E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #201
IrocThe325i

My Ride: chirps when I turn
i used to live at island dragway. my 325 ran a 15.6 bone stock there. im not tryin to run but ill def come chill!!

Go Drifting Or Go To Hell
IrocThe325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #202
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46tknv View Post
I think this thread needs to be expanded and posted in all e46 forums, like the m3 forum, bimmerfest, bimmerforums. Unless it already has been posted there.
Thats a good idea, but the purpose of this meet was to meet fellow fanatics. however, we could use more bmw enthusiast no matter what forum they enjoy. What do you think doug?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #203
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocThe325i View Post
i used to live at island dragway. my 325 ran a 15.6 bone stock there. im not tryin to run but ill def come chill!!
Add your name to the list then.
Copy and paste.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #204
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Well, honestly, right now I think Island Dragway better return one of my calls! LOL Otherwise I'm giving Flemington a call!

Also, I really want it to stay fanatics only, and we talked about this earlier in the thread.

My reasoning is that one, I'd personally like to meet fanatics; I don't know guys from other forums, coz I'm only here.

Also, judging from the 'friendly' rivalry here amongst ourselves, I'm more concerned about bringing those from other forums who, because they're not part of 'our' community, care more about the beating others, than about the meeting and being chill. I also don't want to invest my time for people I have absolutely no interest in.

Mostly, I'm concerned that drag racing amongst 'teams' will end up causing more cars to get messed up.

I think fanatics is a special place and has a unique character...and thus I really feel bonded to it and all of you. I've met guys from other forums, like the M3 forums, and pretty much I think odds are they're going to be...how can I put this politely? I can't...so I won't!

I'm forecasting trouble if we open it up.

That said, if you all want to discuss this and decide that's what you want to do, I'm in no position to stop you. I'm just in a position to step aside. Already I've spent hours in this thread and made many calls, e-mails trying to get info...I'm not doing more for totally random people! You guys are random enough!

I haven't seen one exclusive Fanatics' meet and think it'd be neat. Just saying. I'm hoping it goes well and becomes a tradition...and helps us all become a stronger community. (You guys have tears in your eyes now, don't you? )

dmax on the radio--answering all your car questions as best I can!
watsonnwatson.com every Wednesday at 9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 Click "Watch and Chat"
Please 'friend' me!
https://www.facebook.com/DMaxstandup

Last edited by dmax; 03-23-2012 at 05:56 PM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #205
k.beans

My Ride: 1992 Audi URs4
dmax,

where is the track in flemington? i was unaware of any track (other than the flemington speedway which is now a wally world) that is still used.
k.beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #206
dmax

I guess I should have said Englishtown--Raceway Park. I grew up in NJ a long time ago and since I don't drag, never heard that Flemington closed years ago...oops!

I'm googling other racetracks and there aren't that many in NJ, but a number in NY.

Please help--if you know of dragstrips close to NYC, please post them here or PM me, so we can contact them and see what they can offer us.

There are many in NY, but it'd take a while for me to google each one to find out how close they are.

We'll get this thing done!

watsonnwatson.com every Wednesday at 9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 Click "Watch and Chat"
Please 'friend' me!

Last edited by dmax; 03-24-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #207
jerseyrider
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2001 330Ci-06 K1200s
Dmax, if not too many people are planning on running their cars, why not just go on a Friday night. It's not that busy and I'm sure they'll let you and BeMyWhip run head to head. Anyone else who wants to run can and the rest can just hang out and watch. I'm pretty sure it would take a lot to close the track to the public and just use the track for us fanatics. Sundays are their biggest days as they are at any racetrack. I can maybe cruise by there tomorrow and talk to someone in person.
jerseyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #208
dmax

Jersey, if you can do that, that would be great. We picked Sunday, though, because that seems to be a requirement for Whip...maybe a Friday night would work for him. I think a number would like to run, but I'm not sure. Once we get a date, some won't be able to make it and I'm sure others will be able to commit. Hard to say.

I'll PM you my number too, so you can pass it along to them to see if you can get them to call me.

Thanks for the offer!

Doug

Please 'friend' me!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #209
dmax

Okay, so I just spoke with someone at Raceway Park--Englishtown

I'm getting all the specifics in the mail, but here's a heads up for us to consider:

First, he said that Sundays are difficult and very crowded...and mostly booked solid with events...(sorry Whip...I know that's an issue).

On Saturday, he said gates open at 9, racing goes from around 10-3:30 or so.

$25 gets you in. (Spectators $12-15)

What he said he'd do for us is give us a staging lane for all of us racing. They stage by classes, but we could all be together and decide who races who. They go through each staging lane...we'd race against one another and then either regroup and hang out in staging lanes or park elsewhere to hang until they're ready for our lane again.

He guaranteed us 3 runs easily...and said depending on the total number of cars there that day, it could be 5-6 runs if we wanted.

What else?

For cars running slower than 13.99, a DOT approved helmet is required, which they rent.

If faster than 13.99, then you need to have a Snell helmet.

If you have an aftermarket turbo, you need some fire safety stuff...I think he said some 'encasement' around it...I don't think he said fire suppression, but I'll know for sure when I get the docs. in the mail.

The good news is that this is a reasonably priced option for us. The day is bad for Whip, I know, but here, the only other choice is renting a dedicated set of lanes during the weekday...at around $4,000...or for 20 cars, $200 each. I don't think that's going to happen!

You'll hear more when I hear more. Still waiting to get a human on the phone from Island. We'll see what they have to offer.

Stay tuned!

Please 'friend' me!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #210
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Okay, so I just spoke with someone at Raceway Park--Englishtown

I'm getting all the specifics in the mail, but here's a heads up for us to consider:

What else?

For cars running slower than 13.99, a DOT approved helmet is required, which they rent.

If faster than 13.99, then you need to have a Snail helmet.

Stay tuned!

Doug, what the Hell is a snail helmet ? Is that the type of helmet that slows someone down !

Rob

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind" M54 CAMS 264/252 $849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #211
dmax

Damn, you frightened me, Rob! Not only that, I had to scan my original post to see if I actually wrote that! Very funny!

Please 'friend' me!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #212
Rob43
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Damn, you frightened me, Rob! Not only that, I had to scan my original post to see if I actually wrote that! Very funny!
Just my late night sense of humor.

I hope the event happens, it should be a ton of fun !

Rob

Quote:
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #213
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Looking forward to this event to happen! It is going to be awesome!! I got all maintenance done. Running like new now! I just ordered coilovers too! Almost ready...
Old 03-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #214
dmax

Finally I spoke with Island Dragway!

Here's the deal there:

They run from 12-5, and cycle through the different classes of cars, one class at a time.

There, too, we can stay together, they'd give us a spot to gather in so we can hang while we're waiting our turn. We can set up the runs as we want them...and we'll get to that after we get a date.

The good news is that we can do a Sunday there...yippeee Whip!

The woman I spoke with said that if, say, there are under 100 cars, we'll get probably 5-6 passes each. They always guarantee 3 passes at least.

The cost at Island is $35/car...$15 for spectators.
Helmets are $5 each, but we can just get enough for our passes, so figure $2-3 for that.

Soooo

Here's what we need to discuss--

Raceway in Englishtown--on a Saturday--$25
Island Dragway on a Sunday--$35

Then what date. Mother's Day is out.

We can shoot for late April/ May. Please help us figure out conflicts with other things and rule them out:

April 28/29
May 5/6
May 12/13
May 19/20
May 26/27

What conflicts are there with other, already established events?

Also, to make this easier...we've been talking Sunday all along, so I'd like to take the $10 difference out of the equation and just say, let's shoot for a Sunday, unless that $10 is an issue...and if it is, honestly, maybe you shouldn't be racing your car!

Whip, can you set up a poll for us to find a date...again, not conflicting with other known events?

I suspect when we set a date, we'll lose some and gain commitment from others.

Please 'friend' me!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #215
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
You can rule out april 29th, thats the date for Eurofest.
Bump for Sundays. Id pay the extra $10 so I dont have to miss work.

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #216
Rob43
OEM ///Member

"Please help us figure out conflicts with other things and rule them out:"

April 28/29 Out of town
May 5/6 Out of town
May 12/13 Out of town
May 19/20 Out of town

May 27 Great
June 3 Great
June 10 Scca Race
June 17 Great
June 24 Great
July 1 Scca Race

Doug, certainly don't base things on me, but I would like to attend. Also the longer this goes, the more people that may sign up.

Rob

Quote:
Old 03-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #217
dmax

I agree, the farther out we have a date locked in, the more that might make it. You have an eventful life, I must say!

I'm okay with May 27. Does that conflict with anything 'serious' of a fanatics nature?

Please 'friend' me!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #218
E46Moonlight

My Ride: 2000 323i
Count me in for the 27th
E46Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #219
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Im in for the 27th. Sundays are