E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #21
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickTheCAN View Post
Wondering how youre going to handle SMOG?
SULEVs do come with secondary cats. Maybe he can weld O2 bungs in there and his car will pass
Old 02-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
Tim13E46

My Ride: 2003 M3
I dont care about smog, im using my aunts address in az and getting my car registered their once im out of the military. which is like 7 months from now
Tim13E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #23
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
OP, have you bought or installed anything else besides the headers ?

When are you investing in a single nozzle wet nitrous kit ? (not kidding)

Rob

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #24
Tim13E46

well, im not too sure if im going with nitrous or not, brushcountry777 was able to make a breakthrough getting a 330 intake manifold to fit the m56.. which means bigger fuel injectors, which means we can sc.. so im probably going with this next and start rebuilding internals and take it step by step..

so far I just have dinan cai, magnaflow catback exhaust, st coilovers, headers, aa tune
Old 02-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #25
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13E46 View Post
well, im not too sure if im going with nitrous or not, brushcountry777 was able to make a breakthrough getting a 330 intake manifold to fit the m56.. which means bigger fuel injectors, which means we can sc.. so im probably going with this next and start rebuilding internals and take it step by step..

so far I just have dinan cai, magnaflow catback exhaust, st coilovers, headers, aa tune

You should give it Maximum consideration, I've helped brushcountry777 a lot with his nitrous ambitions. A simple nitrous system properly setup would be the very best power adder,....period. For about $1200 dollars you could have a nitrous system with all the important/necessary safety devices that made about 60 to 75 WHP & 80 to 112 WTQ.

Rob

Quote:
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #26
Tim13E46

Trust me, im definitely considering, just not too sure yet. S/C and a meth kit sounds like a terrible idea with nitrous lol
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #27
ICONIKE46

My Ride: Horse & Buggy
subbed for some numbers when this project progresses. GL to OP. It's good to see someone actually wanting to do work to a 325 even if they are slow, all about the passion! Your car will be very enjoyable after header/exhaust/tune/diff/cams.(Rob43 has more info on that, he's very helpful) I would say make sure your engine is in top shape before you consider supercharging (Or going with the nitros kit) IMO I would say the supercharger would be the LAST thing you should do. Rebuilding a 325 motor is not worth it spending ALL of that money; Not saying getting bolt-ons aren't worth it but I PERSONALLY wouldn't waste money towards a fully built 325 motor and bother yourself with forged internals yada-yada. Come spring time, I plan on just getting the BB headers, exhaust (debating on which), tune/shark, 3.46 diff, and a custom long tube velocity stack. If anything I would get an AA s/c way later down the road pending on if I keep the car for a very long time. But then again, that's all MY opinion. You may have different goals for yourself and the determination/dedication to your car so by all means, do what you'd like to do..but im subbed

And to the Bimmerbrakes rep, are you new headers out yet?! I need to buy em!
ICONIKE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #28
Tim13E46

Oh yeah man, im rebuilding the engine lol. there's so few people modding this car, its about time somebody does
Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #29
Hornung418

My Ride: '04 MB ZHP
I think the reason there's not a lot of people modding it, is due to the fact that it was only sold in High Emission standard counties, only as a 325 and most importantly, only sold with Automatic Transmissions...not exactly the ideal performance base.

But Props to you on building the car the way you want to! In for the final build dyno.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #30
fastjasonbmw

My Ride: 330Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13E46 View Post

I've got a 330 throttle body for sale, if you're in the market.

As far as the supercharger is concerned, check these out (you'll probably have to modify the stainless steel fuel lines). Personally...ESS!

http://www.esstuning.com/products/M5...%28TS2%29.html

http://www.g-power.de/952.html?L=1&c...#Produkt_Start

Last edited by fastjasonbmw; 02-29-2012 at 10:34 PM.
fastjasonbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #31
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
You should give it Maximum consideration, I've helped brushcountry777 a lot with his nitrous ambitions. A simple nitrous system properly setup would be the very best power adder,....period. For about $1200 dollars you could have a nitrous system with all the important/necessary safety devices that made about 60 to 75 WHP & 80 to 112 WTQ.

Rob
Nitrous Express has a single nozzle kit with different jets and a wide open throttle switch for $419: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ls.php?id=1458

Without WOT switch: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ls.php?id=1457

Dual nozzle: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=859

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #32
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
Nitrous Express has a single nozzle kit with different jets and a wide open throttle switch for $419: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ls.php?id=1458

Without WOT switch: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ls.php?id=1457

Dual nozzle: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=859

I'm glad you're able to post up links, but what's your point ?

If you think you can get away with JUST buying what you linked to, to get a nitrous system up & running properly,.......good luck.

I wouldn't even install any of those on my lawnmower without the needed safety equipment, which ends up running about $1200.

Rob

Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #33
Tim13E46

I continue to find myself more and more curious about a nitrous set up