E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #21
aleksankazakov

My Ride: 04 E46 330i sport
Does anyone know angel eye installation forum? I plan to have angel eyes on my 04 330 and i have a slight issue. You see my car came with day running lights which are always on. you can see the picture. If i plug the angel lights then what with the day running lights?
Sent from my droid 2 using Bimmer App
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1327895622387.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	434560
aleksankazakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #22
SweTurbo
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: 323i -98
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksankazakov View Post
Does anyone know angel eye installation forum? I plan to have angel eyes on my 04 330 and i have a slight issue. You see my car came with day running lights which are always on. you can see the picture. If i plug the angel lights then what with the day running lights?
Sent from my droid 2 using Bimmer App
You have the euro DRL's from what i can tell(called position lights in europe btw)

Simply unplug the 5W bulb and take the positive wire from the AE and splice into black wire , take negative and splice into brown and you're done.

If you get bulb out warning(euro's do this) then wire a 32ohm 10w resistor in parallel with the AE's.
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
hybrid_eg

My Ride: 02 Alpine W/M3
sorry for invading this threat but all the LCM talk got me intrigued.. I have a very similar problem, flicker sometimes and sometimes just light turns off.. ballast had been replaced, although i have not done the ignitor.. i do have a new ignitor.. mainly this was happening on passenger side xenon headlight on my E46 vert, the other day left side just went out after turning lights off and back to ON it started fine.. but the craziest part is this.. upon start up headlights do auto level sweep.. according to research they should first go down then come up to middle and stay there.. on mine.. left one goes down then to middle, right one goes up then to middle.. all parts, motor, associated level on suspension etc seem to be fine.. motor goes in only one way and headlight was never taken apart so i dont see how it would go reverse.. does LCM also control this? Could this be the culprit both for the flicker, sporadic on-off, and incorrect auto level sequence? damn electrical gremlins!
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #24
Matt_meier

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325Ci
2004 325ci

Hi everyone,

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have somewhat of a similar problem and cannot find any info remotely close to my problem.... I too have bixenon adaptive headlights...

I recently noticed that my driver side light was flickering the tiniest bit, so I bought a pair of new bulbs off eBay and swapped them out. Everything worked beautifully ...no more flicker.
Just a few days ago I was driving down the road and my passenger side light slightly flashed brighter then went out... I got all kinds of light error icons on the dash.
Turned car off and on a few times finally light came back on.
But I noticed that if I kept the light knob to the right full on (not auto) position my adaptive feature stopped working but my passenger light remained on.
When I switched back to auto, my adaptive feature came back online however after turning the wheel a bit the passenger side light went out...

What on earth is going on?????????? I would HATE to have to replace the lcm...

Any insight would be so so appreciated.
Thanks!
Matt_meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #25
afstud

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6-speed
to aleksankazakov, you can install the angel eyes, but you should have your DRL disabled otherwise they will look weird with them on, and theres tons of youtube videos and such of the Installation of Angel eyes.

Tags
adaptive, bi-xenon, headlight