E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
BScarborough0

My Ride: 03 325i
03 325i Won't Start

My e46 325i will not start. All of the Lights and gauges and everything come on but the car will not crank. it doesn't make a sound at all other than what I think is the fuel pump, you can barely hear it. My key remote will not lock or unlock the car, so my first action was go to the dealer and order a new key. Got the new key along with directions to program the key to my car. The first step to program was start the car. The car will not start. now im thinking maybe starter possibly? I will be home Friday and will check the voltage going through the starter but if anyone else has had this issue or may have ideas please post. I absolutely have to have this car running by Monday because I have a mothers day get away booked for the whole week for my wife's 1st.

I'm a new BMW owner from Warner Robins/Stockbridge GA coming from a Lexus GS400 Platinum so whole new world. I don't know too much other than the basics about my car but I'm an enthusiast and I've been doing a lot of reading lately trying to learn as much as possible so any knowledge/ guidance is much appreciated, Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130412_173142r.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	504717  
BScarborough0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
Bimmerfun325i

My Ride: E46 M3
Hey buddy go to your trunk and find the battery. take the car connection off, then put it back on. see if it turns on after you do that. if not, then it could possibly be the battery. The battery could possibly be charged enough to show the gauges and everything but not enough to start the car, you could also try jump starting the car if you have cables! and hey also do you drive a manual by chance??

-Austin
Bimmerfun325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
BScarborough0

My Ride: 03 325i
Yeah for whatever reason I just shot the possibility that it could be the battery because everything seemed to be working. but I'll make sure to have my wife do that first thing in the morning, I'll post the outcome. I thought for sure that it was an issue with the key, but I needed to make a spare anyways so not too much at a loss.

Automatic, had to get something the wife could drive.
BScarborough0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Bimmerfun325i

My Ride: E46 M3
yeah just for kicks go and try jump starting the car. i was going to tell you to do a rolling start if you drove a manual and just pop the clutch to get it to start! but just try a jump start, see what happens!
Bimmerfun325i is offline   Reply With Quote