is where the auto levelers go?
Old 11-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
the xecutionr

Quote:
thanks xecutioner , so the only spot needed holes is where the auto levelers go?
If i remember right anywhere that there are wires to connect... honestly id have to go dig one of the old housing out to tell you exactly

Old 11-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #14
2005blackm3

Quote:
ic, are you looking at the one on ebay? send me the link bc it has a best offer also. ill be willing to do 50/50 of what the final sold for.
i know ill then have to pay to to ship it here.

pm me also.
no, not on ebay. it's a private seller from local. I think im gonna go pick it up tomorrow anyway.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
bradferry

okay ... ic well the one on ebay has a best offer with free shipping . PM me please so we can work out a deal.
as you can see what im trying to do to save money although i do need it.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #16
2005blackm3

Quote:
okay ... ic well the one on ebay has a best offer with free shipping . PM me please so we can work out a deal.
as you can see what im trying to do to save money although i do need it.
okay, I confirmed with the seller that I will pick it up tomorrow. I will pm you when I got home, and I could you send you some pictures too.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #17
bradferry

awesome!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #18
bradferry

Cool

hey executioner , by any chance, alls i need to fix my headlight would be , the back housing ? is there any chance you or anybody might have the passenger one in good condition with like one tab still good up top or possibly both?

i would put mine back in but broken tabs and also cracked on the rear corner.

cause i can always fix this on up and sell it and potentially make money towards the good one.

Let me know please ANYBODY
Old 11-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #19
2005blackm3

picked up the headlight already, if you still interested in the complete headlight with signal pm me.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
the xecutionr

Hey... after looking through my crap i had the answer you needed the whole time... sorry... i have the black plastic XENON back housing...all hole already there.. pm me if you want to make me an offer for it

Tags
e46, headlight