E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #121
Sofresh2Clean

My Ride: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazedcat View Post
This might be the dumbest post I've read in my 5 years here.
Thats my job to post the dumbest stuff and entertain

* Mods should into this *

Last edited by Sofresh2Clean; 05-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Sofresh2Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #122
lennon31987

My Ride: imolarot II M
Send a message via AIM to lennon31987
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngproexec View Post
Howd they lose the license? Im not exactly sure why your going so far as to seek legal counsel 1 for you

Why are you encouraging others to research this? I mean facts are facts, but your going all out for what reason? What does this accomplish? smh.. 2 s

Why are you bad-mouthing them? If you wanted to express your opinion as you did earlier in the thread thats fine, but now you've taken it too far. Going after their business and prospective customers is a low blow by any measure regardless of if you had a falling out with them.. Not cool................

You have no idea what you are talking about, but continue to post here, only bumps it up to the top. Everything is factual and can be researched if you see fit, enjoy.

ILLm3 hates me cause im GGGOOODLOOKIIINN

seeking detailing perfection?
lennon31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #123
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
I have a few bad stories about them from a few friends and local members that I met up with. That's all I'm saying... not to mention two of my own.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #124
///M3Turk

My Ride: M6 ,X5, R6, M5, M3
Send a message via AIM to ///M3Turk Send a message via MSN to ///M3Turk
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon31987 View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about, but continue to post here, only bumps it up to the top. Everything is factual and can be researched if you see fit, enjoy.
hahahaha

Firat
///M3Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #125
SammyV

My Ride: CB M3
Send a message via AIM to SammyV
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon31987 View Post
Led to believe since this is my thread i can continue to update

well impressive lost their license to do any and all business in november 2011, this was confirmed by both myself and my legal representation and can be done by you if you feel the urge to call the NYS department of motor vehicle.

I sincerely all urge wishing or thinking about doing any business to keep in mind they are NOT licensed to do any business in NYS at all.
Wow, I am a bit surprised that this is the first time this information is coming to light.

It looks like Impressive Auto Center is now doing business under the name Impressive Autowerk, as the website shows cars that Impressive Auto used to post up here, so I have to think they are the same entity... Pretty shady, I wonder why the change in DBA? If they setup another corporation entirely, that's even more questionable.
SammyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #126
jacob220

My Ride: 2003 325i 5spd
my experience with Un-impressive can be described with one word: nightmare!

I had to spend a lot of money to bring my car to a proper mechanical condition after impressive crew was done with it. I know ,I could ask them to correct all of the stuff but I just didn't want them to touch it anymore and brake more!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #127
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
This thread should have been locked long ago!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #128
rkhettry23

My Ride: Has2Turbos & X-Drive
Glad to see this thread. I had horrible experience with them as well. I don't want to go into it, but it was a nightmare. He said she said. EVERYONE was at fault except them, etc. etc. I posted my story a few years back and got flamed to hell by all the leg humpers trying to get "hooked up" with cheap work. lol

2002 325xi--Parted Out
rkhettry23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #129
lennon31987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
This thread should have been locked long ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhettry23 View Post
Glad to see this thread. I had horrible experience with them as well. I don't want to go into it, but it was a nightmare. He said she said. EVERYONE was at fault except them, etc. etc. I posted my story a few years back and got flamed to hell by all the leg humpers trying to get "hooked up" with cheap work. lol
here is one of them right above you.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #130
Barbaros

Well that's damn right and so f ing what? You have had a bad experience with them, so did somebody else and etc etc. How about the other party? I have had great experiences with them just like the most customers they had. I have the right to feel free to tell how satisfied I am, just like you have the right to tell how unsatisfied you are! Nobody writes up a thread to tell how satisfied they are with impressive or any other shop though. Yet an angry person just like you, does. It's just not fair. You both could have worked the things out with John in a better manner. You think you are ruining his business by creating this thread which would eventually stop people going to his shop. Which is true but remember that will not only harm John but also the guys working in his shop trying to supply for their families. You go drive your ultimate driving machine with joy now...
Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #131
Sofresh2Clean

Quote:
Well that's damn right and so f ing what? You have had a bad experience with them, so did somebody else and etc etc. How about the other party? I have had great experiences with them just like the most customers they had. I have the right to feel free to tell how satisfied I am, just like you have the right to tell how unsatisfied you are! Nobody writes up a thread to tell how satisfied they are with impressive or any other shop though. Yet an angry person just like you, does. It's just not fair. You both could have worked the things out with John in a better manner. You think you are ruining his business by creating this thread which would eventually stop people going to his shop. Which is true but remember that will not only harm John but also the guys working in his shop trying to supply for their families. You go drive your ultimate driving machine with joy now...
+1 one of the most sensible comments on this entire thread.....
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #132
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:

But why should only positive things be posted? NO ONE is perfect.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #133
Barbaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
But why should only positive things be posted? NO ONE is perfect.
That's the problem. I have never seen any positive feedback posted about any shop. People happen to create threads asking about an advise like where to get their cars fixed. Then we start telling them which shop is good. Had there been threads posted about a good shop, people wouldn't have to ask for it or make a mistake going to a shop that sucks. Now with this thread OP posted, people get the idea where to not go but they still have no idea where to go. Negative feedbacks for a shop(or anything) are unfair when there s no respect for the positive ones. This is what's going on with this thread.

Last edited by Barbaros; 05-14-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #134
Sofresh2Clean

Ive written at least one positive thread about the work done at a shop, and its only fair (although not required) to leave positive feedback for a positive job. To be fair, the OP has the right to post his experiences and feedback on any job at any place. By posting on the forum the OP would be able to share his experience whether positive or negative and inform us (prospective customers) accordingly.

In some instances posting up a positive review will generate a "thanks for posting" by the shop's representation on the forum and similarly, a negative review could prompt action or resolution to the issue between the shop and dissatisfied customer. The OP started the thread informing us about his experience and I wrongly jumped to conclusions. As stated earlier he has a right to post what he wants to benefit everyone else. Where the OP went wrong was when he shifted from explaining his experience to "updating" the thread weeks later about Impressively apparently losing their license.

Even mentioning that on a public forum where others rely on shop reviews is dangerous to business and the OP knows that. What it sounds like is the OP is butthurt an in order to make himself feel better he's trying to destroy Impressive's business. Simply put. Theres no other reason to tell us that information. If we wanted to know we would look it up ourselves...

What I love even more is that the OP tried to make me look stupid a couple of posts earlier when he claimed " I don't know what Im talking about". To hell I do! I simply asked him what does posting about Impressive losing their license accomplish and Im still waiting on an answer even though I already know.

To OP:You really showed to the entire subsection of the NYC forums your true colors. Actually attempt to answer my question by utilizing a little process called reading instead of avoiding it.. Nobody is against you here I even admitted my wrongful judgements against you earlier in the year. Just try to understand the point/points presented in this response.....
Old 05-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #135
Barbaros

You are right! Of course he has the right to share his story and the negative feedback. Yet what I don't like about him and the others who had bad experiences with the shop is that they get offensive and call us asskissers when we share our positives! I clearly stated in my previous posts on this thread that I feel sorry for what has happened to OP. So as well as most of us and I replied on his thread respecting his side of the view, him and others who had issues should respect our side. Obviously this drama has gone too far.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #136
Sofresh2Clean

We would be a$$kissers if we ONLY shared positive experiences and were oblivious to everything else. As far as Im concerned Im being fair by apologizing to the OP before (a couple times) and allowing him to voice his opinions freely without trying to censor him like before. Im not sure if anyone called me that but if anyone who wants to insist Im an a$$kisser after the aforemtioned is clearly retarded...

I concur, this "drama" has gone to far.... Impressive has moved on and hasnt posted anything since they withdrew from the thread. A very mature move IMO.. In the meantime the OP is still carrying on like a lil baby.. Grow up

Last edited by Sofresh2Clean; 05-15-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #137
JiMMyM3

My Ride: e46 M3
The reason i went to Impressive was because of the positive reviews that everyone else had posted on the forum, not just the fact that they are a sponsor here. I have also been thoroughly unimpressed with their work, and had to spend twice as much fixing what they had done wrong. IMO the op is not bashing impressive but telling everyone here the problems he has had with the shop, yet he is taking flak from the Impressive supporters. I completely feel for him as he spent alot of money and has nothing to show for it but headaches and a broken car.
JiMMyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #138
lennon31987

Quote:
Sorry however I can not be concerned with that. I am concerned with my work and what went on and bringing up this point is so unrelated to anything. You blast me like you know me, but the fact of the matter is I have no clue who you are, what your face looks like or your voice and none of it matters. I did not pay all this money to be concerned with the families of the mechanics who are doing their jobs, I paid for a completed job which was not completed to OEM spec, not even remotely close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngproexec View Post
Ive written at least one positive thread about the work done at a shop, and its only fair (although not required) to leave positive feedback for a positive job. To be fair, the OP has the right to post his experiences and feedback on any job at any place. By posting on the forum the OP would be able to share his experience whether positive or negative and inform us (prospective customers) accordingly.

In some instances posting up a positive review will generate a "thanks for posting" by the shop's representation on the forum and similarly, a negative review could prompt action or resolution to the issue between the shop and dissatisfied customer. The OP started the thread informing us about his experience and I wrongly jumped to conclusions. As stated earlier he has a right to post what he wants to benefit everyone else. Where the OP went wrong was when he shifted from explaining his experience to "updating" the thread weeks later about Impressively apparently losing their license.

Even mentioning that on a public forum where others rely on shop reviews is dangerous to business and the OP knows that. What it sounds like is the OP is butthurt an in order to make himself feel better he's trying to destroy Impressive's business. Simply put. Theres no other reason to tell us that information. If we wanted to know we would look it up ourselves...

What I love even more is that the OP tried to make me look stupid a couple of posts earlier when he claimed " I don't know what Im talking about". To hell I do! I simply asked him what does posting about Impressive losing their license accomplish and Im still waiting on an answer even though I already know.

To OP:You really showed to the entire subsection of the NYC forums your true colors. Actually attempt to answer my question by utilizing a little process called reading instead of avoiding it.. Nobody is against you here I even admitted my wrongful judgements against you earlier in the year. Just try to understand the point/points presented in this response.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiMMyM3 View Post
The reason i went to Impressive was because of the positive reviews that everyone else had posted on the forum, not just the fact that they are a sponsor here. I have also been thoroughly unimpressed with their work, and had to spend twice as much fixing what they had done wrong. IMO the op is not bashing impressive but telling everyone here the problems he has had with the shop, yet he is taking flak from the Impressive supporters. I completely feel for him as he spent alot of money and has nothing to show for it but headaches and a broken car.
Again, you say things like 'showing your true colors', listen I DONT KNOW YOU, you don't know me, your barrated me with PM's trying to dissolve a situation that has nothing to do with you. I don't know you, so stop trying to say things about my character, you know NOTHING about me. But again, and this going for all the other guys bashing this thread, continue to do so, it will only bump this up more and more. Its apparent my thread is not going to be closed, I have never, not once, misrepresented anything here and my statements are factual. Their license WAS suspended in 2011 (november) for reasons which I will not post here.

If this thread helps one person to see that never every glowing review is accurate then I will have accomplished something. Hell, if half of the people who have come out of the wood works to PM me telling me their story had just posted it initially then I would have never gone there in the first place. But its funny how everyone now has so much to say but only after I stirred up the pot (so to speak).

Old 05-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #139
kk2

My Ride: e36, e46, e90
Are you kids serious?

if you remember a year ago, all you "fanbois" were ruining this forum with vendor spam. "This vendor is so great.." "no, this vendor is better.."

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...018&highlight=

Grow up. Obviously a lot of people have issues with impressive. These issues deserve to be brought under the light. If a restaurant was giving even 5% of customers food poisoning, would you want to know? Or would you just want to sweep it under the rug?
kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #140
kermitthefloer

My Ride: 04 330ci/ 99 S70
People have the right to leave there feedback. I have seen plenty of positive things on Impressive, and a few negatives since my time on here.

Honestly the name change, and all the legal stuff against them right now is ridiculous. What I do not understand is why they have not said anything, at least let us know. Apparently people are still going to go there if they trust them. I have only been there once for one of their deals. But have a GREAT shop in Mt. Vernon and have no reason to waste my time driving to Queens and possibly being disappointed.

I know they have seen this thread and should Chime in, IMO. If they dont want the negative feedback do things right the first time, and do not keep having to refix jobs. But yes all mechanics make mistakes once in a while, how they fix it and accommodate you differentiates.